Family wants to keep life support for girl brain dead after tonsil surgery #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Omari ‏@_iamOMARI 28m
I will be forever grateful for this man. He took my call in the middle of the night and listened to everything I had to say and decided to help me for FREE!!! There are not many lawyers in the world that would take a case where there is no money involved, but this man has a huge heart and I will always love him for what he has done for my family. I hear people questioning his ethics and it is ridiculous. This man did what no other lawyer would and I can't thank him enough. Christopher B. Dolan you are my brother & my friend. Welcome to the family, but you were already family when agreed to help me that night @cbdlaw… http://instagram.com/p/i9d1kUopsg/

long time no hear jmo

Does anyone have some strong anti-emetics? If so, take them before you read that.

Sounds like Uncle O wants to make sure Dolan doesn't forget him, even if mother never gets around to giving Uncle O a check......

St, Jude's Children's Hospital (Memphis, TN) Affiliates:

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
The St. Jude Baton Rouge Affiliate Clinic is located in the Medical Plaza attached to Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

Huntsville, Alabama
The St. Jude Clinic at Huntsville Hospital for Women and Children is north Alabama’s first pediatric cancer care and hematology clinic.

Johnson City, Tennessee
The St. Jude Tri-Cities Affiliate Clinic is located in Johnson City, Tennessee, in the Johnson City Medical Center.

Peoria, Illinois
The St. Jude Jim and Trudy Maloof St. Jude Midwest Affiliate Clinic, established in 1972, is located in Children's Hospital of Illinois at OSF-Saint Francis Medical Center, in Peoria, Illinois.

Shreveport, Louisiana
The St. Jude Shreveport Affiliate Clinic is located in LSU Health Sciences Center in Shreveport, Louisiana.

Springfield, Missouri
St. Jude Affiliate Clinic at Mercy Children’s Hospital-Springfield, is located in Springfield, Missouri.

http://www.stjude.org/stjude/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=f87d4c2a71fca210VgnVCM1000001e0215acRCRD

There is a 372-bed St. Jude's inpatient hospital in Fullerton, Ca. Very doubtful they would take her. It is a fully accredited facility far more like CHO than the Top Secret Life Loving Long-Term Care Facility that Dolan is hinting about.

Perhaps K_Z or another medical professional can answer -

No perfusion of grey matter applies to blood, CSF, and any fluids Jahi may be receiving via IV or parenteral nutrition, correct ?

If that is the case would a natural decomposition process begin and thus become obvious to those around her ? My apologies for the graphic nature of my question but ... Decomposition can be an unpleasant process, with byproducts seeking the path of least resistance outside the body. How can death be denied when decomposition is taking place right before their eyes ?

I wonder if this is why no pictures of Jahi have been shared, other than those taken immediately pre-op ..

There is a 372-bed St. Jude's inpatient hospital in Fullerton, Ca. Very doubtful they would take her. It is a fully accredited facility far more like CHO than the Top Secret Life Loving Long-Term Care Facility that Dolan is hinting about.

I tend to think that Jahi is in a small long-term care facility like a nursing home or hospice. That said, this type of facility probably doesn't have surgical capabilities, so I'm having trouble reconciling where the trach and g-tube procedures would have been performed. It's also possible that Jahi is in a private home, perhaps a relative or family friend, with licensed medical personnel attending to her 24/7. :moo:

ETA: The Fullerton facility does not appear to be part of the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital network.

http://www.stjudemedicalcenter.org/About-Us.aspx

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
The St. Jude Baton Rouge Affiliate Clinic is located in the Medical Plaza attached to Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

Huntsville, Alabama
The St. Jude Clinic at Huntsville Hospital for Women and Children is north Alabama’s first pediatric cancer care and hematology clinic.

Johnson City, Tennessee
The St. Jude Tri-Cities Affiliate Clinic is located in Johnson City, Tennessee, in the Johnson City Medical Center.

Peoria, Illinois
The St. Jude Jim and Trudy Maloof St. Jude Midwest Affiliate Clinic, established in 1972, is located in Children's Hospital of Illinois at OSF-Saint Francis Medical Center, in Peoria, Illinois.

Shreveport, Louisiana
The St. Jude Shreveport Affiliate Clinic is located in LSU Health Sciences Center in Shreveport, Louisiana.

Springfield, Missouri
St. Jude Affiliate Clinic at Mercy Children’s Hospital-Springfield, is located in Springfield, Missouri.

http://www.stjude.org/stjude/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=f87d4c2a71fca210VgnVCM1000001e0215acRCRD

St. Jude's is world-renowned and treats primarily (possibly exclusively) childhood cancers.

Do we think St. Jude's would continue medical care for a declared brain dead body?

I have no idea. :blushing:
I thought about St. Jude's when I read earlier today that Kahi was in a Catholic facility.

Dr. Fiori reported diabetes insipidus. This is the very definition of passing too much urine.

I didn't see diabetes insipidus in Flori's declaration but it was reported by Dr. Shanahan in a deposition that we haven't seen in its entirety (I haven't, in any case), but she's quoted by Dr. Byrne on p. 41 of 75 in this document

http://www.scribd.com/doc/195185964...ec-30-2013-McMath-Civil-Rights-Lawsuit-filing

This was noted down on 12/12 so who knows in what state her kidneys are now.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Huntsville, Alabama

Johnson City, Tennessee

Peoria, Illinois

Shreveport, Louisiana

Springfield, Missouri

:seeya: Thanks BettyDavisEyes.

Perhaps K_Z or another medical professional can answer -

No perfusion of grey matter applies to blood, CSF, and any fluids Jahi may be receiving via IV or parenteral nutrition, correct ?

If that is the case would a natural decomposition process begin and thus become obvious to those around her ? My apologies for the graphic nature of my question but ... Decomposition can be an unpleasant process, with byproducts seeking the path of least resistance outside the body. How can death be denied when decomposition is taking place right before their eyes ?

I wonder if this is why no pictures of Jahi have been shared, other than those taken immediately pre-op ..

The brain would no longer be receiving any blood flow. Eventually it will begin to decompose - but like a person who has had a stroke- basically scar tissue forms and takes the place of the working neuro tissue. So this 'decomposition' everyone is talking about so graphically and gruesomely is simply not what really happens. As long as the ventilator is working, the lungs will work. The heart continues to beat and supply oxygenated blood to the body.

There is simply no consciousness or brain activity.

Dr. Fiori reported diabetes insipidus. This is the very definition of passing too much urine.

But when was that? Is it still occurring, or did it stop? I guess we wouldn't know if the hospital continued to give IV fluids, or if they discontinued that as well. I've been trying to research what the process is for people that are brain dead on life support, but the research into the deterioration of different systems in this situation seems to be limited. Has anyone found any articles addressing this specifically?

?......

Wondering this also.

The brain would no longer be receiving any blood flow. Eventually it will begin to decompose - but like a person who has had a stroke- basically scar tissue forms and takes the place of the working neuro tissue. So this 'decomposition' everyone is talking about so graphically and gruesomely is simply not what really happens. As long as the ventilator is working, the lungs will work. The heart continues to beat and supply oxygenated blood to the body.

There is simply no consciousness or brain activity.
Thank you mary!

Does anyone have some strong anti-emetics? If so, take them before you read that.

Sounds like Uncle O wants to make sure Dolan doesn't forget him, even if mother never gets around to giving Uncle O a check......

BBM. I've google so many terms in the past month that i am surprised the ads I get on google aren't for nursing schools or subscriptions to online dictionaries. JMO

I didn't see diabetes insipidus in Flori's declaration but it was reported by Dr. Shanahan in a deposition that we haven't seen in its entirety (I haven't, in any case), but she's quoted by Dr. Byrne on p. 41 of 75 in this document

http://www.scribd.com/doc/195185964...ec-30-2013-McMath-Civil-Rights-Lawsuit-filing

This was noted down on 12/12 so who knows in what state her kidneys are now.

Thanks, I've been looking for a current report on this, I can't seem to find anything more recent.

But when was that? Is it still occurring, or did it stop? I guess we wouldn't know if the hospital continued to give IV fluids, or if they discontinued that as well. I've been trying to research what the process is for people that are brain dead on life support, but the research into the deterioration of different systems in this situation seems to be limited. Has anyone found any articles addressing this specifically?

I think her heart would have already stopped if they didn't give her IV fluids at CHO. Flori's declaration says the petitioner is asking for nutrition "beyond the current IV fluids etc".

Finally caught up!

All 3 of my kids were given (red?!) Popsicles after having large adnoids and tonsils removed. Two had it done in 2009 and one in 2011. They were released the same day. In jahi's case being admitted to ICU and additional surgery may be different.

Both girls were told no finger nail polish. I had my thyroid removed in 2010 at a different hospital and also had to remove finger nail polish.

Moo

It is possible that she was transitioned over to a nasal spray version of the vasopressin - it's called DDAVP (don't EVEN ask me what that stands for :) )

Omari ‏@_iamOMARI 28m
I will be forever grateful for this man. He took my call in the middle of the night and listened to everything I had to say and decided to help me for FREE!!! There are not many lawyers in the world that would take a case where there is no money involved, but this man has a huge heart and I will always love him for what he has done for my family. I hear people questioning his ethics and it is ridiculous. This man did what no other lawyer would and I can't thank him enough. Christopher B. Dolan you are my brother & my friend. Welcome to the family, but you were already family when agreed to help me that night @cbdlaw… http://instagram.com/p/i9d1kUopsg/

long time no hear jmo

'hrk hrk hrk'

Omari ‏@_iamOMARI 28m

long time no hear jmo

A case where no money is involved? What happened to his million dolla dreams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE