Egypt Air flight 804 missing, 19 May 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A severed arm? Does that indicate an explosion? I am trying to figure out how an arm would be severed if it was a deliberate crash by a pilot or an extreme malfunction.

I would imagine the force of being blown out of the plane in the air or the impact of hitting the water at such force would be enough to severe limbs if it wasn't directly from the explosion. It's terrible talking about people's loved ones like this.

I just hope they can find all the remains Sky news UK is reporting a severed arm has been found along with suitcases and seats. From the AirAsia disaster I remember they got good information about what had occurred from the condition of the remains. Could a relatively small explosion from a can of soda blowing a hole in the plane for example be enough to bring the plane down if it was in a vulnerable area of the plane?

Just guessing but I would say YES because the pressure inside the cabin would force much more of a hole to open even if the hole started out small. Then the wind would also start to tear the hole larger. The plane is going hundreds of miles an hour.

So a hole starting out small could become very large hole in a short time.

My biggest fear right now given no responsibility has been claimed yet is this is not over!

I'm very concerned we are in for more terror attacks during the summer and not just on aircraft. There is great concern that the Euro football tournament in Paris France soon may be targeted too. We are living in very dangerous times now.

Just to lighten the load here. Many years ago we took our kids to Disneyworld a few times. On one trip we brought a Niece. She had never flown and was about 9 at the time. Thought we would let her have the window seat. I looked over at her during take off to make sure she was ok. She had her fingers on the window pushing in an upward motion. I asked what are u doing. She said opening the window LOL

I'm very concerned we are in for more terror attacks during the summer and not just on aircraft. There is great concern that the Euro football tournament in Paris France soon may be targeted too. We are living in very dangerous times now.

That we are. And we have Summer Olympics too. Not in Europe but still where many gather from many Nations.

This incident started out as a "A 10-inch-by-10-inch hole opened". Look at how much of the plane was missing by the time it landed.

The planes don't all do this but they could and they could be even worse and not be able to land when something penetrates the shell of a plane that is pressurized cabin.

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/2001/Jan/18/118localnews1.html

My biggest fear right now given no responsibility has been claimed yet is this is not over!

Hi B

I never thought about that - that makes sad sense.............

Hi B

I never thought about that - that makes sad sense.............

Hey you. It worries me greatly. If a bomb why no claim?
ETA- a lone wolf does not seem to fit IMO as one would need help in the building of it to getting it on the plane

I recall reading an article last year in which it was said that some security experts believe cruise ships will become targets.

I just hope they can find all the remains Sky news UK is reporting a severed arm has been found along with suitcases and seats. From the AirAsia disaster I remember they got good information about what had occurred from the condition of the remains. Could a relatively small explosion from a can of soda blowing a hole in the plane for example be enough to bring the plane down if it was in a vulnerable area of the plane?

Yea , and it also depends if it ruptures hydroliic lines, damages wiring, computers, which then lead to cockpit crew having no way to control it. If what they are saying (US) about sat imagery is the truth-in conjunction with the fact that remained on radar during the intial drop; it would seem that the first drop was the beginning of the accident sequence. ( as oppossed to this devasting explosion).

Whatever happened , it she held her structure somewhat in working order during the intial drop. I am guessing that by 10000 feet structural loading go so intense, that she started to disintergrate, hence the falling off radar - she was ripping apart, jut mo

Sadly prophetic photo- almost. Lovely young lady, RIP.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-hopes-loved-ones-survived.html#ixzz49CfIMPra
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I dont know guys, there is something about this. I am hoping a friend did it as joke, cause it really aint funny IMO.

Here's what we know so far:
-- Passenger belongings and aircraft parts were found 180 miles north of Alexandria, military says.
-- Plane swerved sharply then plunged from 37,000 feet to 10,000 feet after entering Cairo airspace, Greek officials say.

-- Cause of crash is more likely terrorism than technical fault, Egyptian and U.S. officials believe.
-- Airbus A320 made stops in Eritrea and Tunisia prior to taking off from Paris.

On this part I think it is just CNN being CNN - wrong ding ding! US is still maintaining sateliite did not show any huge heat returns.

Pretty sure this is what they are talking about when talking about not seeing any heat stuff on satelites.

Around 1:20

[video=youtube;UuWIv39_Sn4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuWIv39_Sn4[/video]

I recall reading an article last year in which it was said that some security experts believe cruise ships will become targets.

Yes that is a great worry too it wouldn't be difficult to fire a missile at one for example. I don't know how good the security is checking luggage and delivering catering & other supplies to ships for explosives.

Thanks to all of you for your posts with news updates and discussion. I hope you all have a nice weekend it's tragedies like this that remind us life is short & to do things you enjoy.

I shared yesterday that I was about to take my husband to the airport. Luckily I got him there very early. There was the tightest security there I have ever seen. Definitely has been ramped up because of the Egyptair crash. Barely stopped to let my husband out and they were waving me to drive away. My husband text to say they had several bomb-sniffing dogs checking the luggage. This is very unusual for our airport to show such presence.

Condolences to the families. So thankful they found the plane

Respectfully snipped -

been in service for more than 17 of the previous 24 hours before the crash, director of the Office of Accident Investigation and Prevention at the Federal Aviation Administration, called it “heavy utilization for that kind of aircraft.”

Yesterday, I was stunned to see how hard they were working her- and hey metal fatigue is real, she aint no spring chicken(!) in middle age. That kind of use is really hard on on planes. Its kinda like breathing! expand unexpand.

What is interesting here is that, if ,there was a fatigue crack, what has happened, is ,exactly what would have happened , if the rivot finally overstressed.

This was a very long time ago ! Just crusing along in cruise! But it was similiar deal , in that this poor lady was murdered(!) by its utilzation! UP down up down

Dont remember exactly , I think they flew for like 20- 23 minutes looking like this. On flight attendent was sucked out, everyone else survived- quite a flight huh? Great air conditoning tho!
localnews1.jpg

Welcome aboard WIND airlines..........enjoy the fresh air!
This incident started out as a "A 10-inch-by-10-inch hole opened". Look at how much of the plane was missing by the time it landed.

The planes don't all do this but they could and they could be even worse and not be able to land when something penetrates the shell of a plane that is pressurized cabin.

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/2001/Jan/18/118localnews1.html

I found an image that shows what happened. I can't imagine the stewardess being sucked into the hole while the plane is going 500+ MPH
Very scary to think planes are being flown way passed their prime! I personally don't travel much since 9/11 because I'm too disabled to go thru security to go on vacation. Last time I flew in 2007 I spent most of the trip recovering in the motel room jacuzzi

mattaustin.jpg

Sadly prophetic photo- almost. Lovely young lady, RIP.
View attachment 94923
View attachment 94924

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-hopes-loved-ones-survived.html#ixzz49CfIMPra

Have to say that her posting the photo is really strange considering the plane went down. Leads one to wonder how long she's been working there.

Have to agree that with MH370 that something could have been hacked.

Saying a prayer for your friend and her boyfriend.

Not sure if this has been posted- Hijacking description - Tuesday 29 March 2016. Registration: SU-GCB - C/n / msn: 2079

Narrative: - EgyptAir flight 181, a domestic flight from Alexandria to Cairo, was hijacked by a male passenger. The aircraft, an Airbus A320, departed Alexandria-Borg El Arab Airport (HBE) about 06:30 (04:30 UTC). The aircraft was descending towards Cairo International Airport when it was hijacked. The aircraft turned to the left and headed north. An uneventful landing was carried out on runway 04 at Larnaca Airport, Cyprus, at 07:45 hours (05:45 UTC). After landing the aircraft taxied to Apron 2, where it parked at the engine run area.
The hijacker, claiming to have an explosive belt, released all occupants except for the pilot, co-pilot, three cabin crew members and three passengers.
The hijacked was arrested about 14:45 hours local time (11:45 UTC).Airbus A320-232 EgyptAir - Fatalities: 0

O/T - nah, not really it is a discussion regarding aviation and incidents MAL qualifies IMO!

TYTYTY during MAL 370 I kept going there. And boy I got heat. Like I was a nutjob( might be- most of us in mental health are the craziest folks on the planet!).

But this notion that something that big (777) no way, I wanted to scream what do people think we have been doing with drones (they are not Radio Shack size) they are huge aircraft loaded with missles, being flown with a joy stick and two tv monitors from 6,275 miles away. Hello?

This is the truth ( I always try to find short videos)

[video=youtube;unv9C2t7f5c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unv9C2t7f5c[/video]

Ya wanna see extent of their use - (they are really called UAV's unmanned aerial vehicles)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unmanned_aerial_vehicles

two seats and suitcases were found - finding the seat is good, they can tell g forces way they sheared off etc from the legs.

Three French investigators and a technical expert from Airbus awesome

U.S. reconnaissance satellites did not detect evidence of a large flash or explosion aboard the EgyptAir A320 jetliner, ... Officials from a number of U.S. agencies told Reuters that a U.S. review of satellite imagery so far had not produced any signs of an explosion. But U.S. officials have cast doubt on these claims, stating that they have so far found no evidence of an explosion on board.The U.S. State Department has not yet issued a travel warning to Egypt, according to spokesman John Kirby in Washington.satellites doesn't point to a large-scale blast aboard the plane.

Remember yesterday the video of this huge fireball screeching across the night sky -- someones lying !!

Russia's top domestic security agency, Alexander Bortnikov, also claimed it was 'in all likelihood it was a terror attack'.

all potential debris located so far in the sea has been spotted by Egyptian aircraft.

Los Angeles International Airport became the first major U.S. air transportation hub to say it was stepping up security measures.

former chief of the BEA national investigation unit, said the lack of a live emergency alert meant it was almost certainly destroyed in a terror attack. 'A technical problem, a fire or a failed motor do not cause an instant accident and the team has time to react. I am very doubtful the head of BEA (french ntsb) would say that - it has happened before.

terror hotspots in Tunisia, Eritrea and Belgium in the days before the disaster, it has emerged. Never heard them described a hotspots like that.All destinations have been targeted by terror attacks or plagued by jihadist uprisings in recent months.

Meanwhile, Ethiopian authorities said last week that they had thwarted a terror attack by Eritrean jihadists who trained and armed in Asmara.

Tunis, in March last year when two Islamist militants stormed the Bardo Museum.

Paris airport authority has opened a crisis centre

Shortly after news of the disappearance broke, the Egyptair website crashed.

head of French internal intelligence, warned last week that ISIS was planning new attacks on France

: 'We risk being confronted with a new form of attack: a terrorist campaign characterised by leaving explosive devices in places where big crowds gather,

the presumed crash site covers some of the deepest water in the Mediterranean: a seabed basin that is more than 10,000 feet below t The currents in the area are also strong,

Flight 804 was Egypt’s third major air incident since October,

he Egyptian stock exchange plunged on Thursday

There certainly are reports that it broke apart in midair that I think are credible,.. “but the cause of that is still not known.

a month after the Russian plane attack in Sinai — the same Islamic State-linked faction posted a video purporting to show one of its members striking an Egyptian navy vessel with a shoulder-fired antiaircraft missile.

been in service for more than 17 of the previous 24 hours before the crash, director of the Office of Accident Investigation and Prevention at the Federal Aviation Administration, called it “heavy utilization for that kind of aircraft.”

Yesterday, I was stunned to see how hard they were working her- and hey metal fatigue is real, she aint no spring chicken(!) in middle age. That kind of use is really hard on on planes. Its kinda like breathing! expand unexpand.

What is interesting here is that, if ,there was a fatigue crack, what has happened, is ,exactly what would have happened , if the rivot finally overstressed.

This was a very long time ago ! Just crusing along in cruise! But it was similiar deal , in that this poor lady was murdered(!) by its utilzation! UP down up down

Dont remember exactly , I think they flew for like 20- 23 minutes looking like this. On flight attendent was sucked out, everyone else survived- quite a flight huh? Great air conditoning tho!
localnews1.jpg

Welcome aboard WIND airlines..........enjoy the fresh air!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/mystery-deepens-as-egyptair-plane-search-enters-second-day/2016/05/20/a4daf06c-1e04-11e6-82c2-a7dcb313287d_story.html

http://www.latimes.com/world/middleeast/la-egyptair-crash-updates-20160519-htmlstory.html

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-hopes-loved-ones-survived.html#ixzz49CjhR6aK

Regarding the photo of Aloha Airlines flight 243, I have flown that route from Hilo to Honolulu many times, but on Hawaiian Airlines. It was reported that one passenger upon boarding the plane noticed a crack. I don't know if this person just observed it or shared the information with anyone. Amazing that all survived except for poor Clarabelle.

http://daverytellsblog.blogspot.com/2005/06/story-of-clarabelle-lansing.html

I was thinking about the pingers yesterday. Get some darn boats in the water and try listening for the pingers. Immediately.

But no. They will wait about 30 days looking for the plane debri and then think about the pingers about the time they tell us the batteries on the pingers are about to run out. :)

IMO all that stuff about being on military radar 2 hours radar lost was actually the pingers - which is good they are working!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-hopes-loved-ones-survived.html#ixzz49CPOszAi

From the same article is this: "Officials from a number of U.S. agencies told Reuters that a U.S. review of satellite imagery so far had not produced any signs of an explosion."

I would think an explosion would be something that could be seen on satellite imagery, right? So...could be deliberate flying into the ocean?

IDK.

That is what I like about you folks!! When I read this I thought, oh no thats valid option here UGH

And out of all of it - that the US stance that no satelitte heat image was seen IF true (ha and leaders wonder us masses dont beleive a word they say) pesters me the most.

It true, then I do not think a bomb - I think it would be a loss of control event, for whatever reason, and the drama of terrorsim is more fun the media.

I have looked - it is so easy to find (and typically reported on) total number of flight cycles. Maybe today I will remember how I have gotten them! Yesterday intense huh?

But with the initial fall, if true , no explosion, it could be a skin fatigue crash.

If anyone remembers where the flight cycles are posted on every aircraft pls look she was registration number SU-GCC . --Emerates help here please!!! I started looking the night it broke but could not keep up so I stopped. TIA!!!!

Would also love to know when her last real maitenance check , not the garbage in every crash , that is pilot walking around to make sure the tires have air.

The ABCD ones! I will find a link for that in a minute

Regarding the photo of Aloha Airlines flight 243, I have flown that route from Hilo to Honolulu many times, but on Hawaiian Airlines. It was reported that one passenger upon boarding the plane noticed a crack. I don't know if this person just observed it or shared the information with anyone. Amazing that all survived except for poor Clarabelle.

http://daverytellsblog.blogspot.com/2005/06/story-of-clarabelle-lansing.html

Can . you . just. imagine. I have pondered what I would would do, when I first learned about this years ago! I went all over the place! If I was in a window seat would I try to get up and go back, The winds were 300 mph IN the cabin. But I could not breath, no roof for masks!

In watching aircraft disaster documentaries, I would move if I wanted to to another section, if there was a seat, and I thought based on what is occuring I think I have a better in chance in the front , middle back ha!!

On another domain, I meant to let each of you know you are personally responsible for the state of my kitchen sink. If you were not as interesting as you are my sink would not be in the condition it is!

I take no responsiblity, and eagerily await receipt of the free maid coupon!

And don't forget the Summer Olympics in Rio!

Don't mean to go O/T again but it sure is a different world and we rely on security being the best it can be. Anymore I feel like a sitting duck. I pay attention to where the exits are by counting seats. Use of the mask. I pretty much ignore the flotation device as i feel if I hit the water instructions are a moot point. Typically we fly out of Detroit yet sometimes it is Toronto. Last month 30 of us flew out of Detroit and other's from parts of U.S. and Canada to a destination for our Son's Wedding. Our Son and Bride To Be flew out earlier in the day. Most Family together later in the same day. Some friends had scattered flights. I never fear flying but given it was our Son's Wedding I just kept thinking please let us all get there safely. We did.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298
Back