Evidence revealed during the course of the Wrongful Death action

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Lucy, please provide a link to the search warrant and/or police report for this book you keep posting about.

^ As you probably know, there is no link because the investigative files and all of the search warrants have never been released (except to Ann Rule, and the Plantiffs and Defendants). It appears to have been noted in the report on Rebecca's death, and we just learned about it in Nina Romano's Answer to the SAC:

From page 3:

BBM

6. This answering Defendant is informed and believes and thereon alleges that with

the belief that Maxfield was unlikely survive and having accessed a voice mail message left by

Jonah Shacknai in the early hours of July 13, 2011, Rebecca Zahau proceeded to find a water sport

style rope at the 1043 Ocean Boulevard house which she cut into three pieces. She fashioned two

of the pieces into ankle and wrist bindings that were lose and could easily be slipped into. She

tied the other, longer length of rope using a simple slip loop to one of the legs and frame of the

bed in the small bedroom adjacent to the balcony over which she hung herself. Defendant is

further informed that the Sheriffs Department noted the presence of a book on rope binding

practices in the room which Rebecca Zahau used as an office, the same room from where she hung herself.

Absolutely. And also accusing her of murder. Perjury is nothin' when one probably realizes that prison time is in the future.

This is a civil case for $. When it is over, Rebecca's death will still be ruled a suicide, the Zahaus will be much poorer instead of richer, and Nina Romano will be found not responsible for Rebecca's self-murder.

Oh, you know. lol. Like when nina attempted to cover for dina (her twin. lol). how she and dina look sooo much like one another.

link is that interview nina gave. its somewhere here in these threads.

nina has proven herself to be a liar just as her 'twin' dina has shown herself to be a liar.

no doubt about it.

I suppose the two of them think the public is blind and brainless.oh. and deaf, too.

It sounds like Nina may be taking a gamble on not getting punished for perjury in a civil trial. But there are real penalties when defendants perjure themselves in depositions.

OTOH, plaintiffs in a civil case risk having their case dismissed if they commit perjury, so I seriously doubt any of the Zahau family would take the risk. They've waited too many years and dealt with too much financial and emotional cost to get this case to court.

Perhaps AZLawyer can offer some information about what could happen to Nina or any other defendants who perjure themselves in depositions, etc for this case. It seems a foolish risk to take. It makes SDSO look suspect in the quality of their investigation.

ETA: There's also the problem of suborning perjury, too.

I'm guessing the defendants believe the shoddy investigation into Rebecca's death will work in their favor.

The more I think about it, I feel the opposite may be true. The jurors will see ...

~ the evidence of Rebecca's bizarre and brutal death that illustrates the improbability that she killed herself, and therefore the probability she was killed by someone else - someone with extreme rage and hatred towards her

~ the testimony (including her own words) of Dina's obsessive jealousy and anger toward Rebecca, and Rebecca and Jonah's relationship, and her belief that RZ "torpedoed" Max to his death

~ evidence of what appears to have been a deliberately half-baked LE investigation that began, incredibly, with allowing the deceased to lie nude and unprotected in the elements for 12-13 hours after being discovered

Somehow, I don't think any of this will sit well with a jury. Especially if there are jurors who are familiar with other cases the SDSO has reportedly mishandled.

I see that there are no links (once again) for the information provided by some posters.

BTW, jurors have to follow a strict code of what to consider. The Judge will make sure rumors and non-relavant information in not allowed into court. Therefore, the Zahaus have nothing.

This is a civil case for $. When it is over, Rebecca's death will still be ruled a suicide, the Zahaus will be much poorer instead of richer, and Nina Romano will be found not responsible for Rebecca's self-murder.

They'll be richer for knowing more about what happened to REBECCA.

^ They already know what happened to Rebecca, but they can't make $$$$$ off of suicide.

^ No. It is not all there. Please prove Nina Romano is committing perjury with a link, if not, it is just your opinion.

The "strict code" jurors in a civil case must follow is a "preponderance of the evidence." Once the jurors realize the investigation into Rebecca's death was deliberately botched, they very likely will ignore the quickie suicide ruling and consider motive, method, and opportunity with fresh eyes.

^ No. It is not all there. Please prove Nina Romano is committing perjury with a link, if not, it is just your opinion.
Lol. little nina said she and her 'twin' look very much alike lol.

Not.

Another lie was her son not being able to be left "alone".

All the time, the kid is in college, has his license, drives....

lies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams
Back