Death Penalty Vs Life in Prison and Why

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

do you want Casey to get the death penalty?

• yes

Votes: 106 59.2%
  • no

Votes: 73 40.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
LWOP. KC would have to get an actual JOB in prison. It's required of all able-bodied inmates. Wow...what a change that would be.

Honestly... the DP. LWOP gives her an easy out to be the same lazy, good for nothing person she's always been. Yes she has to have a "job" and get up & go to be at a certain time, but that is really an easy adjustment. If LWOP the just punishment should be pictures of sweet Caylee's remains plastered all over her walls with the video of the nursing home & Caylee singing You are my sunshine over & over again. She deserves the DP and no mercy because she showed none to a little girl that was only 34 months old and unable to defend herself from the person who should love her the most and protect her with her very life... instead ICA chose to take that precious life. I only wish we could subject ICA to duct tape around her face until she couldn't breathe and her lungs burned with death... the needle will be too easy. JMHO.

I tend to lean away from the death penalty - for anyone. It doesn't deter anyone from anything. It is my understanding that in the state of FL the jury makes the recommendation of punishment but the judge has the final say. I believe during mitigation the Anthonys will make a plea to spare Casey's life (assuming the jury does want the dp) and the judge will honor their plea, as it is the Anthony family that's been irreparably damaged and it is their grandchild they lost. That being said, I believe she'll get life.
Very thoughtful and well said. I agree. Her family does deserve mercy.

I am extremely torn on this issue.

Frankly, I'm an Eye for and Eye kind of gal. I have a vengeful heart. I personally would NOT have any issue with ICA facing the EXACT same untimely(in Caylee's Case at least) End. I would have no problem with her being Chloroformed, gagged with duct tape and then thrown in the back of a sweltering hot car and the triple bagged and left to rot in a swamp. But I suppose the closest I would ever get to that sweet reward would be the DP where she will very gently get a slight poke and then everything would end. It wont even be painful. She has a tattoo.. its not like she's never been poked with a needle before.

But on the other hand, perhaps LWOP will be more kind to Cindy. She already lost Caylee and there is no doubt in my mind that Cindy holds the complete burden of guilt on her self. I think she knows WHY ICA would have killed Caylee. CA knows that ICA did this out of pure rage, hatred, spite, anger and straight up unadulterated malice for her mother. You cant tell me that Cindy doesn't feel COMPLETELY responsible for Caylee's death. I would guess that there is not a night that goes by, at least not in the last 9 weeks, that Cindy hasn't cried herself to sleep thinking, "if only i had... If only i hadn't ... If only I!"

Not only did she RAISE this monster, but she exacerbated this atrocious behavior in ICA by preventing her from truly bonding with and mothering Caylee. She was the Mother of a "teenaged single mom". She felt she needed to be there ever step of the way, by gawd she was a mother and she knew what was best. And that, my friends is where (IMPOO) the hatred and resentment for Caylee stemmed. Perhaps if CA backed off and let the two be mother and daughter.. things might not have ended so badly. I think Cindy knows this. Or at least feels this.

So NOT giving ICA the DP would merely save CA from the loss of yet another one of her daughters. If ICA gets the DP, Cindy will harbor that guilt as well and it might just kill her.

I dont know which i want more, to spare Cindy any further grief and suffering as I can only imagine what she has had to endure. No human should have to be that emotionally drained for the rest of their lives.
Or.. To know that ICA has had her PRIVILEGE to BREATHE removed. And thats purely selfish. Caylee wasn't ASKED if she wanted to die... She didnt have a choice.. I dont think ICA should be allowed to live...to even have the luxury of breathing. eating. showering!

I'm against the death penalty and like most people against the death penalty, I struggle with that belief when it comes to crimes against children. At the end of the day, though, LWOP. I've read the discussions from people who find her worse than Dhamer or worse than Bundy specifically because she killed her own blood. As beautiful as that child was and as deserving as she was of so much more than the circumstances she was dealt I don't believe that is the case. For some reason it didn't occur to Casey that motherhood took her off the experimental, irresponsible track that is forgivable in most 20somethings. For some reason she felt that what she was responsible for giving life to she had a proprietary right to extinguish. LWOP but I have no solution to what to do with someone without any humanity or soul. And I send a prayer up in thanks that nothing like this has visited my life. MOO.

DP, why have the DP if not for people like Casey. She ruins everything in her path. Even at the end of the road she is just fine with ruining her dad and brothers life. Maybe then can her family heal.♥

I'm against the death penalty so I think she should get life imprisonment.

If Caylee had a voice, would she want her mother sentenced to death? This thought popped into my head a few days ago :( . It about made me sick.

I stated before that ICA's death would end up being more of a punishment to the Anthony family than justice for Caylee (my opinion of course). Justice for Caylee, in THIS situation (again, MOO) is for Casey to live the rest of her natural life paying the price for her bella vita. I am pro death penalty as an option, but just not in this case. Hard to articulate :(

DP wont help Caylee but it will kill CA, GA, and LA. Besides countries are moving away from DP and Europe is totally DP-free. So I don't want to be the dinosaur from Jurassic park defending this primitive tool of justice.

I think Life with no parole until 25 years would be a better solution. Parole will make KC to take responsibility for her crime, show that she's truly sorry for her actions, accept therapy and show improvement.

Sometimes the DP is the only way loved ones touched by murder can start to heal. It's hard describe their terror every day. Something as simple as a phone call can trigger a panic attack because the DA could be on the other side telling the victim of yet another court date. It was always the same, the killer trying to get off on some technicality. It finally ended when the killer was put to death.

Some victim's families never find out what happened to their loved ones. The DP can be used as a bargaining tool, basically tell us where the body is and we won't go after the death penalty. It generally works and the victim's family is able to give their loved one a proper burial. One thing is for certain, almost all killers do not want the DP. They have no problem killing but when it comes to their life, no way.

The DP wasn't designed to help the killer's family members and it can't bring the victim's loved one back but it can make certain the person will never harm another person again, ever.

If murder hits close to home you may be surprised at exactly where you stand on the DP. If Casey killed one of your loved ones would you be fine with with her getting paroled at the age of 55? She would have no skills, she would need a place to live, people to steal from...would you be willing to take her into your home? If not, she has to go somewhere, will neighbors feel safe with her in their neighborhood? I know I wouldn't.

IMO

I think life... she can have prison. Since that accomplishes a couple of things: She can't have another baby and she'll have all that time to finally think about what she's done. She has convinced herself she did nothing wrong in my view and a sentence of death would give her more of an issue to try to deal sympathy for her, not Caylee... and it would give her years to play the game.
Life.

I have to say I'm a Humpty on this one :)fence:). Everyone has points of view that make sense. After having a closer association with a violent, narcissistic sociopath than I would wish on an enemy, I thought of one thing that would make her life hell; the thought of Amy working on a cruise ship and that to AL she is just the crazy woman he dated for a while.

O/T but somehow relevant to the talk of death penalties. When I was young one of my heroes was a lady whose 10 year old daughter was raped and murdered. There was no doubt about the guilt of the guy they arrested. One day she walked into the court room with a gun and shot him point blank. I always felt she had the right.

I have to say I'm a Humpty on this one :)fence:). Everyone has points of view that make sense. After having a closer association with a violent, narcissistic sociopath than I would wish on an enemy, I thought of one thing that would make her life hell; the thought of Amy working on a cruise ship and that to AL she is just the crazy woman he dated for a while.

O/T but somehow relevant to the talk of death penalties. When I was young one of my heroes was a lady whose 10 year old daughter was raped and murdered. There was no doubt about the guilt of the guy they arrested. One day she walked into the court room with a gun and shot him point blank. I always felt she had the right.

Agree

I understand JBean, I really do..
Matter of fact, I used to feel the very same way you do, before I realized what was happening to the children in this world..
I'll tell you what changed my mind.
The Gulf War..
I watched our local news of a solider who was killed being brought back with a flag draping his casket...I don't know, something in me that day just ignited.. especially after that morning hearing of a local woman who burned her child whom was 3 or 4 at the time with hot grease so bad that the little one died....
All of this in one day was too much and that was the very day I decided that the death penalty was right..
Now, I agree that the system is flawed, and I do believe that much must be proven in order to agree to a death sentence..
I think I will always remain on the side that anyone who kills a child on purpose should get the death penalty, however, I want it proven without doubt.

Yes I agree.

If Casey gets Life, she WILL continue to lie and cheat her family out of money and they will suffer from her cruel ways for years to come.

Casey will never tell them what she did to Caylee.

Leave her alone in a cell 23 hours a day, shackled every time she leaves her cell, No friends, No Visitors (Do they have visitors on DR)?

For once in her Pathetic life, I want Casey to suffer every day for the rest of her life.

If Casey gets life, we will hear about her more than we would if she was on DR.

we will be hearing about how she has made friends and how she is thriving in Prison, what she does with other inmates etc. and how she loves it there.

Casey Anthony needs to die Period. end of Story.

If Caylee had a voice, would she want her mother sentenced to death? This thought popped into my head a few days ago :( . It about made me sick.

I stated before that ICA's death would end up being more of a punishment to the Anthony family than justice for Caylee (my opinion of course). Justice for Caylee, in THIS situation (again, MOO) is for Casey to live the rest of her natural life paying the price for her bella vita. I am pro death penalty as an option, but just not in this case. Hard to articulate :(

BBM, my guess as answer this question I would say no. Caylee loved her grandma and grandpa very much and I don't believe she would wish any more pain on them.

jmo

BBM, my guess as answer this question I would say no. Caylee loved her grandma and grandpa very much and I don't believe she would wish any more pain on them.

jmo

Exactly. I think there is something mentally wrong with Casey Anthony, its been obvious for years. What if 10 years down the road Docs find out that there is something wrong with her brain and she has a disease and its something she could never help? If Chris Coleman didn't get sentenced to death, no way will she. imo

I have no problem with the DP, want her to get the DP, and want it to be carried out as quickly as possible. She is a murderess. Absolutely no reason to pay for her upkeep in prison and also the ongoing appeals etc. Just do it.

Exactly. I think there is something mentally wrong with Casey Anthony, its been obvious for years. What if 10 years down the road Docs find out that there is something wrong with her brain and she has a disease and its something she could never help? If Chris Coleman didn't get sentenced to death, no way will she. imo

Casey knows right from wrong, There is nothing wrong with her except that she has NO sympathy for anyone except her own pathetic self.

I am voting NO. For a few reasons, I feel GA & CA been through so much all ready. I think ICA has some kind of horrible mental illness, diagnosed or not! I believe she should spend the rest of her life in jail without parole. I also feel giving her the death penalty, is giving her the easy way out!

Going into this trial I was ambivalent about LWOP or death penalty. Either would have been fine with me. But now that we are into the trial I adamantly hope she gets the DP. Her conduct during the trial, throwing out awful allegations about her father and brother in order to try to save her own sorry self, watching her lie repeatedly to her parents in the jailhouse tapes even as Cindy is bent over and prostrate with fear for Caylee and her wellbeing, her lack of REAL emotion other than when its about her - all of these things have made me despise her more with every passing day. I want her to live the rest of her life with the label of "walking dead" over her head. I want her to be segregated and to not have some of the "perks" she'd get with LWOP. I want her to realize that just as she took a life, hers too will be taken by the State of Florida. I want this with every fiber of my being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog