EVIDENCE - Pro and Con

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a link to the Kangaroo photo:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...cial-media-discussion&p=11451418#post11451418

If SM really was hiding from TM to call Heather maybe he parked on the other side of the store, told her he was going to go pee in the woods and snuck over to the phone to call her? Could SM have done this whole thing himself?

Trying to get ready for the Super Bowl, but can't quit thinking about this case. I only got into it today so forgive my limited knowledge. I kind of think these 2 idiots (the M's) thought that SM could avoid the camera at the convenience store by creeping up on it (did they?), that since he wasn't using his cell, no one would know that he called her using a pay phone. Their plan was blown when she tried calling him back on said pay phone. I'm guessing they thought HE would just jump in her car and go to meet SM. But she called her roomie, tried his cell, unfortunately went there, then tried calling him 3 times since she got there before they did. They didn't count on that happening. I just hope he doesn't take the fall for this evil witch. It was all his car, his phone - she will sell him down the river IMO.

Even if HE hadn't tried calling SM back on the payphone, the payphone # from his initiated call was still on her call log on her cell phone so LE would have known that payphone was used regardless and LE would have gotten the CCTV video from that night and been able to see who made the call.. And even if HE had never attempted to call SM back, the fact that she did call her roommate in FL and tell the roommate who had just called her and what he said would also have come out.

Even if HE hadn't tried calling SM back on the payphone, the payphone # from his initiated call was still on her call log on her cell phone so LE would have known that payphone was used regardless and LE would have gotten the CCTV video from that night and been able to see who made the call.. And even if HE had never attempted to call SM back, the fact that she did call her roommate in FL and tell the roommate who had just called her and what he said would also have come out.

You are right, and so were others way before I got that little tidbit out - I had to go back and read some more. My apologies to TTIF and Dixie, others who got this and have been on top of it more than me. This was my way of walking myself through it for once. I am just amazed at the stupidity of it all. Everybody is on camera/phone and can be tracked everywhere, almost...this reminds me of the Pedro Bravo case. Just so much jealousy and hate. Yeesh!

O/T - meant to say to Madeleine that I LOVE you avatar. Had a cat just like that, too cute!

Two separate murder cases in my area did not have DNA or any physical evidence tying the perp to the murders and both killers got convicted. Both of course appealed their cases. 1 got overturned then the killer took a 2nd degree plea and the other is awaiting to be heard by the NC Supreme Court. But DNA was not needed to convict in either case, is the point.

Judges and prosecution teams instruct the jury about evidence and they walk them through how to evaluate the evidence and the state shows the jury why they can convict based on the evidence presented.

But did they have the bodies?

But did they have the bodies?

Yes.

Both were murdered wives, murdered by their spouses.

One spouse was found 3 mi from home, tossed mostly nude near a drainage ditch of a new sub-development under construction. No DNA or physical evidence at all linked her husband to her murder, but an FBI cyber-taskforce found evidence on his work computer in which he had Googled the exact spot his wife's body was found... this search was done about 12 hours before the wife was killed.

The other wife, 5 months pregnant, was found in the master bedroom of the home with more than 30 blows to her head and face, teeth knocked out. The couple's 2 yr old daughter was unharmed and was found in the bed, hiding under the covers, and acted out a few days later at daycare with some dolls, what appeared to be her mommy being killed. Someone had not hurt the child and actually tended to the child. The husband was conveniently less than 3 hours driving time away at the time of the murder.

Honestly, if people are now partially or fully convinced the state doesn't have proof of a murder let alone proof that either or both of the M's committed this crime, then those who feel that way and who are citizens of the state of SC should be demanding that Horry County Solicitors drop murder charges immediately.

What more is there to say?

If a 30 min discourse by 2 defense attorneys is all that is needed to create doubt, then why try the case at all? Those of you in SC are the tax payers. As such you have a right to be heard and a right to demand the charges be dropped since you are paying the salaries of your public officials.

Do we know if HE's apartment was secured and searched for evidence? And since TE took her car back from PTL, even if it was secured later any evidence found there would be moot, right?

I think that without solid inclusion or exclusion of evidence from these 2 locations, the LE version of events is easier to poke reasonable doubt holes in. Not good.

Do we know if HE's apartment was secured and searched for evidence? And since TE took her car back from PTL, even if it was secured later any evidence found there would be moot, right?

I think that without solid inclusion or exclusion of evidence from these 2 locations, the LE version of events is easier to poke reasonable doubt holes in. Not good.
Yes, HE's apartment was searched.

IIRC, HE's car was processed after TE drove it home. With gloves on might I add.

Would have been nice to know how seat was positioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Sorry for any typos!

Honestly, if people are now partially or fully convinced the state doesn't have proof of a murder let alone proof that either or both of the M's committed this crime, then those who feel that way and who are citizens of the state of SC should be demanding that Horry County Solicitors drop murder charges immediately.

What more is there to say?

If a 30 min discourse by 2 defense attorneys is all that is needed to create doubt, then why try the case at all? Those of you in SC are the tax payers. As such you have a right to be heard and a right to demand the charges be dropped since you are paying the salaries of your public officials.

I hate to say I agree about dropping charges, but I am leaning that way. Better to have another chance later than not. I grew up there and am the same age as TM (totally don't know her though-rival school!). I read not only a lot of the public social media comments and posts, but same on people I know are both intimate and peripheral to the case. I am amazed at the level of seeds of doubt planted after the hearing. Swift, but failed justice is useless. Sadly, some families have to wait years and years for justice, but ultimately isn't that better than the alternative?

[QUOTE=PeterThomasFan: "Yes, HE's apartment was searched.

IIRC, HE's car was processed after TE drove it home. With gloves on might I add.

Would have been nice to know how seat was positioned. "

Was it searched thoroughly for evidence of a crime, like the M/C properties, with things being removed for evaluation, or was it searched for any visual signs of where she was? I don't remember reading specifics but they should have been out there as it would be before the gag order.

And for what it's worth, just having gloves on wasn't enough, IMO.

I hate to say I agree about dropping charges, but I am leaning that way. Better to have another chance later than not. I grew up there and am the same age as TM (totally don't know her though-rival school!). I read not only a lot of the public social media comments and posts, but same on people I know are both intimate and peripheral to the case. I am amazed at the level of seeds of doubt planted after the hearing. Swift, but failed justice is useless. Sadly, some families have to wait years and years for justice, but ultimately isn't that better than the alternative?

BBM--I don't think the seeds of doubt have anything to do with the 30 min. discourse by the defense. Has nothing to do with the Judge or how long the Judge gave either side. The public was given false and misleading information about key evidence in the case. There is no excuse for that, IMO.

BBM--I don't think the seeds of doubt have anything to do with the 30 min. discourse by the defense. Has nothing to do with the Judge or how long the Judge gave either side. The public was given false and misleading information about key evidence in the case. There is no excuse for that, IMO.
True, but we were not privy to any or all of the correct actual evidence to be used, since the state didn't get the same courtesy as the defense. Either the lab screwed up or LE reading the report screwed up regarding whose vehicle the DNA was found in. Mistakes happen. It doesn't change anything to me. I'd still need to see EVERYTHING that would be presented in court to make a decision. Anyone who can't manage that some information outside of court might be incorrect should not be a juror (because they are easily swayed by items not yet in evidence). As always, JMO.

True, but we were not privy to any or all of the correct actual evidence to be used, since the state didn't get the same courtesy as the defense. Either the lab screwed up or LE reading the report screwed up regarding whose vehicle the DNA was found in. Mistakes happen. It doesn't change anything to me. I'd still need to see EVERYTHING that would be presented in court to make a decision. Anyone who can't manage that some information outside of court might be incorrect should not be a juror (because they are easily swayed by items not yet in evidence). As always, JMO.

Thank-you, but, I was not swayed by items not yet in evidence regarding this case. I would hope that EVERYONE would still need to see EVERYTHING presented in court before making a decision. We are not in a court-room setting here. I addressed a comment made about public opinion.

Thank-you, but, I was not swayed by items not yet in evidence regarding this case. I would hope that EVERYONE would still need to see EVERYTHING presented in court before making a decision. We are not in a court-room setting here. I addressed a comment made about public opinion.
Yes, and that was my point. That anyone in the public who can't manage that some information outside of court might be incorrect should not be a juror.

Yes, and that was my point. That anyone in the public who can't manage that some information outside of court might be incorrect should not be a juror.

I have quoted your comment. BBM-Have you been swayed by any information not yet in evidence regarding this case? I think most everyone that has followed this case has been swayed one way or the other.

Anyone who can't manage that some information outside of court might be incorrect should not be a juror (because they are easily swayed by items not yet in evidence). As always, JMO.

Seems most of the people swayed by the bond hearing that TM and SM may be innocent don't realize this was JUST a bond hearing. The defense said what they wanted. They actually lied or at least misrepresented the facts without any opportunity for cross examination. I still feel there is enough evidence to go to trial and let's see what else they have. The only reason I could see to not go to trial is to let TM continue to hang herself. This BOND hearing did give all the M supporters reason to be all happy as they think this was the trial. It wasn't and they will be convicted. I feel good about this case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems most of the people swayed by the bond hearing that TM and SM may be innocent don't realize this was JUST a bond hearing. The defense said what they wanted. They actually lied or at least misrepresented the facts without any opportunity for cross examination. I still feel there is enough evidence to go to trial and let's see what else they have. The only reason I could see to not go to trial is to let TM continue to hang herself. This BOND hearing did give all the M supporters reason to be all happy as they think this was the trial. It wasn't and they will be convicted. I feel good about this case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I honestly think people grasp that a bond hearing is not a murder trial, including the M supporters. What I understand some posters to be saying is they're surprised there is no DNA, and the state's case in several areas does not seem to be what it appeared to be, or was claimed to be. The solicitor remarks after the hearing have cast additional doubt.

For my own part, I've had only provisional confidence since the arrest.

I do think they could walk. And I think the bond was an obstacle the defense sought to overcome, and now that it has, it's on to other motions. But I'm unwilling to say they'll be acquitted, convicted, or face no trial since I've not heard the complete case of either side.

However, I continue to submit that the claim she was killed at PTL is a problem for the state, and they've committed themselves to an extremely tight timeline that drops off right after Heather hung up her phone and was promptly killed and prepared for transport in under 3 minutes, and seems to have her body vaporizing somewhere between the landing and the M's property. Or we may hear at trial that they drove past their home to the disposal site no one can find.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members