DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why didn't SS have an army of professionals working on getting his new dojo opening-ready? Why this ragtag team of a housekeeper, himself, and his driver? I mean, why not hire a general manager to help with the last minute details? It's not like he was a guy with a dream and a garage. He had plenty of money to invest. The residential dojo in that out-of-the-way industrial park, staffed by his personal help, seems very weird to me.

It does seem weird.

It's unusual for a wanted person to travel in a way that brings undue attention upon himself by doing exactly what is unusual--traveling in a convoy. Red herrings are for fiction. We are not being misdirected on purpose in wondering what the role of this particular truck might be other than to transport stolen cash and money orders. PS I am not clear. Four people detained with the suspect who is then arrested are released. So Wint then would count towards the five who were stopped. Thus, are we sure we have another person detained out of that group stopped in the fugitive convoy?

But he wasn't driving either vehicle, so he doesn't have to show his ID. There was a choice of at least 4 people other than him that could have chauffeured him around in a rented truck or car without needing to commandeer a company vehicle on company time.

I don't know why they needed a truck at all. If there were 5-6 people total, could they have all fit in a car? Why did all 5-6 people have to be together? Where were the going? What were they doing? If turning DW in, why did they need that many people and a fleet maintenance truck? If they were turning him in, why did they need to buy money orders? There's something fishy about the whole group, and I'm sure we'll find out what it is eventually.

With Uber, you have to set up an account with a credit card. No cash changes hands. Tip is even included...

but would a wad of cash make an UBER driver break rules? are they independents? Maybe threatened? another buddy?

Honestly, you do not know if her statements have been contradictory or if the reports of her statements have been inaccurate, taken out of context, patched together form another report as is often the case.

Things in suburbs are much calmer during the week. Fewer people around. Part of my job involves checking on things having to do with houses and it is much less stressful doing it during the week, particularly when school is in session.

This house is right in the city. It looks suburban, but it is very close to several major thoroughfares. I imagine there are more people around on the weekend, but I'd be surprised if there weren't quite a few people home or working at neighboring homes during the week.

You mean he should pick up 40k in cash, then go to the hardware store before dropping it off? I would never do that. I would drop off the cash, very first thing.

No, I mean he dropped off the money at the S house in DC, then went on to the hardware store in VA to pick up whatever was requested before delivering those items to the dojo in VA.

No, because we knew Wint had the money. What is out of the ordinary is the truck being constantly referred to as a "rolling garage" with people here implying that the crime was committed for the cars. IMO the motivation for the crime was money and greed, not the cars.

Not sure if linking the actual website is ok but the company themselves describe these trucks as below....

"A virtual rolling garage, each of our MSCs is customized to service your fleet’s assets in remote locations."

Honestly, you do not know if her statements have been contradictory or if the reports of her statements have been inaccurate, taken out of context, patched together form another report as is often the case.

Except we have seen and heard her on interviews.

Why didn't SS have an army of professionals working on getting his new dojo opening-ready? Why this ragtag team of a housekeeper, himself, and his driver? I mean, why not hire a general manager to help with the last minute details? It's not like he was a guy with a dream and a garage. He had plenty of money to invest. The residential dojo in that out-of-the-way industrial park, staffed by his personal help, seems very weird to me.

I'm not sure that they really had anything to do at all there as one of SS's martial arts friends posted a picture of the new place and it looked basically ready when the picture was taken. I really want to know who was there, what they were doing and how long they were there - particular what others saw SS doing and if JW was there. This could have been part of keeping people away from the house or giving an excuse for the ransom. I don't see what NG/JW would bring, particularly given that SS is a multi-generational contractor who wouldn't cheap out in having non-contractors do stuff and for entertainment that he'd have pros with that too where with this being a lifelong dream I'd think he'd bring in the best for whatever task...I can see certain things they could do, just not a very big list. If SS will throw down the dough to hire a pro Indy Car racer to coach his son, I'd think he'd try and keep non-pros away so that they don't mess up the grand opening (except in limited circumstances).

Yes, that makes since because otherwise how did JW find out he needed to go to Lowe's? The problem with that scenario is that SS wasn't at the dojo to assign him the errand.

JMO

But he could have told him the day before "on the way to the dojo tomorrow, pick up some pinesol and some rubber gloves". So that would mean either SS, by Wednesday day, was not expecting W1 to drive him to the dojo or he told W1 on Wednesday night or Thursday morning that he would drive himself later (or whatever.) But that wouldn't mean the rest of the errands weren't still required. Could also be W1 was establishing an alibi. Just playing devil's advocate to see what would be possible.

when this first started i thought maybe she was over excited and anxoius due to what happend, coupled with a probable language barrier with reporters.

she's flapped her gums and contraidcted herself enough that i dont really buy it anymore.

JMO

No. LE had a photo of the car out and was asking people to contact them if they saw this car. Car is very distinctive. It's not surprising to me a witness came forward who saw the car.

Precisely. It was a 2008 "911 Turbo Cabriolet"Anybody into cars would remember seeing a 911 Turbo Cabriolet. That's a very rare, very *very noticeable* car. Not sure why DC Police didn't emphasize that, but when they finally posted a photo of the car... many car enthusiasts made a point of pointed this out.

When quote marks are used, it is a direct quote but it doesn't matter the reason for the contradictions. It's all unreliable.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member