GUILTY FL - C.F., 17, Columbia County, 26 Nov 2017 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
And he was not her teacher, nor her soccer coach, so not really an authority figure. Also, she seems to have a loving, intact family and a steady boyfriend. She was six months shy of high school graduation and seven months away from her 18th birthday. You have to ask yourself, what was she running away from? Was someone bullying her in school?

Its a good point and I had not thought about if maybe something was happening either at the home or at school where he maybe trying to protect her but still there are other rational and legal ways to deal with those things.

He could have helped her work with Child Protective Services if she felt abused at home. If she was being bullied then the parents and school should have been notified and there would have been ways to deal with that. A parent can even have her change schools if it was really bad.

So I have a feeling this is what it is looking like right now. Which means he is going to get in some big trouble when they are caught.

I just hope they dont do anything illegal to get more money. I would hate to see her ruin her life over this guy just because she thinks she loves him or something. She was so close to turning 18. My Gram always told me if someone really loves you then they will wait however long its needed. Their time to wait would have been rather short and do things legally if this is a romantic thing.

Its a good point and I had not thought about if maybe something was happening either at the home or at school where he maybe trying to protect her but still there are other rational and legal ways to deal with those things.

He could have helped her work with Child Protective Services if she felt abused at home. If she was being bullied then the parents and school should have been notified and there would have been ways to deal with that. A parent can even have her change schools if it was really bad.

So I have a feeling this is what it is looking like right now. Which means he is going to get in some big trouble when they are caught.

I just hope they dont do anything illegal to get more money. I would hate to see her ruin her life over this guy just because she thinks she loves him or something. She was so close to turning 18. My Gram always told me if someone really loves you then they will wait however long its needed. Their time to wait would have been rather short and do things legally if this is a romantic thing.

As long as we are engaging in wild speculation that includes parental problems, perhaps it should be pointed out that the most likely thing that she might be fleeing from is her long-term "boyfriend"

The thing is, C. is so far removed from the typical teen runaway, at least on the surface. She seemed to have it all - loving parents, a car, a bank account, and a steady boyfriend. She was athletic and played soccer for her high school team. I don't get it. Usually, there's trouble either at home or at school, or both. Why would this seemingly well-adjusted teen erase her phone history, run off with this man, and worry her parents sick?

I hadn't thought about her possibly fleeing from the boyfriend. That's an interesting theory. Still, she gave up a lot to go on the run.

So glad she was found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll bet they were on their way to Niagara Falls. Sad, in a way, that they didn't make it.

C. F., 17, was located in New York, authorities said Friday, with Rian Rodriguez, 27, a family friend and F.'s father's assistant soccer coach at the high school, authorities said. It's believed she left voluntarily with him, authorities said earlier.

Around 4 p.m. Friday, a New York State Police officer in Syracuse spotted the car the two were believed to have fled in, the Columbia County Sheriff's Office. The officer pulled the car over and took Rodriguez into custody without incident, the sheriff's office said.

F. was detained and her family has been notified, the sheriff's office said. Rodriguez cooperated with the investigator and is currently being questioned by police, according to the New York State Police. He has not been arrested or charged with a crime at this point, and Florida authorities are en route to Syracuse, state police said.
http://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/missing-florida-teen-believed-fled-soccer-coach-found/story?id=51522308

The truly sad thing here, no matter what the reason for the fleeing, no matter who is involved, this young woman is going to be "the girl that ran off with her soccer coach" for the rest of her life, no matter what the outcome. The internet is forever. My friends think we are hopelessly old-fashioned, but my young granddaughters do NOT have smart phones and all computer time is in the family room with an adult present. The only allowed social media account is a family one where ALL can see what is posted. I was groomed by a 40-year-old when I was 17. Fortunately, all I got out of it was an unplanned pregnancy (I gave the baby up for adoption) and not internet gossip, harm, sex trafficking, or death. But it was a lesson I have passed on. AS a third generation LEO, I will NOT be too careful with those I love.

As a senior in high school, she should be spending this time applying to colleges, emailing coaches and sending videos for a soccer scholarship. Her family said she has a bright future, I don't understand why she gave it all up. There must be more to the story.

Did she and her boyfriend break up? Could that have upset her that much? Was anyone threatening her or hurting her such that she felt that she had to leave school or home in a hurry? Was she pregnant? Was he taking her up north to get an abortion? Has he threatened her in such a was for her to feel that she has no choice other than to run away with him? Was she suddenly failing in school? Had she done something so bad (in her young mind) that she felt she couldn't come back home? Or did the coach just charm her/entrance her enuf to run away with him?

Please note: I do not mean to blame her for anything -- she's a young and innocent teenager with all the usual baggage of a high-schooler who is younger than most of her classmates. I'm just asking everything I can imagine that might have prompted her to leave with him voluntarily.

Did she and her boyfriend break up? Could that have upset her that much? Was anyone threatening her or hurting her such that she felt that she had to leave school or home in a hurry? Was she pregnant? Was he taking her up north to get an abortion? Has he threatened her in such a was for her to feel that she has no choice other than to run away with him? Was she suddenly failing in school? Had she done something so bad (in her young mind) that she felt she couldn't come back home? Or did the coach just charm her/entrance her enuf to run away with him?

Please note: I do not mean to blame her for anything -- she's a young and innocent teenager with all the usual baggage of a high-schooler who is younger than most of her classmates. I'm just asking everything I can imagine that might have prompted her to leave with him voluntarily.
Younger than her classmates? All her classmates would turn 18 between Sept 2017 and September 2018 - June puts her within months of everyone.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Great news!
Take the night off for a dinner and concert and come back to great news.
Hopefully things will work out for CMF and family.

And to RR-
"No matter how the race is run it always ends the same
Another room without a view awaits downtown
You can shake me for a while
Live it up in style
No matter what you do I'm gonna take you down"

Bob Seger, Beverly Hills Cop II

The internet wins again.

And he was not her teacher, nor her soccer coach, so not really an authority figure. Also, she seems to have a loving, intact family and a steady boyfriend. She was six months shy of high school graduation and seven months away from her 18th birthday. You have to ask yourself, what was she running away from? Was someone bullying her in school?

Hi Kapua! I've wondered if she was pregnant.

This is a really important, special time of the year for any child at that age. Fall college applications and acceptances, senior pictures, securing soccer scholarships, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.

Something must have stopped them from waiting 6 months until she was 18 so there may be more to the story and I wish her well, it's not too late to pursue those dreams.

I hope all involved get through this ok.

Thank goodness she is back safe with her family...

I imagine they will have much to deal with emotionally in the aftermath...

But she is safe now!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maryopanda
Back