FL FL - AMBER ALERT: Diana Alvares, 9, Fort Myers, 29 May 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Exactly," the man said. "When I see the photo, I'm in shock. Yeah, it makes me angry. For me, my daughter is my life."

I hope this daughter the man is referring to is not living at his home............

UGH. That was my exact thoughts too. I am hoping she lives with her Mom somewhere. I have to believe he wouldn't have brought in a wet, homeless stranger to sleep in his home if he had a young girl in the house.

he probably thinks if he hold out, he might get a deal like tricia todd's murdering ex did. :furious:

Kind of OT, but mpnola's post on commending those sharing their painful, traumatic events, had me wondering. I know many are on here for crime cases and we all have a "story" that identifies in one or more cases.

Anyway, I was wondering if there was a place on the forum, not specific to any one case, where victims (I prefer survivor) and talk about their traumas? There are so many fantastic people here that have incredible insight due to life events. Is there a thread where one could talk about their personal experience? If it's around, would it be "downstairs" in the parking lot for privacy? Only viewable to those who are WS members? If not, could one be created? I don't want to take away in focus from DA with posts about me. I feel it would be so beneficial to have a type of WS decompression & support thread. If there already is one, can someone help me find it? TIA

Maybe he saw a cop and ditched the phone bc he thought he might get pulled over?

i have an LG phone that locks too! you set the time when it locks automatically. i think it is with most smartphones today

Kind of OT, but mpnola's post on commending those sharing their painful, traumatic events, had me wondering. I know many are on here for crime cases and we all have a "story" that identifies in one or more cases.

Anyway, I was wondering if there was a place on the forum, not specific to any one case, where victims (I prefer survivor) and talk about their traumas? There are so many fantastic people here that have incredible insight due to life events. Is there a thread where one could talk about their personal experience? If it's around, would it be "downstairs" in the parking lot for privacy? Only viewable to those who are WS members? If not, could one be created? I don't want to take away in focus from DA with posts about me. I feel it would be so beneficial to have a type of WS decompression & support thread. If there already is one, can someone help me find it? TIA

There is at least one down in the basement already. If I can find it I will link it here.

That's a pretty tight timeframe. DA and JG were communicating between 12-3 am, but JG was also in the area during that period of time. Then after 3am he's out of the area. But was the white van at the restaurant from 2:30-4:30 or did that notice it at some point during that timeframe? The pan of oil still doesn't fit. I noticed someone mentioned restaurant deep fryers not catching fire, but I'm pretty sure they are built so oil splatters don't come in direct contact to the heat source. They are also set to a specific temperature, rather than just turning it on as high as it can go.

I wonder if DA getting ready to leave or a phone woke the baby? My kids always think they are being quiet, but it sounds like a herd of elephants. In a mobile home, there isn't much in the way of sound insulation between rooms. Even something like laying down a cell phone on the counter or opening a closer/dresser/door would be hard to hide. I don't think JG ever came into the house that night.

Regarding the cell phone, I'm not sure I could even guess what the logic behind tossing it was. I do know that there are ways around a locked phone, so maybe JG thought someone would find it, see some easy cash, do whatever needs to be done to factory reset it, and then sell it for a quick profit. If someone not so honest would have found it, I don't think JG would be sitting in jail right now.

The noise level in a mobile home really depends on the mobile home ,if remodeled people often put higher grade building materials. Things like cellotex and house grade drywall can do a lot to improve cooling cost and sound reduction as well as thicker boarding on the flooring . I think it is hard to guess at his presence in the home based on the likely hood of him being heard as there are a ton of other factors that could effect that. Outside noise level , a person snoring, frogs outside , and traffic or humming air conditioners of all the trailers together.

What if it's a gas stove and the burners were turned on but not lit? With the idea they would be gassed slowly?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Yes there is already one but I don't remember what it's called

What if it's a gas stove and the burners were turned on but not lit? With the idea they would be gassed slowly?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
We know from the radio station interview it is definitely an electric stove.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

There is. You can find it here: VICTORS

I'm curious why he didn't turn the phone off?
I think that it entirely possible that he did turn it off before tossing it. There is nothing that would prevent the person that found the phone from turning it back on. The password protection would keep the finder from accessing the contents of the phone and from being able to place non-emergency calls, but they would still be able to receive calls. IMO

I still think he tossed his phone in an area where he knew it would likely be found. He knew someone would need the passcode to access his phone so he wasn't worried about the contents since no one who found it would have the passcode. I think he purposefully ditched the phone trying to setup an Orlando alibi as if he never left the area he said he was in when Diana's family talked with him. Then he was curious if someone had found it and that is why he called it. Once he knew it was a landscaper who found it is when he told him to keep it.

I think he accidentally lost his phone , he called it hoping no one found it , but when they did he was shocked. I don't think he thought police would track it. I don't know , I would think he would try and destroy it if he wanted to get rid of it

I haven't turned the news on, is it still raining there ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Video shows stove as electric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members