Dede defends Terri - People Magazine

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's fairly obvious that Terri and her friends were trying to evade LE monitoring their calls. They were setting up a line of communication off the one known to LE.

I really don't think that that has anything in common with the WS member you mention. I know of whom you speak, and I do feel terrible for her.

The point of the discussion of cell phones in this thread is that it demonstrates that DeDe was involved in attempts to stimie LE's investigation. Knowing of her past behavior in this case makes it evident to me that her words, though in a way indicative of what she really thinks, are not trustworthy.

If I thought LE was listening to my phone calls I'd get a new phone too. Not to 'stymie' an investigation, but because I wouldn't be involved in criminal activity and it's none of their damn business who I call.

It is obvious that all the stories can't be true. I just wish we knew whose fault it is that there are so many conflicting ones.

It is obvious that all the stories can't be true. I just wish we knew whose fault it is that there are so many conflicting ones.

It wouldn't necessarily be anyone's "fault".

Just look at some of the reporting in this case, for example. Even when we've had video of someone making a statement, reporters have misquoted, taken out of context or misinterpreted what was said. I don't think it's being done maliciously.

Here we have "friends" who claim DeDe said whatever. We have no way of knowing if that's what she told them, or how many people it passed through before being told to a reporter who may or may not add their own interpretation of what they heard. It's all one big game of telephone.

No, I didn't mean there had to be any malicious purpose. Things get twisted in the retellings. It's quite natural when you have normal conversations and aren't expecting that you have to reproduce them from memory later, don't take notes or anything.

But I tend to be a little less charitable about the reporters who don't take good enough notes or do not have a minute to relisten their interview to check if the interviewee really said what they thought s/he meant the first time and twist what was being said to mean something different in their report because they know in advance that they're expected to do a truthful rendition of the interview (unless they work for someone with an agenda).

No, I didn't mean there had to be any malicious purpose. Things get twisted in the retellings. It's quite natural when you have normal conversations and aren't expecting that you have to reproduce them from memory later, don't take notes or anything.

But I tend to be a little less charitable about the reporters who don't take good enough notes or do not have a minute to relisten their interview to check if the interviewee really said what they thought s/he meant the first time and twist what was being said to mean something different in their report because they know in advance that they're expected to do a truthful rendition of the interview (unless they work for someone with an agenda).

I know what ya mean.

Remember when Gates got choked up in the early press conference, promising to bring Kyron home?

An article was titled misquoting him, and the video was right there with the article. Maybe it meant the same thing but that's just sloppy reporting, IMO.

And reporters who don't respond to emails asking them to clarify something they've written.

I would have believed it if she had said it on Day 1, or Day 2, or Day 3, or Day 4, or even Day 5, 6, or 7. But nope, she never did which does indeed make it difficult to contemplate believing it 2 1/2 months later.

Can you show me where ANY of the parents said anything about Kyron in those days following June 4?

I would have believed it if she had said it on Day 1, or Day 2, or Day 3, or Day 4, or even Day 5, 6, or 7. But nope, she never did which does indeed make it difficult to contemplate believing it 2 1/2 months later.

Can you show me where ANY of the parents said anything about Kyron in those days following June 4?

On Day 7, Terri said she missed Kyron, she loved Kyron, and she wanted and needed him home.

Kyron – we miss you. We love you. We want and need you home.

http://www.mcso.us/public/newsroom.htm

I think it's fairly obvious that Terri and her friends were trying to evade LE monitoring their calls. They were setting up a line of communication off the one known to LE.

I really don't think that that has anything in common with the WS member you mention. I know of whom you speak, and I do feel terrible for her.

The point of the discussion of cell phones in this thread is that it demonstrates that DeDe was involved in attempts to stimie LE's investigation. Knowing of her past behavior in this case makes it evident to me that her words, though in a way indicative of what she really thinks, are not trustworthy.

Yes, when I saw this article about DeDe my reaction was a big "So What?"

What do we expect her to say? She is a sycophant to Terri - she is under suspician - she is covering her own derriere and trying to put out propaganda to save her friend.

Good luck with that. :twocents:

I think we'll hear from Desiree and/or Kaine within the next couple of days to counterbalance this report.

On Day 7, Terri said she missed Kyron, she loved Kyron, and she wanted and needed him home.

Kyron – we miss you. We love you. We want and need you home.

http://www.mcso.us/public/newsroom.htm

morning BeanE.

Did you mean that Tony said that, at the microphone at the 1st family PC, speaking for the family? Not seeing a Terri reference to that quote, although Tony clearly said "we" and spoke for all 4.

morning BeanE.

Did you mean that Tony said that, at the microphone at the 1st family PC, speaking for the family? Not seeing a Terri reference to that quote, although Tony clearly said "we" and spoke for all 4.

Mornin' Emma Peel! :) I just checked again. He did not say "The family except Terri", or "The family except Kaine." or "The family except Desiree." or "The family except me.". Tony said "The family has asked me to speak on their behalf.", so I'll take all 4 for $300 please.

Why? Do you think he meant to exclude one or more of them? I'd hate to think that Kyron's bioparents at that point still weren't saying they missed and loved and wanted Kyron. I could maybe be convinced though.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20413793,00.html

More from the People interview. Starting to sound a little strange now, IMO.

A longtime friend of Terri's, Spicher stayed with her for 11 days beginning June 28, shortly after Terri's wife Kaine left her. "When Terri's parents had to leave to go back home, they asked if I would stay with her to help keep her safe," she says. "And I said of course I would."

She continues: "I dropped everything I was doing, and I went to see what my friend needed. And that's when I learned she had been served with the divorce papers, there was a restraining order and a story about a murder-for-hire or something. So, it was clear that she was very distraught." ...

...Horman slept upstairs, while Spicher stayed downstairs, closest to the door. "I was trying to find a way to protect us if someone should come in, and the only thing I could think of was my fire extinguisher in my car," she says. "So, I slept with my fire extinguisher next to the bed."

In this article, I for the first time hear a mention of "whoever took Kyron" and of TH grieving and missing Kyron.

I do wonder about the possibility that it wasn't TH, herself, but a dangerous person that was in TH's life, either trying to hurt her, trying to extort money from her, trying to get revenge, or whatever.

Just speculating.

This is more from the People interview with Dede:
The pair also assumed they were under surveillance. "Any conversations that we wanted to have, we'd go out into the yard," Spicher says. "When we were in the house, we'd talk about the kids, we'd talk about her marriage, talked about her family."

So what is it they talked about in the yard?

I picked up on that too. If I assumed I was under surveilance for something I knew I had not done, I would be business as usual, not having covert conversations in my backyard. But then, that's just me.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20413793,00.html

More from the People interview. Starting to sound a little strange now, IMO.

A longtime friend of Terri's, Spicher stayed with her for 11 days beginning June 28, shortly after Terri's wife Kaine left her. "When Terri's parents had to leave to go back home, they asked if I would stay with her to help keep her safe," she says. "And I said of course I would."

She continues: "I dropped everything I was doing, and I went to see what my friend needed. And that's when I learned she had been served with the divorce papers, there was a restraining order and a story about a murder-for-hire or something. So, it was clear that she was very distraught." ...

...Horman slept upstairs, while Spicher stayed downstairs, closest to the door. "I was trying to find a way to protect us if someone should come in, and the only thing I could think of was my fire extinguisher in my car," she says. "So, I slept with my fire extinguisher next to the bed."

In this article, I for the first time hear a mention of "whoever took Kyron" and of TH grieving and missing Kyron.

I do wonder about the possibility that it wasn't TH, herself, but a dangerous person that was in TH's life, either trying to hurt her, trying to extort money from her, trying to get revenge, or whatever.

Just speculating.

bbm

I've wondered that for a long time now; if Terri didn't put Kyron at risk by bringing someone into their lives.

Probably Kaine, what to do about baby and the RO, the MFH accusation and her needing to get an attorney pronto.

I can think of a million things right off the bat that have nothing to do with the disappearance of Kyron and therefore doesn't belong in the ears of anyone eavesdropping.

I think we'll hear from Desiree and/or Kaine within the next couple of days to counterbalance this report.

I wondered when or if we might hear something soon from either of Kyron's parents. But for the brief interview with Kaine on Monday at the Wall of Hope, we haven't heard anything from the parents for a while. I'm sure that Desiree is having a very difficult time right now, and I think about her often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GowBuj