GUILTY FL - Bonnie Haim, 23, Jacksonville, 6 Jan 1993 *husband arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
YouTube @ Scales of Justice has the whole Michael Haim trial if you are interested in viewing any you missed. Here is the section where the son testified.

Last edited:
Prosecution finished closing. Short break until 10:40, then defense closing. Sounds like prosecution then gets up again.

I thought that Mac Heavener did a great job during closing bringing the whole story together. Very easy to listen to.

The defense attorney's closing wanders around so much! That is challenging to listen to and I think that will also work in favor of the prosecution. Defense is making the jury piece together the argument, whereas prosecution argument was clear and concise, easy to follow.

I have watched about half of the livestream of the trial and tried to focus strictly on what was presented, leaving out news details of the wrongful death case excluded from trial. This will be judged based on reasonable doubt, and it's not perfect evidence. Still I cannot see how they could reasonably believe that anyone besides Michael Haim was responsible for her death and for concealing the body by burying it in the backyard. If her skeletal remains had never been found (which I believe was his expectation) or had been found anywhere else besides their home, then there MIGHT be some room for some reasonable doubt as to his culpability, but I am not seeing it here.

Great bullet points on 2 slides included in prosecution rebuttal. They are captured on Christy Turners Twitter (Action News Jax reporter). I can't upload from this device but will do so later if they don't get uploaded sooner.

I have watched about half of the livestream of the trial and tried to focus strictly on what was presented, leaving out news details of the wrongful death case excluded from trial. This will be judged based on reasonable doubt, and it's not perfect evidence. Still I cannot see how they could reasonably believe that anyone besides Michael Haim was responsible for her death and for concealing the body by burying it in the backyard. If her skeletal remains had never been found (which I believe was his expectation) or had been found anywhere else besides their home, then there MIGHT be some room for some reasonable doubt as to his culpability, but I am not seeing it here.
Exactly. The location of Bonnie's remains incriminates Michael, IMHO. I think LE dropped the ball during the original investigation. They should have listened to Aaron. I believe that Aaron witnessed his mother's murder. Hoping for a conviction and the harshest possible sentence. MOO

While the jury is deliberating, the judge and attorneys are discussing possible sentencing if the defendant is found guilty. Prosecutor is seeking higher sentence for aggravating factors (evidence tampering, adverse impact to victim's family, etc). I am glad to hear them discussing that now. Through the case it was clear that MH has destroyed 3 generations of his and Bonnie's family: Her parents lost their daughter, MH's father was estranged from his own brother because they both believed differently about MH's guilt or innocence. MH's aunt lost a best friend, Bonnie's sister lost a best friend. Aaron lost his mother and his family and was adopted to another family. Horrible impact to so many!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back