*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aurora police chief: No other "person of interest" (cbsnews.com)
---
"All the evidence we have, every single indicator, is that... this is all Mr. Holmes' activity and that he wasn't particularly aided by anyone else," [Chief] Oates said in an exclusive interview Sunday on Face the Nation. "We're building a case to show that this was a deliberative process by a very intelligent man who wanted to do this."

Oates said the person brought in to be questioned on Saturday "was a casual consequence. The relationship was real inconsequential," he said. "It's really an inconsequential matter."
---
more at link above

The quantity of ammunition doesn't bother me. It's a reasonable amount for someone who spends a lot of time at the range honing their marksmanship skills.

The red flag purchases are the tactical body armor and large capacity magazines.

I understand your point but there is no way to track all that yet but never fear, big brother is working on ways to track every purchase you make and they will save the day.

(I do see your point though!)

It is my understanding that James Holmes was particularly interested in the neuroscience of “temporal illusions,” which is related to time perception. As is addressed in the following article, psychoactive substances can significantly alter one’s perception of time, as can various clinical disorders and personality characteristics.

Time perception - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just speculating, but perhaps James Holmes was doing a bit of psychoactive substance experimentation using himself as the subject, which precipitated the onset of a clinical disorder to which he was predisposed.

I’m not suggesting he did not know what he was doing.
Russell

I do not think he was in student housing.
I know the schools in NY sometimes they use sheets....Never seen garbage bags.

Housing that caters to students because its close to the university. Who else is going to live there? Mostly students.

I have drapes for that. I do not cover my windows with paper, every so often....

I used to cover my windows with foil because I worked at night. Not just the Florida sun, but the Florida heat kept me up during the day and I needed to block it out. Sure I could have gotten those special blinds - but foil was much cheaper.

As for bulk ammo, IMO, it is pretty silly assume we should have our guns in case the government turns on us - but not ammo. What would be shooting with?

I realize people are going to be grabbing at any little thing that now looking back pointed to something, but before this happened nothing he did independently looked wrong - until it all got put together.

This is just the world we live in now folks and we all have blood on our hands in contributing to a really ****ed up society, if the bad guys want guns they WILL GET THEM no matter how many laws they pass in Washington DC.

Its one of two things:

Now we have this new enemy: the young, disaffected, white male who thinks that the world owes him something or is disappointed in his lot in life and that the destruction he sees in entertainment would be fun for retribution. He doesn't even kill the people he imagines did him harm -- he indiscriminately kills as many people as possible. Need a new word. Used to be the postal worker going postal. Now its these shiitheads going halo or something.

OR the person is mentally ill.

ONE THING WE CAN CONTROL, however, is letting our kids watch violent moves and play violent video games but hey its better to let the government protect us instead of being a good parent.

I have not been on medication for YEARS. Even my own mother questions the diagnosis now. Me owning a gun is vastly safer than most people.

And if you would honestly call and report someone for covering their windows and having a black light, I question you owning a phone.

People call the police all the time in every state for loud music.
Now add newspaper covered windows, and purple lights and an unfriendly guy.
Go check out some who are in jail for life and see how often the unfriendly wierd guy should have been called on.

If you have not been on meds for years you may not have Bipolar.

I lived in a dorm my first year in college, most everyone used cardboard or something else to cover their windows. The school wouldn't let us hang curtains for some reason.

I think people did it so no one could happen to get a peek inside and see them consuming alcohol while underage.......or so I've heard.

People call the police all the time in every state for loud music.
Now add newspaper covered windows, and purple lights and an unfriendly guy.
Go check out some who are in jail for life and see how often the unfriendly wierd guy should have been called on.

If you have not been on meds for years you may not have Bipolar.

And according to his downstairs neighbor he didn't play loud music there up until the night in question. I presume that was the whole basis of his plan-play music at night so somebody calls the police or goes there to investigate. Then the whole thing goes BOOM.

I lived in a dorm my first year in college, most everyone used cardboard or something else to cover their windows. The school wouldn't let us hang curtains for some reason.

Landlords charge for every tiny hole in the walls. Maybe the window frames could not support the rods and heavy curtains, had a few of those places.

Here anything and everything is used to cover windows. Trash bags, paper, cardboard, styrofoam, foil, items found in alleys, items from Dollar Tree, you name, it gets put in to cover the window.

This is just the world we live in now folks and we all have blood on our hands in contributing to a really ****ed up society, if the bad guys want guns they WILL GET THEM no matter how many laws they pass in Washington DC.

Its one of two things:

Now we have this new enemy: the young, disaffected, white male who thinks that the world owes him something or is disappointed in his lot in life and that the destruction he sees in entertainment would be fun for retribution. He doesn't even kill the people he imagines did him harm -- he indiscriminately kills as many people as possible. Need a new word. Used to be the postal worker going postal. Now its these shiitheads going halo or something.

OR the person is mentally ill.

ONE THING WE CAN CONTROL, however, is letting our kids watch violent moves and play violent video games but hey its better to let the government protect us instead of being a good parent.

And we need better control on who can get a gun.
Even his mother said "YOU GOT THE RIGHT GUY"
So there were earlier signs that he is off kilter.
The thought of my brilliant daughter with a real good heart having a gun
Would scare the living day light out of me.

I love what my Dad bless his soul and RIP used to say.
we do not put locks on the house to prevent a robber.
we put locks on the house to prevent temptation.

We must not make it easy for anyone to get a gun.
I did not say nobody should get a gun.
I did say proper testing and rules.
YES we have more unbalanced people then ever.

I was told he had not had much contact with his family for about the past year.

Also, on 48 Hours last night, one young man who went to high school with him, alluding to the suspect being a loner even then.

I did not know it was a dorm.

It was not a dorm. Apartments near the universities are frequently rented by students. So they have a large student population, but it is not a dorm.

And we need better control on who can get a gun.
Even his mother said "YOU GOT THE RIGHT GUY"
So there were earlier signs that he is off kilter.
The thought of my brilliant daughter with a real good heart having a gun
Would scare the living day light out of me.

I love what my Dad bless his soul and RIP used to say.
we do not put locks on the house to prevent a robber.
we put locks on the house to prevent temptation.

We must not make it easy for anyone to get a gun.
I did not say nobody should get a gun.
I did say proper testing and rules.
YES we have more unbalanced people then ever.

Arizona is the easiest place to get a gun in the US but when you get one they ask you if you have ever been diagnosed with a mental illness before they do the background check and if they find out you have you are denied the gun.

Granted those checks dont always show you have been.

Case in point, Jared Loughner.

I dont want to make this political I have very strong views about gun control but I can surely see your point, I dont know what the solution is. Banning things has NEVER worked, as soon as they ban ANYTHING it immediately becomes available on the BLACK MARKET and the bad guys will still get them and I would have no way to protect my family. Screw that.

If his Mom Said: You got the right guy...Why didn't anyone else see anything at all?
I know it is often a hidden illness. But the public can see - School - etc... that something is off.

Arizona is the easiest place to get a gun in the US but when you get one they ask you if you have ever been diagnosed with a mental illness before they do the background check and if they find out you have you are denied the gun.

Granted those checks dont always show you have been.

Case in point, Jared Loughner.

I dont want to make this political I have very strong views about gun control but I can surely see your point, I dont know what the solution is. Banning things has NEVER worked, as soon as they ban ANYTHING it immediately becomes available on the BLACK MARKET and the bad guys will still get them and I would have no way to protect my family. Screw that.

HOW ABOUT TESTING?
Someone like my daughter and they are all the same they LIE alot.
May say nop they have no MI....

TESTING may be a solution.

I believe the reporters are misinterpreting what the mother said. She supposedly said "you have the right person" after contacted by reporters. She could very well have meant by the right person that he was in fact her son, and she was his mother, not that she expected him to do anything like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper