Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think JSS will give her LWP? This is my biggest fear.

Only if she plans on retiring. I cannot believe that she would not weigh that the other juries voted majority for death especially the 11-1. Not only that but the whole murder was three times over, and I don't see her overlooking that. Maybe if she had only shot him or only stabbed him but in light of what actually happened, no I do not believe she will grant her any possibility for release in the future BUT I am still nervous until JA actually gets her sentence.

If I was JSS, I'd hold it against ja for embarrassing me and having the COA override my decision. I'd give her life just for that!

Nothing coming from the Judge, the murderer or Defense on Monday will surprise me!!!

If anyone would have told me back in 08 when TA was murdered, a Judge would allow a trial like we saw, I would have called them a liar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have to work next Monday :tantrum: Will be doing lots of sneaking to see what's going on & boss will be OK with me watching the actual sentencing for a little while. She'll probably watch that part with me, as she did with FCA & CMJA's first trial. I'd take the day off, but had to take this Monday for a doc appt. so that's out. Guess I'll be watching most of it on YouTube & of course, reading all of the excellent posts here!

I can't wait until 4/15 this year! Have decided not to do taxes as my 3rd job from here on out. I'm getting too darn old to work so much, even if I do need the money. It's wearing me out to work 7 days a week. Feel like I'm also in :jail: ugh...

Does anyone think JSS will give her LWP? This is my biggest fear.

The thought crossed my mind while I was in the shower of all places. Kind of scared me because I don't think of this trial unless I am reading here and once in a great while I get little premonitions/hunches that come true. BK thinks that she will get LWOP and she should know better than me. This trial has been so strange I don't know what to expect.

What time is the hearing on Monday? Also, is there any reasonable ploy that the defense can try to delay it?

especially since they have no A/C. I don't think they should be pampered but I do think living in a concrete jungle in the middle of the desert with no trees without A/C kind of inhumane but if they didn't do the crime they wouldn't have to do the time so... maybe the other killers we have been talking about have it just a tad better if they have A/C or heat if they were in a colder state

Don't they have swamp coolers? It's not like they're living without some relief. I, myself, am glad that Travis' murderer will suffer physically. After all, she won't die by 27 full body stabs while she's conscious, have her throat slashed to the point of near decapitation and be shot in the head for full measure, deliberately posed indecently, and left to decompose in indignity, like garbage. And then, wholly murdered over and over again.

The more JA talks, the worse for her, IMO. If she does trash, I hope JSS will trash her right back. I'm 100% sure she will trash her with natural life in Perryville, but I'm hoping for some choice words too. We'll see next week!

JA is allowed to speak and beg for mercy. This is the law. It sucks, but it's not JSS' fault.

JSS told her to show remorse and beg for mercy when she spoke to the jury, and she didn't. So I think Jodi will try it , but JSS knows what she is, She ruled that Travis's murder was heinous and cruel - she knows Jodi did it, she knows that Jodi brought a gun to harm Travis in someway, and there was a knife close by to finish him off.

What time is the hearing on Monday? Also, is there any reasonable ploy that the defense can try to delay it?

8:30 a.m. Arizona time
8:30 a.m. PDT
9:30 a.m. MDT
10:30 a.m. CDT
11:30 a.m. EDT

ymmv if you are in other time zones

Only if she plans on retiring. I cannot believe that she would not weigh that the other juries voted majority for death especially the 11-1. Not only that but the whole murder was three times over, and I don't see her overlooking that. Maybe if she had only shot him or only stabbed him but in light of what actually happened, no I do not believe she will grant her any possibility for release in the future BUT I am still nervous until JA actually gets her sentence.

She killed him three times over, and after his death, tried for a fourth time, by spending 8 years killing his reputation. I'd like to think the judge would do the right thing, and I expect that she will, but the truth is, you just never know.

JSS told her to show remorse and beg for mercy when she spoke to the jury, and she didn't. So I think Jodi will try it , but JSS knows what she is, She ruled that Travis's murder was heinous and cruel - she knows Jodi did it, she knows that Jodi brought a gun to harm Travis in someway, and there was a knife close by to finish him off.

This did confuse me. It sounds like the judge was an advocate. It doesn't sound remotely impartial to me. I don't get it. Is this something in the 'judge handbook'?

I believe for many, LWOP is worse than death. It certainly would be worse for me. I would not fear dying as much as I would living in emotional pain, fear and hopelessness.

It seems Pam Smart has family that believe in her and visit her still, after all these years. Will Jodi Arias have that? Something tells me she won't.

Jodi's family lives in California and I don't see them moving to Arizona to be near her, especially since her dad is in poor health. She'll probably stop talking to her family once the trial is over since they will no longer serve any purpose to her. Eventually all the "supporters" will get bored and move on to the next psycho that's in the news. Her donations will dry up. She'll be forgotten. I think that is the worst thing that can happen to her. She'll be another shriveled up old hag rotting in prison all alone. My husband said that she is like a fart, we have to deal with her stench for a little while and then she'll just fade away.

Jodi's family lives in California and I don't see them moving to Arizona to be near her, especially since her dad is in poor health. She'll probably stop talking to her family once the trial is over since they will no longer serve any purpose to her. Eventually all the "supporters" will get bored and move on to the next psycho that's in the news. Her donations will dry up. She'll be forgotten. I think that is the worst thing that can happen to her. She'll be another shriveled up old hag rotting in prison all alone. My husband said that she is like a fart, we have to deal with her stench for a little while and then she'll just fade away.

http://www.distance-cities.com/distance-goodyear-az-to-yreka-ca

Good point. It's 14 hours (995 miles) by car from Yreka to Goodyear. That's a hard trip.
I think she will soon have only 2-3 visits a year from her family. I suspect she will have plenty of commissary money from family and pen pals she will cultivate.

When did JSS tell her this? I missed this somewhere along the way of this roller coaster ride.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

LMAO @ the fart analogy!! :steamed:

This did confuse me. It sounds like the judge was an advocate. It doesn't sound remotely impartial to me. I don't get it. Is this something in the 'judge handbook'?

I think JSS was thinking there was a very strong possibility of Jodi getting the DP, and that is when she told her to show remorse and beg for mercy as Jodi last chance of maybe making a difference to the jury.

I think JSS was thinking there was a very strong possibility of Jodi getting the DP, and that is when she told her to show remorse and beg for mercy as Jodi last chance of maybe making a difference to the jury.
Oh, okay. So she was instructing her to beg for mercy in case she was not counselled to do so?

She killed him three times over, and after his death, tried for a fourth time, by spending 8 years killing his reputation. I'd like to think the judge would do the right thing, and I expect that she will, but the truth is, you just never know.

IMO, she did not kill his reputation. I doubt TA's family and friends believe a word she said about him. IMO, who cares what anybody else said. IMO, some people, not you Jmoose, are giving JA way too much power.

I wonder if this forum will be locked after JA is sentenced.

When did JSS tell her this? I missed this somewhere along the way of this roller coaster ride.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

[video=youtube;iPhy6cvxmGc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=iPhy6cvxmGc[/video]

This at The State v Jodi

The defense just rested.

Stephens addresses Arias. Stephens says her attorneys say she does not want to allocute. Arias says that is not correct. She wants to.

Arias says she wants the courtroom cleared. Stephens says the court will not allow that. She says she will send the public to overflow.

Arias says she will not allocute under those conditions. Stephens says it is her chance to beg for mercy, show remorse, explain the crime.

Stephens: "You cannot allocute in a closed hearing."

Arias repeats she will not allocute under those conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shortboymom