Family Press Conferences

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she had a "bat phone" why would she be so careless with landcaper, as she evidently was? I think it is just D&K...seeking and hoping...:(

On the other hand nurse - once someone comes forward, they are raked over the coals in a cruel and vicious manner. If single moms were conversing with Terri via the internet, they risk putting themselves AND their child in danger. What mom can afford to do that? Every aspect, right down to their E-Bay purchases are investigated by on-line sleuthers...If I had electronic contact with Terri, my main request in coming forward would be that I remain anonymous - under ALL circumstances. Few can afford a criminal defense attorney to help thru the media and internet attacks. moo

We have to remember that WS is a one-of-a-kind site, victim friendly, heavy on rumor control, and strong in the belief that innocent people should be left out of the equation. We are spoiled by the high ethical standards here at WS and forget other sites and blogs can be hateful and destructive. :eek: all my opinion

there were 2 other people who were searched at the same time as Dede. We know of 2 of them and not the third. So, I think that people could go in an say something to LE and not be outed.

The problem is if they have some things in their lives that they may not want LE knowing about.

I would go to LE and they could look at whatever, but they may wonder about my WS habit.

If she had a "bat phone" why would she be so careless with landcaper, as she evidently was? I think it is just D&K...seeking and hoping...:(

I don't think she was careless, I think she is mentally unstable and irrational. Which makes me believe wherever she disposed of Kyron, it's not foil proof. If people would just get out and within 60 mile radius of the school search their own property.

Why not have a search for Kyron day?

Wonder why D used the word "unfortunately" when asked about LE approving their statements? Does she wish they would and they won't? Or does she mean they are not getting the info from them because they are not getting much info at all from them?

I really think that both D&K are just trying to stay away from the "dark place" Desiree mentioned as far as what has happened to Kyron and are therefore throwing everything and anything out there. I am not one who believes that a number of people know what happened to Kyron. If Terri, she may have told one person, especially if it was an accident. But there is no way I can buy that a group of adults know about Kyron's fate and none are talking, just to save Terri. Or that a whole bunch are involved to the degree of guilt. Even D&K admitted they have no reason to believe that anyone else is involved.

I replayed that a few times, and I've been thinking about it. I would not be surprised if Desiree means that she would like LE to join them in making the statements they have about Terri. Instead, as K & D said, LE has not even used the word 'suspect' to them about Terri, nor provided them any evidence that Terri has Kyron stashed some place. Getting validation from LE that Terri has stashed Kyron would give them great hope. I'm sure they ache for that.

This is an unfair misrepresentation of what I said and my deductions about this case. I am not cheapening Desiree's role in Kyron's life; however, Terri has been Kyron's primary caregiver for most of his life. Desiree likely saw Kyron six days a month except for special occasions. If DY immediately suspected Terri was responsible for Kyron's disappearance, per Desiree's statements and without ANY evidence at that point in time to back up her instincts, then something prior to that day must have happened to make her believe Terri would be capable of harming a child. It is difficult for me to understand how Desiree could allow Terri to raise her child if she believed, without any evidence at that time, that Terri could be capable of something like this.

Also, Terri's car wasn't seen on Suavie Island that day, and if it was, then Kaine has some explaining to do because he was driving it.
BBM. Underlining by me.

Terri has not been Kyron's primary caregiver for most of his life. This is not true. We have heard different stories about when and how Terri came to be around Kyron, but you seem to forget that Kaine has always been there and so has Desiree, Kyron's mother. To then go on and speculate about how many days a month (and exceptions for special occasions) Desiree saw Kyron is a truly uncalled for thing to do, in my opinion.

What purpose is there is saying things like this? Is Desiree being looked at as someone who harmed Kyron? No. To think that Desiree could just swoop in and take Kyron, no matter what she wanted and what she believed about Terri's character, defies how our legal system works in the area of family law. Also, we have no idea what she has said and done, or attempted to do, legally, over the years. How does this conversation help find answers for Kyron?

We have learned, from Kaine and from Desiree; Kyron's parents, that Terri's version of events are UNTRUE. The events surrounding the time of Kaine and Desiree's divorce and the times and events on the day Terri was last seen with an alive Kyron. We have learned that Terri lies, that she asks her friends to lie (to her OWN criminal defense attorney, no less). We have witnessed her behavior ourselves and have been privy to much of it through many sources.

So, to say these not so veiled hurtful, unfounded things regarding the time Desiree spent with her child, seems to me, to definitely be an attempt to cheapen Desiree as a person and as a mother.

Not cool.

My opinion.

I took Cypress' meaning to be that Terri seems to have been involved in Kyron's daily life for much of the past five years, as to say that she has evidently been in a position of trust where Kyron is concerned for most of his life. So why automatic mistrust of Terri within moments of hearing Kyron was missing?

That conference was heart breaking to watch and clearly DY and KH have been through the wringer. What I don't understand is how they can feel so confident in LE when it appears they have no idea what LE is doing or has done and by their own voices they have no idea where Kyron is. So, either they know more than what they say from LE or for now, they have complete faith in LE but I think if LE doesn't come up with something they will turn. Does this make sense? I just don't understand their statements that LE is doing a great job when it sounds like LE is as in the dark as they are. JMO & IMHO!!

The more I think about it, the more I think that the same reason D&K have to hope there is an accomplice (keeping Kyron alive) they also have to hope that Terri is involved. If Terri is not involved, the chances of Kyron being alive are very slim. with Terri, they can at least hope that she would not go that far to hurt them.

I wonder if they would even be receptive to LE if LE started to indicate that this might be the work of a predator, and not Terri, as that would take away their hopes, which they have to be able to cling to.

It really bothers me that Kyron has not been found yet it doesn't appear that any searches are being conducted. It would be nice to see people come together in their neighborhoods to search their local area (with reminders not to touch anything they may find). We are all very familiar w/ the fact that most bodies are found by citizens that just happen upon them by accident.

I am puzzled why mistrusting TH means that DY is somehow at fault for not sweeping in and rescuing Kyron???

Grown ups tolerate a lot of things from one another when it comes to multiple caregivers of children. It doesnt mean they like each other-they dont have to. As long as the child or children dont suffer. Grown ups know how to play nice, right? I think this arrangement was working, with hiccups, until Kyron was disappeared.

We are still trying to figure out whose watch it was, correct?

I get that Kaine and Desiree are frustrated-they are likely very, very frustrated with LE. I bet LE is frustrated too. LE has to maintain their relative neutrality-Kaine and Desiree are letting theirs slip. Which is understandable if they believe whole heartedly what they seem to believe-they think they know who took their son, or at least part of the equation.

Terri wasn't seen driving around Suavie Island that day. Her cell phone pinged from a tower there, per "reliable sources," but the pings are an approximation. Terri readily admits she was driving around that morning, trying to soothe baby K's earache. It's possible she pinged off that tower as she was driving around.

Also, Suavie Island isn't far away from the school or where the Hormans live, so I don't necessarily view the ping as a smoking gun, especially in light of Terri admitting she was driving around rather aimlessly that day. It's not as if pings place her in Canada all while she claims she was in Portland.
BBM

What leads anyone to know that Terri "readily admitted" to driving around with Baby K to soothe her earache? My guess, Terri eventually came up with this ridiculous story when confronted with her own lies.

We have no idea when she came up with that explanation for LE, although it is likely it was told to them once she was confronted with her lack of an alibi for that time and the fact that her cell pinged from towers that didn't correspond with the tale she was trying to sell to LE.

People who are chronic, habitual, pathological liars (which I believe Terri to be) will often hold on to their lies until confronted with physical proof, irrefutable proof. I believe that this question was failed on the LE test. Then, the story was created. "Weak" was used by one person who spoke in the media to her "explanation." I agree.

My OPINIONS.

I think naming a day for all residents in a certain zone of Portland (i.e. 8 miles from school or whatever) to all search their properties, is a great idea. Instead of a vigil, for example, have a day of searching. People can feel they are actually doing something and he might even be found.

BBM. Underlining by me.

Terri has not been Kyron's primary caregiver for most of his life. This is not true. We have heard different stories about when and how Terri came to be around Kyron, but you seem to forget that Kaine has always been there and so has Desiree, Kyron's mother. To then go on and speculate about how many days a month (and exceptions for special occasions) Desiree saw Kyron is a truly uncalled for thing to do, in my opinion.

What purpose is there is saying things like this? Is Desiree being looked at as someone who harmed Kyron? No. To think that Desiree could just swoop in and take Kyron, no matter what she wanted and what she believed about Terri's character, defies how our legal system works in the area of family law. Also, we have no idea what she has said and done, or attempted to do, legally, over the years. How does this conversation help find answers for Kyron?

We have learned, from Kaine and from Desiree; Kyron's parents, that Terri's version of events are UNTRUE. The events surrounding the time of Kaine and Desiree's divorce and the times and events on the day Terri was last seen with an alive Kyron. We have learned that Terri lies, that she asks her friends to lie (to her OWN criminal defense attorney, no less). We have witnessed her behavior ourselves and have been privy to much of it through many sources.

So, to say these not so veiled hurtful, unfounded things regarding the time Desiree spent with her child, seems to me, to definitely be an attempt to cheapen Desiree as a person and as a mother.

Not cool.

My opinion.

Kyron is seven years old. He moved in with Terri and Kaine when he was around two years old. For, at minimum, five of his seven years, he has lived with Terri and Kaine, which translates roughly into Kyron living 71% of his life full-time with Kaine and Terri. During the time in which he lived with Kaine and Terri, Kaine worked a full-time job and Terri stayed at home with the children and volunteered at Kyron's school. If you had three columns labeled Desiree, Kaine, and Terri, and listed the number of hours each parent spent with Kyron, Terri would list more hours. By sheer number of hours, she is his primary caregiver. It is not a slight to Desiree or a thinly veiled insult, it is a fact.

About DY's statement that LE has not given them any help with going before the media to make statements, " ( unfortunately we have to do it ourselves )"... But,they do not have to do that by themselves, IIRC, don't they have a media advisor ?

All JMO

Does anyone have anything else to talk about regarding the presser. Because this thread has turned into a general discussion thread and it will close if we are finished talking about the presser.

Desiree is so emotionally tired. She looks like she has really lost weight. I worry that she needs answers now. She is really weary looking.

I agree Grandmaj...they both look exhausted. They both appear to be about at the end of their rope. I cannot even fathom what they are going through. The closest thing that I can relate to how they must feel is how I felt when my son was in the Marine Corps and deployed (twice) to Iraq. The first time was in 2006 when the situation in the Anbar Province was very volatile. I only could hear from him about once a month, but every night on the news I heard reports of dozens of Marines being killed exactly where he was nearly every day. I literally felt like I was being emotionally tortured...and he was GROWN. How in the world do you face the day when your seven year old is missing? I have no idea, but my prayers are with them and little Kyron every day. :praying:

OT: My Marine came home, went back to Iraq a second time and is now a FT college student, currently living on my couch...LOL. God answers prayer...

I wonder if there is some sort of personal vendetta by TH against DY. First she took her husband now she took her son (if she did). I wonder what is really behind all of this??

An evil, conniving woman, the kind we usually only read about in books, maybe? TH has potential to be just about anything, IMO...

I opted to listen and not try to type here so I could concentrate on what was being said. There were several statements made during the family presser that I feel were highly important.

* DY stated that "there are people who are afraid to come forward" in reference to a question asked about TH's friends. She said this with confidence, a statement of fact, rather than an opinion.

* Kaine clarified TH's use of the white truck. TH did use the truck on both Thursday and Friday.........Thursday to set up the science project.

* Both Kaine and Desiree both stated the Kyron is alive and someone is holding him.

* Both Kaine and Desiree stated firmly that the fully believe Terri is involved and that she was the last person to see Kyron at Skyline school.

* Kaine urges anyone who received any email or text messages from TH to come forward.

Which people would be too afraid to come forward? Unless someone was involved, the word afraid implies FEAR. This is an interesting comment.

They seem to believe Kyron is still alive. The only thing I have read as late, is the psychic stating the same as above. Yet they say they do not know anything about a psychic.

DDS is now working with police this week. Have we heard if DDS has received immunity? But I think DDS knows more and probably is involved.

I thought K and D said there is no proof he isn't alive? Can someone clarify that statement, as I did not watch presser.

I'd like to say that LE may not be directly involved in their statements but that doesn't mean LE doesn't approve of them speaking out and saying what they are saying.

I believe that it was retired Portland LE Captain McCain who stated his belief that LE is using them as their spokespeople; unofficially. And I'll take that a step further and say that it is pretty clear that LE likes them to say the things that LE cannot officially voice.

If they objected, or Kaine and Desiree said things that were untrue, LE would come out and say this. (This was addressed in the Legal Questions thread and a legal expect stated this, also).

My OPINION.

I don't agree that LE approves of their statements, based on what LE has said after a past family presser.

The information released in during these conferences did NOT come from the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office. This is an ongoing investigation.

http://www.mcso.us/public/newsroom.htm#kyron

That's a pretty direct statement from LE, IMO.

I'm looking for the entire video - did anyone happen to tape it? All I can find are snippets. TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
extremevertigo