DCF Shelter and Custody Hearings #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, what a terrible dynamic Mimi is in with the girls! They're telling their big, bad, jailbird Dad on her. I don't like it, and really feel horrible for Mimi. I don't know how long I could handle the situation and I'm much younger.

I don't understand why the judge thinks it's ok with postcards written in German? It's obviously to get private messages past
guards. Did MS' lawyer get him a German dictionary?

Any mail in an other language should still be reviewed by interpeters....even if it takes a lot longer.....and then if it violates rules...consequences. Also....postage should be a metered stamp...what code is hidden under the stamp? However the girls should be using English IMO! English is their language, not German.

If the girls go into foster care, they most likey would have to attend public school. The girls may not stay together....bad and good in that. I hate to see the girls apart but then they may be feeding off each othe, one more attached to MS and doing his will. I would not put it past MS to try and get to the girls even more...all through others.

A very sad situation.

Mark Sievers to undergo psychological evaluation

Mark Sievers is set to undergo a psychological evaluation after the judge in his high-profile murder trial granted a Department of Children and Families request.

The exam is part of the safety plan for Sievers’ daughters that prosecutors and defense debated in court during a judicial review Tuesday. The sides didn’t go into detail about the plan for the exam.

http://www.winknews.com/2016/06/21/mark-sievers-to-undergo-psychological-evaluation/

Sam Smink ‏@samsminkTV · 4h4 hours ago

Sievers' attorney did tell judge they object to Teresa's mother's custody. They want Bonnie Sievers.
Judge did not grant.

Guardian Ad Litem wants phone calls between girls and Sievers to be reduced. Says Mark is problematic. #winknews

DCF wants Sievers to have psychological eval. Judge says custody will stay with Teresa's mother. #winknews

(All texts/tweets are by Sam Smink@samsminkTV)

I feel so sorry for Mary Groves. Bless her heart, MS has done a number on those little girls.
It's not enough that MS has brutally taken her own daughter from her, but he has brainwashed/turned Teresa's daughters against her as well. She can't win with MS still calling all the shots from jail! :furious:
I'll bet he calls those girls 20 times a day!

I am so mad right now that I need to stop posting. I don't want a TO

Wow, what a terrible dynamic Mimi is in with the girls! They're telling their big, bad, jailbird Dad on her. I don't like it, and really feel horrible for Mimi. I don't know how long I could handle the situation and I'm much younger.

I don't understand why the judge thinks it's ok with postcards written in German? It's obviously to get private messages past
guards. Did MS' lawyer get him a German dictionary?
Hey Paulie, great question! Hmmm, let's see what I can remember, <modsnip> or "Busenfreunde"??
I think at this point, something/anything of a "conscience" should kick in with his attorneys. They need to say, "Enough is enough! We'll defend you in the murder charges of your wife, but we refuse to be accomplices in the continued agonizing attacks and intrusion into the life of Teresa's mother!" There should be an ethical line between being a good, effective & wise counsel and being WILLING accomplices to this "human sewer drain" making a mockery of the DCF process. This is scandalous!!
Auf Wiedersehen!

German? It's always something with this guy... always has some kind of scheme in motion. IMO, he's so busy trying to obsessively control his daughters, he seems to have disregarded the need to put up a good front for everyone else. I sincerely hope that this bizarre behaviour is remembered at his murder trial.

So the judge is ignoring the opinion of the GAL and he is ok with messages in German??? Is he going to buy Mimi a German dictionary. I wouldn't doubt if one of those German language postcards says "daddy wants you to tell DCF and GAL that Mimi called you a bad name. Do it for daddy because daddy is the only one who really, really loves you". This makes me so mad.

Maybe they should get German penpals who actually speak German if they are learning the language. Bizarre.

Hey Paulie, great question! Hmmm, let's see what I can remember, <modsnip> or "Busenfreunde"??
I think at this point, something/anything of a "conscience" should kick in with his attorneys. They need to say, "Enough is enough! We'll defend you in the murder charges of your wife, but we refuse to be accomplices in the continued agonizing attacks and intrusion into the life of Teresa's mother!" There should be an ethical line between being a good, effective & wise counsel and being WILLING accomplices to this "human sewer drain" making a mockery of the DCF process. This is scandalous!!
Auf Wiedersehen!
Well said, once again!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I can agree with the judge. If one of the kids wants to write in a language she is learning so be it. Imagine what turmoil these girls are in. If all at once, she is told she can't write in German b/c her GAL wanted it or grandma wanted it, I believe it will alienate her further from grandma and give the impression that the GAL is not on her side. I agree this man is a monster who is messing with their heads. But, I think the judge is right to temper things and not cut him off at this point. These girls are old enough to have access to the news and will soon see their father as a monster in the press. As I see it, the only hope that grandma will become safe is if grandma is kept out of the smaller things and the judge makes decisions that err on grandma's side but hold that MS can have a relationship with his kids in ways that they may have done before. I would bet the girls talked to him in German or wrote notes in German previously.

I'm really surprised that he has not been given an evaluation yet ! I know states differ with protocol but as soon as kids are taken away here and the State is given custody, the evaluation on both parents are done immediately . Number one on the treatment list. Don't hate me when I say this but I think it's time for the girls to be in a neutral placement home with non relatives because the further Mark does these stunts and is allowed, he will continue this. Mary should be given training from a professional on how to deal with the situation. It's not her fault at all. Extensive therapy for the girls should be happening.

I'm really surprised that he has not been given an evaluation yet ! I know states differ with protocol but as soon as kids are taken away here and the State is given custody, the evaluation on both parents are done immediately . Number one on the treatment list. Don't hate me when I say this but I think it's time for the girls to be in a neutral placement home with non relatives because the further Mark does these stunts and is allowed, he will continue this. Mary should be given training from a professional on how to deal with the situation. It's not her fault at all. Extensive therapy for the girls should be happening.

You could be right about a neutral placement. I think he will set up an antagonistic situation even when he is convicted. The girls may not be able to form a positive relationship with their grandmother. His hate for his wife and her family is so clear and present that he will not stop. And, the girls still see him as their loving parent so fighting him is almost useless.

I also think extensive therapy is key in giving the girls a place to get solid.

I also think the girls would appreciate Mary more if they realize homes can be changed if needed with non relatives. This is the one thing that really bothered me in December when the original judge denied DCF's request of taking the girls. I really don't think the court knew the depth of horrors Mark created. I pray Mary has a support system because this is tough and the girls are in dire need of extreme help before it's too late.

After a great morning I had, now I'm all bothered by this <modsnip>......prayers for the girls and Mary.......

I dont see BS ever getting the kids. I dont see Mary being able to keep them if this **** keeps up with MS and his turning the girls against her. A neutral, very supervised home may be the best option for the girls. One that MS cant dictate. jmo.

One that MS cant dictate. jmo.

His manipulation over the course of their lives is what is at play now, from my perspective. They are so enmeshed with him. Any home they are placed in is going to have his dictate because the girls are his extension. They will be complaining about any placement except with their dad or paternal grandmother because they know she is sanctioned by him.

I agree i don't see BS getting the girls. I think that maternal grandmother may be headed for some crisis given the stress this must be causing for her. If she can hold out, the girls may be turned a bit during the trial, when they see the evidence against their father and when their family friend, CWW, testifies against him.

I believe that TS was manipulated by him as almost all in his life are. This is a terrible situation and has been probably since the girls were very little, if not in utero.

I also think the girls would appreciate Mary more if they realize homes can be changed if needed with non relatives..

One would hope that a change would give them a perspective. I do think that because they are together they can keep the dysfunction going. Maternal grandmother can't discipline or take control of the family for fear that she will lose them--so she is in an awful bind. In hearing some of this stuff from today, I do wonder if it is not too late.

I am concerned about them being moved to a non-familial home because of what the horrors are here with FL foster homes, they need to be with a loving, supportive family. There are too many foster homes here that are not that type of setting. I also don't want to see them separated, that would be horrible for these girls.
Maybe at some point in the near future there will be additional members of Theresa's family who can step in to assist.

I am concerned about them being moved to a non-familial home because of what the horrors are here with FL foster homes, they need to be with a loving, supportive family. There are too many foster homes here that are not that type of setting. I also don't want to see them separated, that would be horrible for these girls.
Maybe at some point in the near future there will be additional members of Theresa's family who can step in to assist.

Sometimes there is no other alternative. Dcf requests have been turned down today re calls and language preference. I would request a home that is trained for children going through anger and emotional disturbances . Some foster homes have extra training with this issue. If it doesn't get better soon than the girls need to be placed where a home is equipped to deal with it. This can't go on for Mary. Her love is evident but this is way over her head. She is not to be blamed

OREGONMAMA...Could NEVER HATE anything you write! I DISAGREE...true, but never hate, my dear posting pal. I disagree, because "prisoners are very manipulative people" and for them "victory" is a totally different process than it is for a normal, well-adjusted human being. For an inmate like MS, "victory" means STOPPING YOU FROM ATTAINING YOUR GOALS, no matter what it costs him. For instance, if it is "movie night" and he has a grudge with you, he'll cause a fight....and make both of you miss the event.
He will relive those "petty victories" like badges of honor....even journaling them like his sexual exploits.
For MS victory will be taking Teresa's daughters away from her family and control! Today this is his cause célèbre and he will use all his dirty little tricks. (He has been honing his skills at least 40 years.) Every time he pulls one of his "little legally permitted shenanigans" I keep saying to myself.....Yeah, "You da' man Markie, You da' man. The steel door will clang shut every night and there will always be someone who has a "petty victory" to win against you, too." Remember, the clang of the steel door is society's victory, 365 days a year for the rest of his miserable life.
I will be the most ardent supporter of EVERYTHING TERESA'S FAMILY DOES... praying for their patience and strength through this painfully slow process. (It helped me to review what happened in the case of Drew Peterson's 4 children)

***could we please have a "Thank You, but I disagree button"?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member