DCF Shelter and Custody Hearings #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure DCF cannot recommend any counselors. They can give a list, but if they recommend someone and the person turns out to be bad, then big trouble.

when kids are in a state agency's control, they have medical professionals that contract with the state that oversee the child's health. Most states have medical, dental , vision and counselling professionals that bid for a contract for a certain term.

As a teacher, I was never allowed to give a name. Just a list.

Some providers will serve Medicaid and others will not. I imagine that is the list that is allowed. But if it is one person, then the name could be given. We had only one dentist that served Medicaid so that was the name given.

But there were many doctors and therapists, so only a list

As a teacher, I was never allowed to give a name. Just a list.

Some providers will serve Medicaid and others will not. I imagine that is the list that is allowed. But if it is one person, then the name could be given. We had only ine dentist that served Medicaid so that was the name given.

if kids are in state care, then the state makes the choice of who see the kids in the medical world. But since Mary has them now, she might be allowed to make her own choices because her lawyer stated that Mary can oversee the medical issues with the girls now. Each state is different.

I have spent years as a foster parent in Missouri and the case workers always set up my kids' therapiats . I really didn't have my h choice.

Must be different in different states. Maybe when there is only one choice rather than more choices?

BS still can take the girls to a counselor....no one would know but her...the girls could be afraid to tell anyone the go...either way, BS admitted taking them .... So this could be out of the States list of recomendations, hoping someone from the state heard BS say this and are investigating for the girls safety.

Bs said this while testifying. Everyone heard it. I think this is likely DCF mandated counseling.

Bs said this while testifying. Everyone heard it. I think this is likely DCF mandated counseling.

But both grandmas are doing it? I hope it is from a list of list if DCF counselors....just seems odd to me both G's are taking the girls. Ae they using different counselors? The same? Who is paying? The girls need someone on their side....Not someone who is controlling their lives negatively. Such a sad terrible case.

IMO both grandmother's are taking the girls to the same counselor. Wouldn't they have family sessions as well as individual sessions? It just seems to me that it would be the norm to have sessions where family members would also attend sessions with the girls.

IMO both grandmother's are taking the girls to the same counselor. Wouldn't they have family sessions as well as individual sessions? It just seems to me that it would be the norm to have sessions where family members would also attend sessions with the girls.
And also TS mother is taking them to an intuitist? IIRC because TS believed in inituitive energy etc, well IMO you see how well that worked out. I think these girls need the truth, they need to be in school with other children, they need to be introduced to the real world. MS wanted them to be homeschooled in order to keep his control over them, they were never privy to how people should really live day to day. And he did not homeschool them. Stay at home flunky. He did nothing except keep his agenda. This should all be a wake up call for all involved that these girls know nothing about real life, IMO. And TS may have been truly a smart lady but she failed in this regard if her pleasure and career drove her. I sure hope something comes out that shows differently, I would love to see or hear stories of her baking cookies with the girls, dress up tea parties, etc.

I am a former patient of Teresa. I had an appointment in early January the year she died and we talked about the Christmas Holiday. She was telling me about how she and her girls make cut out cookies every year and that they spend the day decorating them etc. She said it was one of her favorite things to do with her girls and they loved it. She also said she makes the best sugar cookies on the planet. I thought of her this Christmas and was sad when I was making cut out cookies with my grandchildren.

Due to the entire nature of this case & all involved, YES I would think DCF would recommend counseling for the kids AND family sessions as well. I wondered if DCF recommended counselers but another WSer said they probably couldn't--like could be trouble if bad experience. I don't know what the state of FL does, as it may be different state to state?

Family sessions would be critical for MAG and BS (if BS would heed counseling & dump MS Therapy), especially MAG since she has the most & ultimate responsibility. Seems like DCF would have a list of therapists they work with OR at least check licensing along with seeing that they do get help.

I need to check on V Lawyer thread.

Is it ok for them to go to different therapists? Is that allowed?

I am a former patient of Teresa. I had an appointment in early January the year she died and we talked about the Christmas Holiday. She was telling me about how she and her girls make cut out cookies every year and that they spend the day decorating them etc. She said it was one of her favorite things to do with her girls and they loved it. She also said she makes the best sugar cookies on the planet. I thought of her this Christmas and was sad when I was making cut out cookies with my grandchildren.

Thank you so much Sherribear for sharing that. Those are the exact things that I want to hear about and it seems that no one has really done that. We have all seen or heard how great she was as a doctor and charities that she was involved in, and now those disgusting texts and calendar (that I have not read). I want her humanized. My mother use to tell me, some women are mothers and some are motherly. I want to hear about the motherly part of TS. Again you should get the post of the day. Thank you, Thank you, Thank You.

Due to the entire nature of this case & all involved, YES I would think DCF would recommend counseling for the kids AND family sessions as well. I wondered if DCF recommended counselers but another WSer said they probably couldn't--like could be trouble if bad experience. I don't know what the state of FL does, as it may be different state to state?

Family sessions would be critical for MAG and BS (if BS would heed counseling & dump MS Therapy), especially MAG since she has the most & ultimate responsibility. Seems like DCF would have a list of therapists they work with OR at least check licensing along with seeing that they do get help.

I need to check on V Lawyer thread.

Yes, DCF would have providers who contract with the state to provide counseling to children in care.

ETA: Often, family caregivers who are providing or likely to provide long-term care are also provided with counseling (individual or with the kids).

Yes, DCF would have providers who contract with the state to provide counseling to children in care.

ETA: Often, family caregivers who are providing or likely to provide long-term care are also provided with counseling (individual or with the kids).

It makes sense to me now for both grandmas and their family to go for counseling with and with out the girls. I got the impression from the hearing, that each gram did their own thing and were working against each other and not for the girls best interest. I guess ir was the way BS came out and said it and her tone of voice. Thanks AZ and everyone for explaining this.

AZLawyer..... Thank You so much---just got home & found you answered my question before I could post it on the Verified thread. We here appreciate all your answers & input. We've been tossing counseling & counselors---this makes sense DCF would have this resource as they deal with all sorts of family situations where therapy is a must for kids & immediate family members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8