Dede defends Terri - People Magazine

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, DeDe professes, "in her heart" to know that Terri is not capable of this. Well, my heart is my heart, not my head, and rarely the twain do meet.

As far as Law Enforcement, and why she says she "didn't tell them what they wanted to hear".
I wonder what she really thinks they wanted to hear?

I'd think that would be pretty easy to guess based upon their questions.

How many dozens of agencies, including the FBI are working this case since Day 1? I believe that they can and did determine the veracity of what DS told her friends, etc., and that is why the flier came out with DS all over it. :twocents: JMO

I hope so. So far, three different versions of that morning have come out regarding DeDe.

1. She was on the farm all day
2. She couldn't account for about 1 1/2 hours to 4 hours.
3. She went to a 90 minute class

Somethings got to give here - DeDe lying, is it the reporting? Moo mho

So, DeDe professes, "in her heart" to know that Terri is not capable of this. Well, my heart is my heart, not my head, and rarely the twain do meet.

As far as Law Enforcement, and why she says she "didn't tell them what they wanted to hear".
I wonder what she really thinks they wanted to hear?

"They wanted me to tell them that Terri did it or that Terri knew something," she says.
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20413527,00.html

I thought DeeDee's lawyer said she was home gardening that day....I'm probably confused. Did somebody say that?

I'm confused.

Was Dede at the farm all day or was she at a landscaping class for 90 minutes? Or was the class held at the farm and considered part of the job? Or were her friends who reported she was at a class confused? Or were they told a lie? Arghhh.

That's a good question. We have out of Dede's own mouth (in the People article) that she "never left the property" (which was also a story told to the media by a friend of hers, previously). So, if she attended a "landscaping class" at a "local nursery", I guess that it would have to have been on the property?

And she had her cell phone turned off during the class, according to that video...but elsewhere she is said to have left the phone in her car (well, I guess it could have been both--she left it off, in her car (or at home)). But if that were the case, if she had attended a class on the property, why on earth would the owner and coworker have considered it odd that she didn't show up? Did no one ask her about why she couldn't be reached? When LE asked her, were they not able to verify her attendance at the class? If she never left the property, did the owner of the property not know about the class?

It sounds as if her friends have received various versions of what happened, just as TH's different friends seem to have different ideas about her stories.

ETA: Before writing this, I had just become aware of the story that she had been attending a class. I hadn't heard that previously. And I must say that it strongly swayed me in the direction of believing that she is lying about where she was and what she was doing, because there are too many conflicting facts and assertions.

JMO

I thought DeeDee's lawyer said she was home gardening that day....I'm probably confused. Did somebody say that?

It was reported he said she never left home, which didn't make sense in the context. I wondered if "the" had been left out, and he actually said "she didn't leave the home", meaning the place where she was working.

I am really getting irritated at these reporters not asking followups when there are obvious conflicting and confusing statements.

I suppose I can guess, surmise, opine etc. about what dede thinks LE wanted to hear.

I would think they wanted to hear an explanation that was logical, truthful, and made sense, and was verifiable based on any forensic evidence they have gathered.

Apparently, she couldn't give them that.

I suppose I can guess, surmise, opine etc. about what dede thinks LE wanted to hear.

I would think they wanted to hear an explanation that was logical, truthful, and made sense, and was verifiable based on any forensic evidence they have gathered.

"They wanted me to tell them that Terri did it or that Terri knew something," she says.
http://www.people.com/people/article...413527,00.html

But I think you're right, nurseratchett--they would have been satisfied with a sensible explanation that matched the verifiable facts. JMO

I bet they wanted to hear that Terri did it or that Terri knew something.

Interesting that as recently as Dede's interviews with LE, LE didn't know if Terri 'did it', or if Terri only 'knew something'. My turn to guess and surmise. :)

Great point, debs. I hope LE has checked to see if that farm was also in the dead zone...:waitasec:

What "Verizon Dead Zone" are you guys talking about. Do you have some sort of link or reliable reference to there being a "dead zone" in the Skyline neighborhood? This is the first I have heard of it.

Who would believe Terri if she came out and said how much she is missing Kyron? Anybody?

I would have believed it if she had said it on Day 1, or Day 2, or Day 3, or Day 4, or even Day 5, 6, or 7. But nope, she never did which does indeed make it difficult to contemplate believing it 2 1/2 months later.

In my opinion if this case does anything, it proves that statement analysis really means nothing. Polygraphs don't find missing children and that if you have ONE good friend in the world it's a blessing.

I say that Dede shows the kind of character and strength I would pray one of my friends would have if I was embroiled in something so horrible.

I see examples given on here as to why her statements to People magazine should be considered bunk.

I'm sure we could also find statements to match what she said to show she seems to be telling the truth.

What's that saying I've seen? "A true friend is someone who walks in when the whole world has walked out." (something like that). If anything we are seeing the real life version of this play out in front of us now.

I always thought the phrase was "A friend helps you move. A good friend helps you move the body." I guess we travel in different circles.

So many times, people commit crimes (murders) that they could have gotten away with had they just not opened their mouths. I have to wonder if DeDe talking to People magazine serves two purposes - to defend herself (not unreasonable, I'd want to do the same) against allegations that she's involved in Kyron's disappearance or knows anything about it, and to communicate to Terri that she hasn't betrayed her confidence about anything.

As for people defending Terri ... that means nothing to me. Unfortunately, it just doesn't. When I read about people like Casey Anthony and Josh Powell (have you heard HIS cockamamie story? But what can the police do?), all I can say is that many people can be fooled, or just want to protect their (adult) children at all costs. If Terri is responsible for Kyron's disappearance (and I'm inclined to think she is), I think she probably told DeDe, but this is not a Mark Hacking situation (where his brothers told LE of his confession to them). So who knows ... this could be dragged out forever. Once again, I'll say that I'm hoping for a Heather Mallory Cole resolution - someone must have finally told police SOMETHING because they found her body. And they arrested the husband the same day they found the body. Someone said something to somebody. It took two years but they could finally lay that poor woman's remains to rest and give her loved ones closure.

What "Verizon Dead Zone" are you guys talking about. Do you have some sort of link or reliable reference to there being a "dead zone" in the Skyline neighborhood? This is the first I have heard of it.

Our very own local poster, freefallzzz posted that whilst driving in the vicinity of Sheltered Nook, she had no Verizon cell phone signal, but her companion (who has AT&T) was able to get a signal.

There is also a media link that reported that one of the reasons the friends gave for buying the so-called *bat-phones* was due to needing AT&T service @ the Horman home. I will try to find it. There was much discussion about it here in one of the threads recently.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/100161574.html

She insists the three of them – DeDe, Terri and her – only got the phones because the new AT&T service would allow them to make calls out of the Horman home at Shelter Nook Road. The home is in a remote area that does not receive Verizon service, which is what the friends had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GowBuj