Do you like the new format for WS?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to Dave our tech guy the issue concerning the Quick Links button with iPads, Androids, Mac air, appears to be solved.

For iPad users try logging out then logging in. If Quick Links does not work then I would suggest you do the following:

Go to Settings
Click on Safari
Scroll down and click on "Advanced"
Click on "Website Data"
Scroll down and click on "Remove All Website Data"

This does exactly what it says. It wipes out all your Website Data

Then go to Websleuths.com and login.

A big shout out to Dave who worked on this issue almost non-stop until it was fixed.

Please let me know if you still can't use Quick Links. If you still can't use Quick Links then I will cry. Just fair warning.

Thanks for being so patient.

Thanks to the members who jumped in and helped others with their issues. I really appreciate your help. Thank you.

Tricia

Thanks to Dave our tech guy the issue concerning the Quick Links button with iPads, Androids, Mac air, appears to be solved.

For iPad users try logging out then logging in. If Quick Links does not work then I would suggest you do the following:

Go to Settings
Click on Safari
Scroll down and click on "Advanced"
Click on "Website Data"
Scroll down and click on "Remove All Website Data"

This does exactly what it says. It wipes out all your Website Data

Then go to Websleuths.com and login.

A big shout out to Dave who worked on this issue almost non-stop until it was fixed.

Please let me know if you still can't use Quick Links. If you still can't use Quick Links then I will cry. Just fair warning.

Thanks for being so patient.

Thanks to the members who jumped in and helped others with their issues. I really appreciate your help. Thank you.

Tricia

Quick links is working!!
image.gif
Thanks Tricia and Dave!

Again -- "Top Stories" above only really works if it's updated regularly, and includes new cases of interest like, say, this one I posted yesterday:

TX - Haruka Weiser, 18 UT-Austin campus; homicide investigation begins

Not tooting my own horn but this case -- of a young student murdered on a major college campus in a crime under-publicized nationally at the moment but one bound to draw interest with the killer yet-unapprehended -- is the sort of thing a reader might appreciate being heads-up'd to.

Again -- "Top Stories" above only really works if it's updated regularly, and includes new cases of interest like, say, this one I posted yesterday:

TX - Haruka Weiser, 18 UT-Austin campus; homicide investigation begins

Not tooting my own horn but this case -- of a young student murdered on a major college campus in a crime under-publicized nationally at the moment but one bound to draw interest with the killer yet-unapprehended -- is the sort of thing a reader might appreciate being heads-up'd to.

I agree that the top stories should change regularly. Otherwise it's must meaningless to those of us who are here regularly, and we won't even bother looking at it. Any news source online like CNN changes its featured stories at least twice each day. Even every other day on WS would be OK.

Thanks so much for fixing the quick links, Tricia and Dave. I never used them, but now I see why people were frustrated. Is there any hope that the font will get a little bigger? Since it can't be fixed on iPads, we are kind of stuck with eye strain. I realize you're working on a lot of different things. I'm just wanting hope for a future change if it's coming. :)

Oh good! The "Hot" designation is gone. Thanks!

Looking good, can't wait to see the amber alert crawl back up there. That was my favorite thing about the new look, that ability to have the amber crawling right across the top of the page. Long time coming.

Thanks DAVE and TRICIA for your endless work!! Nice to have Quick Links working again.

Re the boxes up top with top stories, the middle box has info re Tricia's show but is chopped off (on iPad, at least) just after the word Eastern..... can't see the link or whatever comes after it.

We absolutely need a larger font. I see why peeps on phones are having trouble since I tried using my mini-iPad this morning and it was impossible. Today the font looks even smaller than yesterday ....?

I would like to be able to get rid of 'trending stories' and 'trials' altogether.
And Websleuths News to appear only on the frontpage.

What's the point of having these at the top of every page? What is the urgency?
Why do I have to read about Teresa Sievers everytime I preview a post? and then scroll down before I can read what I wrote?

There are members who enjoy contributing to 95 threads about a wellness therapist and I'm fine with that.
But I'm not interested in participating so please, don't bother me at every page with Teresa Sievers and preferably never at all.

They were gone yesterday I believe, and now they are back again .... pleeeez.....

MY QUICK LINKS TAB IS BACK!! Yay..how I've missed you :loveyou:

Since the new update, my iPad is taking a long time to load various threads. Even when I just hit New Posts, and there may be 13, it is wait and wait. I have closed my other open tabs so this is the only one open.

My dislike is the Specific Case Forums section being above the newest cases! Quite frankly, I am sick of seeing Cayley Anthony, JonBenet Ramsey, and Jodi Arias/ Travis being above Up To The Minute, Missing, Located, etc. The named cases are OLD and anything said in them is a repeat or rewording of a statement said many times. Enough is enough!

This was changed in the prior make-over of the system and has been a thorn in my side ever since! The list of older cases all need to be below the most recent case information. It is not top news, important to many people, and a nuisance to have to scroll past to locate the freshest cases. Please, move it below the fresh cases people follow.

Anothing I miss, is before the prior change, there was a list of missing people by state. This made it much easier to locate a person that dropped off the main discussion forum as one remembered the state they were in, not necessarily their name.

I apologize for being a negative Nancy, but I don't like the new look at all. I usually access WS on my phone, and the new look seems to have slowed things down for me.

Nice to have the Quick Links working again. Thanks!

The background is still too bright for my eyes, but that means I am spending less time here, which in the long run is probably a good thing.

I apologize for being a negative Nancy, but I don't like the new look at all. I usually access WS on my phone, and the new look seems to have slowed things down for me.

I really like it on line, but it is too large on my phone, unfortunately - makes me not want to use it on phone. Best thing is the ads are gone..

Background is very light..I look at WS at night when I can't sleep as well. OK, here is your laugh for the night...I fear with the bright background in my bed at night that the **###%%%% stinkbugs that adore a sole light source in the dark will start dive bombing me...it is warming up outside :gasp:

Dear 1&2&3,

Thank you for posting your thoughts. It's always interesting to see what our long time members think of Websleuths and our changes.

If we moved the Cayley Anthony, JonBenet Ramsey, and Jodi Arias cases in any way I promise you we would have many members protesting.

Keep in mind we have more visitors than members. These three cases are still popular as far as people reading. Especially JonBenet.

Many people are first-time visitors. These are our most well-known cases. We need them to be right out front especially for the new visitors

Many times there are reasons I make decisions that I can't explain to you for a variety of reasons.

I promise you we do our best to please everyone but we all know it's just not possible.

Tricia

Since the new update, my iPad is taking a long time to load various threads. Even when I just hit New Posts, and there may be 13, it is wait and wait. I have closed my other open tabs so this is the only one open.

My dislike is the Specific Case Forums section being above the newest cases! Quite frankly, I am sick of seeing Cayley Anthony, JonBenet Ramsey, and Jodi Arias/ Travis being above Up To The Minute, Missing, Located, etc. The named cases are OLD and anything said in them is a repeat or rewording of a statement said many times. Enough is enough!

This was changed in the prior make-over of the system and has been a thorn in my side ever since! The list of older cases all need to be below the most recent case information. It is not top news, important to many people, and a nuisance to have to scroll past to locate the freshest cases. Please, move it below the fresh cases people follow.

Anothing I miss, is before the prior change, there was a list of missing people by state. This made it much easier to locate a person that dropped off the main discussion forum as one remembered the state they were in, not necessarily their name.

I love the fact that the full width of the screen is devoted to posts and is free of ads.

The font for User Thanks has gone from super large to super small. Half way between the two would have been ideal. I don't believe this very tiny font will be appreciated by the many older posters.

I really like it. I'm on an IPad and the forum is much easier to read since the side ads have been removed. Pages are loading much faster too. I wasn't a fan of the red HOT thing, so I'm pleased that's been reconsidered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay