Dr Phil w/ George and Cindy Anthony (Show airs 9.13.2011)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
TV Guy: Dr. Phil's interview of George and Cindy Anthony lacks revelations
snip-
George said yes, because Casey was responsible for the child, "no matter where she was at or what happened."

Otherwise, it was an hour of tears and excuses, what people who follow the Anthonys have come to expect. Cindy said she believed that Casey was "an awesome mother" and that she had been the victim of illness.

In closing the hour, McGraw said Cindy was "desperately reaching for any reason to excuse her daughter for her role in this tragedy." Cindy suggested Casey could have suffered a brain tumor, grand mal seizures or post-partum schizophrenia. McGraw discounted each idea.

Cindy said she was over being angry with her daughter about the lies told during the 31 days the grandparents didn't see the child in the summer of 2008.http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,1134508.story

How can Cindy be over being angry at KC's lies? I'm not and never will be!!!:maddening:

1 thing we can all put to rest now. It is fact that Cindy did not threaten to take Caylee away from Casey or hold her daughter accountable when she stole money from her and from Cindy's own mouth that it was CASEY, not George stealing money from her. People always say we don't know these thing to be truthful because it either came from George or from Casey or Lee or grandma but not from Cindy. Cindy has now said it on TV.

Dr Phil opened the show by saying that the Anthonys didn't ask for any money and weren't paid. He said that they did ask him if he would make a donation to their foundation when it's licensed and up & running, and he said he would. He also said that the Anthonys will not derive any inome from that foundation.

So unless Dr Phil is lying (and I don't think he would lie about that), neither they nor their foundation has gotten a penny. I would guess that the time to yell might be when/if a donation is actually made.

It is their foundation. They can use the money any way they want. The word used was "Income". They will take it out for other uses than "INCOME". Pure Semantics....manipulating and dissecting words to fool the public.

One thing really bothers me more than anything else. How is George getting away with being so honest right in front of Cindy? Did they have an agreement, George, you be honest, and I'll just cover, cover, cover? I've never heard him be so free with his talking before. Yes, he's still being vague, but I can't believe Cindy isn't glaring at him when he talks or isn't angry about what he said. She just followed everything up with more covering. So weird. She never let him be this honest and open before now!

BBM

I saw several massive glares like lightning bolts coming out of her eyes. One time was when he was asked about the trunk. Also when he was asked if he thought she was guilty. She was shooting daggers.

Also, Dr P was more on George's side than Cindy's so I think that gave George some motivation to speak more freely.

I think George was more open because Dr P is a counselor and tried to act like this was a therapy session or something. So I think that George was trying to open up and let some of this stuff he has been holding onto out,finally. And doesn't Cindy say to him at one point , " we have been talking about this for 3 years and this is the first time I ever heard you say that." ?

It is their foundation. They can use the money any way they want. The word used was "Income". They will take it out for other uses than "INCOME". Pure Semantics....manipulating and dissecting words to fool the public.

Lippman stated earlier that the A's would draw a salary from the foundation because they couldn't work. Someone needs to play that clip for Dr Phil.

I sincerely doubt any of these medical situations are real. But I can see why Cindy would try and grasp at something to explain her daughters behavior. Watching Cindy all this time, I do think Cindy is a person who kind of thinks out loud. She says whats she is thinking and I do think she said those things about the seizure, hormones and brain tumor not so much to make an excuse for KC, but more along the lines of just verbalizing things she has thought of to explain this..to herself

Just caught a little bit of JVM and heard more of cindy's "explaining away" of kc's deplorable behavior. In her words, the night of the hot body contest, KC was asked to fill in for someone that didn't show up and she was not her normal self but was "subdued" but went to help out anyway. Sorry, can't swallow that line and IMO cindy knows exactly what she's doing. Appearances are all that matter to her and her little family was just perfect.

I'm glad George has come to a point in his life where he feels it's safe to tell the truth while in the same room as his wife. And that Cindy has gotten to a place where she allows her husband to speak his truth in her presence. That's progress in their relationship IMO. I'm sorry but I see where there may be hope for them. The truth, George was allowed to speak it, with Cindy sitting right next to him! That's big imo

What did it take for George to speak the truth? The worst accusations that could ever be made against any father or grandfather.

eta and remember she accused Lee (their son) of molesting her.

Maybe Dr. Phil will counsel CA himself. She seemed to let her guard down with him, and he knows how badly she needs it. She's used to being attacked about anything regarding this case, and she attacks back. This "confrontation" was different.

Dr Phil opened the show by saying that the Anthonys didn't ask for any money and weren't paid. He said that they did ask him if he would make a donation to their foundation when it's licensed and up & running, and he said he would. He also said that the Anthonys will not derive any inome from that foundation.

So unless Dr Phil is lying (and I don't think he would lie about that), neither they nor their foundation has gotten a penny. I would guess that the time to yell might be when/if a donation is actually made.

Thanks for the reply, Martha. "Any income from that foundation." OK, I'll bite--will they derive benefit from, let's call them, "offshoots" of that foundation? Percentage of T-shirt sales, media appearances to "promote" the foundation, etc.? They benefit directly or indirectly from this appearance or they wouldn't have done it.

I just finished watching the interview and my first thought is this..CA claims that the felon called 6 times in 4 minutes on June 16th and CA did talk to the felon. CA can't remember the conversation. What could that conversation been about, what do you think was said and how did this affect CA and the felons actions afterwards. We can guess that CA does remember what was said.

I remember Cindy talking about that, she said she was in a work meeting and wished kc would've said something more into the phone but didnt so thats all we will know I guess.

I don't think Dr Phil is lying about his donation. Now are George and Cindy being totally truthful? Hard to say at this point. A good question from Dr. Phil would be "If your not taking any income from my donation and you both don't work, how in the hell do you support yourselves?" That's what I would like to know.

Cindy also said the straw that broke the camels back is when she found out KC stole from her Mother. Cindy also said she was being harder on KC those months before this happened. She wanted her to straighten up. She knew that KC was a manipulative handful and she really had her over a barrel. She was afraid she would leave with Caylee. She was stuck in alot of ways. It sounds so easy from the outside looking in, Cindy was in a tough spot at that time. She could not have predicted that her daughter was working a make believe job and would kill her granddaughter. She wanted to believe that KC was working and just punishing her by not bringing Caylee around.
Cindy and George did not kill Caylee. They provided for her and loved her, as they did their own daughter. KC is the one that took advantage of her parents forgiveness and help.

Just caught a little bit of JVM and heard more of cindy's "explaining away" of kc's deplorable behavior. In her words, the night of the hot body contest, KC was asked to fill in for someone that didn't show up and she was not her normal self but was "subdued" but went to help out anyway. Sorry, can't swallow that line and IMO cindy knows exactly what she's doing. Appearances are all that matter to her and her little family was just perfect.

It appears to me that cindy is speaking for casey. It is like Dr. Phil is interviewing casey. How in the world would cindy know what happened at Fusion that night. She wasn't there. Those are casey's words and cindy is spewing them all over the tv....grrrr.

Admittedly I have not read the entire thread. Has anyone brought up the money they were paid for the interview? Yeah, yeah, yeah. I KNOW it is a donation to the "foundation". Anyway, will any of these journalists ask this question? WTH? Why is no one asking? It's a 501c3 right? HOW.MUCH.DID.THEY.GET.PAID? And, yes, I'm yelling.

Follow the money. They had to come up with something new/different to boost their media stock.

The ap to become a 501(c)(3) must be kept in the offices of the organization and available for public inspection upon request. The ap contains organizational purpose, charter, bylaws, officer names, key employee names and ( I believe ) specific salary information for each of those and well as criteria for determining how much will be paid- ie, comparable salary surveys based on education and experience. I don't know about the Dr Phil situation, but I'd guess the payment went to the organization from which the Anthonys are drawing one or more salaries. The IRS does monitor wages paid for reasonableness. The IRS considers that there has been a lot of abuse by these organizations and has become more aggressive in looking for it in recent years. Non profs are required to file annual statements including revenues and expenses. If the IRS determines that funds generated by the non- profit are not being used according to the purposes for charity or general good stated in the application, they can pull the 501(c)(3) status and /or assess appropriate taxes.

OT, but just heard that the Aruba scuba diving murder suspect guy hired Baez? ?!

It appears to me that cindy is speaking for casey. It is like Dr. Phil is interviewing casey. How in the world would cindy know what happened at Fusion that night. She wasn't there. Those are casey's words and cindy is spewing them all over the tv....grrrr.

Kc looked pretty wild that night. Unless CA was there she would not know if she wanted to or was dying to dance and hug that other girl, etc. You can always say no to a hot body contest:banghead:

Your right. Sadly by then it was to late. But Cindy had the opportunity to stop this monster much earlier. MOO.

I don't have a Grandchild yet, but if I did I would not have waited 31 days. I know that for sure!! If that had been my Grandbaby I would have tracked her down after a few days of not being able to talk to Caylee. I guess CA is a little naive to have believed all the lies coming from the Felon during those 31 days. I would not have cared if my child was mad at me because I would have been twice as mad! I think they could have found her during those 31 days if they really wanted too???

This interview should have done with just George Anthony. Of course, cindy would never have allowed that. She keeps taking all the attention. George should consider doing this stuff alone. He would want to be heard. No one buys anything cindy says has to say. I should say most, there are always the "odd" ones.

George suggests that cindy is making excuses for casey. "Cindy is expliaining the hot body contest. She tells us casey was sad when she got there. Dr phil says :you are making excuses". Cindy takes over and says" I am not making excuses for casey". "Casey may have been having a grand mal seizure"...:floorlaugh:"

She was an AWESOME mother...says cindy. Dr. Phil explains except for the fact she never provided for her..

Cindy: "Well, according to her BF Jesse G...she had a grand mal seizure...:floorlaugh: OMG! As Dr Phil suggest she makes excuses, she is making excuses. This woman JUST doesn't get it!

Going forth with any kind of interview of this woman is a waste of time and it is not productive. He is getting nowhere...she is running the show. I know he doesn't ususally let people do this, but in this case, he is. I am very disappointed. I have to admit though, I didn't expect him to win...I was hoping but it isn't happening. It is cindy, plain and simple. She lies and she is a fool. It shows!

Maybe Dr. Phil will counsel CA himself. She seemed to let her guard down with him, and he knows how badly she needs it. She's used to being attacked about anything regarding this case, and she attacks back. This "confrontation" was different.

He's no longer licensed.

I remember Cindy talking about that, she said she was in a work meeting and wished kc would've said something more into the phone but didn't so thats all we will know I guess.

I always have felt that Casey was desperately trying to find somone to dump (in her mind) Caylee off on that day because she wanted to go to Toni's and Caylee never spent the night there.

She may have thought her dad didn't have to work a full day since it was his first day on the job and could have just gone in for new hire orientation for a few hours.

When she couldn't find anyone then she solved the Caylee babysitting problem herself and went on her merry way.:innocent::mad:

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member