Egypt Air flight 804 missing, 19 May 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It is a fondness and respect. Its like boats, hurricanes- !! I called my irobot vacuum Rhonda robit until she passed away!!!

I see, but unlike you I call everything it unless it is a person I know. For hurricanes I understand they have tio be named by law.

Same Tulessa, I'm still sitting with my big fat british dog sitting on me!!! Just waiting for our friend and wife who is a pilot to arrive for the evening. Looking forward to pumping him full questions. Hope you and your beautiful fur babies are well.

Couldn't agree more. I think that was Ethiopian Airlines that went down near Comeres. Put it this way if I had any of my crew posting that on Facebook they would be getting a written warning and have it removed immediately.

They keep saying they found the plane, but from what I can gather, only debris and other floating objects have been found, as well as a two mile long oil slick. Aren't they still searching for the location of the main plane wreckage?

Yes they will be.

My husband & I are celebrating our anniversary by going to Italy, with a stopover in Paris. I'm telling myself that the odds against anything bad happening again are low. I still wish I hadn't read this thread, tho.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Happy anniversary I hope you both have a great time. Try and not focus on this tragedy you will be very safe.

Baggage handlers are required to go through the check. Also, any food, beverages, merchandise are screened before it enters the secure side. But, the fbo, which handles fueling, contracted mechanics for some of the airlines, are not screened as they enter the inner perimeter through alternate gates. So many loop holes. Then again, I've worked here for 16 years, so before 911, and the thought is no matter how hard you try, the bad guys will find a way. The commercial airlines really try too. Any cargo to be shipped on them, that comes from their outside cargo facility is screened and check by our K-9's.

Thanks for your post I appreciate it.

Finally a sonar boat is going out to listen for the pings of the black boxes. It is going to take 2-3 days to reach the search area.

A French Navy patrol boat left the port of Toulon on Friday with sonar that can pick up the underwater “pings” emitted by the recording devices, but it will take the vessel two or three days to reach the area, the Associated Press reported. The recorders' batteries can transmit for 30 days.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2016/05/20/egyptair-flight-investigation/84640622/

This beggars belief surely it would have been a good idea to get the boat headed to where it was last located to save time immediately. That's several days off the 30 day black box located beacon lost. Let's hope to God they find the boxes soon I don't think I could handle another MH370 like search for boxes every day.

Does the A320 plane have a history of any past fires near the toilet at the front of the plane? I'm still on the fence about whether this is an electrical fault with the wiring on the plane for example and a tragic accident or a deliberate act.

In regards to the terrorist group now taking responsibility they may just be trying to take advantage of the situation for publicity.

Oh bravo we know the world has gone mad hubby and I watching TRUMP on TV presently.

Hi there,

Our pilot friend has just arrived for the weekend. I showed him that and he said that it indicated smoke in the FCU Flight Control Unit......he said that they would don their oxy masks and run their checklist. He showed me a picture of the flight deck whereby window 1 and window 2 sits above the FCU hence the first 2 warnings. For the lav smoke detector to go off he said the smoke must have been think. He said you would be best diverting to Crete....if it was a fire this could be easily managed. What he finds strange is that there were no other warnings going off it there was a large fire in another area. He said there would be a myriad of warnings. His finding it all a little suss.

Hi Greg ....just checked with my mate who a son the Airbus for many years and that's a negative.

Thanks Emirates. As an amateur armchair sleuth I am wondering if someone could have detonated a small explosive device in the toilet?

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Does the A320 plane have a history of any past fires near the toilet at the front of the plane? I'm still on the fence about whether this is an electrical fault with the wiring on the plane for example and a tragic accident or a deliberate act.

In regards to the terrorist group now taking responsibility they may just be trying to take advantage of the situation for publicity.

Here's a story about someone lighting fires in the toilet of an airbus on its way to Egypt, last year:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/t...-plane-flying-Birmingham-Sharm-el-Sheikh.html

But that didn't result in a crash.

An non-airbus story:
http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ied-fires-lit-etihad-airways-flight-australia

The smoke could be a coincidence and not the actual cause of the crash.

Thanks Emirates. As an amateur armchair sleuth I am wondering if someone could have detonated a small explosive device in the toilet?

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Our friend that is staying with us is actually from Tehran and spent many years flying freighters in the Middle East. Currently living in Australia and has gone from the Airbus to the 787, so he is a wealth of information. I have shown him the majority of wonderful information supplied by many others on the sight, his advice was hands down, any of these alerts do not bring an A/C down. Also mentioned up line that a window was opened, which not be done to vent an A/C at 37,0000 ft. Venting is done on or below 10,000 feet. Such a tragedy.

Here's a story about someone lighting fires in the toilet of an airbus on its way to Egypt, last year:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/t...-plane-flying-Birmingham-Sharm-el-Sheikh.html

But that didn't result in a crash.

An non-airbus story:
http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ied-fires-lit-etihad-airways-flight-australia

The smoke could be a coincidence and not the actual cause of the crash.
Crazy isn't it...I go back to when you could smoke on flights...once you were out of Aussie airspace you could light up with the last 4 rows dedicated to smokers. There are many travelers that will light up in the lav due to fear of flying and dispose of the butt in the bin. As I can only speak on behalf of our A/C there is an extinguisher in our lav bin (Im quite sure this would be the same for other carriers) providing the bin lid is flush with its surrounds a lav bin fire would be put out immediately.

:bump:

:thinking:

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

:banghead:

That tweet was made the day of the crash and is rubbish. There has been no credible claim by any group and IS in particular have very defined media release methods.

Likewise the "fireball video" is not footage of the crash and is more likely space debris burning up.

Additionally I personally take everything said by the Egyptian authorities with a pinch of salt. They're quick to point to terrorism this time because it means the finger of "blame"/"failure" points away from Egypt.

Smoke alarms are a common thing. Part of my job is declaring a code and dispatching ARFF (Airport Rescue Fire Fighters){they used to be called CFR which meant Crash Fire Rescue, but it was determined to be too negative of a title,} when an aircraft notifies the tower of a possible emergency. Thank goodness it has never caused a crash, just a follow up with an aircraft as it safely lands and goes to a safe area to be checked out. Honestly, many times the emergency declared is for a defective light bulb. Therefore, I go through about 10-15 minutes of a high adrenaline reaction to an exhausted state.

I have had hours (days) of training over the years to deal with a disaster of this magnitude, so, JMO, there is more involved here than a smoke alarm in the lav.

That tweet was made the day of the crash and is rubbish. There has been no credible claim by any group and IS in particular have very defined media release methods.

Likewise the "fireball video" is not footage of the crash and is more likely space debris burning up.

Additionally I personally take everything said by the Egyptian authorities with a pinch of salt. They're quick to point to terrorism this time because it means the finger of "blame"/"failure" points away from Egypt.

Not sure of the exact date, but in the last few days, a meteor was spotted over New England and video taped by many.

Smoke alarms are a common thing. Part of my job is declaring a code and dispatching ARFF (Airport Rescue Fire Fighters){they used to be called CFR which meant Crash Fire Rescue, but it was determined to be too negative of a title,} when an aircraft notifies the tower of a possible emergency. Thank goodness it has never caused a crash, just a follow up with an aircraft as it safely lands and goes to a safe area to be checked out. Honestly, many times the emergency declared is for a defective light bulb. Therefore, I go through about 10-15 minutes of a high adrenaline reaction to an exhausted state.

I have had hours (days) of training over the years to deal with a disaster of this magnitude, so, JMO, there is more involved here than a smoke alarm in the lav.

Totally agree whilst accredited with CASA 20.11 Emergency Procedures for all Tech n Flight Crew, it would appear that there was no primary fire in the lav bin

I agree , those bad terrorists, like all the rest of the world just cant be stopped! But an a unsafe plane -someones responsibility.

But since seeing ACARS, I def have some notions about "mechanical". IMO she was worked hard. But I thought , "you need to see if your conclusion has any merit"

So I went off sleuthing! Here is what I found out

My point of reference was only the 5 days on 24 Radar site.Typically tho planes go the same segments day after unless some interterupts the "plan".

We know she was up 17 hours with the 24 hours prior, and from radar site, this was relativy consistant'

Latest I could find was from 2014, and there are variables. Age, an airlines routes etc etc , but just to get an idea.

here is what i found :

Average Daily Airborne Hours of Total Operating Fleet

American 9.8 per day

Delta 10.5

NW not on chart ?

SW 11

jetblue 11.7

United not on chart?

11.3http://web.mit.edu/airlinedata/www/2014%2012%20Month%20Documents/Aircraft%20and%20Related/Total%20Fleet/Average%20Daily%20Block%20Hour%20Utilization%20of%20Total%20Operating%20Fleet.htm

Metal fatiage is more like tire wear than having anything to do with like engines. Frequency pressurize /depressurze.

Also we could have a intercontentiial flight with 17 hours in the air,and this aircraft with 17 hours in the air.Takeoff, climb,descent,landing are stressers.

If we were using identical aircraft types - the one with the short hops vs long run- the machine on the hops is def being stressed out much much more moo

more here it would not copy and paste!

https://books.google.com/books?id=6...MAhUJjz4KHUKUBsoQ6AEIRTAF#v=onepage&q&f=false

I googled it last night when I saw everyone talking about it, the video posted was real but the event was from 2015, so it was not new.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298
Back