Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's definitely a ZOO in there and unfortunately JA will adapt quickly, just like she did in jail. She is a survivor after all. I just hope she gets some of the justice she deserves.

Your post brought to mind those insects that have survived the test of time. Are they CockRoaches? I can't recall.

I do wonder if some of the ones that don't want to be shown are employees from the jail who have had problems with JA and are required by their job to be there. If it is, I would not blame them for not wanting to be shown on tv. IMO it could be very dangerous for them to be shown on tv.
I see no reason why Jodi's family would need for the camera's to be off. Everyone has already seen their faces. Especially the giggling twins that had so much fun in court the first time around.
What I would like to see is a packed courtroom in support of Travis. Have the jail employees, and other officials give their reports. Then have Travis' friends speak followed by his family. Then when Jodi supporters start speaking have everyone that supports Travis get up and leave emptying the courtroom, and have the media cameras turned off. Then have the courtroom fill back up, and the media camera turned back on for JSS to give the sentence of LWOP.
It would be even better if the defense went first to an empty courtroom, then have the courtroom filled when it is the prosecutions turn. I just don't know what order they go in.

It is interesting to consider who they might be who are afraid to be seen speaking at the sentencing. I don't know if jail personnel ever speak at such proceedings but I doubt they would be in fear of being identified. I just don't think there exists any real danger--I think that was all hyped by the defense.

She won't say anything to JSS until she is sentenced. Then i'm sure she will have something to say. I wonder if mom or Aunt Sue will speak?
And what order does it go in? Do the Alexanders go first? It will be weird without a jury.

This monster will have something to say allright. She has probable been writing her going away speech for some time. She will DEBASE TA over and over again. She will tell new lies about him too, IMO. There is nothing she can do or say that will surprise me. She has been given some bad advice in my opinion. Most likely from the new CA attorney visiting her. She is under the impression she will be granted a new trial so she doesn't care what JSS does.

This last speech is her telling the Alexanders and all their followers what she will say and do in a new trial. She will never give up lying and manipulating as long as she draws a breath. Death is our only finality where she is concerned. She told Troy Hayden Death was the ultimate freedom, and she was right. That was a message to all of us, until this woman draws her last breath, we will never know freedom from her manipulations and evil deeds. So as she told Troy, she will probably live a long life, we may as well get used to hearing about her from time to time.

Just like we hear about Charlie Manson from time to time, we will hear about her. But the saving grace is simply, she will never leave the walls of Perryville Prison. Let her do her worst, her life is OVER as she knew it before.

Hi i'm trying to read justdatruth article but when i click it says webpage not available. Can you help please? Thank you.

:eek:fftopic::eek:fftopic::eek:fftopic::eek:fftopic:

But for those who are following:

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 9m9 minutes ago

We are in verdict watch for #AaronHernadnez

:twocents:

It is just unbelievable how many HIGH profile trials have been completed, including sentencing in some, since this 2nd re-trial started back in October of 2014 ...

Today is April 7, 2015 and Jodi is still NOT sentenced ...

I will NOT be surprised if something happens on or before April 13, 2015 to delay the inevitable ...

:seeya: Oh, and you can mark my words :wink:

Hi i'm trying to read justdatruth article but when i click it says webpage not available. Can you help please? Thank you.

I got that message too just then. The link did look a bit odd when I pasted it in. I just tried again, with the name of the blog only, and it also seems corrupted or something. ??? Anyway, if you just type 'justdatruth' into the address bar you should get a link to the blog and the psycopathy post is the first thing that comes up on the home page.

:seeya: Actually, I thought it would be more like 2-3 days ... :couch:

Seriously, there will be:

:tantrum: from JA and her DT

then a :judge:

and another :judge:

more :tantrum: from JA

:judge:

and another :judge:

:gaah: :gaah: and :gaah: !

You are so right dog.gone.cute . Love your animation.

I got that message too just then. The link did look a bit odd when I pasted it in. I just tried again, with the name of the blog only, and it also seems corrupted or something. ??? Anyway, if you just type 'justdatruth' into the address bar you should get a link to the blog and the psycopathy post is the first thing that comes up on the home page.

After typing in the name of the blog, be certain to add the year 2012 afterwards. All of it is one word--BTW. Hope this helps.

Hi FelicityLemon, I can't figure out what difference it would make for anyone to speak for the murderer. I feel like I'm missing something, maybe something legal, something that is always done at the sentencing phase???? Who really cares what lies anyone has to say about the murderer? And what lies are left to be told? I just hope nothing delays this judge from doing right by Travis and Travis' family.

I have no clue, either! They (any defense, ja herself) to say whatever they wanted to during the trial. There are zero mitigating factors to bring up at this point - what's it going to change given where she's going? The ONLY thing I could understand would be for the defendant to make an honest statement of apology and actually admitting that she killed Travis Alexander. She will never use the correct terminology that she murdered him (or butchered him) but has always described Travis' "passing" or "when he passed" However, she isn't capable of being sincere in apologizing. Not that it would make any difference in her sentence, but it would be the decent and moral thing to do.

I don't know why anyone would be allowed to speak on her behalf - does anybody know? This isn't rhetorical, I'm just so curious as to why it's allowed legally-speaking because it makes no sense to me.

The only people who should be allowed to speak are the victims.

WTH would Nurmi ask for more time? More time at Estrella? Oh right, her privileges were taken away. :rolleyes:

Nurmi probably needed more time to mount his defense before sentencing day. Remember, each new phase is a new opportunity to trash the victim and vomit a litany of excuses for the murderer, then get all sad-faced as he claims his client is "sorry that she had to do what she had to do" on June 4, 2008.

No judge worth their salt would allow this kind of nonsense to go down.

If only we had such a judge in this case...

ETA: I have no problem with the sentencing not happening on non-verdict day. Defense wanted additional time, requested it, and got it. I have no issues with the delay being granted, but apparently my post was misunderstood.

I don't care that the sentencing was postponed. The question was asked WHY did Nurmi request that...and I posted the above about why I thought Nurmi requested the delay. And if it turns out I guessed right, I want the judge to move things along without allowing the victim to be further trashed. I don't think she will do so, and that is what I am speaking out against in my post above. Thank you all for allowing me to clarify this.

It is interesting to consider who they might be who are afraid to be seen speaking at the sentencing. I don't know if jail personnel ever speak at such proceedings but I doubt they would be in fear of being identified. I just don't think there exists any real danger--I think that was all hyped by the defense.
I don't know if jail personnel speak at the sentencing or not. I just remember that there was suppose to be a report from the jail. Maybe they just send the report to JSS and don't present it in court.
I do think it could be concerning for correction officers to be shown on national tv because of the anti law enforcement protest and shootings going on. Not because of JA supporters. My son is in his last week of the police academy and even they were warned about broadcasting that they were in the academy. I do understand that if they do come in as witnesses not wanting to be shown on tv. Just my thoughts on who might not want to be filmed.

I have no clue, either! They (any defense, ja herself) to say whatever they wanted to during the trial. There are zero mitigating factors to bring up at this point - what's it going to change given where she's going? The ONLY thing I could understand would be for the defendant to make an honest statement of apology and actually admitting that she killed Travis Alexander. She will never use the correct terminology that she murdered him (or butchered him) but has always described Travis' "passing" or "when he passed" However, she isn't capable of being sincere in apologizing. Not that it would make any difference in her sentence, but it would be the decent and moral thing to do.

I don't know why anyone would be allowed to speak on her behalf - does anybody know? This isn't rhetorical, I'm just so curious as to why it's allowed legally-speaking because it makes no sense to me.

The only people who should be allowed to speak are the victims.

What she would probably say is "I'm sorry I HAD to kill your brother"

So sad that a person who looked at life this way is gone, yet a good for nothing continues to breathe. I hope she suffers tremendously!!!!

CB_YwumVEAEJBmX.jpg

I don't know if jail personnel speak at the sentencing or not. I just remember that there was suppose to be a report from the jail. Maybe they just send the report to JSS and don't present it in court.
I do think it could be concerning for correction officers to be shown on national tv because of the anti law enforcement protest and shootings going on. Not because of JA supporters. My son is in his last week of the police academy and even they were warned about broadcasting that they were in the academy. I do understand that if they do come in as witnesses not wanting to be shown on tv. Just my thoughts on who might not want to be filmed.

You do have a point about the current climate of distrust against LE. Add to that how crazy some of the JA supporters appear and it could be a recipe for disaster.

Let's hope there are no incidents of any kind.

:eek:fftopic::eek:fftopic::eek:fftopic:

For those following:

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 2m2 minutes ago

#AaronHernandez jury has gone home. Deliberations resume 9 am tomorrow

Just my prediction, but his verdict will be in before JA is sentenced :gaah:

Nurmi probably needed more time to mount his defense before sentencing day. Remember, each new phase is a new opportunity to trash the victim and vomit a litany of excuses for the murderer, then get all sad-faced as he claims his client is "sorry that she had to do what she had to do" on June 4, 2008.

No judge worth their salt would allow this kind of nonsense to go down.

If only we had such a judge in this case...

I don't understand how this is JSS' fault. The defendant has the right to postpone sentencing. This is the law in AZ.

Niner said:
okay - so would that be 7:30am PST, 8:30am MT, 9:30am CT, and 10:30am ET ???

TIA! :seeya:

Okay - what am I missing?? Here's two maps of the time zones in the U.S. Which is correct - anyone in Arizona - What time is it NOW??!!! It's 1:45pm here on the Left Coast :)

Attachments

• TimeZones.jpg
    TimeZones.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 16
  • TimeZones1.jpg
    TimeZones1.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 16
I don't understand how this is JSS' fault. The defendant has the right to postpone sentencing. This is the law in AZ.

What I hold JSS responsible for would be if she allows JA at her sentencing to further trash her victim.

I do not feel it is appropriate and do not believe it would be an appeals issue to not allow her to do it. I also do not feel a judge who is on the ball and in charge of their court would allow it, yet I think JSS will.

I have edited my original post; maybe it was not clear.

I agree. Besides, had JSS sentenced her that day, she would not have been privy to Sheriff Joe's novel about the murderess's conduct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Katiatorres