Deputies seek public’s help in HaLeigh case/update:woman contacts LE

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I would bet she works close by, whatever the profession (nurse, vet, etc) due to her choosing this paper. If I were to drop off some info at a paper, I would think I would pick one I knew - meaning work nearby or drive by it every day.

What I'm confused about is why she wouldn't want to be id'd, even just to LE. IF she has something important, why would she want to hold up the investigation making LE try to find her first? I'm sure she could go to LE and keep it anonymous?

I was sort of thinking she took it to the paper thinking they'd publish it right away. At least they copied it. I hope they didn't touch it with tons of fingerprints all over it. I'm thinking she may not trust the police to the fullest extent...either that or she thinks the paper could generate a faster response.

Either she has something to lose...or...she doesn't trust the police for some reason
I dunno. The newspaper sure as heck isn't going to go out there and lead a search. Speaking of searches...how come there haven't been any scheduled by the locals? I would think something should be planned. Anyone know of any?

Aren't most hospital name tags like cards on worn around the neck or on a pull cord type clips thing so they can scan them. What looks like a name might be the name of the place she works at embroidered on or something like that.

She may be an STNA state tested nurses assistant, very popular job.

Perhaps she/they were attempting anonymity. I dunno.

ETA - Way back early on, LE was saying that the perp could drop off Haleigh at any safe public place...a library, a town hall, a fire station, a hospital, etc. So maybe this tipster felt that a newspaper would be a safe public place to drop off information.
With a $70,000 reward waiting for the person who provides info that could be there's if it ultimately leads to Haleigh being found?

A thought, wouldn't Le also have footage from outside the building, also maybe who was with her, the car, etc...? But as Scandi is saying, it could be a decoy, designed by LE to make those guilty think the BOMB has been told. We'll have to wait and see. Though wouldn't it be a Satsuma newspaper, or why not at LE themselves, they have cameras too.

Possible reward money? I keep going back to that in my mind. Off to bed, LOL Call me if you guys solve it, send smoke signals sumpteen

Hi Kool, I really don't think she is a decoy. And the more I think about it, if she gave her 3 initials she most likely also gave verifiable info in that note as to how she learned the info she wrote in the note.

I think that even tho the chances are very good LE knows just who she is, they are trying to trick or scare someone into making a move which will possibly give LE what they need - to put one of the last pieces of the puzzle into place.

I believe this mainly because the photo is clear enough but fuzzy enough at the same time. They only want a clear enough photo out there for the person they are trying to make a move to get panicky. They'll know immediately what they know, who she is by her outfit, etc. LE has every right to lie if it will further the investigation.

And also because of what the gentleman at the paper said. If what is said in the note is true it could be volatile. I read that as blow the top off the case!

Gee, maybe I have watched too many Criminal Minds shows :D

I was thinking the same thing,a man trying to look like a woman..possibly?

I'm not denying that's a possibility.

On the Brittanee Drexel threads there was much discussion that video viewed by her Mother in which her Mother made a positive ID, was released and many posters had a hard time with the ID because in the footage...it has to do with the way the camera is mounted looking down over the lobby that it appears to distort the person and make them appear shorter and/or heavier (stockier) than they really are...

I think it was finally determined that it was indeed Brittanee and those factors skewed the footage.

As for a man? :waitasec:

That's a pretty close to the head hair-do there from what I can see, slicked back and in a pony. So if it is man we are looking for a man with hair color only a couple notches down in tone from platinum and with really long hair...middle of the back?

That's a pretty good disguise if it's a man. JMHO.

I would bet she works close by, whatever the profession (nurse, vet, etc) due to her choosing this paper. If I were to drop off some info at a paper, I would think I would pick one I knew - meaning work nearby or drive by it every day.

What I'm confused about is why she wouldn't want to be id'd, even just to LE. IF she has something important, why would she want to hold up the investigation making LE try to find her first? I'm sure she could go to LE and keep it anonymous?

Also,if so secretive,why add your initials to the letter?:waitasec:

Hi Kool, I really don't think she is a decoy. And the more I think about it, if she gave her 3 initials she most likely also gave verifiable info in that note as to how she learned the info she wrote in the note.

I think that even tho the chances are very good LE knows just who she is, they are trying to trick or scare someone into making a move which will possibly give LE what they need - to put one of the last pieces of the puzzle into place.

I believe this mainly because the photo is clear enough but fuzzy enough at the same time. They only want a clear enough photo out there for the person they are trying to make a move to get panicky. They'll know immediately what they know, who she is by her outfit, etc. LE has every right to lie if it will further the investigation.

And also because of what the gentleman at the paper said. If what is said in the note is true it could be volatile. I read that as blow the top off the case!

Gere, maybe I have watched too many Criminal Minds shows :D
Didn't read the article...but did it mention why they haven't printed the note?

Gee, maybe I have watched too many Criminal Minds shows :D
Well then I must be also...cause this sure does make sense to me.

I can't stop thinking that these are strongly connected:

LC arrested on fraud charges related to prescriptions

Woman wearing scrubs drops off "volatile" info

This is huge, imo. I think this is it.

We don't know LC freud charges are related to prescriptions.

Seriously all, I believe she is a woman on her way to or from work not thinking about cameras. I pray this is a good tip and it leads to finding Haleigh.

Let's not make fun of her, she may be breaking this case, which is a good thing.

She could also be an innocent bystander who was asked by someone else, in a car perhaps, to do them a favor and drop the envelope off at the reception desk. Maybe LE wants to speak to her so that she can give them a description of who gave her the envelope.

More information...
Snippet..
"My name, and the paper's name, and address was on the envelope, sealed," said Richard Prior, Associate Editor for the St. Augustine Record.

"It could go a long way to solving what happened," said Prior.

Prior tells First Coast News Reporter Monica Landeros that he made a copy of the letter, and gave the original to the Putnam County Sheriff's Office.

"They're looking at letter and envelope for fingerprints," said Prior.

He can't reveal what the letter says. However, Prior said it is one paragraph long, typed, and has three letters at the bottom that resemble initials.

"If the information is accurate, it's going to be pretty volatile," said Prior.

Woman Drops Off Haleigh Cummings "Tip" at Newspaper

Bump link to article.

...They're looking at letter and envelope for fingerprints," said Prior...

They must really want to know who this was...blonde lady...

and:

...and has three letters at the bottom that resemble initials.

Bold by me. Not initials. But resemble initials. Huh.

Aren't most hospital name tags like cards on worn around the neck or on a pull cord type clips thing so they can scan them. What looks like a name might be the name of the place she works at embroidered on or something like that.

Most hospital tags are the around the neck and access keycard type ones these days. But most small clinics will still use the more traditional name bars. Most doctors offices I see will simply have everyone wearing a name tag with name and role, ie "Susan Smith, RN" or will have it embroidered on the jacket. The name tag is typically held on with magnets. Private Doctors office and clinics rarely use photo ID's.

Also keep in mind that while she is wearing scrubs, there are alot of industries that use them these days. Massage, Nail places, Some hair salons, plus the plethora of spcialty medical leaning services.

Either she has something to lose...or...she doesn't trust the police for some reason

Maybe she wanted a back up for the info she gave in the letter. She would know a paper would give it to police and have read it themselves and probably make a copy of it, like they did. If she gave it to the police she would have to depend on their honesty. It just makes good sense to me.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks
Back