DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE observed a wad of hundreds in the box truck door. Maybe that was the $5K? LE also mentioned over $10K in money orders in the box truck. That's approximately $15K. That figure makes sense if W-1 only delivered $20K.

Or there was someone in the house with Wint who split the money.

JMO

Have you ever seen The Wire? Murderers carry their tools around in buckets. In this case, I believe the bucket was used to transport gasoline. LE recovered a similar bucket from this father's house.

What it a similar bucket or the same bucket??

Woah, maybe it was said already but I'm just catching up- do we know for sure that w1 texted NG the pic of $$? Is NG w2?

NG should not have known about the money drop. She gave information about the money drop to the media. She said she spoke with the driver who told her he delivered the cash Thursday morning. Then she walked it all back and said she didn't know anything about the money.

A few thoughts:

If the cash delivery was pre-planned (before Wed PM)/a regular occurrence, and DW heard about it "through the grape vine", wouldn't it have been a lot easier to intercept the driver outside the house on the day of delivery, rather than take a whole family hostage and hold them overnight?

Is it possible that W1's employment was about to come to an end? If he didn't know SS would be killed, he had to know SS would discover the missing money, so he would certainly expect to be fired, if not prosecuted. Taking and texting the photo of the money is really hurting his credibility.

What's with the red bag AND manila envelope? Did SS tell him to bring them? As I've scoured SM searching for "clues", I've noticed a number of people posting photos of artfully arranged cash, often captioned with something like "Money, Power, Respect". If W1 was doing that, it would explain why the band was off one of the stacks. But why put half of it in the red bag? Why wouldn't he just lay it out on the seat of the car? Or photograph ALL of it? If you're looking to wow someone, wouldn't $40K be twice as impressive as $20K, even if you're just having fun and planning to put it all into a manila envelope to complete the delivery? I feel like we only know a few facts about this guy, but all of those point to someone immature and impulsive. I can't imagine there weren't other warning signs that would lead SS to worry about having him around his family.

W1 had a gazillion SM accounts to which he posted photos and video. I wouldn't be surprised if someone in the family came across one of these posts of the interiors of their cars and found it immature/unprofessional/possibly dangerous. W1 is the star of every "company"/video/SM post, so finding himself more pit crew/support person for a ten year-old than the center of attention, especially in the "racing community" could bother him. If he already knew he was about to be let go, it would make more sense for him to plan to rob the family, either alone or with someone else's help (DW). Yes, I know this is all conjecture! :blushing:

I think LE is waiting for co-conspirator(s) to lead them to/come back for something big. There's some reason the entourage was driving that rolling garage - it's just not the most convenient/unobtrusive vehicle for a drive down NY Avenue. Is it normal for a crime scene to remain active for as long as the SS house? I realize this is not a "normal" crime, but it seems like a long time to still have techs there and the street blocked off. FWIW, I'm not saying they were heading to the house with the truck. These two observations/presumptions are probably unrelated.

I believe the crime scene is still active because LE/techs have over 10,000 sq feet of property & land to go over. It's a huge house!

NG should not have known about the money drop. She gave information about the money drop to the media. She said she spoke with the driver who told her he delivered the cash Thursday morning. Then she walked it all back and said she didn't know anything about the money.

I think she found out when they were all discussing the crime between themselves afterwards.

She didn't say anything about the money drop initially. I don't think she knew in advance of the crime there was to be a money drop. Once she heard about it, after the crime, she told the media.

It was reported as if she knew about the money drop in advance, but she did not, imo.

JMO.

A few thoughts:
If the cash delivery was pre-planned (before Wed PM)/a regular occurrence, and DW heard about it "through the grape vine", wouldn't it have been a lot easier to intercept the driver outside the house on the day of delivery, rather than take a whole family hostage and hold them overnight?

If you know about something generally but not specifically, you wouldn't know when exactly the driver does that. That would be extremely stupid if W1 was bragging and giving specific dates and times rather than just saying it's something he did weekly/monthly/etc...it would be stupid bragging that you're doing that, but saying when exactly you're doing it would be a higher level of stupid.

Is it possible that W1's employment was about to come to an end? If he didn't know SS would be killed, he had to know SS would discover the missing money, so he would certainly expect to be fired, if not prosecuted. Taking and texting the photo of the money is really hurting his credibility.

I'm not sure either how long W1 had worked there nor how long he was going to remain. It's possible that W1 was coming near the end of a 90 day probation and knew he wasn't going to be kept on.

What's with the red bag AND manila envelope? Did SS tell him to bring them? As I've scoured SM searching for "clues", I've noticed a number of people posting photos of artfully arranged cash, often captioned with something like "Money, Power, Respect". If W1 was doing that, it would explain why the band was off one of the stacks. But why put half of it in the red bag? Why wouldn't he just lay it out on the seat of the car? Or photograph ALL of it? If you're looking to wow someone, wouldn't $40K be twice as impressive as $20K, even if you're just having fun and planning to put it all into a manila envelope to complete the delivery? I feel like we only know a few facts about this guy, but all of those point to someone immature and impulsive. I can't imagine there weren't other warning signs that would lead SS to worry about having him around his family.

I don't know that it's be confirmed by anyone other than W1 that there ever was a manila envelope. I think LE is suspicious on that given how the charging document reads.

W1 is the star of every "company"/video/SM post, so finding himself more pit crew/support person for a ten year-old than the center of attention, especially in the "racing community" could bother him. If he already knew he was about to be let go, it would make more sense for him to plan to rob the family, either alone or with someone else's help (DW).

Not that I'm saying I do see it that way, but I could see how W1 could absolutely despise the Ss and PS in particular.

she knew about it after the fact. then she was saying she didn't know about it before it actually happened. She only knew afterwards because she had spoken to the assistant/driver and he told her about what had transpired in the morning.

The prevailing theory is W-1 kept some of the money. About $20K. That's why DW flew into a rage and killed everyone in the house.

bbm I am not in that evolutionary chain. I have not seen the picture of the bundles... have you seen them by chance? if so please link.

Now that I'm reading this paragraph (AGAIN), why is W2 (the person who received the text from W1) a witness while the
"other employee" who was interviewed is not given a W number?

The other employe provided the package to W1, isn't that a witness?

All W2 did was receive a text. What makes that a "witness" when the Other Employee is not one?

Hope I'm making sense and not confusing this all over again.

I think the distinction is made to separate the witnesses from those who are not under suspicion. W-1 and W-2 are likely co-conspirators. W-3 may also be under suspicion.

I think the distinction is made to separate the witnesses from those who are not under suspicion. W-1 and W-2 are likely co-conspirators. W-3 may also be under suspicion.

Curious who are the people behind W1, W2, and W3?

ETA W1 being the driver who are the other two (2).?

hmm...I'm not following you down that thought path.

hmm...I'm not following you down that thought path.

Yeah, waiting to see how the witness that saw the porsche going out bound on NY ave is a co-conspirator. jmo idk maybe I am wrong about who W3 is. jmo idk

Also, how does it figure in to this.... fox5dc spoke to a neighbor that saw the Porsche speed down the street on Wed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke