Dr. Phil Interviews Burke Ramsey (9/12 & 9/13 2016)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its pretty obvious what Burke's mission is here. Early in the investigation the Ramseys denied knowledge of every piece of evidence, preferring to let people believe that an intruder was responsible. They denied using the flashlight, they denied knowledge of the pineapple, and they denied any ownership of the HiTek boot. If you watch the link above you will see that Dr Henry Lee plans to do modern DNA testing on these objects during the CBS special. So lets roll out Burke to say that yes, he used all these things without his parents knowledge. So when Dr Lee's results come back with Burke's DNA all over what experts on the CBS special call "a perfect match" to the murder weapon, Team Ramsey can say that Burke already admitted touching it and of course his DNA is on it.

I have been trying to think why Burke and JR would admit in the DP interview that JR put him to bed with a flashlight and that Burke sneaked downstairs afterwards. I just didn't understand how after 20 years they would admit this. It now makes sense. I am assuming here that BPD didn't test the flashlight for DNA (only fingerprints), but B and JR might be worried that they might after Dr Henry Lee suggests it would be worthwhile, so they now admit touching it just in case BPD do test.

andreww,
This explains JR saying he used the flashlight when putting BR to bed, or down in the basement?

YES why not turn on a light? Try carrying a sleeping child up the stairs with a flashlight...........and why clean it up?
Kids use flashlights when they are playing...........mine even used it under sheets to play with cars........always got caught.
I would also think if you slept on another floor away from children in a huge house wouldn't you have a baby monitor?
They had the money for them back 20 years ago, they were expensive. Esp. if you knew kids wet beds and would be up doing things.

I've just watched a bit of Dr Phils live Facebook chat re Burke. I'm actually quite angry! DP gives the impression in his interview with Burke and publicity interviews that he's not buying what the Ramsey's are selling, for want of a better phrase. Now he's spouting about how Burke was just nervous, what a nice kid he is, he is not and never was a suspect. What the?! I can't believe I was sucked in! He's clearly team Ramsey!

Also all the b.s he says about him being the missing link and he addresses all the questions. No he didn't! So far the only thing we've learnt is Burke admitted to going downstairs after everyone else was in bed. The rest of his answers were either I can't remember, maybe or no!

Ok, so I wanted to check some old police interviews that John Ramsey did with BPD to see if there was any info on how he put Burke to bed. Found an interesting snippet about the kids bedrooms doors being left partially open to let light in. Just search for the word "light"

http://www.acandyrose.com/1997BPD-John-Interview-Complete.htm

The flashlight story of JR's is bullcrap.

Gosh after years not looking into this case, I have been sucked right back into it.

I have been trying to think why Burke and JR would admit in the DP interview that JR put him to bed with a flashlight and that Burke sneaked downstairs afterwards. I just didn't understand how after 20 years they would admit this. It now makes sense. I am assuming here that BPD didn't test the flashlight for DNA (only fingerprints), but B and JR might be worried that they might after Dr Henry Lee suggests it would be worthwhile, so they now admit touching it just in case BPD do test.

YEP.same re the pinapple issue .they know the CBS show will be heavy stuff and they presented the " innocent" explanations before it airs.i stick with my gut feeling this time.after all the media madness is over IDI will have once again a better score.all yhis BR stuff was a clever move IMO.

Don't understand why you would reach for a scenario where PR would instantly suspect her son as the murderer of her daughter and then write a ransom note to cover for him? I suppose that a defense attorney might come up with any far-fetched defense story he could dream up but it would be up to a jury to agree beyond a "reasonable doubt" whether that's what happened. I wouldn't buy it.

IIRC JR worked allot and was not into much parenting.......but says he read to JBR every night?
PR was in charge of the raising her children......she put them in so many activities..........like a stage mom.
PR had cancer was ill for years? any steroids?
PR was a 'drama' queen.
IMOO I think PR formed her children with nervous (bed wetting, fake smiles) problems. They had to be "perfect" for the image of a PERFECT family.
The house had to look like a southern mansion...........everything just perfect.
PR would put on makeup and dress up eve if her house was a mess. (read it)
PR took hissy fits and drama like at the church etc.
Personally I know someone like this and her 4 kids are 'messed up'..........but perfect pictures every where.
Husband stays in his room away from everyone as much as he can. He does everything she says.
I think the mentally ill one in the family was PR.
I still think BR accidently hit JBR with the flashlight.........scream ..........PR got in the middle of everything, yelled for JR.
sent BR to bed ....(he slips down during 911 call) parents said 'stay there' so he never gets out of bed during the commotion.
JMOO JR staged the scene as he read allot of mystery books. He chose the hidden room with broken window. (cold room also, slows down decomp)
PR (she went to college for journalism) sat and wrote the RN.
No neighbors saw lights on? 1 neighbor heard a scream (which child)
4 people in a home and 1 was murdered.........no intruder would do 'everything' in the house..........they grab and later demand and murder............JMOO

YEP.same re the pinapple issue .they know the CBS show will be heavy stuff and they presented the " innocent" explanations before it airs.i stick with my gut feeling this time.after all the media madness is over IDI will have once again a better score.all yhis BR stuff was a clever move IMO.

Ok, following this theory, I am going to predict that in DP Part 3, Burke admits to being in the wine cellar perhaps a few days before xmas, 'helping' with present wrapping or moving, and that's how his footprint is explained.

The $118K ransom demand was not addressed in DP's show and I think that should have been one of the questions. How many people actually knew the amount of JR's bonus? And what "small foreign faction" (party of one) would only ask for $118K as a ransom for a multi-millionaire family? I guess it was an intruder who just wasn't motivated by money. Perhaps he dropped his price after killing JBR. And why even bother with the whole kidnap thing if you didn't actually kidnap the child and they are laying dead in the baKsement?

So in summary:

- We have a super skinny intruder who can fit through that narrow basement window
- Who watched a lot of movies and picked up some choice movie phrases since he was dead set on using them in a 3 page ransom note
- Who has more than an average vocabulary
- Who is able to use expressions and a, tone reminiscent of PR
- Who was able to write and form letters that looked like PR to some experts
- Who is apparently not motivated by $$$ because they only asked for $118K from a rich family
- Who seems to know the amount of JR's bonus since the amount closely matched JR's bonus that Xmas
- Who was able to avoid detection of Burke after midnight, as Burke was up and about playing with a toy somewhere "downstairs."
- Who came with no weapon or did not use the weapon they had, if they did have one.
- Who did not prepare a ransom note in advance and spent considerable time practicing to write one RN, then threw it away, then wrote the one they left on the back stairs of the house.
- Whose purpose was kidnapping for $$$ but they didn't kidnap and they never called to get their $$$.

Kind of a dumb, bumbling intruder when you lay it all out....

A foreigner who writes the English language perfectly and displays nothing foreign about themselves in the Rn.

Oooh now this could get interesting...

The more they claim to be touching things or being in places in the house, the more it will take away from an 'intruder' being the one who was in that spot.

I look forward to seeing how this will all unfold.

My best guess is that if this thing falls apart, Wood's reputation is on the line. The twenty year anniversary is getting more attention. Sites like WS has pretty much hammered IDI to death. They can't come-up with more answers than saying, "Well, there's the DNA...." Even that's been called into question.

I just wonder if the whole John Mark Karr thing wasn't Wood putting pressure on Mary Lacy. It was stated that Wood put pressure on Lacy and that he'd destroy her career if she didn't exonerate the Ramseys...as I recall.

For all I know Dr. Phil initiated a professional relationship with Lin Wood with the express intention that someday he could score the BR and JR Ramsey interviews for ratings. DP is deceptive.

Maybe an intruder came in while they were at the Xmas party and BR saw what happened and went in his room and hid?
Maybe he did not do it, but witnessed something awful?

What bothers me is the fact that PR still had the same clothes on from the night before. Did she keep it on just because she was not going to change for the flight in the AM? Or, was she was up all night?

The $118K ransom demand was not addressed in DP's show and I think that should have been one of the questions. How many people actually knew the amount of JR's bonus? And what "small foreign faction" (party of one) would only ask for $118K as a ransom for a multi-millionaire family? I guess it was an intruder who just wasn't motivated by money. Perhaps he dropped his price after killing JBR. And why even bother with the whole kidnap thing if you didn't actually kidnap the child and they are laying dead in the basement?

So in summary:

- We have a super skinny intruder who can fit through that narrow basement window
- Who watched a lot of movies and picked up some choice movie phrases since he was dead set on using them in a 3 page ransom note
- Who has more than an average vocabulary
- Who is able to use expressions and a tone reminiscent of PR
- Who was able to write and form letters that looked like PR to some experts
- Who is apparently not motivated by $$$ because they only asked for $118K from a rich family
- Who seems to know the amount of JR's bonus since the amount closely matched JR's bonus that Xmas
- Who was able to avoid detection of Burke after midnight, as Burke was up and about playing with a toy somewhere "downstairs."
- Who came with no weapon or did not use the weapon they had, if they did have one.
- Who did not prepare a ransom note in advance and spent considerable time practicing to write one RN, then threw it away, then wrote the one they left on the back stairs of the house.
- Whose purpose was kidnapping for $$$ but they didn't kidnap and they never called to get their $$$.

Kind of a dumb, bumbling intruder when you lay it all out....

Maybe the "intruder" was hired by someone with business ties to JR?

With that said, I don't like JR and BR's smirks in the A&E special and DP. It seems to me like they know something more.

Ok, following this theory, I am going to predict that in DP Part 3, Burke admits to being in the wine cellar perhaps a few days before xmas, 'helping' with present wrapping or moving, and that's how his footprint is explained.

That would remove another piece of "intruder" evidence. And it's a juicy piece because people seem to just looooove to tie it to Michael Helgoth. I don't see how that helps them.

Personally I think there was always going to be an additional segment. Everyone knows about the web sleuthing community and that there would be a lot of questions. It's actually rather sickening that DP has used JBR for ratings. If it were really fair, he'd have someone from the investigation team on there too.

Hollywood.

Hi ElleElle !

I found the smirks, especially from J.R. to be demonstrating his arrogance. J.R. has always appeared to me to be narcissistic and arrogant. Perhaps his son
has taken on this demeanor as well?

Personally I think there was always going to be an additional segment. Everyone knows about the web sleuthing community and that there would be a lot of questions. It's actually rather sickening that DP has used JBR for ratings. If it were really fair, he'd have someone from the investigation team on there too.

Hollywood.

I think the way Dr. Phil is milking this rather short interview he did with Burke is shameful.

the problem is I am convinced that if onee of them or both will ever be in danger they will throw PR under the bus.totally convinced.but the bpd wony grow balls over night nor the da so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member