Evidence of Heart Shaped Sticker on Duct Tape Destroyed

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That's a bandage, not tape. Two completely different things and used for different purposes.

A bandage would cover an injury or some other harm to one's person. The duct tape on Caylee covered the ultimate 'injury' or harm to her person. I see a correlation there.

I only read the first few posts. I'll catch up later as I'm researching something else regarding the case. But i'll toss in my half a cent, I suppose.

The heart shaped residue was shocking and appalling when it came out. There are no utterly disgusting words to properly describe it. If it is no more, I still don't see it as a problem though. The horrific thing in itself is putting duct tape on an innocent childs face and dumping them like trash (It's hard to type that). That in itself warrants the death penalty. Even if there is never any evidence of the residue produced at trial, the duct tape alone shows how sadistic and cruel casey anthony is. God bless precious Caylee.

Also, i'm a bit hazy on this but didn't the defense say a while ago that there was no evidence of a heart shaped sticker? I know, I know. Don't pelt tomatoes at me. Maybe they had this document long ago, or they just happened to get something right?

I only read the first few posts. I'll catch up later as I'm researching something else regarding the case. But i'll toss in my half a cent, I suppose.

The heart shaped residue was shocking and appalling when it came out. There are no utterly disgusting words to properly describe it. If it is no more, I still don't see it as a problem though. The horrific thing in itself is putting duct tape on an innocent childs face and dumping them like trash (It's hard to type that). That in itself warrants the death penalty. Even if there is never any evidence of the residue produced at trial, the duct tape alone shows how sadistic and cruel casey anthony is. God bless precious Caylee.

Also, i'm a bit hazy on this but didn't the defense say a while ago that there was no evidence of a heart shaped sticker? I know, I know. Don't pelt tomatoes at me. Maybe they had this document long ago, or they just happened to get something right?

BBM

Reagan, maybe, (LOL - no tomato pelting here)...... or maybe it is just another example of them blowing smoke. Them saying the evidence doesn't exist doesn't make it true.... But yes, the defense did say previously that there was no evidence of a heart sticker. But I would believe the detectives and lab tech and whoever else may have seen the residue long before I would believe anything any of the defense team have to say.

After all, they are trying to keep the murderer of a two year old little girl from receiving her just punishment.

BBM

Reagan, maybe, (LOL - no tomato pelting here)...... or maybe it is just another example of them blowing smoke. Them saying the evidence doesn't exist doesn't make it true.... But yes, the defense did say previously that there was no evidence of a heart sticker. But I would believe the detectives and lab tech and whoever else may have seen the residue long before I would believe anything any of the defense team have to say.

After all, they are trying to keep the murderer of a two year old little girl from receiving her just punishment.

Oh you are more than likely right. I was just sayin... :crazy:
I too believe the detectives and lab techs saw heart shaped residue. They are extremely credible and both OCSO and FBI have done a tremendous job.

The defense? Don't get me started. Obviously a noodle or two is gonna stick when you throw a whole pile of spaghetti at the wall.

Oh you are more than likely right. I was just sayin... :crazy:
I too believe the detectives and lab techs saw heart shaped residue. They are extremely credible and both OCSO and FBI have done a tremendous job.

The defense? Don't get me started. Obviously a noodle or two is gonna stick when you throw a whole pile of spaghetti at the wall.

BBM

I never have heard it put quite like that, but I like it!!! And I agree!!!! And they have certainly done their fair share of throwing anything and everything at the wall, haven't they?

Ha.. so true. Spaghetti aint the only thing they've been throwing at the wall...

Can you believe we've been hearing their bull for over a year? I get weary thinking of how much longer we have to listen to their bull. Andrea L said she's gotta whole lotta motions (a.k.a crap) up her sleeve. Sorry had to say it hehe

Reagan, you are a girl after my own heart (assuming you are female.... and yes, I do know how to spell assume!!!). I love your sense of humor!

It does truly make one very weary listening to the B.S. all of Camp KC has been telling over the last year.....

Reagan, you are a girl after my own heart (assuming you are female.... and yes, I do know how to spell assume!!!). I love your sense of humor!

It does truly make one very weary listening to the B.S. all of Camp KC has been telling over the last year.....

:hug: You are so sweet!! Thank for the compliment!!.....and yes I'm female. Reagan is my special pup. Special as in she's not the brightest bulb in an always-hit-your-head-on-coffee-table sorta way. :crosseyed: But her preciousness :angel: and cuteness :boing: makes up for for her uh.....condition. :o

Sorry mods for off topic

They were setting up a defense. Since the heart shape sticker wasn't attached, then there was no evidence that there was a heart shape sticker. The adhesive found, could have been from anything.

A heart shape sticker in that spot, would be horrible to deal with at trial for the defense.

Now that they have this document, I'm sure they are relieved. They no longer have to explain it way.

Since it's gone, it might not be entered into evidence at the trial. Neither side had a reason to force the issue.

For the SA, it opens the door to destroyed evidence charge. Might not set will with the jury.

For the Defense, it's kinda cold harded thing to do.

The defense might want it brought up in the trial, but for them to bring it up, brings creditence to it being 'real'. Which they want to disprove as being 'real"

The SA doesn't have to bring it up at trial. It would have been nice evidence for the pentality phase.

It was suppose to be another link from KC to the remains. Like they did with the tape, they were planning on doing with the adheisive resude. Which is why they took all those heart stickers from the house. To test all the reside, to possibly locate a batch of stickers like was found on the remains. Without the residue, then they can not continue that line of investigation. So there really is no reason for SA to bring it up at trial.

I don't think we will hear about it at trial.

I think we will hear the Defense talk about it greatly to the media, but not bring it up in court. I think the defense will use it as part of the destroyed evidence in court Motions. However, they would have to prove that it would have proved KC's innocents for it to matter.

Attorney Jose Baez's spokeswoman was reacting to reports that the FBI destroyed evidence of the sticker residue on the tape when they were testing it for fingerprints.

"When the FBI admits it destroyed evidence any reasonable legal mind must ask the question, was it ever there to begin with?" Marti MacKenzie said. "Our defense team has been saying for six months, absolutely not."

Orlando defense attorney Richard Hornsby said he believes prosecutors can still use similarity between the tape found on the child's skull with tape on a gas can from the Anthony home and detectives who saw residue of the sticker on the duct tape could testify it appeared to match stickers found in Casey Anthony's belongings.

"I'm not convinced Baez would be able to get this evidence excluded if it was destroyed in the process of trying to get a fingerprint," he said. "That is excusable conduct on the part of the state.

"I'm not convinced Baez would be able to get this evidence excluded if it was destroyed in the process of trying to get a fingerprint," he said. "That is excusable conduct on the part of the state."
http://www.wesh.com/news/21114372/detail.html

"I'm not convinced Baez would be able to get this evidence excluded if it was destroyed in the process of trying to get a fingerprint," he said. "That is excusable conduct on the part of the state."

Baez made it seem as if FBI intentionally destroyed evidence. Due to the elements of being in water for 6 months, they tried their best to get fingerprints, since it was destroyed during that process, it can be an excuseable reason..

Baez has insinuted wrong doing from the start. He has been trying to defame all those involved in solving this horrendous murder of a child. :furious:

Well Baez argument doesn't make a lick of sense anyway. Why would the FBI intentionally destroy a piece of evidence that would bolster the state's case? They wouldn't.

It's no different then samples of hair being completely used up for DNA and toxicology analysis. Which didn't happen in this case, considering the large amount of hair mass from Caylee. But I'm just giving an example of what's happened in other cases.

As another member astutely pointed out on another thread, Casey was arrested and indicted by a Grand Jury WAY before this evidence was unearthed, so at that point they thought had sufficient evidence to obtain a conviction..

I am just speechless at this new information.

I'm beyond the speechless phase on this case.

I have a 5 step program that I try to follow on all cases.

Call it Sleuthers Anon if you will.

1. Shocked

2. Stunned

3. Speechless

4. Sleuth mode (this lasts for quite some time be patient)

5. Solved

:twocents:

Well Baez argument doesn't make a lick of sense anyway. Why would the FBI intentionally destroy a piece of evidence that would bolster the state's case? They wouldn't.

It's no different then samples of hair being completely used up for DNA and toxicology analysis. Which didn't happen in this case, considering the large amount of hair mass from Caylee. But I'm just giving an example of what's happened in other cases.

Baez and Co. will use the destruction of the residue in 2 ways as their arguments evolve.
1. The state is trying to prove that my client is guilty by claiming there was residue and we only have their word that it was there, which is questionable-since no pictures were taken.
2. The state has done shoddy work in processsing this - therefore the results of any work done by the examiners for the state should questioned!

They will argue everything from lab conditions to chain of custody! It will be like the OJ trial all over again!:banghead:
I feel for all those involved-including LE, TES and their volunteer searchers, those working for the state in the processing of the horrific evidence that was discovered to KC's friends and acquaintances-for they will all have their testimony challenged on the stand. But, mostly I feel sorry for Caylee and the fact that she was born to such a monster-a true wolf in sheeps clothing!:furious:

Do we have any photos of AH's costume from the Anything but Clothes party?

I started thinking about AH's Facebook post to Casey about how Casey stole her duct tape.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18301938/detail.html

Then I started thinking, a woman is more likely to put a heart shaped sticker on duct tape than a man.
No sticker matched the shape from the Anthony house.

So, did LE look through AH's stuff to see if there was a sticker that might have matched the outline? Might the duct tape have originally been AH's? I know it was old duct tape, but we don't know where AH got hers -- it could have come from her dad or a theatrical workshop or Amy's school or the cruise ship she worked on - the possibilities are endless. Might the sticker have been hers and used for how she made it easy for herself to find the end of the tape or could there have been heart stickers on her duct tape costume from the Anything But Clothes party?

PR--the motion doesn't say that. It says "Police investigators photographed the duct tape and the remains before dismantling them. However, these photographs show various views of, and possibly various interpretations of the actual placement of the duct tape."

I think what the defense means is that photos taken from different angles, etc., can lead to various interpretations of where the duct tape actually was.

I think this is true if you just have one photo, but if you have lots of photos from different angles, you can tell where the tape actually was, and can probably even have a 3-D model (or virtual 3-D model on a computer) reconstructed from the photos.

I have to disagree with you there. The motion goes on to state:

"All that remains are photographs in which investigators improvise a variety of hypothetical arrangements for the duct tape and the remains of Caylee Anthony."

Page 12, first paragraph
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/20972702/detail.html

"...a variety of hypothetical arrangements for the duct tape and the remains of Caylee Anthony." indicates that the investigators took photos and manipulated the duct tape into several different arrangements. I think it's very clear that is what they did.

:waitasec: I thought about all this last night, and have decided that it really isn't that much to get upset about. Muzikman wrote here that there was a sort of book of bench notes etc. from the FBI and labs who did these tests. Bare with me here, if Baez and team has had this info, and has gone over it with a fine tooth comb, well is that all they could come up with. I feel that there is nothing to worry about. Justice for Caylee will prevail. Knowing this is all they could get from (thousands?) of pages has actually given me greater hope. Once again kudos to Muzikman for going that extra mile for us here at WS. Karma sometimes takes awhile. :crazy:

As always MOO

Although the heart sticker is important, no doubt, it may be that the duct tape itself is the cincher.

If this is Amy's tape, (the roll that CA took) and it is from her theatrical connections, it may be traceable to the dime! Gaffer's tape is likely quite different than your garden variety Lowe's duct tape for legal and environmental reasons. It is used in high temperature lighting conditions, movie productions, and around expensive camera and staging equipment.

If they can trace this tape to Amy and thus to Casey and the gas can, it's a win-win for the prosecution, even if the heart cannot be definitively traced.

Although the heart sticker is important, no doubt, it may be that the duct tape itself is the cincher.

If this is Amy's tape, (the roll that CA took) and it is from her theatrical connections, it may be traceable to the dime! Gaffer's tape is likely quite different than your garden variety Lowe's duct tape for legal and environmental reasons. It is used in high temperature lighting conditions, movie productions, and around expensive camera and staging equipment.

If they can trace this tape to Amy and thus to Casey and the gas can, it's a win-win for the prosecution, even if the heart cannot be definitively traced.

AH may just have had plain old duct tape, however. Not all theatrical productions use Gaffer's tape. A lot of times they just use whatever is cheapest or already around - especially if it is a school production or for a temporary and brief setup - where the show only runs for a night or two. But it does seem to me that LE should have contacted AH to see if she had any heart shaped stickers and if it was possible that Casey took one or if a heart shaped sticker was on the duct tape Casey took already.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back