First-Hand Impressions / WS Meetup

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Momto3,

Nope, didn't see any note there, though I did see a rock or two. If you ever want to meetup I'm game for a 2nd visit anytime. Then I have a built-in excuse to go shopping at that fabu HT since I'll be so close and all!! I barely made it past the breakfast island and the asian island :)

Thanks SG for the offer...

Did you get a strange feeling walking thru HT? I absolutely love HT @ Crescent Commons. There is so much to choose from with all the different bars there, you can get confused. LOL
Were several reps from companies marketing their items.? You can go on a Sat and be full by the time you leave with all the samples they give you.

Did you get a strange feeling walking thru HT? I absolutely love HT @ Crescent Commons. There is so much to choose from with all the different bars there, you can get confused. LOL

Nope the only feeling was awe and feeling overwhelmed at the choices of foodstuffs. My local Kroger is woefully lacking by comparison. Didn't see any reps there.

Probably the 'weirdest' part for me was first walking into Java Jive and looking for fellow 'sleuthies'--you know...giving other people that strange look like "are you one of us?"

And THEN immediately running smack dab into my hairstylist who asks, "OMG what are you doing here?" (and I've been remiss in getting my hair cut so I haven't seen her for a couple months anyway).

{ pause for dumb look }

"uhhh meeting some folks and gettin' some coffee! :blush:

The drive through the Lochmere neighborhood was also a bit surreal for me since I never go in there. I played golf once (very badly, I might add) at the Lochmere club, but otherwise I just pay no attention to this area outside of making a special run to Whole Foods (as that's the only one in Cary), or going to my hair salon or Walmart in Crescent Corners.

So to be back in the 'hood, but for completely different reasons, yes it was very surreal for me. Plus the Java Jive coffee was soooooo strong I was jumping off the walls and that was after pouring a lot of milk and putting 3 sweet 'n lows in it. :bounce:

Nah, SG, I betcha you "bounce" without the high test!

But thanks for the heads up about the HT. I'm hungry, and you are makikng me drool. An ASIAN bar? Oh, my! Wish now that I had gone there, too.

There's also a scrumptious food bar at Whole Foods, across the street.

Did you all notice the smoothies at Java Jive were "Bellas"?

Nah, SG, I betcha you "bounce" without the high test!

LOL I have been called perky before. :smiliecup: ... or are you referring to something else? :blush:

But thanks for the heads up about the HT. I'm hungry, and you are making me drool. An ASIAN bar? Oh, my! Wish now that I had gone there, too.
Yeah I'll be back in there for sure!

Did you all notice the smoothies at Java Jive were "Bellas"?
I totally missed that!

Believe it or not I was NOT creeped out. I was expecting to feel that way but it certainly helped having 7 other people around! I actually felt 'peaceful' if you can believe that. I said a little prayer for Nancy when I was walking around. It was a very warm morning...prelude to another HOT day in this area.

I have no idea what's on top of the gravel pile. :confused:

THANKS for sharing. I recently moved from the area - or I would have been there...I was on a similar field trip for the Michael Peterson case. It isn't really creepy, but it helps to get a "feel" for the whole thing. I even visited Kathleen's grave and attended court proceedings! It wasn't all that far from my house at the time.

Your eyewitness info and pictures helped to clarify certain things in our minds. Again, thank you.

Thanks everyone for the thoughts about my dog. He is drinking water about every 2 hours and he will get to eat tomorrow. I have to get him well quick. He has to show next weekend.

FANTASTIC Skittles! The panorama is particularly useful so folks can see the layout and desolation of the area.

More photos of the site from today. The first photo is a stitched panorama view (180 degrees). Zoom in on it and scroll left and right. Each individual photo that makes up the panorama is in the album.

Also there are some of Harris Teeter.

http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f201/SkittlesView/Cooper%20site/
Excellent, Skittles!! This along with SleuthyGal's pix give us all a great understanding of the area where Nancy was discovered. Just wanted folks to understand that if you are standing on the pavement near or in the middle of the cul-de-sac, you cannot see the area where the wilted roses were left. That is where we're assuming Nancy was found. The dog ran over there causing the walker to follow. Once he got closer to the edge of the pavement, she was visible to him.

I believe LE would show the parents the location if the parents requested it after consultation with a victims advocate.

Would LE (normally) share with the parents suspected COD or TOD or any of that info?
How about the husband, would LE also (normally) show a husband a location if requested in a situation like this?

Would LE (normally) share with the parents suspected COD or TOD or any of that info?
How about the husband, would LE also (normally) show a husband a location if requested in a situation like this?

Honestly I do not know the answer about how much information relating to COD or TOD would be given out. I would think the COD would be expressed as it really has no evidentiary value - if you know what I mean and not meaning to sound bad. I believe LE would indeed show the husband the same courtesy.

How far was it between the cul-de-sac and the closest house?
This is a new section of the subdivision. There are several houses under construction, but occupied homes are probably a 1/4 to 1/2 mile zig zag walk (not as the crow flies). The streets are in a pattern of cul-de-sac fingers. If you look at the overhead photos, you can get a good idea.

Honestly I do not know the answer about how much information relating to COD or TOD would be given out. I would think the COD would be expressed as it really has no evidentiary value - if you know what I mean and not meaning to sound bad. I believe LE would indeed show the husband the same courtesy.

Also isn't Krista husband in Canadian LE? So, maybe he was privy to the info (professional courtesy)?

This is a new section of the subdivision. There are several houses under construction, but occupied homes are probably a 1/4 to 1/2 mile zig zag walk (not as the crow flies). The streets are in a pattern of cul-de-sac fingers. If you look at the overhead photos, you can get a good idea.

Thanks. I was just thinking of her running. I agree that Holly Springs is extremely busy and dangerous and would seriously doubt she would've run there. Sometimes I go up and down streets in a relatively safe neighborhood just to get my distance in (including undeveloped cul-de-sacs). Plus, I'm nosey like that and what to know what lots have sold and what not.

Thanks again for the info.

Also isn't Krista husband in Canadian LE? So, maybe he was privy to the info (professional courtesy)?

I don't know that professional courtesy weighs much when the victim is related to the LE officer - most likely no additional info was provided beyond that shared with the family. However, he would, based on his experience, be able to read the cop speak better than most.

I was thinking about this earlier today...it really is kind of divine intervention that her body was found so quickly, considering where she was dumped. It's not an area that would attract most people...not even runners. It's kind of isolated and aside from some cut roads there's nothing back there. I guess if you were looking at a future homesite then you might go back there but nothing is marked in the particular cul-de-sac where Nancy was found (although the next one over has sold lots already).

Yes, maybe. But we also noted that this particular spot is 1) closest to the pavement where he could simply back up the car. 2) Where someone in a hurry would "naturally" toss a body. It's a bit secluded because its close enough to the side of the embankmenk. I'm not convinced that was on the perp's mind, though. I think she was tossed and landed where she did. As SluethyGal pointed out, there were much better hiding places. This was a rush job.

You are my poster of the night Reddress. I also went back and read some things and found an interesting article at WRAL. The article indicated that Sheriff Donnie Harrison indicated the body was indeed laying in the dirt. Cary PD reported the body as being in the pond. So I think one must go with the agency that actually recovered the body which would be WCSO under Sheriff Harrison.

So my apology for questioning - I think you all are correct in your theories of where Nancy was found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member