Evidence of Heart Shaped Sticker on Duct Tape Destroyed

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm sure that this has been mention at some point, but it just came to me...
When I was in high school (don't do it anymore... don't want skin cancer) I went to the tanning bed a lot (especially before prom and senior pictures) and they always had these little stickers in different shapes (heart, dolphin, star, smiley-face, palm tree, etc) that you placed on your body before tanning to leave an intentionally un-tanned area. I did this every time I went because I wanted to see how dark I was getting and I thought it was kinda cool to have a temporary "tattoo" (since I wanted a real one and wasn't old enough, yet). KC seems to have that same type of vanity about her as well as the same level of immaturity. I just wonder if she ever did the whole "tanning-bed-heart-tattoo" thing??

Baez and Co. will use the destruction of the residue in 2 ways as their arguments evolve.
1. The state is trying to prove that my client is guilty by claiming there was residue and we only have their word that it was there, which is questionable-since no pictures were taken.
2. The state has done shoddy work in processsing this - therefore the results of any work done by the examiners for the state should questioned!

They will argue everything from lab conditions to chain of custody! It will be like the OJ trial all over again!:banghead:
Essies, I agree, I have sympathy for anyone who evercame near these kooks, and now they ( her friends & acquaintances) have to pay for legal defense . . just nuts.
Anyway, . . don't you think that there are many pictures of the duct tape, perhaps Not of the sticker outline per se'? My belief is that there were many many photos taken at the scene, when the body was discovered, that we know nothing about, am I right? Actually, given the time everything was battered by the elements, I'm amazed they have what they do.

This part is spin:

"When the FBI admits it destroyed evidence any reasonable legal mind must ask the question, was it ever there to begin with?" Marti MacKenzie said. "Our defense team has been saying for six months, absolutely not."

They just got this FBI report a few weeks ago, part of the 2000 pages we haven't seen yet!

I would tend to believe the FBI. Didn't the medical examiner see the tape along with the residue?

Baez and Co. will use the destruction of the residue in 2 ways as their arguments evolve.
1. The state is trying to prove that my client is guilty by claiming there was residue and we only have their word that it was there, which is questionable-since no pictures were taken.
2. The state has done shoddy work in processsing this - therefore the results of any work done by the examiners for the state should questioned!

They will argue everything from lab conditions to chain of custody! It will be like the OJ trial all over again!:banghead:
Essies, I agree, I have sympathy for anyone who evercame near these kooks, and now they ( her friends & acquaintances) have to pay for legal defense . . just nuts.
Anyway, . . don't you think that there are many pictures of the duct tape, perhaps Not of the sticker outline per se'? My belief is that there were many many photos taken at the scene, when the body was discovered, that we know nothing about, am I right? Actually, given the time everything was battered by the elements, I'm amazed they have what they do.

Yeah-I meant no picture of residue! I'm sure there are a plethora of other pictures-I think we have only seen the tip of the iceburg! My fantasy is that LDB and her co-counsels, Yuri and the other LE involved are reading hear and thinking "don't worry everyone-we got it covered"!
I don't have the slightest doubt that KC will be convicted-it's just a shame that anyone who came into contact with KC has been damaged in some way! With Caylee paying the ultimate price with her little life. But I believe, with all my heart, that Caylee did not die in vain! Her short little life has touched so many around the world and as we have seen here at WS! The little girl that KC wanted to dispose of and forget about will live in the hearts of millions long after KC has taken her last breath!:twocents:

I would tend to believe the FBI. Didn't the medical examiner see the tape along with the residue?

I did my research and found that the ME did not see the residue on the tape. The residue was only found by the FBI when analyzing the tape for fingerprints ect. They told YM this in a memo about the heart shape residue. Which is when they went back to the dump site and found the sticker.:sick:

I have to disagree with you there. The motion goes on to state:

"All that remains are photographs in which investigators improvise a variety of hypothetical arrangements for the duct tape and the remains of Caylee Anthony."

Page 12, first paragraph
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/20972702/detail.html

"...a variety of hypothetical arrangements for the duct tape and the remains of Caylee Anthony." indicates that the investigators took photos and manipulated the duct tape into several different arrangements. I think it's very clear that is what they did.

Huh? The fact that there was duct tape attached to Caylee's hair is evidence that is bad enough. I don't really get what all the manipulation talk is about - other than the Defense is trying to manipulate the public belief about it.

My concern is the proper identification of the one who put the tape on Caylee - not if it was there or not. I was hoping they had found her prints as that would be concrete evidence it was KC and not someone else.

Although the heart sticker is important, no doubt, it may be that the duct tape itself is the cincher.

If this is Amy's tape, (the roll that CA took) and it is from her theatrical connections, it may be traceable to the dime! Gaffer's tape is likely quite different than your garden variety Lowe's duct tape for legal and environmental reasons. It is used in high temperature lighting conditions, movie productions, and around expensive camera and staging equipment.

If they can trace this tape to Amy and thus to Casey and the gas can, it's a win-win for the prosecution, even if the heart cannot be definitively traced.

This is discussed on another thread. It was not gaffer's tape that was found - it was duct tape with a logo. They found some of the same tape on the A's gas can.

Yeah-I meant no picture of residue! I'm sure there are a plethora of other pictures-I think we have only seen the tip of the iceburg! My fantasy is that LDB and her co-counsels, Yuri and the other LE involved are reading hear and thinking "don't worry everyone-we got it covered"!
I don't have the slightest doubt that KC will be convicted-it's just a shame that anyone who came into contact with KC has been damaged in some way! With Caylee paying the ultimate price with her little life. But I believe, with all my heart, that Caylee did not die in vain! Her short little life has touched so many around the world and as we have seen here at WS! The little girl that KC wanted to dispose of and forget about will live in the hearts of millions long after KC has taken her last breath!:twocents:

BBM

essies, what a completely awesome thing to say. I so agree with you!

AH may just have had plain old duct tape, however. Not all theatrical productions use Gaffer's tape. A lot of times they just use whatever is cheapest or already around - especially if it is a school production or for a temporary and brief setup - where the show only runs for a night or two. But it does seem to me that LE should have contacted AH to see if she had any heart shaped stickers and if it was possible that Casey took one or if a heart shaped sticker was on the duct tape Casey took already.

I don't think LE had to look further than the Anthony residence where they found the same duct tape on the gas can and a house full of heart drawings, doodles and heart stickers.

I don't think LE had to look further than the Anthony residence where they found the same duct tape on the gas can and a house full of heart drawings, doodles and heart stickers.

But LE didn't find a match for the heart sticker at the Anthony house. Since it is known that AH had duct tape for her duct tape costume that Casey supposedly "stole" wouldn't it make sense that perhaps Casey also appropriated a heart shaped sticker from AH or even some other friend? With Casey's history of taking things that don't belong to her, I would think LE would want to look into this.

I feel for all those involved-including LE, TES and their volunteer searchers, those working for the state in the processing of the horrific evidence that was discovered to KC's friends and acquaintances-for they will all have their testimony challenged on the stand. But, mostly I feel sorry for Caylee and the fact that she was born to such a monster-a true wolf in sheeps clothing!:furious:

Agree with everything you say 100%. I too feel mostly for Caylee, but take comfort knowing she is in Good Hands now. I also feel sorry for FL taxpayers, and the slew of KCs victims (i.e. her ex-friends) who have at least another year to continue re-living this, and then try and move on with their lives afterwards.

This will absolutely (hate that word hehe) be another OJ like trial, but Baez is nowhere close to a Johnny Cochran, as much as he'd like to be. I don't care how many big guns are in his corner. Instead of being a competent lawyer and getting a plea bargain for his client, he wants to drag this out for his own selfish intentions/notoriety and is clearly gambling with his clients life.
I don't believe he's ignorant enough to think he can get KC out of this mess when this is clearly a slam dunk case for the State, IMO. but he is sure gonna take a shot with her life and this case to become the next "Johnny Cochran" so to say.

I can't imagine after all is said and done that anyone in their right mind would hire Baez... but funnier things happen... I mean even Geragos still gets work after his ridiculous claims in the Scott P case.

I'd rather hire an ape to defend me than the likes of these characters. :loser:

Do we have any photos of AH's costume from the Anything but Clothes party?

I started thinking about AH's Facebook post to Casey about how Casey stole her duct tape.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18301938/detail.html

Then I started thinking, a woman is more likely to put a heart shaped sticker on duct tape than a man.
No sticker matched the shape from the Anthony house.

So, did LE look through AH's stuff to see if there was a sticker that might have matched the outline? Might the duct tape have originally been AH's? I know it was old duct tape, but we don't know where AH got hers -- it could have come from her dad or a theatrical workshop or Amy's school or the cruise ship she worked on - the possibilities are endless. Might the sticker have been hers and used for how she made it easy for herself to find the end of the tape or could there have been heart stickers on her duct tape costume from the Anything But Clothes party?

Since no one at the FBI took a picture of the shape on the duct tape or even drew it out, how can we know if anything from the Anthony house matched that shape? I think it is quite likely that the sticker used on the duct tape was the one that matched the empty sticker backing that was carefully cut out with scalloped-edged scissors and placed on the top of a shoebox full of Caylee memorabilia in Casey's closet. This sticker backing was found during the search of the A. house. Kind of odd to keep a sticker backing in such a special way...unless you used the sticker in a way that was (1) also very special but (2) used on something you would never see again.

I have to disagree with you there. The motion goes on to state:

"All that remains are photographs in which investigators improvise a variety of hypothetical arrangements for the duct tape and the remains of Caylee Anthony."

Page 12, first paragraph
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/20972702/detail.html

"...a variety of hypothetical arrangements for the duct tape and the remains of Caylee Anthony." indicates that the investigators took photos and manipulated the duct tape into several different arrangements. I think it's very clear that is what they did.

OK, I see what you mean about the allegation being made by the defense--thanks. Not that there would be anything wrong with taking such pictures, so long as there were also pictures taken BEFORE anything was moved. Which I'm quite sure there were!

But LE didn't find a match for the heart sticker at the Anthony house. Since it is known that AH had duct tape for her duct tape costume that Casey supposedly "stole" wouldn't it make sense that perhaps Casey also appropriated a heart shaped sticker from AH or even some other friend? With Casey's history of taking things that don't belong to her, I would think LE would want to look into this.

I found this LE supplemental report in which Amy says she can't recall Casey having any "packing supplies" (i.e. duct tape). So, they did ask about the tape. The reference is on hand-numbered page 3380.

Since Amy cooperated fully with LE, I believe she would have told them if she had heart-shaped stickers of any type. After all, she was already pressing charges for the theft of her checks. Why would she withhold vital information about a sticker that LE was so seriously interested in?

Since no one at the FBI took a picture of the shape on the duct tape or even drew it out, how can we know if anything from the Anthony house matched that shape? I think it is quite likely that the sticker used on the duct tape was the one that matched the empty sticker backing that was carefully cut out with scalloped-edged scissors and placed on the top of a shoebox full of Caylee memorabilia in Casey's closet. This sticker backing was found during the search of the A. house. Kind of odd to keep a sticker backing in such a special way...unless you used the sticker in a way that was (1) also very special but (2) used on something you would never see again.

You're kidding me. I totally missed that one. Sure, I remember all the evidence photos of many heart stickers, outlines, arts and crafts, etc... I sure don't remember the discussion about that! Thanks for that info.

I'm gonna go through the pics again on wftv to find this, but any help is appreciated.

I found this LE supplemental report in which Amy says she can't recall Casey having any "packing supplies" (i.e. duct tape). So, they did ask about the tape. The reference is on hand-numbered page 3380.

Since Amy cooperated fully with LE, I believe she would have told them if she had heart-shaped stickers of any type. After all, she was already pressing charges for the theft of her checks. Why would she withhold vital information about a sticker that LE was so seriously interested in?

Wait...Amy told LE Casey didn't have any duct tape, but in her Facebook message to Casey she accused Casey of stealing duct tape? Huh????

Link please?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back