GUILTY FL - Baby Girl Found Floating Near Boynton Beach, June 2018 - Baby June

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
$10,000 reward offered in Baby June case
images

She is so beautiful! That is such a beautifully sympathetic artist's recreation.

I think I read in the article that they noticed a pin prick mark on her heel, like one done after birth at a hospital. So hopefully there’s a record of this sweet baby’s birth somewhere and her now missing will raise an alarm.

Would the fluids from the heel prick test be kept at the hospital for this length of time, and could they match that to Baby June through blood testing on her body?

Do they have a weight for Baby June? I suppose it might be hard to estimate given that she'd only weigh a few pounds anyway, but she does look like a good weight, about 6 to 9 lbs maybe? Not that I would be very good at estimating a baby's weight. But if they could compare baby June's weight with recent hospital births that could help them narrow it down. They would already be able to rule out babies that went into NICU, I don't believe they release babies so soon if they're around 4lbs??? And they could hopefully estimate an upper weight. How many babies can be born on a particular date (or a three or four day range of dates) ?

I think you are correct. In the press conference the officer said she was a healthy weight. She may have been a big baby at birth.

ETA: And I agree, the forensic artist did a fantastic job. Just precious. So heartbreaking that someone can be that evil.

Last edited:
The trouble with finding what hospital she was born in is that the east Florida coastal area is heavily populated. Broward County alone has close to two million people. Miami-Dade to the south is two and a half million; Palm Beach County to the north is a million and a half. It's gonna take them a while to check all the hospitals, clinics, and midwives in that big an area. Fingers crossed that somebody does the right thing and calls...

The trouble with finding what hospital she was born in is that the east Florida coastal area is heavily populated. Broward County alone has close to two million people. Miami-Dade to the south is two and a half million; Palm Beach County to the north is a million and a half. It's gonna take them a while to check all the hospitals, clinics, and midwives in that big an area. Fingers crossed that somebody does the right thing and calls...

Great points. I was thinking about the large population today. Even when they eliminate all the newborn baby boys in the time period they believe Baby June was born, that's still going to be a lot of newborn baby girls to follow up on and determine if the babies are alive and well. I think you are right that this will take a tip from someone.

They will also probably be able to eliminate the Asian and white baby girls. Although I don't know much about the area, and it's probably diverse. There's also a chance she's not from the area and the person who did this to her drove a long way. I think this one has a decent chance of being solved if she really was born in a hospital.

I also agree with what others have said. It's a beautiful artist's recon. It's sympathetic and eye-catching. More recons for unidentified kids should be like that. Really tugs at the heartstrings, because this beautiful baby should be having her newborn photoshoot and starting to discover what this big world is all about. Instead, we don't even know who she is. I hope she has her name back soon.

Just makes me want to scream. What a beautiful baby. A gift, thrown away as if no value. I hope a relative realizes so and so was pregnant, now isn't, and there's no baby! I don't think the parents are going to give the tip. But a friend, relative, store clerk, etc, someone knows someone was pregnant, and there's no baby! Even if Mom says it was given up for adoption, call police and let them make sure it's true!

OMG that is so good it looks like a newborn photo shoot!

There is ZERO EXCUSE for this if the baby was born in the hospital. Normally these cases are hidden pregnancies dumped to continue hiding.

If this baby was born in the hospital all they had to do was LEAVE HER THERE.

This should be a capital murder charge. No question. Unbelievable. I'd give anything to have another little girl!

Sheriff Ric Bradshaw‏ @RicBradshaw Jun 8
The death of #BabyJune has really struck a nerve with me. That's why I am offering a $10,000 reward for anyone with any information that leads to the arrest of those responsible for the death of #BabyJune. Someone has to know something. It's time to come forward.

link to video:

Sheriff Ric Bradshaw on Twitter

What a great Sheriff! Someone knows who this baby girl is. If she was born in a hospital like they think she was, she was given A NAME. Someone must know it.

She is so beautiful! That is such a beautifully sympathetic artist's recreation.

Would the fluids from the heel prick test be kept at the hospital for this length of time, and could they match that to Baby June through blood testing on her body?

The heel stick is for a PKU test. They actually test for many things but PKU was the first so many people just call it that. You only collect a few drops of blood and they go on a thick cardstock like piece of paper in round circles. They absorb into the paper immediately. They are then sent off to be tested. So they wouldn’t have any samples still at the hospital for that. However they usually do a cord blood to determine blood type and they may be kept at the local lab for a bit but not long. It will definitely be hard to track down. If the dr’s has any concerns they may order test that wound require a blood draw from a vein but that is not the norm.

Wow the typos o_O Sorry about that, quick phone typing doesn’t suit me.

The heel stick is for a PKU test. They actually test for many things but PKU was the first so many people just call it that. You only collect a few drops of blood and they go on a thick cardstock like piece of paper in round circles. They absorb into the paper immediately. They are then sent off to be tested. So they wouldn’t have any samples still at the hospital for that. However they usually do a cord blood to determine blood type and they may be kept at the local lab for a bit but not long. It will definitely be hard to track down. If the dr’s has any concerns they may order test that wound require a blood draw from a vein but that is not the norm.

How long would the testing lab keep the cards for? I'm thinking DNA testing of all the cards to see if any match to baby June. Any that don't match should be kept private and the testing discarded by the lab, but if there's a match.

But that would be a huge task for a DNA lab.

For Broward county I think I read approx 17000 births per year. So that's 186 babies over a 4-day period. Approximately 50% of those babies are boys, so that's 93 baby girls. Some of those will be underweight. The heel prick test can be redone on the body, along with blood typing. When those results come back that can also narrow down babies who were PKU positive (if that's the terminology) and those of the wrong blood type. So the basic blood typing would narrow down to about 25 baby girls, extended blood typing (as in reality there are far more blood groups than the ones we normally think of) might narrow that down to about 10. Multiply that by the number of counties. Say that comes to about 50 baby girls, most of them will have had follow-up checks at their local clinic.

And that leaves about 10 who have not been going to follow-up checks at a clinic. Compare those ten with tips on the tip line (someone should want $10,000) and you might even be able to narrow it down to one single baby girl.

If the PD can put in the resources, then I believe that getting an ID for baby June is doable.

How long would the testing lab keep the cards for? I'm thinking DNA testing of all the cards to see if any match to baby June. Any that don't match should be kept private and the testing discarded by the lab, but if there's a match.

But that would be a huge task for a DNA lab.

For Broward county I think I read approx 17000 births per year. So that's 186 babies over a 4-day period. Approximately 50% of those babies are boys, so that's 93 baby girls. Some of those will be underweight. The heel prick test can be redone on the body, along with blood typing. When those results come back that can also narrow down babies who were PKU positive (if that's the terminology) and those of the wrong blood type. So the basic blood typing would narrow down to about 25 baby girls, extended blood typing (as in reality there are far more blood groups than the ones we normally think of) might narrow that down to about 10. Multiply that by the number of counties. Say that comes to about 50 baby girls, most of them will have had follow-up checks at their local clinic.

And that leaves about 10 who have not been going to follow-up checks at a clinic. Compare those ten with tips on the tip line (someone should want $10,000) and you might even be able to narrow it down to one single baby girl.

If the PD can put in the resources, then I believe that getting an ID for baby June is doable.

Would LE be able to do something like that legally? I'm not well versed in the law, but I thought HIPAA privacy law would mean the hospital and labs would not be allowed to give that type of info out unless the police get a warrant. Are there any health care professionals or legal experts here that are able to share how it works in a case like this? Can a judge issue a warrant demanding search of ALL the records for babies born in a certain time frame?

Would LE be able to do something like that legally? I'm not well versed in the law, but I thought HIPAA privacy law would mean the hospital and labs would not be allowed to give that type of info out unless the police get a warrant. Are there any health care professionals or legal experts here that are able to share how it works in a case like this? Can a judge issue a warrant demanding search of ALL the records for babies born in a certain time frame?

My thinking is that if there is still cord blood/cord etc in storage, that the lab would have to do internal testing on what they've got and that a warrant would only cover handing over any strong matches. I would theorize that as long as only the strong match info is released to LE (via warrant) and everything else stays within the lab that it might not violate HIPAA. And if there are records for blood typing then they wouldn't even have to do extra lab work, you'd just need an authorized worker to look for a match in their hospital and have a warrant covering the release for a strong match.

I hope something like this can be done legally. In the article I linked to earlier it did say that LE are trying to coordinate with all the hospitals and clinics already, so surely they must have a way to get pertinent information released to them without violating HIPAA.

I just have to hope in my own mind that for such a young baby that there has to be a higher chance of ID compared to an older child like Madison Doe or the little boy who washed up at Galveston and still doesn't have an ID.

My thinking is that if there is still cord blood/cord etc in storage, that the lab would have to do internal testing on what they've got and that a warrant would only cover handing over any strong matches. I would theorize that as long as only the strong match info is released to LE (via warrant) and everything else stays within the lab that it might not violate HIPAA. And if there are records for blood typing then they wouldn't even have to do extra lab work, you'd just need an authorized worker to look for a match in their hospital and have a warrant covering the release for a strong match.

I hope something like this can be done legally. In the article I linked to earlier it did say that LE are trying to coordinate with all the hospitals and clinics already, so surely they must have a way to get pertinent information released to them without violating HIPAA.

I just have to hope in my own mind that for such a young baby that there has to be a higher chance of ID compared to an older child like Madison Doe or the little boy who washed up at Galveston and still doesn't have an ID.

I hope you are right!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allihounds
Back