Dellen Millard: Innocent Dupe? Alternative Theories

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No shoulders is standard on rural roads, and so is a ditch or culvert to collect rainwater. You can see, right opposite TB's place, someone has made a little footbridge to cross the ditch (access to a trail, looks like) so I don't think it is an illusion that the ditch is deep/steep.

Yes, if you break down there is nowhere to pull over and if you do pull over to the ditch you risk flipping your car. You certainly won't be letting anyone out the passenger side door anyway due to the angle (door will hit the dirt).

There's only a couple spots to park within a reasonable walking distance of TB's place.

Yes just a touch south and opposite of TB's place there is a home with a gate that has a flat lawn that goes straight up to the road...so someone could pull up there. But if these people could afford a wrought iron gate perhaps they also laid out for security cameras (there was one security camera sighting near TB's home) and certainly it would peeve them to have someone parking on their lawn (not polite!)

To the north there is a lot under construction with two entrances where one could park. It's a rougher access road than TB's, for sure.

Otherwise the road is shoulderless and bordered by a rather steep ditch.

It just seems to me that they would have first located TB's place, and then had to cruise around to find someplace to park other than TB's place. Parking at TB's neighbour puts them very close and in view of the neighbour. Parking at the lot under construction...well, that's not any better a spot than TB's driveway...if the looks of TB's drive deterred them then so would the site under construction's rough access.

In short it was just a lot of trouble to find somewhere else to park. And that's odd, that they made the effort.

I believe it was said that a third person was involved initially and that they were dropped off!!!!!

If that were the case , problem solved.

If not what if the third person stayed in vehicle at end of driveway waiting for them to come out, so that he/she could follow???? This would mean they would have no need to park up...as not everyone left the vehicle !!!! JMO

But where TB's house is, there is no shoulder on the road (google maps). There is no place to park except the grassy ditch, on an angle, on soft ground. Which means to me that they had to park in someone else's drive. TB's house on the other hand clearly has lots of room to park or turn around.

On the bright side if they did park in the ditch they surely would have left tire tracks or some other evidence that they did park there.

What I see when I look at those photos is a possible turn around place that seems too full of a trailer and another vehicle (that doesn't look like TB's truck to me, but I didn't zoom in) to be able to turn around in. Although this may or may not be what it looked like in May. As I think AD mentioned, I believe it had grass along both sides, and not the kind of lawn you would want people to drive on. Also, they would have been seeing it at night.

I believe it was said that a third person was involved initially and that they were dropped off!!!!!

If that were the case , problem solved.

If not what if the third person stayed in vehicle at end of driveway waiting for them to come out, so that he/she could follow???? This would mean they would have no need to park up...as not everyone left the vehicle !!!! JMO

Surprise BQ, I agree with you! But I also believe the 3rd person has talked to LE, and this is the reason they weren't arrested. JMO

What I see when I look at those photos is a possible turn around place that seems too full of a trailer and another vehicle (that doesn't look like TB's truck to me, but I didn't zoom in) to be able to turn around in. Although this may or may not be what it looked like in May. As I think AD mentioned, I believe it had grass along both sides, and not the kind of lawn you would want people to drive on. Also, they would have been seeing it at night.

Here is a closer look at that driveway. To the left you see tire tracks and ruts so one would expect it's safe to drive/park there. To the right is "future lawn". There is lots of place to park, especially for something as rugged as a Yukon.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 13
Surprise BQ, I agree with you! But I also believe the 3rd person has talked to LE, and this is the reason they weren't arrested. JMO

Great, glad you agree :)........ but you may not be right about 3rd person talking.... JMO..... !!!!!

Just a guess...but what if an acquaintance was only known by a nickname and nothing else is known about them!!! How would they be found to be talked to?

I am just looking at all possibilities....

Here is a closer look at that driveway. To the left you see tire tracks and ruts so one would expect it's safe to drive/park there. To the right is "future lawn". There is lots of place to park, especially for something as rugged as a Yukon.

But why drive in just to have to 3 or 4 point turn to get out again minutes later? JMO

But why drive in just to have to 3 or 4 point turn to get out again minutes later? JMO

Don't tell me a guy who attempted the Baja 500 is scared of making a 3 point turn. It would be nothing to him.

Great, glad you agree :)........ but you may not be right about 3rd person talking.... JMO..... !!!!!

Just a guess...but what if an acquaintance was only known by a nickname and nothing else is known about them!!! How would they be found to be talked to?

I am just looking at all possibilities....

IF DM knew nothing about a person but their nickname, not even where to find them later, why would he let this person drive DM's vehicle on DM's insurance, alone? That is trusting a stranger waaay too much.

If there is a third person that has spoken to LE, I'm sure it's not to give DM an alibi...

Don't tell me a guy who attempted the Baja 500 is scared of making a 3 point turn. It would be nothing to him.

Nothing to do with being scared...... would be like going into a full parking lot when you know you will have to come back out again nigh on immediately.....:twocents: jmo

IF DM knew nothing about a person but their nickname, not even where to find them later, why would he let this person drive DM's vehicle on DM's insurance, alone? That is trusting a stranger waaay too much.

If there is a third person that has spoken to LE, I'm sure it's not to give DM an alibi...

How can you be so sure???

Maybe DM is a trusting sort of guy with a humble heart.... thats how he has been portrayed by others...except AS...but then AS is merely a disgruntled EX employee IMO.

How can you be so sure???

Maybe DM is a trusting sort of guy with a humble heart.... thats how he has been portrayed by others...except AS...but then AS is merely a disgruntled EX employee IMO.

I think if you know enough about the crime to provide DM an alibi - having been in Ancaster with DM and MS the night TB died - you could face charges as an accessory to murder. DM, MS and #3 all have to make it home at some point and logistics are, #3 would probably have to tag around a lot longer than he may have wanted to...and I think covering for someone, keeping your knowledge to yourself would open you up to charges. (Somebody who really knows will correct me I'm sure)

I think this has been hashed through, but can I ask (generally), would there be a situation where LE locates a #3 and there is no presser? Would LE keep this top secret?

There's trusting and then there is dumb...letting someone you only know by nickname take the keys to your vehicle is a rather extreme act of faith in humanity. Most people don't even like to loan their vehicle, let alone to someone who is practically a stranger.

I think the door is still open for a #3 to figure in this, though.

But those tire tracks and ruts are no longer there. If I remember, the google shots are from 2011. As you can see in the picture that sillybilly posted, those areas are both now grass.

http://wpmedia.o.canada.com/2013/05/flowers.jpg

I wonder where the woman who stopped to leave flowers parked? Surely all those people who dropped off flowers never pulled in the laneway.

JMO

I think if you know enough about the crime to provide DM an alibi - having been in Ancaster with DM and MS the night TB died - you could face charges as an accessory to murder. DM, MS and #3 all have to make it home at some point and logistics are, #3 would probably have to tag around a lot longer than he may have wanted to...and I think covering for someone, keeping your knowledge to yourself would open you up to charges. (Somebody who really knows will correct me I'm sure)

I think this has been hashed through, but can I ask (generally), would there be a situation where LE locates a #3 and there is no presser? Would LE keep this top secret?

There's trusting and then there is dumb...letting someone you only know by nickname take the keys to your vehicle is a rather extreme act of faith in humanity. Most people don't even like to loan their vehicle, let alone to someone who is practically a stranger.

I thought if #3 was with them that night, and the forcible confinement charge sticks, it would be an automatic first degree murder for all three. Maybe the only thing that would stop that would be that he was in a separate vehicle? (Just guessing.)

I think there would be a presser if #3 was found and arrested. If he was found and not arrested for whatever reason (possibly a deal?), then I don't think there would be a presser. They wouldn't want that to be public knowledge at this point.

JMO

But those tire tracks and ruts are no longer there. If I remember, the google shots are from 2011. As you can see in the picture that sillybilly posted, those areas are both now grass.

http://wpmedia.o.canada.com/2013/05/flowers.jpg

I wonder where the woman who stopped to leave flowers parked? Surely all those people who dropped off flowers never pulled in the laneway.

JMO

Maybe they were parking on the neighbour opposite's lawn? (wouldn't that be a horror)

I wish I could see an aerial photo of the picture sillybilly posted

One of the luxuries of having space in the country is you don't have to build the end of your driveway like a T, you can have it widen at the end so you are already pointed (in TB's case) northish or southish. So the driveway is a Y at the end, to help you merge into traffic (it is a paved road after all) The Y forces the position of the flower garden/rock back from the property line. To drop off flowers you can merge into the Y, still have a car length of driveway to sit on, drop off flowers, merge back out on the road.

Has anyone ever considered that there could be a third who was with them who is afraid to come forward because they know that DM and MS didn't do it, and they didn't do it as well, but obviously coming forward would see them charged with the same crimes for admitting to being with them that night. It would also keep DM and MS quiet, in my opinion, because if they really are innocent, they would be complete jerks for dragging another friend in to do who knows how long in jail if he is innocent too.

Has anyone ever considered that there could be a third who was with them who is afraid to come forward because they know that DM and MS didn't do it, and they didn't do it as well, but obviously coming forward would see them charged with the same crimes for admitting to being with them that night. It would also keep DM and MS quiet, in my opinion, because if they really are innocent, they would be complete jerks for dragging another friend in to do who knows how long in jail if he is innocent too.

If DM and MS had any sort of alibi they would be walking the streets right now. Same goes for #3. The problem is that there is a lot of evidence linking DM to the crime...and obviously LE has something on MS as well. You can't be charged if there is no evidence of your involvement in a crime; LE needs evidence to lay charges. Even DP doesn't deny that it was DM that came to meet TB that night...but DM is in a lot deeper than that. That's why he is keeping his mouth shut.

Hey Bomquist..I often wondered too about what happened to that 3rd person they mentioned....it seemed to disappear...So I am assuming someone TALKED that is why Police never looked for the 3rd person...something was suddenly said that Police are not concerned /or looking for a 3rd suspect...Did I get that one right ...fellow sleuthers?

IMO this PB is a pain as we are left in the dark about so many things...JMO ..court shall clear up a lot of gray areas ..I hope...( I do respect why the PB is there)>>>>WE MUST HAVE a fair trail where the jury is OPEN MINDED to come to a correct conclusion....

**Did anyone else read or understand that 3rd peron mystery?...curious robynhood...thanks...

Hey Bomquist..I often wondered too about what happened to that 3rd person they mentioned....it seemed to disappear...So I am assuming someone TALKED that is why Police never looked for the 3rd person...something was suddenly said that Police are not concerned /or looking for a 3rd suspect...Did I get that one right ...fellow sleuthers?

IMO this PB is a pain as we are left in the dark about so many things...JMO ..court shall clear up a lot of gray areas ..I hope...( I do respect why the PB is there)>>>>WE MUST HAVE a fair trail where the jury is OPEN MINDED to come to a correct conclusion....

**Did anyone else read or understand that 3rd person mystery?...curious robynhood...thanks...

At the beginning LE said they had no idea how many people were in the Yukon but they guessed three or more. (Reasonable guess: 2 to do the test drive and 1 to follow in the Yukon.)

It turns out LE has no evidence of #3...so they are open to the idea there is no #3...but are still open to there being a #3...or not...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member