Did Travis know Arias was coming to his house the night he was murdered?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Did Travis know Arias was coming to his home the night she murdered him?

• Yes, he knew.

Votes: 108 12.4%
  • No, he didn't know.

Votes: 634 72.5%
  • Other combination (yes and no)

Votes: 47 5.4%
  • I don't know

Votes: 85 9.7%

• Total voters
It's almost like she wanted to get caught. I've seen every season of Dexter, and its taught me that she is either really dumb or she really wanted people to know she killed Travis Alexander. She even tanked her post arrest and trial. She said she wanted the death penalty and she's making sure she gets it.

Probably besides wanting to be infamous, for murdering Travis. And the DP? She's probably hoping to see Travis again. Altho I doubt it.

I say yes Travis knew she was coming even if it was 2 hours before sshe arrived. I just don't understand him telling her maybe a week prior that she's evil, a sociopath and the worst thing to have ever happened to him and then she unexpectedly appears at his home and he jumps in the bed with her. But I'm a woman and maybe this makes complete sense to a man.

My guess is she snuck in the doggie door, after hiding the car, checked his computer, and just my opinion, got ticked off by what she saw. Then she entered him room nekkie, and nature took place.
BUT, those pictures! He looked scared, imo

I also voted no because she didn't want to run the risk that Travis would let someone know she was coming over.

I believe he knew for a few reasons:
1/ There is a record of phone calls between the 2 as she is driving to his house. 2/ I believe she told him she was coming to pay back the money she'd borrowed form him- there was a cheque from her on his desk.
3/ How did she know the room mates were out? I think he told her that.
4/ I don't believe he would have posed for photos on the bed with her if she had just turned up. I think she seduced him when she got there & he was more inclined to be intimate with her as she'd paid back money & seemed normal. If she'd acted crazy by just turning up he would have been freaked out & sent her on her way.

I don't think he did but I am also having trouble putting together the sex and photo shoot aspect of the day with it. JA obviously planned to murder him and I do think she surprised him, probably staked out the house a while once in town but I don't know at what point she got there and if he let her in or if she forced her way. If they had sex or if she made it seem that way. I've only seen a few photos. I accidentally saw the one of TA placed in the shower after he had been murdered and so I don't really want to see others.

Something must not have gone according to plan. I don't understand though why she stabbed him 27 times. Not that anything about her makes sense.

The people who voted yes for the reason Travis wouldn't have told people she was coming normally have got me thinking he could have known. Perhaps after that big fight, JA found a way to weasel back into Travis's life one last time. Especially if JA told him late at night most people ie friends would have been sleeping anyhow. JA would still have denied being there and could have used an excuse aka car problems like the excuse she used for not attending the funeral.

The people who voted yes for the reason Travis wouldn't have told people she was coming normally have got me thinking he could have known. Perhaps after that big fight, she found a way to weasel back into his life one last time. Especially if she told him late at night most people ie friends would have been sleeping anyhow. JA would still have denied being there and could have used an excuse like car problems like the excuse she used for not attending the funeral.

Exactly. The big fight, his harsh and determined rejection of her, would be the very reason he wouldn't tell anyone that he was still inclined to let her into his house. Sex with her blew his mind--we know this because he said so. And we can guess that he saw himself as able to compartmentalize the sex from other aspects of the relationship. I would imagine that sex with her would bring him tremendous relief, a catharthis, from the self-imposed dogma of his public life. It would also bring him an equal amount of shame. No, he wouldn't, if it could be helped, tell a soul that he let her in.

Exactly. The big fight, his harsh and determined rejection of her, would be the very reason he wouldn't tell anyone that he was still inclined to let her into his house. Sex with her blew his mind--we know this because he said so. And we can guess that he saw himself as able to compartmentalize the sex from other aspects of the relationship. I would imagine that sex with her would bring him tremendous relief, a catharthis, from the self-imposed dogma of his public life. It would also bring him an equal amount of shame. No, he wouldn't, if it could be helped, tell a soul that he let her in.
So why was JA was sooo evasive about answering the question whether Travis knew she was coming or not? She hesitated so much during the interviews with both detectives, if I recall correctly even after she'd admitted she was there.

So why was JA was sooo evasive about answering the question whether Travis knew she was coming or not? She hesitated so much during the interviews with both detectives, if I recall correctly even after she'd admitted she was there.

I don't know. She is more evasive about that than other parts of the story, isn't she? I mean, she really struggles with the question in a way that she didn't struggle with saying she wasn't there at all. Her prepared lies come out more smoothly, though she doesn't tell very believable lies. The only thing I can think of, is that her mind was preoccupied with developing the intruders narrative, and she just wasn't able to mentally multi-task while she was working on the development of these 2 fictional characters. Perhaps she just wasn't sure yet whether it would be better or worse for her new story for Travis to be expecting her. Perhaps she was concerned about how all the details would hang together, and needed time and silence to think, so she shut down for a while there. Or, maybe she thought that if she admitted that Travis was expecting her, that would point more to premeditation than a surprise, spontaneous visit would.

Just some ideas--it's hard to imagine the possible ways her mind raced once she was confronted with the physical evidence Flores had in his hands. I think she was quite unprepared for this, and it shows in her evasions and hesitations.

But who was she taking the pictures for??? I don't get it. Sex pics on his camera prove what? That she was there at his house that day?
I can't ever get a logical scenario in my head that explains why JA would whip the camera out to take pictures.
And why the nude pictures of herself? If she meant to take the camera when she left, or tried to destroy the photos by washing the camera, why bother even taking any pictures?
Who was she proving what to? :banghead:
Not sure. Perhaps blackmail was a backup plan, souvenirs, or so that Mimi would see the nudes of her when Mimi was in Cancun???

Travis was a very neat and tidy guy, but I don't think he would put together his new floor cleaner and move furniture off the floor and onto other furniture if he knew she was coming over for a sex romp.

I don't know. She is more evasive about that than other parts of the story, isn't she? I mean, she really struggles with the question in a way that she didn't struggle with saying she wasn't there at all. Her prepared lies come out more smoothly, though she doesn't tell very believable lies. The only thing I can think of, is that her mind was preoccupied with developing the intruders narrative, and she just wasn't able to mentally multi-task while she was working on the development of these 2 fictional characters. Perhaps she just wasn't sure yet whether it would be better or worse for her new story for Travis to be expecting her. Perhaps she was concerned about how all the details would hang together, and needed time and silence to think, so she shut down for a while there. Or, maybe she thought that if she admitted that Travis was expecting her, that would point more to premeditation than a surprise, spontaneous visit would.

Just some ideas--it's hard to imagine the possible ways her mind raced once she was confronted with the physical evidence Flores had in his hands. I think she was quite unprepared for this, and it shows in her evasions and hesitations.

All good thoughts there. I agree.

Travis was a very neat and tidy guy, but I don't think he would put together his new floor cleaner and move furniture off the floor and onto other furniture if he knew she was coming over for a sex romp.

I think after their sex they said goodbye, she took a shower and he began to clean the house and hope she would be on her way then she convinced him to take photos, I think that is what she said in her interrogation

Hey guys, I'm new so hopefully I'm doing this right!

I would say he 100% didn't know if it wasn't for the photo shoot. I think she was able to convince him to let her come over. I have gaps in testimony because I was on a long vacation in Feb and haven't been able to catch up on all the videos online. I haven't found Juan's direct of the Verizon phone guy so I'm not sure of the call history other than what I've read online. Please feel free to correct any misinformation I have! Answering this very question has been a mini-obsession for the last 24 hours!

- I'm not clear why he became SOOO mad on 5/26. It seems like there would need to be more than just texting him some other guy's info to set him off to that extent. Depending on when she "lost" the phone with the phone sex on it, my theory is that she was blackmailing him with the sex tape that he didn't know existed. Maybe it was seeing he was taking another girl to Cancun through his hacked email or who knows what that made her freak out to the point she would show her trump card. She knew she would need it when she made the recording not long before. He was able to ignore her calls until 3am 6/3 when he calls her for 40 minutes and then 20 minutes which is odd. I think she was threatening to do something with the recording and 'destroy him' via email or IM, etc. During this call I believe she got him to agree to let her come over on her way to Utah so they could "end on a positive note, give him check she owes, and give him the phone with recording on it" blah blah. I don't think she was supposed to be there until during the day because she knew exactly what his roommates were doing according to what she told Flores during interrogation, like Travis told her when it would be 'safe' to come over. Or maybe she was spying on everyone! I think she was confident he wouldn't tell anyone, but she did kinda cover her tracks if he did by saying he wanted her to but she just didn't... so if he had mentioned it to someone well she just didn't end up going.

- I think she showed up @ 3-4am and snuck in to remove incriminating evidence of herself on the computer, steal, etc. Maybe the videos were to hide what she was doing... or maybe some girl on fb posted it and Travis thought the girl was pretty and her stabby brain ran away with itself... who knows! I think she came back in the morning with her normal Jodi mask on in full effect. Gave TA money she owed him, gave him phone with recording on it, blabbed on about how she is moving on with Ryan Burns now, etc. Of course one last afternoon delight while everyone is friends won't hurt anybody! I don't think she could've convinced him at this point to allow nudey pics of himself knowing what a wackjob she is... unless it was on HIS camera so he had control of the images and could make sure they were deleted. I haven't seen any of the pics because I'm traumatized by autopsy pics and although I could handle the crime scene and her hideous nudes I'm always scared they'll all be together. I've seen the shower ones that they show on TV. I agree he looks sad, but I do think he's posing. I don't know if she just walked up on him and started snapping away or he was just appeasing her and again they're on his camera so who cares she says.

- After killing she does whatever cleanup, moves body, etc. She takes the phone sex phone back with her and I also read somewhere a 16 minute call to his voicemail was made after he was killed so maybe she deleted incriminating voicemails he'd been saving from her or maybe just to spy! I also read she placed 2 calls to her phone from his after he was killed. She checks his email again before she hits the road to grind on the next guy. I think maybe she cleaned the floor downstairs to make sure she didn't leave any footprints? Or just staged the furniture so it wouldn't be weird the banister had also been wiped clean (per police report). The police report also says his watch and ring were downstairs in the kitchen- would she have bleached them maybe?

Also: I notice in his 5/26 'rant' that he says something about asking the other guy to eff her in the woods... I've always thought she was the sexually aggressive one in the relationship & this kinda sounds like when he said that on the recorded call it was because she asked him to... conveniently before she started recording.
I appreciate any feedback :jail:

Thank you!

Agree, men tend to compartmentalize more than women. As illustrated in this funny but oh-so-true video:

Men's and women's brains - YouTube

Welcome, TaraJ27!!! :welcome:

Hey guys, I'm new so hopefully I'm doing this right!

I would say he 100% didn't know if it wasn't for the photo shoot. I think she was able to convince him to let her come over. I have gaps in testimony because I was on a long vacation in Feb and haven't been able to catch up on all the videos online. I haven't found Juan's direct of the Verizon phone guy so I'm not sure of the call history other than what I've read online. Please feel free to correct any misinformation I have! Answering this very question has been a mini-obsession for the last 24 hours!

- I'm not clear why he became SOOO mad on 5/26. It seems like there would need to be more than just texting him some other guy's info to set him off to that extent. Depending on when she "lost" the phone with the phone sex on it, my theory is that she was blackmailing him with the sex tape that he didn't know existed. Maybe it was seeing he was taking another girl to Cancun through his hacked email or who knows what that made her freak out to the point she would show her trump card. She knew she would need it when she made the recording not long before. He was able to ignore her calls until 3am 6/3 when he calls her for 40 minutes and then 20 minutes which is odd. I think she was threatening to do something with the recording and 'destroy him' via email or IM, etc. During this call I believe she got him to agree to let her come over on her way to Utah so they could "end on a positive note, give him check she owes, and give him the phone with recording on it" blah blah. I don't think she was supposed to be there until during the day because she knew exactly what his roommates were doing according to what she told Flores during interrogation, like Travis told her when it would be 'safe' to come over. Or maybe she was spying on everyone! I think she was confident he wouldn't tell anyone, but she did kinda cover her tracks if he did by saying he wanted her to but she just didn't... so if he had mentioned it to someone well she just didn't end up going.

- I think she showed up @ 3-4am and snuck in to remove incriminating evidence of herself on the computer, steal, etc. Maybe the videos were to hide what she was doing... or maybe some girl on fb posted it and Travis thought the girl was pretty and her stabby brain ran away with itself... who knows! I think she came back in the morning with her normal Jodi mask on in full effect. Gave TA money she owed him, gave him phone with recording on it, blabbed on about how she is moving on with Ryan Burns now, etc. Of course one last afternoon delight while everyone is friends won't hurt anybody! I don't think she could've convinced him at this point to allow nudey pics of himself knowing what a wackjob she is... unless it was on HIS camera so he had control of the images and could make sure they were deleted. I haven't seen any of the pics because I'm traumatized by autopsy pics and although I could handle the crime scene and her hideous nudes I'm always scared they'll all be together. I've seen the shower ones that they show on TV. I agree he looks sad, but I do think he's posing. I don't know if she just walked up on him and started snapping away or he was just appeasing her and again they're on his camera so who cares she says.

- After killing she does whatever cleanup, moves body, etc. She takes the phone sex phone back with her and I also read somewhere a 16 minute call to his voicemail was made after he was killed so maybe she deleted incriminating voicemails he'd been saving from her or maybe just to spy! I also read she placed 2 calls to her phone from his after he was killed. She checks his email again before she hits the road to grind on the next guy. I think maybe she cleaned the floor downstairs to make sure she didn't leave any footprints? Or just staged the furniture so it wouldn't be weird the banister had also been wiped clean (per police report). The police report also says his watch and ring were downstairs in the kitchen- would she have bleached them maybe?

Also: I notice in his 5/26 'rant' that he says something about asking the other guy to eff her in the woods... I've always thought she was the sexually aggressive one in the relationship & this kinda sounds like when he said that on the recorded call it was because she asked him to... conveniently before she started recording.
I appreciate any feedback :jail:

Thank you!

Great post! I agree with much of what you've said.

Two. We've seen four of Jodi. Two full-length (one showing the headboard and the rest of the bed--TA's not in bed), a front closeup, and a rear closeup.

I vote Yes. I believe she did tell him the morning of the 3rd because she wanted to make sure she could get in without his roommates knowing and because parts of what she told Detective Flores when she came up with the ninja story were subsequently confirmed by the computer forensic analyst Lonnie Dworkin. I think if she hadn't told him and just showed up from California, she could have left the knife and gun home because he would have fainted from shock on the spot.

On Day 12, Part 2 of the trial, Lonnie Dworkin says beginning around the 21 minute mark on the below video, Dworkin says that the forensic history of TA's laptop shows that at 4:08:11 am on June 4, 2008, a YouTube video of Daft Punk Hard Bodies Faster Stronger was watched.

Jodi Arias Murder Trial Day 12. Part 2, Complete - YouTube

Daft Bodies - Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger - YouTube

Dial back almost 5 years earlier when Arias told Detective Flores:

07:52
DF: What makes you think his roommates were there?
07:55
JA: I asked him.
07:57
DF: What did he say? Who was home?
08:00
JA: He said they were there, but I don’t know who. The reason I asked because it’s kind of an indication of how quiet we have to be.
08:12
DF: What time was that? Do you remember what time you rolled in?
08:19
JA: Umm… 3 o’clock a.m. It was dark.
08:32
DF: Wednesday morning?
08:36
JA: I think.
08:37
DF: Yeah, that makes sense.
08:45
DF: You’re pretty sneaky. You go up there and the roommates don’t even know that you’re there (chuckles).
08:49
JA: I did that many, many, many nights.

08:51
DF: How did they not see your car?
08:53
JA: Ummm...
09:00
JA: I don’t know. I was parked there.
09:01
DF: Oh, you know what! Zach was house sitting for his girlfriend. His girlfriend was on a trip with uh…, on a cruise with her parents, and he was staying the night at… and I think he was staying the night at…
09:15
JA: That makes sense because I want to say that…he said his roommate was home but I don’t remember, but I think he said one roommate was home.
09:21
DF: One roommate. Enrique, he gets up about 5:30, 6:00 in the morning . . .
09:26
JA: And if I’m correct, then Enrique’s has the room that shares the wall with Travis’ room, which is fine, and you know, it’s a KB home. Travis used to say the walls are really, really thin.
09:37
DF: Yes, they skimp on that part.
09:40
DF: Yeah, so Enrique was home, so you went in around 2 or 3 in the morning. But he gets up about 6, and…no he leaves the house about 6 in the morning, and he didn’t notice anything different. Did you guys spend the whole day together then, that following day? Did you guys go anywhere or just stay in the house?
10:07
JA: Slept.
10:09
DF: Well, after a long trip I’d sleep, too.
10:12
JA: Travis stayed up all night waiting. He was watching something on You Tube, some stupid video. He’s like, “You gotta’ see this,” and I’m watching and I’m like, “This is so boring. What’s the point of that?” He’s like, “Just stupid, pointless stuff.” I’m like, “Okay.” I guess everyone’s got to have their time to veg out being so driven and deep as he is for business, which is fine that he watches stuff like that. It wasn’t anything profane or bad or vulgar, it was just people dancing, but they had like boxes of foil on their head. It was like weird, like robotic kind of music.
10:58
DF: The pictures that I showed you of you laying on the bed and stuff, was that when those were taken that day?
11:06
JA: We also made a video but we deleted it.
11:10
DF: A video on his camera? Videos are hard to get once they are erased, they take up so much room and … whereas pictures are a little different.
11:30
JA: Umm…

ScreenShot2013-04-17at50038AM_zps4a6f1bb1.png

ScreenShot2013-04-17at50007AM_zps21e036df.png

Also....TA sent her these texts on May 2, 2008:

ScreenShot2013-04-17at34405AM_zpsade62cc4.png

These are all TA in his own recorded words 8 days after the above text messages. Notice what he said about Tootsie Roll Pops below, and recall the Tootsie Roll in her body in the rear closeup. (Also, he says he wants to pork her, not cork as some thought.)

ScreenShot2013-04-17at35148AM_zpsc785fca6.png

ScreenShot2013-04-17at35244AM_zpsb34ee3b1.png

Goodness! :facepalm:

I still don't know. The fact that he was up at 4 a.m. goes either way. He was known as a night-owl by everyone.

He told room-mate that morning that he'd only had a little sleep by 11 a.m. Was that because he was up waiting on her (if he is afraid, he wouldn't want to be asleep when she popped in)? Or because she was there and keeping him awake? Room mate didn't say TA told him JA was there. Was that because TA assumed JA's car was in the driveway and he already knew? Or was JA hiding waiting on the unfamiliar car to leave?

Here's the thing -- I don't think JA would have let TA go downstairs and talk to a room mate - he could easily mention she was there. I don't think she'd let him text Hughes at noon. He didn't talk to or text anyone after that. That makes me think that's when she "arrived".

He'd had very little sleep, and so he was an easy mark for her to get him to do what she wanted him to do.

The simple fact she turned off the phone in Az is enough premeditation for me.

purely speculation and JMO

Except the same roommate indicated that he also saw Travis at 630pm on a conference call that same day. So that roommate apparently has his days mixed up. Travis probably didn't get any sleep the night Jodi was calling him all night on June 2nd, so maybe that morning was the morning Enrique meant.

I don't see why Jodi wouldn't "let" Travis text Chris. She knew Travis wouldn't tell Chris that she was there. That's a safe bet, and the text makes things appear to be normal.

I know if this were me and my hubby or even before we married he would be calling me every 15 minutes reminding me to keep my doors locked to keep the phone charged and near me and to ask how close I am to the house. He would be concerned about me travelling alone especially late at night. It does not appear with her story of a dead cell phone that anyone knew what she was up too. This is so fishy it smells to high heaven. This was a surprise attack and what could h do when your ex is knocking on the door at 4 am. I think she got him to log onto his puter right after she showed up to prove he was up waiting this killer thinks ahead as she has proven time and again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elle C
Back