EVIDENCE - Pro and Con

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WHY does LE think she was killed at PTL? Was that based on DNA evidence they originally thought came from SM's truck, but actually was from HE's car? If so, what kind of DNA evidence was that? It would have to be blood to make an assumption that she was MURDERED at PTL and not just kidnapped from there, right?? And if it was blood, and it was HE's blood, originally thought to be in SM's truck (and enough to indicate death had occurred at PTL??), but it was actually in HE's car, why was she bleeding in her car?

Unless the DNA was only hair, but then if it was only hair, why so sure she was killed there and not just kidnapped from there?

What made them so sure she was killed at PTL??????

I'd like to know how thoroughly HE's apartment was searched for any evidence the Moorers might have been inside and if a murder could have occurred there. Were cadaver dogs used inside her apartment? Were they used on her own car?

How far away is HE's apartment from the pay phone? Could HE have gotten in her car and picked SM up and taken him back to her apt? Could he have walked to her apt?

Starr, it's on the social media thread. When you see it you realize that coming from behind the dumpster is a big deal.
BBM: Aaaargh. Social Media Thread too? I'm never going to get caught up.

I swear there was just a photo posted of the Kangaroo station here and I came back to look at it again and it is gone. Did anyone else see it?

I did...I think PeterThomasFan posted it? Not sure,but I saw it.

Seems most of the people swayed by the bond hearing that TM and SM may be innocent don't realize this was JUST a bond hearing. The defense said what they wanted. They actually lied or at least misrepresented the facts without any opportunity for cross examination. I still feel there is enough evidence to go to trial and let's see what else they have. The only reason I could see to not go to trial is to let TM continue to hang herself. This BOND hearing did give all the M supporters reason to be all happy as they think this was the trial. It wasn't and they will be convicted. I feel good about this case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO
I don't think anyone thinks they are innocent! I do believe everyone is shocked at the lack of evidence and feel pretty much
deceived.
I also feel the LE was under a lot of stress to get these two behind bars there was a lot going on with them.

After reading chatter elsewhere, these are questions going through my head....

Wonder how the DNA evidence got so mixed up when the samples would have been taken, presumably, two months apart from each other? Heather's car was, I assume, processed rather quickly. But not the Moorers' vehicles, right?

Do we have the whole truth and nothing but the truth about the phone calls that night and the timeline? Was there a call to a family member around 3AM that has been forgotten about? I've even seen it suggested her final call was to a family member, not SM, and it also was originally reported her phone was active until 6AM.

People are making a big deal about the discrepancy in her date's timeline of when he dropped her off. I don't really understand why.

Why did Chief Rhodes say this? (taken from a post/timeline made by Okiegranny last year):
Mar 17 (video) — Horry County Police Chief Saundra Rhodes: "The manner in which this crime was committed is one of the more heinous crimes that I have been involved with since being with the Horry County Police Department."

“Hey sweetie ready to meet the Mrs.,” Tammy Moorer texted to Elvis, who only responded twice during that time period.

“I think you are a little obsessed with me. I’m nobody you need to worry about anymore,” Elvis said in a return text on Nov. 1. Five days later, Tammy Moorer texted her again: “by the way dad no longer owns a phone.” This time, Elvis responded only with a period

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/20...imony-weaves-a-tale-of-how.html#storylink=cpy

This was an interesting article!

The video taken from the house, which is 1.7 miles from the Moorer’s home, showed a pickup truck going to the boat landing at 3:36 a.m. Dec. 18, Elder said. At the business, which is a mile from the first camera and closer to the landing, the vehicle passes at 3:39 a.m.

At 3:45 a.m., the business video shows the truck traveling back toward the Moorer home. Less than a minute later the truck speeds by the house toward the Moorer home, Elder said

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/20...imony-weaves-a-tale-of-how.html#storylink=cpy

It takes 3 minutes to go from camera A to camera B (one mile) on the way to PTL. It only takes a minute to go from camera B to camera A (one mile) on the way home. 3 minutes is a very long time to only go a mile in a vehicle. It was during that time that HE was calling SM's phone repeatedly. Did he/she slow down to attempt to answer the call?

Truck passes camera B on the way to PTL at 3:39. Article says this camera is "closer" to PTL, but doesn't say how close. 3:41, HE's phone goes dead. So between the truck being seen on camera at 3:39, to 2 minutes later at 3:41, something happened very quickly. I believe the phone had to be ripped out of her hands and thrown into the water.

Would love to hear descriptions of any other vehicles seen on those two cameras the night. Did HE go to meet SM at PTL and someone (TM? another person?) was already there and she was frantically calling SM to tell him his crazy wife was already there about to kill her?

It takes 3 minutes to go from camera A to camera B (one mile) on the way to PTL. It only takes a minute to go from camera B to camera A (one mile) on the way home. 3 minutes is a very long time to only go a mile in a vehicle. It was during that time that HE was calling SM's phone repeatedly. Did he/she slow down to attempt to answer the call?

Truck passes camera B on the way to PTL at 3:39. Article says this camera is "closer" to PTL, but doesn't say how close. 3:41, HE's phone goes dead. So between the truck being seen on camera at 3:39, to 2 minutes later at 3:41, something happened very quickly. I believe the phone had to be ripped out of her hands and thrown into the water.

Would love to hear descriptions of any other vehicles seen on those two cameras the night. Did HE go to meet SM at PTL and someone (TM? another person?) was already there and she was frantically calling SM to tell him his crazy wife was already there about to kill her?

I think it was TM. It appears TM had SM's phone and had it password protected once HE started calling him TM went into action IMO

I think he snuck out and called her from pay phone then went home.
An Hr later HE calls the pay phone and gets no ans so calls his cell which im sure Tammy saw. Im thinking HE left a message for him to meet her at PTL and off she went and met up with TM not SM.

From the article Eileen730 posted: My comments will be in bold.

Sidney Moorer spoke to Elvis from the payphone for more than four minutes.

Elvis called a friend after the call and said Sidney Moorer was leaving his wife and wanted to resume their relationship, Elder said. After the phone call with Sidney Moorer, Elvis remained at home. How are they sure she remained at home? Are they sure she had no visitors?

At 2:29 a.m. , she called the payphone back (are they POSITIVE Heather was the one using her phone? If she had a visitor to her home, say one that might have barged in, they could have insisted to see the phone and dialed the last number that called her to see what this number was.....for example, that person could have wondered if it could be a burner phone not known about), but no one answered. Elvis, who was still at her home (how do they know???), then called Sidney Moorer’s cell phone at 3:16 a.m. and again a minute later (who called SM's phone from HE's phone? Definitely Heather? Maybe not.) During that call, someone answered the phone and there was a 4:15 minute conversation.

Both Tammy and Sidney Moorer were at their home with the cell phone and Elvis was at her home, Elder said. (How do they know this to be fact???) But based on that conversation, Elvis got in her car and drove to the boat landing, Elder told the court. (Again, how do they know this?? Heather is not here to tell us this, and the Moorers are not saying that!)

At 3:38 a.m. , Elvis’ phone records show her phone was at the boat landing. From there, she (she?? well, someone did) called Sidney Moorer’s phone. She (she??) called it three more times a minute later, no answer.

At 3:41 a.m. Elvis’ phone stops sending data signals to cell phone towers or to a GPS backup connected to a Google account, Elder said.

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/20...-weaves-a-tale-of-how.html?rh=1#storylink=cpy

I think he snuck out and called her from pay phone then went home.
An Hr later HE calls the pay phone and gets no ans so calls his cell which im sure Tammy saw. Im thinking HE left a message for him to meet her at PTL and off she went and met up with TM not SM.

If he snuck out, then why would he have to come from behind the dumpsters to the phone?

Maybe they could re-create the surveillance video of the truck actually using SMs truck on a night with similar conditions? Then show the jury that they look exactly the same?

If he snuck out, then why would he have to come from behind the dumpsters to the phone?

he probably thought his wife was looking for him.
We don't really know if he came from behind the dumpsters or the big brick wall that housed the dumpster.

Why do I feel like it was said that SM and TM were in the truck together when the call was made to Heather?

I would like to know why they are so sure HE drove her own car to PTL. And that SM were both at their home when those calls were made. Or that HE was the one in possession of her phone.

I'm starting to think HE was murdered in her home somehow, either by SM who went to her house after that pay phone call, or by TM in a jealous rage. If SM, it doesn't really make sense why he'd use HE's phone to call the payphone.

But, it could have gone down like this:

SM and TM get home from their "date" (gag), maybe around 1AM. They get into a fight. Maybe SM accidentally moaned Heather's name during their second escapade. SM leaves in a vehicle to go blow off steam. Makes his way to the pay phone since TM has his phone under lock and key, and calls Heather, whose number he curiously has memorized. (Who memorizes numbers anymore?) The conversation goes how the friend said it did, but HE refuses to see him. SM leaves the payphone and continues just driving around, not wanting to go home, maybe stops somewhere for a drink. TM is at home stewing that he left and she's drunk and crazy like, thinking he must have gone to see HE, so she goes over to HE's apartment around 2AM and confronts her, but SM is not there. Maybe rang the doorbell and barged in, middle of the night so neighbors didn't see/hear her. At some point TM overpowers tiny Heather and strangles her. Then she panics. At some point, whether it was when HE was still alive, or maybe after, she looks at HE's phone and calls the pay phone.....she knows HE talked to SM since HE told her she did, so she's trying to track down SM to get his help disposing of Heather--and of course blame him for this. He's not answering because he's no longer there. Tammy is still panicking and tidies up Heather's apartment if there was a scuffle/anything out of place. At 3:16, she hopes SM is home by now, so she tries his cell phone, which is at the Moorer residence. She uses Heather's phone. SM didn't pick up the first time, but he did pick up the second time. She tells him what happened and they concoct this quick plan to take Heather's car to PTL and abandon it, making people think she drowned herself or something. TM either gets Heather into HE's car somehow (suitcase?) or leaves her in her apartment and they return there at some point to retrieve the body (super risky). TM gets to PTL and frantically calls SM to tell him she's there, hurry up, hurry up! He arrives, they chuck the phone and keys in the water, quickly move Heather's body from her own car to the back of the truck (in a tarp??) and leave. Or they put her in the water and got really lucky that she has not surfaced. Wouldn't have been enough time to weigh it down, etc. (Or if her body is still at the apartment, they have to figure out a way to get it and make their way back there at some point and get her). At some point later that morning (i.e. 5:30 a.m.) they go get Tammy's car from Heather's house. Either SM drives her there or another family member does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angelicamcolon