GUILTY FL – Jordan Belliveau, 2, Largo, 1 SEP 2018 #2 *mother arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Lawmaker to propose child-welfare reform 'Jordan's Law' in slain toddler's memory
Updated: 6:16 PM EDT September 14, 2018
[...]
State Rep. Chris Latvala, R-Clearwater, said he plans to file "Jordan's Law" in December.
[...]
Latvala said the bill would provide more caseworkers for the Department of Children and Families and higher pay.

He said each caseworker handles on average about 24 cases. The optimal number for each worker is 10, Latvala said experts told him.

[...]

Lawmaker to propose child-welfare reform 'Jordan's Law' in slain toddler's memory
Updated: 6:16 PM EDT September 14, 2018
[...]
State Rep. Chris Latvala, R-Clearwater, said he plans to file "Jordan's Law" in December.
[...]
Latvala said the bill would provide more caseworkers for the Department of Children and Families and higher pay.

He said each caseworker handles on average about 24 cases. The optimal number for each worker is 10, Latvala said experts told him.

[...]

Thank you for posting this!

In addition to proposing an increase in caseworkers’ salaries and increasing the number of caseworkers to lighten the load, let’s hope that Florida State Rep. Latvala proposes real and immediate consequences if a biological parent fails to fully comply with the family plan in order for reunification to happen....IMO, complying with six or seven out of thirteen post-reunification tasks coupled with domestic violence issues, topped with not maintaining employment and a residence, refusing access to the child by the guardian ad litem, etc.....shouldn’t be justification for retaining parental rights. Also, why are caseworkers checking the abuse hotline only on a monthly basis? So much could happen to that child in the interim. Why isn’t there a more robust computer data system which allows for all levels of authority to be “flagged” in real time if a incident of child endangerment occurs?
These poor children...:(

I'm next to you in the pew.

May I squeeze in, too? I haven't had nice thoughts about the bio-dad and his family since they set up shop following little Jordan's murder. Next came the account for "funeral" expenses even though the funeral home is donating their services. Rest in peace, little man. You're in a better place.

As a teacher in FL, I feel the need to stand up for MOST of the caseworkers. They are put in positions similar to teachers, mounting demands and decreased resources. Quite frankly, the demands are impossible for any human to achieve. Most are stressed to the max just trying to do their best. Of course there are a few lazy bad apples among all of us, but it is far from the norm. The SYSTEM and FUNDING need to change, not the individuals.

Loved ones gather for viewing of Jordan Belliveau
Jordan’s family and friends attended the viewing Friday wearing ‘Justice for Jordan’ t-shirts. His father, Jordan Sr., wore one of those shirts with the word ‘DAD’ spelled out across the back.

Jordan’s funeral is Saturday morning at 10 a.m. at Saint John’s Missionary Baptist Church. It’s located at 1500 Pennsylvania Avenue in Clearwater. The service is open to the public.

Family, Friends say final goodbyes to murdered Largo toddler
“We need justice for him. He should still be here,” said Mattie Wilson, a community member who attended the funeral.

Wilson told News Channel 8 the service was a celebration of life, like a birthday party. It was a way to honor the toddler.

But hearts were heavy as people reflected on why they were there -- police say Belliveau died at the hands of his mother.

“If she didn’t want him she could have given him to anybody,” said Wilson. “ She didn’t have to throw him away like he was a piece of garbage.

Some community members made t-shirts in Jordan’s memory.

Mourners arrive for Jordan Belliveau's funeral
(Short video clip that just shows people arriving.)

Loved ones say final goodbyes to Jordan Belliveau at funeral
The two-year-old's life was celebrated by those closest to him. The funeral had some of his favorite things like balloons and characters from PAW Patrol.

Hearts were heavy as people entered the church.

“When I first heard about Jordan, my heart was crushed," said Delores Atkinson, a local foster mother who felt she needed to attend the service. “It’s a touching situation that nobody feels that we should have to endure, losing a child. "

Friends, family and even strangers gather to remember Jordan Belliveau
Jordan’s maternal grandmother, Mary Washington, said the day was about celebrating Jordan's life.

“This is a celebration of life, even though it was short. It’s a celebration of life and just getting to know him. Being a happy little boy,” Washington said.

Washington said it was hard thinking about her daughter sitting in jail.

“I wouldn’t be human if I didn’t feel for her. I feel bad. Everyone is hurting. This is hurting not just me, but everyone who knew her - who knew Jordan. This is not a happy time for any of us. But we have to pray and ask God to give us strength, which I know he will,” Washington said.

Washington said she felt the need to attend the funeral despite what her daughter was accused of doing.

Maternal grandmother says it was a celebration of life and getting to know him?

Talk to the loving parents who raised him, THEY knew him.

I don't like the party atmosphere portrayed by the biological family. A toddler was tortured and murdered. I don't get it.

Jordan M. BELLIVEAU Jr.'s Obituary on Tampa Bay Times
Jordan M. BELLIVEAU Jr.
Obituary
BELLIVEAU, Jordan M. Jr.
2, Clearwater, passed Sept. 4, 2018. Visitation Sept. 14, 2018 from 6-8 pm, Funeral Sept. 15, 2018 at 10 am, both held at St. John M.B. Church.

Carnegie-Dallas Funeral Services
1479 S Martin Luther King Jr
Clearwater, FL 33756

Published in the Tampa Bay Times on Sept. 13, 2018

HE DIDNT JUST "PASS".. HE WAS MURDERED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! argh.. putting myself in another time out. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Maternal grandmother says it was a celebration of life and getting to know him?

Talk to the loving parents who raised him, THEY knew him.

I don't like the party atmosphere portrayed by the biological family. A toddler was tortured and murdered. I don't get it.

that's what I'm sayin'. you wouldn't need to get to know him, if you actually RAISED HIM and protected him so he didn't get put in foster care. Like, these people.. they're a 25 lb sack of stupid.

Back to my time out.

that's what I'm sayin'. you wouldn't need to get to know him, if you actually RAISED HIM and protected him so he didn't get put in foster care. Like, these people.. they're a 25 lb sack of stupid.

Back to my time out.
Right? It's not like Jordan died in an accident or had a fatal disease, what he died from was preventable. If his mother hadn't beat him to death we'd all have around 70 years to get to know him.

I see red at comments like that. I don't care what loved ones need to say to themselves for comfort. I'd rather they took a long, hard look inside themselves and thought about what they need to change in their lives in order to prevent the next child from suffering the same fate.

But IMO that's wishful thinking; no insight, little empathy and a drive for self-preservation that is stronger than the desire to nurture. Poor, sweet little guy who should be happily playing with his toys, not reduced to ashes in a necklace.
sigh-smiley.gif

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BadWiring
Back