FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiosity, how close is "the closest neighbor"? I haven't followed this too closely, but from the interviews I've seen, these folks are NOT rocket scientists. The time lapse does not bother me, as a 17 yr old in an uneasy situation, might very well be just as afraid to go out in the dark as the child was and probably stuck to looking for the kid under the sofa and in the closet. It is also very easy to remove a sleeping child from a room without a dog in it. My kids are GONE in their sleep. I agree with the earlier poster about being removed by boat.

I wonder, of all of the things for LE to remove from the home, why take a cassett tape? Maybe there were several unplayed messages on the recorder that shows LE NO ONE WAS HOME...maybe....I think it is a strange thing to take, unless the light on ans machine was flashing and it caught someone's eye

IMO, the time line of 3am .........
I don't think so......
I feel Misty was not in the trailer after kids slept,
she came home and no Haleigh and things were bad like door open.
She panicked and made up a story so Ron would not be mad at her and kick her out!
That is why she was calm by the time he came home.
She thought her story was a good one.............IMo
That is pritty much what i think too!
I have posted that same sanorio in past forms....

Glad you think so too
I think that way her story keeps changen..i bet she would go have a cig with Lynsey at their house..first only for a quick min. then became more comfortable with leaving them...dosnt want bf to know ..he will kick her out she will be alone and loney

someone took notice of her pattern.
maybey someone close was in trialer unlocked that unused door...misty locked front door when she left but wount admit she did not check unused door

Thank you, ksgirl. I have a lot of confidence in tracking dogs. Since the dogs stopped at the RR crossing, I am wondering if any of the following are probable:

1. The trains slow enuff at that crossing so that Hayleigh and the perp were able to get into a freight car and ride it out of the area.

2. Hate to type this, but, the trains slow enuff so that the perp was able to dump Hayleigh's body into a car and send it out of the area. With the economy being so down, I wonder how just much train freight traffic has been reduced. How many cars make a delivery and then don't have a return load, so are hauled "empty" to a yard and left there.

3. Based on your info above, the perp placed the body in one of the "dropped cars" you mentioned and it is sitting in the train yard.

I wonder if Hayleigh's grandmother has the same suspicion about #1 and #2 and that is why she keeps saying Hayleigh could be in AL or GA. Trains would have to pass through one of those states going North.

I wonder if LE has tried to match up train buffs, SOs, Hayleigh's contacts and Hayleigh's disappearance...

IDK but I sure hope so, as the info we have stops right there. I hope they are checking the train.

snipped

So, in my own opinion he did exactly what most parents of a missing child would do at 3 am when met by a significant other after returning home from a shift at work. Immediately demand that 911 be called.

Ron was the one who should have called 911; he was after all the father of the child. Misty must have thought this also because she told the 911 operator that she was the mother. Even Misty thought this was off. I don't know why Ron didn't want to make this phone call.

I agree that Misty's behavior is off.

She obviously has access to a phone because she called Ronnie as he was pulling into the driveway after he got off work to tell him that Haleigh was missing.

She says over and over in interviews that she got up "around 3 am".

She doesn't call 911, we haven't heard that she called any family (someone sleuthed out a basic timeline of who and what time family members say they were contacted)

If she had contacted family members by phone I would think that given it was almost an half an hour between the time she woke up and the time Ron pulled into the driveway those family members contacted would be at his trailer to help look.

Am I looking at her behavior the wrong way?

Just saying wouldn't you of been up & down the driveway with your car lights calling for the 5 yr old?

Seems to me they gave up the fact she was coming back real early in this case. Like instantly.......

I do this when my dogs get out.

I think it kinda weird that it only week before the ann(2/24/05) when Jessica was aducted.
And with Hayleigh missing, sound like someone is fed up with sex offenders.
Do we know if anyone was living in the trailer?

I wonder, of all of the things for LE to remove from the home, why take a cassett tape? Maybe there were several unplayed messages on the recorder that shows LE NO ONE WAS HOME...maybe....I think it is a strange thing to take, unless the light on ans machine was flashing and it caught someone's eye
Hmmm...now that is possible. Interesting.

Ron was the one who should have called 911; he was after all the father of the child. Misty must have thought this also because she told the 911 operator that she was the mother. Even Misty thought this was off. I don't know why Ron didn't want to make this phone call.

Maybe Ron told her to call 911 so he could search the house? Dunno.

I don't think it was appropriate for Misty to say she was the mother because she's not the mother, but I think it was appropriate for a man to go into protector mode and have the woman call 911 while he's searching the trailer. I'd bet that he also went for a gun first, ran outside looking and started wanting to kill someone because Misty told him at that time about her cousin.

Corrected SO Kyle Johns residence per ElizaAvalon.

Dogs went to the pond first, then the outbuilding, then followed a route north of the home (assuming the long driveway), left onto Monroe left onto and around Buchanan Circle, right onto Monroe, pass-thru redacted, right onto Buffalo Bluff and end at railroad crossing (yellow route).

The red route is an alternative route from Monroe to Buffalo Bluff.

Given the updated location for Mr. Johns, I am wondering if the route followed by the dogs was through his yard, and the redacted portion says something to the effect that they passed through the yard of a known sex offender? :waitasec:

picture.php

I think it is really tough to know how you would act if your awoken to a noise. I think Misty is scared, maybe she went the bathroom before even realizing to check on the kids after finding the door openned. Maybe she hada smoke. Whatever it is it would make her look worse. Being so young you don't think of what can happen.

When I was 18 I just moved in with my sister and 4 other roommates in a three small bedroom apartment. Well I never had any fear before.... One night all my roommates but one was home sleeping, so was I. Around midnight someone knocked at my door. I got up. Thinking a roommate must of gotten locked out. I openned the door without thinking, walked away. Turned around and had a handful of officers standing at my door. Long story short, a friend above shot another person, and fled on foot. They thought he might of gotten into our place. Obviously with a door unlocked, very possible. Everyone asked why we didnt hear the gunshot, I don't know I was sleeping. This just shows at a young age, careless is possible.

Till this day, I can't sleep without checking my doors, and have a horrible time falling asleep.

If Misty was smoking or drinking, or and all just slept pretty well without hearing a sound, and someone did sneak in. She will have lots of what ifs for the rest of her life.

I put my children to bed the other night and I thought to myself would I hear someone sneak in, would my dog awaken( she wouldnt, people would question why not). On nights my husband comes in late I don't hear him.

I hope Haleigh is found.

OT: Fire Guts Trailer Where Jessica Lunsford Died
Monday, February 16, 2009

HOMOSASSA, Fla. -- A suspicious fire has burned down a Florida mobile home where 9-year-old Jessica Lunsford was raped and murdered four years ago this month.

~snip~

A fire Sunday gutted the vacant trailer where John Evander Couey used to live about 75 miles north of Tampa.

County officials called the fire suspicious and state fire marshals are investigating.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18723242/detail.html

Too bad his sorry a$$ wasn't tied up in the closet when it burned! Much quicker than our justice system!

ITA. BUT----I feel like it took a few minutes for the police to arrive---why not scream for her? Wake the neighborhood, or have Misty go and at least ask the closest neighbor. No one knows how anyone would react, but seemingly some just plain common sense things werent done, and it worries some of us. If I am wrong, I will write a letter of apology to both.

That was my thought. if a 5 year old wandered off or was missing at 3am, I think most normal people would be at least outside shouting, if not knocking on neighbors doors.

Also we cannot forget the excited utterance by Dad. "My dumb B*tch girlfriend didn't even tell me she was missing until I got home!". While this says alot concerning the nature of Ron and the GF's relationship. It also shows a strong deviation from the normal reaction to a missing child on Misty's part. At the very least anyone would have called someone for help.

That's IF DCS was called in. I don't think they had been. I know in Florida that schools (teachers) have the authority to withhold AFDC checks if the parent doesn't come in for conferences and such - documentation has to be done and proper notices sent to make sure the parent is just blowing it off but once you have enough documentation you can hold that welfare check! This I know.

In one of the early press conferances, the Sherriff's department clearly stated that LE had never been to the house on criminal matters, but that DCS was familiar with the family and household and had an open investigation of some sort.

Yes. I think that is what I would have done. Run to my brother's house and gotten him out looking with me while his wife watched Rj. I would not have wanted to stay in the trailer alone AT ALL after someone broke in!

Right there with ya SS, I'm gettin' out of there with the baby and myself!

I agree, he told Misty to call. Weird, He has a phone, he is the Dad, he is probably more mature than Misty, although I have my doubts. Why not call, he knows all of the vital info...

yup, he says minor child gf called him as he was arriving at the house so he had cell phone. minutes later during the 911 he says "where's my phone.." so he did not have his cellphone. or so it seems.

Why would they have redacted information like that tho, JWG? I would think maybe it was a neighbor's name who is innocent in this instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member