DCF Shelter Hearings

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
However, one concern Bonnie Sievers raised her belief that Groves might not facilitate all possible communication between the girls and Mark Sievers, who’s been in jail since late February on a murder charge. A lawyer for Groves have argued the claim isn’t accurate.

“I feel the girls enjoy being with me,” Bonnie Sievers testified. “They feel safe with me. They know I’m a permanent resident here. I’m the mother of their father, so we have that bond.”

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/loca...ing-for-Sievers-girls-378886041.html?d=mobile

The Florida Department of Children and Families and an independent advocate for the girls, known as a guardian ad litem, want the children to remain with Groves, who moved from Connecticut to Estero in March to take temporary custody.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/local/Live-Updates-Custody-hearing-for-Sievers-girls-378886041.html

^^^^^^^This speaks volumes

Advocates for minors are taken very seriously in court.....the defense has no escape to rip apart that recomendation because the advocate is not part of DCF

However, one concern Bonnie Sievers raised her belief that Groves might not facilitate all possible communication between the girls and Mark Sievers, who’s been in jail since late February on a murder charge. A lawyer for Groves have argued the claim isn’t accurate.

“I feel the girls enjoy being with me,” Bonnie Sievers testified. “They feel safe with me. They know I’m a permanent resident here. I’m the mother of their father, so we have that bond.”

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/loca...ing-for-Sievers-girls-378886041.html?d=mobile

I thought Mark was going to get acquitted? What difference would it make in that case if she was a "permanent resident" or not? Lawd.

IME the GAL's opinion will carry quite a bit of weight.

It is my understanding that the judge would be interviewing the girls in his chambers over the lunch break. Court should be returning to session in a few minutes. I find it heartening that the judge admonition BS at one point during testimony to stop looking to MS for her answers. That tells me this is a savy judge who gets it.

(fingers crossed)

I agree. And it should. That's the GAL's job - to advocate for the children.

absolutely. Eyes and ears of the court. Objective third party whose only concern is the well being of the ward(s)

my boss is often a court appointed GAL. Can't count the interviews I have set up, home visits, the GAL reports typed.

I was so shocked to learn that until recently the girls did not have one. Here it is SOP.

She seriously said that?? And Mary Ann does not have that bond because....:shutup:
My hands are practically asleep from sitting on them for so long.

beach My computer froze up too (twice) while this was going on this morning. I finally had to close everything down (including my notes that I couldn't even copy)
and restart the darn thing :frown:

I am unfamiliar with these types of proceedings. Is it testimony only or are the Lawyers allowed to present evidence? TIA

Jacob Carpenter ‏@NDN_JCarpenter [video=twitter;730446912952905728]https://twitter.com/NDN_JCarpenter/status/730446912952905728[/video]
Back in Sievers custody hearing. DCF trying to introduce Mark's jail calls. His lawyers arguing lack of notice makes them inadmissible.

Jacob Carpenter ‏@NDN_JCarpenter 57s57 seconds ago
Back in Sievers custody hearing. DCF trying to introduce Mark's jail calls. His lawyers arguing lack of notice makes them inadmissible.

Here come the phone calls!

DCF trying to introduce jail calls but marks lawyer is arguing that.....

DCF is attempting to refute MS allegations that MAG interfering with his ability to speak to girls by phone. May also be wanting to refute testimony by BS that she has never heard MS coaching girls or attempting to drive wedge between them and TS family.

I am unfamiliar with these types of proceedings. Is it testimony only or are the Lawyers allowed to present evidence? TIA

In Oregon, I have seen evidence being presented during social services hearings, if it pertains to the minors in the case

Whoooo hooo......two hrs of phone calls allowed.....defense can listen to it first

Jacob Carpenter ‏@NDN_JCarpenter 39s40 seconds ago
OK. The judge has decided to make 2 hours of key jail call recordings admissible, but is giving defense a chance to listen to them first.

Oh- where is our genius AZL when we need her? Please let these phone calls in! Can they?

Jacob Carpenter ‏@NDN_JCarpenter 2m2 minutes ago
DCF sent these calls to Mark Sievers' lawyer on Monday and Tuesday. He said he couldn't play the files. So he's getting the chance now.

MS lawyer said he couldn't play the phone call files when DCF sent them to him on Monday and Tuesday........yeah right.....maybe he's deaf

Hey Mark, mary is going to win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member