Fencesitters & Not Guilty Post Here

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love Mama,
The second line of the associated conditions that can be associated with columbas, in the article you linked to is heart defect.

An undiagnosed heart defect would be a factor in sedation/anesthesia issues, wouldn't it?

Love Mama,
The second line of the associated conditions that can be associated with columbas, in the article you linked to is heart defect.

An undiagnosed heart defect would be a factor in sedation/anesthesia issues, wouldn't it?

Hi, Texana.

One would hope that any heart defect would have been diagnosed by her father, a cardiologist.

I've noticed that speculation about victims' disabilities seem to pop up whenever a high-profile girl goes missing or are found dead: JonBenet, Natalee Holloway, now Madeleine.

Hi, Texana.

One would hope that any heart defect would have been diagnosed by her father, a cardiologist.

I've noticed that speculation about victims' disabilities seem to pop up whenever a high-profile girl goes missing or are found dead: JonBenet, Natalee Holloway, now Madeleine.

Pardon my off topic post, and my ignorance, but what possible disability did Natalee Holloway have?

I completely shocked at how easily people are accepting the practice of the McCanns drugging their children. One poster stated, "millions do it." That lead me to do more reading. I discovered that in the UK/Australia, they do have over the counter sleep meds for children. :confused:

If parents followed this practice in the US they would be arrested for child abuse! And for the poster whose father was a doctor, well, I was disgusted. I've been a pediatric nurse for 30 years and no doctor I know would have routinely given Benadryl to their children or advised a parent to do so just to induce sleep. You were abused. :furious:

However, a lot of parents in the US give their kids Benadryl before flights. This was a suggestion posted by parents on a lot of blogs when that whole issue of the child being kicked off of the Airtran flight came up. I think it is not a great idea and if done at all, should be reserved for extenuating circumstances, but I don't think it's child abuse.

To me, the issue of possibly sedating the children and leaving them alone indicate that the McCanns can be irresponsible parents, but does not make me think that they killed Maddie.

Rino on another thread just reported that the Mccanns are being charged. Kate with manslaughter of Maddie. Hmmmmm, and they have now left the country? If true, why did police allow them to leave?

Absolutely some kind of agreements, pacts between law enforcement in both countries, and attorneys along with the mccanns word they would return, or else why were they allowed to leave?

I thought when Kate exited the bldg. with her attorney they had these looks of more than just stressed or tired from being interogated. The attorney acted as if he was in total control at that point. Explains it then, he now was hired to do his thing.

The Mccans have known for a few days, that's why they separated, different interviews, showing up alone except for counsel, they already knew what the police were planning on doing. Their attorneys worked out a deal, because of all the media, threats etc... I would be willing to bet cuddle cat on. :hand: :crazy:

Pardon my off topic post, and my ignorance, but what possible disability did Natalee Holloway have?

Hi, InterestedWoman, I doubt that poor Natalee had any, but on other websites, there has been loose speculation about ADHD, mild Asperger's and other conditions. To be honest, I just stopped reading...

Rino on another thread just reported that the Mccanns are being charged. Kate with manslaughter of Maddie. Hmmmmm, and they have now left the country? If true, why did police allow them to leave?

Absolutely some kind of agreements, pacts between law enforcement in both countries, and attorneys along with the mccanns word they would return, or else why were they allowed to leave?

I thought when Kate exited the bldg. with her attorney they had these looks of more than just stressed or tired from being interogated. The attorney acted as if he was in total control at that point. Explains it then, he now was hired to do his thing.

The Mccans have known for a few days, that's why they separated, different interviews, showing up alone except for counsel, they already knew what the police were planning on doing. Their attorneys worked out a deal, because of all the media, threats etc... I would be willing to bet cuddle cat on. :hand: :crazy:

I think that the manslaughter charge story is being carried by only one or two news sources, none of them major.

There are extradition treaties in place between the two nations.

Love Mama,

Texana, I'm not a doctor or a nurse. The first time I'd even heard about CHARGE is today when I looked it up. As to whether or not an undetected Heart defect.........might or might not be a factor in sedation,
I honestly at this point don't know what to think.

We all, everyone of us know that there has to be a reason why a parent would kill their own child. We look at these people, they don't exactly look like murderers and bank robber's don't alway's look like bank robber's.
AND, we, very few of us can look at someone say he or she look's like they'd kill their own child. Would anyone in the beginning of the Scott Peterson case think he'd murdered his pregant wife? Soon as we found out about Scott's girlfriend.........we all knew! That's what we're waiting for here.

We need time, we need some answer's in this case and here we are dealing with another Country (like Natalie/ Aruba case) and we're not getting much information. It makes ME crazy!

The first thing I always look for is a motive. IF the parents did it......then why, which is why I was wondering if Maddie has some rare disease that would demand a lot of attention throughout her life......like Autism.
I also think that the McMann's partied with at the Tapa's (several Doctor's were with them)..know or have an idea what happened. I wonder to what extent LE interviewed them!

xxxxxxxxxxoooooo
mama
:blowkiss: :blowkiss:

Hi, Texana.

If he had reason to perform the tests. He might also have accepted that the columba was just that, and nothing more. I personally haven't found much credence in any of the theories that Maddie had other issues such as autism or adhd, but since the columba presence has been linked to other issues, that was interesting to me. She had one condition considered a birth defect--perhaps there were others not detected in normal exams.

After all, every year in Texas a high school football player drops dead in football practice at the start of the season--due to an undiagnosed heart condition. They pass their physicals easily and look to be in great shape, but the autopsies reveal a hidden heart defect.

If Maddie did suffer death after being given any kind of medication, I don't believe either one of her parents was incompetent enough to overdose her. I think she must have had an undiagnosed medical condition such as a heart defect or allergy that caused a severe reaction.

I'd still like for someone to come forward with Maddie to claim that $3 million plus reward, but the likelihood that something went terribly wrong with a simple plan to put the children to sleep early and soundly seems just as plausible to me that a person stalked and took a four year old--not the two year old--from a fortunately unlocked room or window.

If the parents did it I believe the motive was it was an accident. Either an accidental drug overdose or accidental death via discapline that went horribly wrong. I don't think this was a premediated crime with a thought out motive.

mjak

If the parents did it I believe the motive was it was an accident. Either an accidental drug overdose or accidental death via discapline that went horribly wrong. I don't think this was a premediated crime with a thought out motive.

mjak
I dont think it is a premeditated crime either, but if they are guilty, keeping quiet and not telling the truth then this is definitely a crime they know they doing.

mjak

I am with you. I think that if they are responsible that it was an accident. Either overdose or a parent that got out of control. I have leaned more towards Gerry from the beginning but now, I think it could be that this demeanor and mannerisms throughout this whole ordeal may be related to him trying to cover-up to protect Kate. If this is the case no wonder his affect is so strange and he appears to be uncaring. As far as Kate I have yet to see an interview where she has held her head up and looked the host/camera directly in the face. Is that the look of shame? idk.
What a nightmare this whole thing is. How will their friends and family who have stood behind them feel if they are guilty. This would be the ultimate form of betrayl. I really hope that the McCanns are guilty of negilect only but, things don't look good. How wonderful would it be if someone came forward and said "I took Maddie because she was a beautiful little girl and I wanted her for myself." I pray that is the case. Love to Maddie xoxo

So Siren, why aren't the millions of parents who drug their kids HERE (prozac, ritalin, etc. etc. etc..) guilty of child abuse....???

This is an inflammatory statement. If it is culturally acceptable to give sleep meds to children in the UK that's a very different norm than here in the US.

I agree that many children are medicated by physicians as a quick fix. That is a very different issue than parents who have admittedly spent one hour a day with their children, drugged them to sleep so that they can party with their friends and have left their three children under the age of four sedated and unsupervised.

The debate regarding prozac, ritalin, etc is not what this is all about. This is about neglect of three beautiful children who most probably were abused via neglect. How can anyone parent three children with only one hour a day? One hour wasn't even enough time to give the sweet ones a bath, change them into clean PJs and read a few stories.

This is an inflammatory statement. If it is culturally acceptable to give sleep meds to children in the UK that's a very different norm than here in the US.

I agree that many children are medicated by physicians as a quick fix. That is a very different issue than parents who have admittedly spent one hour a day with their children, drugged them to sleep so that they can party with their friends and have left their three children under the age of four sedated and unsupervised.

The debate regarding prozac, ritalin, etc is not what this is all about. This is about neglect of three beautiful children who most probably were abused via neglect. How can anyone parent three children with only one hour a day? One hour wasn't even enough time to give the sweet ones a bath, change them into clean PJs and read a few stories.
I agree Siren this is a different situation, being put on drugs by your physician for an illness is not giving drugs to your children so you will not be disturbed whilst out drinking 14 bottles of wine and dining with friends.
And being physicians they should have known better. Its bloody disgraceful.

I think that the manslaughter charge story is being carried by only one or two news sources, none of them major.

I'll say. The one I read had an ad for marijuana seeds at the bottom!

I think I'll wait for CNN (or other reputable source.)

This is of great interest to me. Could you post your resources? Where did you hear this. It certainly could be motive.

Unfortunately, it is only a rumor that was discussed on several of the Madeleine forums. It began with the coloboma of her eye which is a symptom of CHARGE syndrome. When someone looked up CHARGE, it was reported that many children with it have autistic or Asperger-type behavior.

http://forums.mirror.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=228512&highlight=autistic++autism++aspergers#228512

Also, the McCann relatives, when asked about Madeleine, all described her with comments like she's a handful, has lots of energy, keeps her parents constantly running, etc. Gerry McCann said (after she went missing) in a critical tone of voice, "What Madeleine wants, Madeleine gets".

Unfortunately, it is only a rumor that was discussed on several of the Madeleine forums. It began with the coloboma of her eye which is a symptom of CHARGE syndrome. When someone looked up CHARGE, it was reported that many children with it have autistic or Asperger-type behavior.

http://forums.mirror.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=228512&highlight=autistic++autism++aspergers#228512

Also, the McCann relatives, when asked about Madeleine, all described her with comments like she's a handful, has lots of energy, keeps her parents constantly running, etc. Gerry McCann said (after she went missing) in a critical tone of voice, "What Madeleine wants, Madeleine gets".

You see how dangerous rumors can be!!! And this rumor has been repeated time and again.

And what 3/4 year old child isn't often a handful. Madeleine sounds perfectly normal to me. I would be more concerned if she didn't behave like a typical small child.

I'm a fence sitter, leaning towards the parents innocence.

Interesting article from The Times.

Victims of the rumor mill?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article2414796.ece

Very good article, thank you.

Despite the secrecy laws in Portugal information has been leaked - by the police.

Despite all the rumors and innuendo, there is NO solid proof I've seen/read that the McCanns were "swingers", drunks, or sedating their children.

I'm still SOLIDLY on the fence until I see some proof/evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties