DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked another reporter about the red bag with money into the manila envelope and the car and he verified.

So not just a manila envelope covering the red bag, or placed over the red bag, to sort of make the red bag on the seat less visible? IOW, the red bag holding the money was placed inside a manila envelope?

<snip>

At the victim's request, Wallace placed the money, which was in a red bag covered by a manila envelope, on the seat of a red sports car in the garage.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/signs-forced-entry-found-dc-mansion-murder-case/story?id=31506751

Do you think they went back over the videotaped interview to clarify that...and realized that was the actual story?? How do they get to this "3rd" story?
I don't know honestly. I really don't. I am waiting until I see it myself or hear it directly from LE.

I am wondering now if it is a money bag...

pc2262595-vinyl_pvc_1_0_thickness_red_zippered_bank_deposit_bags_with_printing_logo.jpg

That makes the most sense to me!!

That could definitely fit into a large envelope.

So not just a manila envelope covering the red bag, or placed over the red bag, to sort of make the red bag on the seat less visible? IOW, the red bag holding the money was placed inside a manila envelope?

<snip>

At the victim's request, Wallace placed the money, which was in a red bag covered by a manila envelope, on the seat of a red sports car in the garage.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/signs-forced-entry-found-dc-mansion-murder-case/story?id=31506751

I cut and pasted the sentence and sent it to him... asked if he had heard anything like that and he said yes.

The red bag was placed in the manila env and placed in the red car in the garage..

So, the latest version is that the money was handed to the accountant by the banker in a manila envelope, it somehow made its way into the pockets of the accountant, the accountant reached into his pockets and then placed the 4 bundles into JW's red bag, JW took photos of some of the money in the red bag and emailed them to his girlfriend and then placed the red bag (containing either all or some of the money) back into a manila envelope he found in the car and placed it all into the red car which may or may not have been unlocked. I realize the feds only have to follow the money but that money seems to have vanished in some kind of shell game.

JMO

You mean as some sort of revenge on behalf of their fellow Islanders? I guess I'm not seeing how getting underpaid ties to the incredible torture of the little boy. Going after SS' family for business-related issues seems a tad extreme, imo. Even Wint's father has blasted the degree of brutality inflicted upon this family and Vera who also was an immigrant.

JMO

I think that DDW may have felt that he was cheated out of wages because he is Guyanese. He was in New York prior to the crime so he probably was aware of the huge settlement on behalf of Guyanese workers cheated out of wages by North American Iron Works (who were paid $16 / hour instead of $40 / hour). IMO if DDW strongly believed he was cheated this could explain the level of rage required to commit such an unspeakable crime.

Cash deposit bags for the bank. We use them daily.

image.jpg

11x6 and would easily fit in manila envelope

Are you referring to the record of JW's statements to LE on the CHARGING documents--against DW? In those, yes, in his second version he says he put the money in a manila envelope which he found already in the car. However, I have not been able to copy and post from the PDF online of the scanned documents so not absolutely sure wording--he might not have said "I took the money out of the red bag," but he did admit he first transferred money given to him by other employee at bank to "a bag" (red or red-line--the one he sent photo of) and then said he placed money in the envelope he found in the car.

IF SW lists a red bag as part of items LE seeks and IF that would be the same red bag as the one photographed, then that would suggest that JW could not produce the red bag he photographed with the money in it and that LE thinks somehow or other DW and/or crew might have ended up with it. IF SO, implied would be that LE thinks JW and perpetrator/s had contact.
JMO speculation about speculation

Why torture the 10 year-old?

Yes! What is that all about? And it appears the fire was set in his room! Could not be more heinous, brutal and personal, IMO.

So, the latest version is that the money was handed to the accountant by the banker in a manila envelope, it somehow made its way into the pockets of the accountant, the accountant reached into his pockets and then placed the 4 bundles into JW's red bag, JW took photos of some of the money in the red bag and emailed them to his girlfriend and then placed the red bag (containing either all or some of the money) back into a manila envelope he found in the car and placed it all into the red car which may or may not have been unlocked. I realize the feds only have to follow the money but that money seems to have vanished in some kind of shell game.

JMO

None of that sounds that farfetched, to me anyway.

"...it somehow made its way into the pockets of the accountant, ..."

I would think he put the money into his pockets himself. What do you mean by 'somehow it made it's way?'

It makes sense to me that JW would place the cash into a small cash bag, after verifying the amount.

Then he gets to the car and sees the manilla envelope. Obviously he would use it if it were left there by his boss. Why not?

I don't see how this is a shell game?

I think that DDW may have felt that he was cheated out of wages because he is Guyanese. He was in New York prior to the crime so he probably was aware of the huge settlement on behalf of Guyanese workers cheated out of wages by North American Iron Works (who were paid $16 / hour instead of $40 / hour). IMO if DDW strongly believed he was cheated this could explain the level of rage required to commit such an unspeakable crime.

I wasn't aware that it was known that DW was in NY prior to the crime. I know he went there afterward and it's reasonable to believe he knew members of the community if it is large. I just don't see how his rage would be so focused toward an innocent little boy.

JMO

But why mutilate the son?

Are you referring to the record of JW's statements to LE on the CHARGING documents--against DW? In those, yes, in his second version he says he put the money in a manila envelope which he found already in the car. However, I have not been able to copy and post from the PDF online of the scanned documents so not absolutely sure wording--he might not have said "I took the money out of the red bag," but he did admit he first transferred money given to him by other employee at bank to "a bag" (red or red-line--the one he sent photo of) and then said he placed money in the envelope he found in the car.

IF SW lists a red bag as part of items LE seeks and IF that would be the same red bag as the one photographed, then that would suggest that JW could not produce the red bag he photographed with the money in it and that LE thinks somehow or other DW and/or crew might have ended up with it. IF SO, implied would be that LE thinks JW and perpetrator/s had contact.
JMO speculation about speculation

If he said :
"... he first transferred money given to him by other employee at bank to "a bag" (red or red-line--the one he sent photo of) and then said he placed money in the envelope he found in the car. ..."

if he said that^^^^ then it sounds like he is saying that he placed the small red bag in the manilla envelope too. JMO

In the affidavits posted upstream by popcicle there were two listed numbers.
please refer to them- not 100% comfortable supplying the number.
Hope that helps and you understand.
There was a link to an article which linked to 4 affidavits. So, which one? This is all just too confusing. At least maybe give a link to the specific affidavit you are talking about?

Yes! What is that all about? And it appears the fire was set in his room! Could not be more heinous, brutal and personal, IMO.

Why mutilate PS? What do they mean by "mutilate"?

https://twitter.com/BruceLeshan

Bruce Leshan &#8207;@BruceLeshan 3h3 hours ago Leesburg, VA

NEW: (And horrifying) Police believe killers tortured and mutilated Phillip #Savopoulos, poured gasoline on bed, set him on fire. @wusa9

And, imo, regarding 'the red bag', until we see the search warrant for the car/s for ourselves, I personally don't trust what any reporter says. They seem to have all failed in the art of acurately communicating information, which I think is what their job is.

Has anyone posted that search warrant yet? If so, where is it?

Why mutilate PS? What do they mean by "mutilate"?

https://twitter.com/BruceLeshan

Bruce Leshan &#8207;@BruceLeshan 3h3 hours ago Leesburg, VA

NEW: (And horrifying) Police believe killers tortured and mutilated Phillip #Savopoulos, poured gasoline on bed, set him on fire. @wusa9

verb (used with object), mutilated, mutilating.1.to injure, disfigure, or make imperfect by removing or irreparablydamaging parts:Vandals mutilated the painting.

2.to deprive (a person or animal) of a limb or other essential part.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/mutilate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member