DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I speculate that JW might have facilitated this crime in some way and out of a narrow interest of his own, I do not believe for a second-can not believe--he was in the house harming the lovely little boy. In fact, if he was involved, I tend to think he had no idea how the situation would escalate. And I think the protective and savy and worldly family would not invite evil into their household; they were just too intuitively selective, adept at the people thing not to spot a direct threat. SS's business acumen is probably a measure of his shrewdness in personal matters, particularly those that would impact his nearest and dearest.

The problem for the Driver is not just his lies...its that the picture of the money shows it in a different state than the way it was given him. I believe it was out of the bank wrapper.

Now imagine you are involved in a "flurry" of calls and your boss instructed you to get money from another employee and bring it to his house. You do that.

Okay. So what...you then take time to unwrap it, spread it out , take pictures of it, and then put it in another bag before you breeze on over to the Bosses house? No worry that he might wonder why the money is not in the bank wrapper?
I think they are looking at the time of that picture sent to the girlfriend. I think they are wondering if it's just not his share of the cut.

That's why he wasn't worried about taking the money out of the wrappers. That's why he lied.

Just a theory.

We'll see.

But unwrapping and repackaging the money, if innocent, was not only dumb but a threat to his job. It was an impulsive risk. Sending the GF the photo...if guilty...was an impulsive risk as well.

Either way, impulsive and risk-taking.

The problem for the Driver is not just his lies...its that the picture of the money shows it in a different state than the way it was given him. I believe it was out of the bank wrapper.

Now imagine you are involved in a "flurry" of calls and your boss instructed you to get money from another employee and bring it to his house. You do that.

Okay. So what...you then take time to unwrap it, spread it out , take pictures of it, and then put it in another bag before you breeze on over to the Bosses house? No worry that he might wonder why the money is not in the bank wrapper?
I think they are looking at the time of that picture sent to the girlfriend. I think they are wondering if it's just not his share of the cut.

That's why he wasn't worried about taking the money out of the wrappers. That's why he lied.

Just a theory.

We'll see.

But unwrapping and repackaging the money, if innocent, was not only dumb but a threat to his job. It was an impulsive risk. Sending the GF the photo...if guilty...was an impulsive risk as well.

Excellent point! The last thing I'd want would be to be accused of tampering with ANYTHING that was to be delivered to my boss, let alone cash! He put his fingerprints everywhere, so if there would have been any problem at all, he'd have been cooked.

I know this might be normal in super rich business circles - the business of getting that much cash from a bank without being there personally - but it's gotten me to think if I ever had to be in that position, I think I'd contact the police with a worry that something might be wrong and could they come with me and check that everything is okay on the target end. Easy to think of this now from the comfort of my home knowing what went after the fact. I'm a lot older than W1, so I'm be more inclined to be suspicious and want 1) want to make sure boss is okay, and 2) to cover my a$$ to prevent accusation of theft. Color me paranoid.

Just a theory.

We'll see.

BBM Hi StMary, can you say more about the part I bolded in red...

What did he have to fear if he knew nothing and was carrying out his employer's instructions? Did the others in the loop also lie about their actions? Obvious lies are desperate ones, given instinctively because one feels caught out. The question is what was he feeling caught out at? What was he playing at? Unless the police are lying, he did lie. Why lie about the money delivery details? Why lie about the specific details he lied about? His fear over-rode the objective reality that his lies would be discovered, that LE had evidence to rebut them. Why, out of the gate, when he is just being asked for an accounting does he resort to lies?

I think she lives in Florida. How could she help with the money? Also, do we know that the call didn't come from the sister?

If SS needed help getting more cash, he could have called in favors from a variety of business associates, senior employees and elite friends. Yes, it would sound desperate, but he was desperate, and frankly it would have helped him if one of these people smelled out something wrong and teased out the truth in a one-sided conversation.

"Savvas, it sounds like you're in real trouble, and you're in the kind of trouble you can't tell me about. If I'm right, don't argue with me, just listen to me and answer my questions. You're at your house, aren't you? Your family is with you? And somebody is there with you who needs money?"

SS might have had one of these conversations if he'd called someone smart enough to figure it out, someone who knew that SS would never call him for $10K in cash that had to be delivered in two hours.

I would think DW would insist the phone be in speaker mode. IMO.

I think the media conveys the impression that he is not speaking with LE, has stopped cooperating, making himself available and that he has not explained his lies. It's interesting that he has also not been reported as lawyering up, just "dropping out" with no contact with LE or the family. O.K. so he was showing off o his girlfriend and tried to cover that fact but why lie about repackaging the money? Why lie about the car being locked? Yes, LE could be "picking on him," but I think they could have reason They know much more about his background than we do at this point and for some reason are using media to try to shake him loose to cooperate with them in their case against Wint and other possible accomplices or to be among those who might be charged. There's no rhyme or reason to his lies, taken a a whole, and it does not appear those others questioned came up with stories contradicted by facts at hand. Frankly, he is the most likely link to information about the family's routine And he seems the most driven by and entranced with money and the status symbols it can buy of any others questioned so far. What has he been doing all this time to earn the gold he seems fascinated by? Grandiose dreams, an outgoing enough personality to make a connection with SS and son that put him in a position of trust notwithstanding no previous professional experience as a personal assistant/driver for any similarly successful and prominent executive, and leaving a job perhaps under a cloud--doesn't seem over zealous of LE to be interested in him and to pressure him via media. He even looks slick in an unprofessional way which I think many solid and un-flashy people of means with strong ties to an upper-class social, business, and cultural community, might question. But he may have got to PS, the apple of the father's eye---as he "grooming" the family, most specifically SS while sizing up his vulnerabilities?

I don't know. It's been said on here that she was the first to break the $40K amount and if she had inside information, she may be a relative or would have to have some way of knowing the information by knowing a participant. They could be con artists who also were behind this where they got rid of the relative they were jealous of and maybe that branch of the family feels that SS cut them out of their inheritance and are going to be contesting the will. Actually if she did break the $40K, I'd be extremely curious how she knew that if her branch of the family had been disowned.

Wow...."that" niece. I saw her comments in the comment section of a news article in the beginning of the case. She released details that only someone close to the case would have access to. The comments quickly were deleted.

sbm bbm

Jumping off ^ post re (vehicle) garage door, to thinking about other door(s) to garage.

SOS - requesting help from our tech wizards - any photo(s) of S fam home showing whether an exterior pedestrian door accessed garage, without going thru other parts of house? Or could alarm system record LE how JW (or ?) accessed?
Could JW or anyone enter S home without opening vehicle garage door(s). Floor plan thru R/E website? IDK.

Neighbors or ppl in area would be more likely to notice open vehicle garage door than a ped door into garage, imo jmo moo. May tell LE something about timing?

Thx, 1&2&3, for the idea.

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=38...~p~-3.1~cz~0.66~pid~5082&app=5082&FORM=LMLTCC

I was watching the 48 Hours show this week, and I believe it was a new one.... Subject was the heroin overdose of the Google exec on his boat. The case was broken only after the video was obtained from the cameras onboard. It took a warrant and weeks to get the video which was STREAMED and saved in the cloud - not locally. No arrests were made until after the video was obtained.

Reason I bring this up is that I came across video of techs at Savvas's house on one of the many I have watched (can't remember which one) and the closeup of the camera head reminded me of the one shown from the Google persons boat.

Here's to :toast: hoping that a lot of damning evidence is merely waiting for them to view..... that the videos which may have been streamed to a cloud, vs. the old way/low cost way of to a box which perps would have access to, and we are merely waiting on a warrant and viewing of those videos.

If the TV show "The First 48" is any indication, you're spot on. It has always baffled me why the first (& only) word out of their mouths isn't "LAWYER". Even if I was completely innocent in an investigation, that would be the ONLY thing they'd hear me say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From cases I've followed, the order for me if not under arrest would be
#1 - Am I being detained?
#2 - Am I free to go?
.... then, if needed, the lawyer route

:giggle:

From cases I've followed, the order for me if not under arrest would be
#1 - Am I being detained?
#2 - Am I free to go?
.... then, if needed, the lawyer route

:giggle:
The guy had a long rap sheet and was just arrested the end of March for stolen goods... he knows the drill. lol

That title has always intrigued me. In plain sight.

That's how you physically stalk someone, watch their movements. This happens after you find them electronically. Ever put
your own name in whitepages.com? Up pops your info with a map to your house and you can get directions! Ugh.

Who's in your neighborhood? Or any neighborhood? Or the S neighborhood
Trash collectors/ recyclers
Water/ Gas/ Elec/ CATV/ Phone
Utility markers
Paper delivery men
Salesman/ solicitors
Landscapers
Painters
Remodelers
Religious Missionaries
Building inspectors
Delivery services like UPS, LaserShip, FedEx
Cops/ security guards
And...

And anyone in an white UNSUB van- that's what we call them in our house.
And the S family lived on a CORNER. Lots of traffic.

I work in our yard daily and am amazed how much traffic we have on our street. Everyday. All day long. And it's a cul de sac with opportunities to turn around well before my house. And rarely is a house "on the market".

My neighbor uses a different "national" trash company than most in our area use.They wear the green vests. Wouldn't it be easy to pretend to be a trash guy, put on the vest, roll the container back up to the house? And let yourself in? Especially if you had been watching that people went in and out or even left the door cracked, while retrieving a paper?
And with kids...kids don't always lock the door.

My husband calls me paranoid. I say cautious. You get lulled into a sense of security. I am sure the S family felt safe there.

I think one of the reasons LE is pushing hard on W1 is this:

W1 texted a photo of half the money at approximately 9 am. He texted SS 10 minutes before arriving at the house, which is after 9 am? I don't know what time he picked up the money in Hyattsville, but I think it would take about half an hour to drive from the bank or AIW to the S home. ASSUMING he texted his girlfriend before SS, he would arrive no earlier than 9:15 am.

VF's husband arrives at the S home at approximately 9:30 am. He sees two cars on the street, one of which is the Porsche. Who does the other car belong to? Could it belong to W1? The Audi and the Range Rover were parked side by side in the driveway. The Porsche was not in the driveway, but on the street. I don't think when Mr. F said he saw two cars, one of which was a Porsche, he meant three cars. If so, that puts W1 at the house at the same time as Mr. F, but in the time it takes Mr. F. to bang on the door, go around to the back and receive a phone call from SS, he doesn't see W1. If all W1 is doing is putting an envelope in the car, it shouldn't take more than a minute, especially since we now know the door was unlocked - so no hunting for a key.

Also, does Mr. F know what SS' voice sounds like? How do we know SS spoke to Mr. F?

The night before, SS leaves a voice mail on NG's phone, asking her to call anyone who might be worried about VF, because she will be staying the night and her phone is dead. Which raises the question - why didn't VF call her husband on the house phone or SS' phone? It's been posited that SS didn't have Mr. F's phone number or Mr. F didn't speak English well enough, but that can't be true since SS' phone is used to call Mr. F the next morning when Mr. F is at the S home.

I am beyond confused why that report said that.

I mean, DDW took the money. Why would it still be in the car?

It's like we are only reading some of the story. Apparently, the police felt a need to include that info about the envelope and search for money in the car, but we don't know the reason why.

That title has always intrigued me. In plain sight.

That's how you physically stalk someone, watch their movements. This happens after you find them electronically. Ever put
your own name in whitepages.com? Up pops your info with a map to your house and you can get directions! Ugh.

Who's in your neighborhood? Or any neighborhood? Or the S neighborhood
Trash collectors/ recyclers
Water/ Gas/ Elec/ CATV/ Phone
Utility markers
Paper delivery men
Salesman/ solicitors
Landscapers
Painters
Remodelers
Religious Missionaries
Building inspectors
Delivery services like UPS, LaserShip, FedEx
Cops/ security guards
And...

And anyone in an white UNSUB van- that's what we call them in our house.
And the S family lived on a CORNER. Lots of traffic.

I work in our yard daily and am amazed how much traffic we have on our street. Everyday. All day long. And it's a cul de sac with opportunities to turn around well before my house. And rarely is a house "on the market".

My neighbor uses a different "national" trash company than most in our area use.They wear the green vests. Wouldn't it be easy to pretend to be a trash guy, put on the vest, roll the container back up to the house? And let yourself in? Especially if you had been watching that people went in and out or even left the door cracked, while retrieving a paper?
And with kids...kids don't always lock the door.

My husband calls me paranoid. I say cautious. You get lulled into a sense of security. I am sure the S family felt safe there.

As easy as it would be to "case" a house, it would be easier to get all that information if you are a trusted employee of one of the residents. I have a hard time seeing DW spend that much time learning the patterns of the family - too much like work.

My Dad cut me out of the family for a few yrs also... because I married a black man.

well welcome to the family sister... you're welcome on this side. *just trying to lighten the situation a teeny bit* :)

I think one of the reasons LE is pushing hard on W1 is this:

W1 texted a photo of half the money at approximately 9 am. He texted SS 10 minutes before arriving at the house, which is after 9 am? I don't know what time he picked up the money in Hyattsville, but I think it would take about half an hour to drive from the bank or AIW to the S home. ASSUMING he texted his girlfriend before SS, he would arrive no earlier than 9:15 am.

VF's husband arrives at the S home at approximately 9:30 am. He sees two cars on the street, one of which is the Porsche. Who does the other car belong to? Could it belong to W1? The Audi and the Range Rover were parked side by side in the driveway. The Porsche was not in the driveway, but on the street. I don't think when Mr. F said he saw two cars, one of which was a Porsche, he meant three cars. If so, that puts W1 at the house at the same time as Mr. F, but in the time it takes Mr. F. to bang on the door, go around to the back and receive a phone call from SS, he doesn't see W1. If all W1 is doing is putting an envelope in the car, it shouldn't take more than a minute, especially since we now know the door was unlocked - so no hunting for a key.

Also, does Mr. F know what SS' voice sounds like? How do we know SS spoke to Mr. F?

The night before, SS leaves a voice mail on NG's phone, asking her to call anyone who might be worried about VF, because she will be staying the night and her phone is dead. Which raises the question - why didn't VF call her husband on the house phone or SS' phone? It's been posited that SS didn't have Mr. F's phone number or Mr. F didn't speak English well enough, but that can't be true since SS' phone is used to call Mr. F the next morning when Mr. F is at the S home.

The family was kidnapped already in the evening, VF included. Obviously any phone calls would be monitored by the perps The perp might have not trusted VF to talk with her husband, because they wouldn't understand what she would say to him (language barrier).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1