*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh you have got to be kidding me........

But does he REALLY think he is in a movie???

I am in a trance from this entire thing... he is MI (mentally ill) JMHO
who knows what he thinks... he sure had to plan it for a while.
Now he is spitting at the officers/guards in jail??? loooon.

It is no movie, but he is now famous. :maddening:

You are stating the situation in academia...He could make a 6-figure salary in the pharmaceutical industry, either with or without the PhD. Job market is tough for new grads now, but an internship could lead to a permanent position....and contract research organizations aren't as picky about prior work experience.

I don’t think he is coming out of Hotel Stay a While... He won’t be needing a job.
His opportunities all went bye bye....:seeya:

snip-snip

Why do you think the "hair-do trio" probably never saw Taxi Driver? It was the sui generis violence film of its era and has been referenced thousands of time since in pop cult think-pieces about the subject.

Small point. Good post.

I was thinking in terms of the average 24-year-old today. But, the more I think about it, you're probably right. All three possessed above average intelligence (Loughner's list of favorite books was quite impressive) and all were prone to identify with the loner/assassin/mass murderer type.

Since we are not sure what his motivation are at this point, his inability to find a job I suppose could have played a role. If he expected to get a good paying job after a B.S. and that didn't happen, it could go to motivation. From what I understand, some mass murderers are the type of people who don't let go of all "injustices" and eventually want to pay the world back for these "injustices."

Possibly, but do we know where he was in the program when he dropped out? It sounded like he just recently started so I don't think he would be at the point of looking for jobs yet. You can't do much with a B.S. in Psych if you want a career in Psych. I always spend an entire class discussing grad school to my undergrads and I try to make that very clear.

I will say that Ph.D. programs in Psych can be extremely stressful. I'm about to finish mine, but it has been a very long 6 years. Many people drop out. I considered it once too. There is a lot of pressure. You aren't just going to classes and writing your dissertation. We also are required to work in research labs, which is another added stressor. I work many, many hours a week running our lab. I'm curious to know why he was dropping out. It seems to coincide with his plans for the attack.

Remember how calm he was as described by witnesses.

Remember how he calmly surrendered...........said what he wanted to say then lawyered up.

Remember all of the planning that went in to this.

I'm not buying severe mental illness yet.

Hell we could say that EVERY killer who has murdered is mentally ill.

And while I'm sure there is some negative diagnosis in there........

I THINK HE KNEW EXACTLY WHAT HE WAS DOING.

I think he does "want to watch the world burn"

I'm worried that he may have had other plans for the girl who would answer his online add for a casual sexual encounter.

Let's stop the talk of conspiracy theories, political inuendos and terrorism.

Also, please watch your links. If it's not main stream media (MSM) we don't want to see it. That also goes for everyone quoting those non-MSM links. I see long time members quoting links you know aren't allowed.

Possibly, but do we know where he was in the program when he dropped out? It sounded like he just recently started so I don't think he would be at the point of looking for jobs yet. You can't do much with a B.S. in Psych if you want a career in Psych. I always spend an entire class discussing grad school to my undergrads and I try to make that very clear.

I will say that Ph.D. programs in Psych can be extremely stressful. I'm about to finish mine, but it has been a very long 6 years. Many people drop out. I considered it once too. There is a lot of pressure. You aren't just going to classes and writing your dissertation. We also are required to work in research labs, which is another added stressor. I work many, many hours a week running our lab. I'm curious to know why he was dropping out. It seems to coincide with his plans for the attack.

Supposedly he couldn't find a job after graduating from the University. He graduated in 2010. He started graduate program in June of 2011. He dropped out in June of 2012.

"Tom Mai, a retired electrical engineer who lives next door to Holmes' family, told The Associated Press that Holmes was a loner. Mai said he said hello to Holmes once in a while, but he seemed to be shy. The mother told Mai that Holmes couldn't find a job after graduating from a public university in California."
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162...adly-mass-shooting-at-colorado-movie-theater/

Snipped by me

Given his well documented, careful Poo planning of this massacre, I'd suggest that he wanted the adult profile found and likely included the prison line to spur the interest of those dummies who always flock to these high profile psychopaths to "fall in love" because "we don't understand him" and swear that "he's the bees knees"... :rolleyes:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 2

It's a strange world, isn't it?

I think it's a possibility because it doesn't appear that Holmes intended to die. a) He was a walking tank with all that armor on. b) He took pain killers before he executed his plan. c) He surrendered without a struggle. And, of course, d) he left an online message requesting visitors in prison.

In my doctoral program in psychology, you are required to earn a Master's degree. It's just a part of the program. You get your Master's and then move onto your dissertation, but you don't have to re-apply, you are already in the program. The end goal is your Ph.D.. Now some people may obtain a Master's prior to deciding to get into a Ph.D. program, so as long as the requirements they fulfilled to get their Master's elsewhere match the requirements of the Ph.D. program, they can skip that part and go straight to working on their dissertation. Hope that helps.

Some of the University of California programs work the same way: if you don't already have one, you get a Masters automatically along the way to receiving your Ph.D. It works as a consolation prize in case you end up not finishing your doctorate.

But the OP was talking about the old system where one completed a Masters before applying to a Ph.D. program. In my experience, a lot of universities are eliminating that requirement.

Got the NYdailynews link from your site and the whole spitting and red towel over his head is true. Why are they hiding his face???
Freed inmate Dima Danilov, 22, said the suspect’s face was covered with a red towel when he arrived at the jail about two hours after 12 people were killed and 58 wounded inside an Aurora, Colo., multiplex.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...lking-killing-article-1.1119173#ixzz21IVFHn00

I hope we do not hear about bath salts in this case. At this point that seems like the only half way logical explanation of how this could happen.

As the police chief has repeatedly said they have to keep the integrity of the investigation and that investigation's results will be the evidence at trial. We all know what defense attorneys can do. I'm not going to fault the police here. Processing the crime scene and victims for evidence and maintaining chain of custody and keeping the scene free of contamination, that's a lot of hard work. I think they're doing the best they can. I don't really know the size of Aurora but I have been impressed with the police chief at the press conferences as well as the quick response to the incident by the first responders.

I have only heard CNN blurbs. Personally i would assume once the Victims were found deceased it became a crime scene to process and much work to do. It would take time to sweep and search the whole Theatre as well. One CNN report stated it took time to I.D. some as cell phones and personal items were strewn in a chaotic scene. Not all had I.D. on their person. For the Families it had to be horrible but LE had a crime scene. A large crime scene.

Moo is there's gotta be something he did to his face.. towel covering for no inmates to see.. his window blacked out with tape so no inmates could see.. the chief refusing to release his mug shot....
sniped by me..

The towel might have been on his face to stop the spitting until other anti-spitting devices were located. BTW I think he is "playing" crazy.

I hope we do not hear about bath salts in this case. At this point that seems like the only half way logical explanation of how this could happen.

The "bath salt" cases don't seem capable of the tactical planning involved in this case.

Supposedly he couldn't find a job after graduating from the University. He graduated in 2010. He started graduate program in June of 2011. He dropped out in June of 2012.

"Tom Mai, a retired electrical engineer who lives next door to Holmes' family, told The Associated Press that Holmes was a loner. Mai said he said hello to Holmes once in a while, but he seemed to be shy. The mother told Mai that Holmes couldn't find a job after graduating from a public university in California."
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162...adly-mass-shooting-at-colorado-movie-theater/

Ok, so that could have been part of it, but I'm saying his experience during that first year of graduate school could also be a part of it. Many people go into it thinking it's what they want, and then realize that it's not. Perhaps the pressure and work load was too much for him. And in his case, if he was already feeling down from not being able to find work before, it may have been even worse. There can also be a lot of drama in grad school. Some people work with advisors that are not as helpful or attentive or have opposing work styles and this could really ruin someone's experience in their graduate program. If he was working in a lab, there also could have been issues there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tabitha Darden 3