Dede defends Terri - People Magazine

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think her home is/was for sale? Would probably have people in and out all the time, would not have stayed private for long.

Normally agents have to call in advance and make an appointment. It would certainly be more private than the media zoo that was present at the Horman house. And besides, we are talking about death threats here. I would certainly trade a little inconvenience for safety! Wouldn't you?

I saw that. That unnamed source contradicts herself in that article, though.
PORTLAND, Ore. – KATU now knows that friends purchased cell phones to communicate with the stepmother of missing Kyron Horman after the second grader disappeared two months ago.

Additionally, one of those friends did so using a fake name, according to multiple sources on Friday.

A friend of Terri Horman said the secret phones were intended to provide some level of privacy with their conversations, which they felt were being monitored by law enforcement. She said they also wanted to use phones with numbers not known to the press.

The phones were purchased after Kyron's father, Kaine Horman, moved out of the family's home.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/100161574.html

She insists the three of them – DeDe, Terri and her – only got the phones because the new AT&T service would allow them to make calls out of the Horman home at Shelter Nook Road. The home is in a remote area that does not receive Verizon service, which is what the friends had.

One of our members - was it freefallz? - posted that her phone wouldn't work in the Sheltered Nook area.

ETA: Sorry, Sorrell. Didn't see you posted about this already. :)

ETA: freefallz' post:

Interesting to me..
They said one person purchased the phones at Lloyd Center, which is across the river..

I do have to say that when a friend and I went a few weeks ago up to Sheltered Nook I was curious about the cell phone coverage..
We checked, my phone had no reception (Sprint) his had reception (AT&T)..

Why would Terri's friends' cell reception at Sheltered Nook matter? Were they trying to phone each other while they were all at Sheltered Nook?

If Terri's cell reception was the problem, why did she wait until Kyron went missing to purchase untraceable, pay as you go phones? Wouldn't she have been better off going back to her cell provider and handling it, instead of keeping a phone that had no service from her home?

Also, why wouldn't they just call Terri on her landline if she had no reception at Sheltered Nook?

And most importantly, why use fake names?

I could bash my head into a wall... Cat...mouse...ughh. DeDe IMO seems like a follower, true blue to the end. Terri appears to be a leader and not one I would care to follow. Am afraid the innocent one is in way over her head. Perhaps the fearless leader wove tails of woe and DeDe to the rescue. C'mon, bat phones when your friend's son is missing?????????? Terri has powers of persuasion and she needs weaker people to carry out her plans. DDS may be very bright, but common sense is something you can't get a degree in. Terri seems less than credible on many levels. Did she disappear Kyron, no evidence, but she just keeps racking up the "what the?" points. There are many people in 'history' who had friends to carry out/wipe-up/remove the tension in their lives. Love is blind.

All I want is Kyron, that's all. I want the innocent child returned to the people who love him. The fact that someone made a dime being interviewed by a magazine makes me sad beyond words. He's a child for God's sake. It's almost time for school to start and his birthday is fast approaching.

Tell me, was it worth it? Was this everything you imagined it would be?

Where are you angel?

Why would Terri's friends' cell reception at Sheltered Nook matter? Were they trying to phone each other while they were all at Sheltered Nook?

If Terri's cell reception was the problem, why did she wait until Kyron went missing to purchase untraceable, pay as you go phones? Wouldn't she have been better off going back to her cell provider and handling it, instead of keeping a phone that had no service from her home?

Also, why wouldn't they just call Terri on her landline if she had no reception at Sheltered Nook?

We have a member here who could probably answer that as her life was turned upside down for being just a name not even peripherally connected to this case (per her wishes I won't say the name here).

Why NOT fake names?

Cell phone threads:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111093"]8.05.10 -Sources: 2 friends gave Terri Horman cell phones - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110905"]Terri obtained new cell phones from friends to avoid investigator's scrutiny - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Off topic here a little. Do we know if the GJ is hearing witnesses? Or have they finished? Any one hear anything? MSM seems awfully quiet.

I thought she said in that same statement what they wanted to hear - that Terri did it, or that Terri knew something.

Earlier I asked the same thing.

Dede's being interrogated and talking about talking to investigators. Right?

So...

Dede says that is what LE wants to hear, but if you think about it --- how would Dede KNOW what LE wanted to hear? :waitasec:

One would think investigators want to hear Dede tell the truth to the questions asked.

Just weird wording, I suppose.

Earlier I asked the same thing.

Dede's being interrogated and talking about talking to investigators. Right?

So...

Dede says that is what LE wants to hear, but if you think about it --- how would Dede KNOW what LE wanted to hear? :waitasec:

One would think investigators want to hear Dede tell the truth to the questions asked.

Just weird wording, I suppose.

BBM. Wouldn't she know by the questions asked? Like "What did Terri do to Kyron?", "What did Terri tell you about what happened to Kyron?"?

We have a member here who could probably answer that as her life was turned upside down for being just a name not even peripherally connected to this case (per her wishes I won't say the name here).

Why NOT fake names?

I think it's fairly obvious that Terri and her friends were trying to evade LE monitoring their calls. They were setting up a line of communication off the one known to LE.

I really don't think that that has anything in common with the WS member you mention. I know of whom you speak, and I do feel terrible for her.

The point of the discussion of cell phones in this thread is that it demonstrates that DeDe was involved in attempts to stimie LE's investigation. Knowing of her past behavior in this case makes it evident to me that her words, though in a way indicative of what she really thinks, are not trustworthy.

BBM

One of the reasons TH's friends stated the phones were purchased was due to the necessity of AT&T service @ the Horman home while they stayed with TH - after KH moved out. Undoubtedly, they would need to be able to make outside calls while staying there (and apparently, AT&T is the service provider accessible at that address, according to sources).

I have no idea if a landline exists or existed @ the Sheltered Nook residence. I know many people who do not have a landline - their cell phone is their only phone.

I had problems with some of the other reasons for buying the phones - and posted about it in another thread.

ETA: But as time goes on, I'm more inclined to give benefit of the doubt to TH's friends when they say they wanted privacy. As time goes on, I'm more inclined to believe they were truly afraid how any little thing they said or did might be misconstrued, as has been evidenced by the public response to DD's recent interview wherein she defended TH.

It gives one pause for thought.

Just to add... Dede is a big proponent of "urban gardening," and she has a garden in pots at her condo. So gardening at home means gardening at home.

I saw her garden pots on her blog, but it was dated over a year ago--I wonder if she has kept them up?

Just an FYI, but Freefallzzzz also told me last Sunday that her cell doesn't work well in the Sheltered Nook area as we drove around that area.

She has. She tweeted about it.

I was browsing her tweets, but didn't find anything recent about gardening (as in planting, feeding, harvesting, etc.)--only a few references to her worms and composting... Also, July 23, 2009 was her last twitpic of any of her garden produce~I am still wondering if she'd kept up with it, as she was prepping her home to sell/move... just my thoughts...

He couldn't find her anywhere on the farm, but he didn't search the entire farm? :waitasec:

Okay, could we have a link for him not being able to find her anywhere on the farm?

TIA

I don't know what kind of property this is but on some farms you can see quite far if the land is flat and not wooded. If not I doubt they conducted a thorough search for her but I think she probably had been assigned some defined tasks at a defined part of the property, like "plant these flowers here and if you have time, do some weeding in this flowerbed", not "do whatever you can think of on the whole 38 acres". It would have been relatively easy to ascertain that she was not where she was expected to be.

There is no reason to believe that TH and DDS are members of WS or are communicating via WS.

Remember, we don't start rumors here and we don't sleuth out members. :nono:

I'm not sure if I'd choose a crime forum to communicate secretly with a friend or an accomplice anyway, I think I would rather go to some random private chatroom, and always a different one.

[[/url][/quote]

I think the reporter left a 'the' ('the' home) off his/her sentence.

I thought so before as well but now that I've heard more about the farm it doesn't make sense to me anymore. If you're doing some gardening on a 38 acre nursery and farm "home" is an odd word to choose. Maybe it is technically also someone's home but I would use "property", "farm", "nursery" rather than "home" which invokes images of a smaller scale garden in which someone's disappearance would be more obvious without searching.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/100161574.html

She insists the three of them – DeDe, Terri and her – only got the phones because the new AT&T service would allow them to make calls out of the Horman home at Shelter Nook Road. The home is in a remote area that does not receive Verizon service, which is what the friends had.

Remember this news report?

"Friends of Spicher say she was attending a landscaping class at a local nursery when Kyron disappeared and she left her cell phone off. That's the 90-minutes of silence authorities want to question her about."
http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/mediacenter/default.aspx?videoid=17453@koin.web.entriq.net
(At about the 30-second mark.)

Here's why I thought DD forgot her phone:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/08/02/earlyshow/main6736423.shtml

"Early Show" co-anchor Erica Hill pointed out Spicher's friends are telling CBS News exclusively that the day Kyron went missing she says in the 90-minute period that's unaccounted for, she forgot her cell phone and was at work.

ETA: Also, in this link, @ about the 1:20 mark, reporter Erica Hill states that DD told friends she forgot her phone.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6736428n&tag=related;photovideo

:banghead:
This is why I find it so hard to trust Dede because I have no idea which version to trust. Either she was home gardening all day or didn't leave the nursery property all day. Either she left her phone home or turned it off because of a landscaping class. If the Verizon dead zone extends to the nursery neighborhood as well, why doesn't she say so? It is essential information as to her alibi since one of the problems is that the coworkers tried to call her and she didn't answer. You'd think she'd have noticed that she had no reception at some point of the day. She must have handled her phone at least when she entered the landscaping class which must have been on the nursery property since she didn't leave it all day. Oh but she couldn't have been there because she was home all day. If she was there her phone was at home. And do you turn off your phone for a class if you have no reception? I don't know about DS but if I'm somewhere I've got no reception I turn the whole thing off for the whole day to save the battery because it's useless anyway. But maybe she uses hers for the camera etc. and not just for the phone. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I wish we had access to her phone records because it would be a miracle to see her making calls or taking photos with a turned off phone that she forgot home and which had no reception anyway.

As far as I'm concerned, the "official" version is what she herself said, not what came through 2nd, 3rd, 4th - hand (or more). Whether one chooses to believe her is another matter.

As far as I'm concerned, the "official" version is what she herself said, not what came through 2nd, 3rd, 4th - hand (or more). Whether one chooses to believe her is another matter.

What has she said about her phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member