FL - Chad Oulson, 43, killed in Wesley Chapel theater shooting, 13 Jan 2014 *Former LE arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
boy the more I watch this the more I am going to really wonder about Florida if this guy walks. I will say his attorney knows nothing about video etc. and did a very poor cross on the forensic guy (last witness today), Then they have to adjourn as he has no witnesses ready even though they were already there....I bet he changed his mind on some based on how the day was going. I feel for Reeves' kids and wife but the guy needs to be held accountable for what he did.

Oh turaj.... you expressed my opinion to a tee! Yesterday was too much for me. Prosecution was confused, judge seemed confused, and defense just kept showing blank chunks of videos over and over. What a day.

As much as I watched that video, I never saw Mr. Oulsen throw his cell phone, which would not make sense that he would want to break it or lose it by doing so. I do believe I saw him grab Revves' popcorn and toss it on him, and then he was shot. Popcorn does not equate to a gun being needed. JMO

Court resumes today at 9 am.
- - -

Josh Solomon@Josh_Solomon15
Richard Escobar, Reeves' attorney in the stand-your-ground hearing, said unequivocally that Reeves will be testifying later on. 5:34 PM - 21 Feb 2017

follow trial here. Live-stream when court is in session, recap of yesterday, etc:
http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts...re-at-pasco-stand-your-ground-hearing/2313975
The images were shown frame-by-frame, at varying speeds, to a judge in a Dade City courtroom Tuesday. They appear to depict retired Tampa police Capt. Curtis Reeves lunging forward in his seat, then shrinking back. They show another man's arm reaching out, grabbing Reeves' bag of popcorn and then tossing it at Reeves' face.
An instant later, Reeves reached into his pocket, then pointed a gun at the man in front of him, who prosecutors say was Chad Oulson, 43. A muzzle flash followed.

My impression/recap so far:
First witnesses were the theater manager who was at the service desk and approached by Mr. Reeves' with complaint about the cell phone being used; also, the lady who was at the service counter when Mr. Reeves approached.

Theater manager is having trouble recalling specifics of his encounter. Apparently, he and the theater are being sued in a separate case.

The lady standing at the counter did not notice any agitation by Mr. Reeves, but was not there for very long.

On 10 minute break now.

Court to resumes after lunch; return at 1 pm EST

Vivian Reeves, wife of Curtis Reeves, expected to testify this afternoon.

Much more interesting today. Overall, I don't think his wife was a big help to him. JMO

Done for today. Court resumes 9 am tomorrow. On Friday they will be making a trip to the theater.

Much more interesting today. Overall, I don't think his wife was a big help to him. JMO

Done for today. Court resumes 9 am tomorrow. On Friday they will be making a trip to the theater.

Agree that wife’s testimony doesn’t help him.
She seems lovely, very poised, and as though she is striving for precisely accurate testimony.
Definitely benefits the prosecution IMO.

Don't you get the impression the wife is walking a thin line? Trying to be supportive of her husband, yet bothered by what he has done? She seems truthful, though wavering a bit on being evasive at times.

Nice to have you sharing here. I was afraid I was doing all this by myself. I do want to see this through to the end of a trial.

I’m not available to watch all days of this two-week SYG hearing and unfortunately I don’t find archived video of the court sessions. So, I’ll miss a lot of the testimony. But I was glad I caught the state questioning Vivian today. Yes, a thin line she is teetering on. It must be difficult for her. I hope Reeves goes to trial.

I didn’t see Deputy Alan Hamilton’s testimony (yesterday?). I hope his testimony included these comments that were reported three years ago:
http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts...-wesley-chapel-movie-theater-shooting/2164252
Theater shooting witnesses say popcorn flew and gun went off
Wednesday, February 5, 2014 11:50am
It was Jan. 13, and Hamilton cleared the gun and told Reeves, 71, to stay put. Reeves, he said, pushed his glasses back on his head and said, "I can't believe what I've done."
The man he shot, Chad Oulson, 43, said, "I can't believe this." He lay dying in the aisle of the theater, according to testimony. The movie, Lone Survivor, never started. A nurse named Derek Friedhoff took off his shirt and pressed it against Oulson's entry wound. He started chest compressions and asked for a light to shine in Oulson's pupils. Oulson didn't respond.
In the following moments, Hamilton said, Reeves' wife, Vivian, asked her husband why he had to fire, saying "that was no cause to shoot anyone."
Reeves leaned back and stuck his finger at his wife and said "you shut your f------ mouth and don't say another word," Hamilton testified.

The wife said she didn't see he phone being thrown or the popcorn but saw them at her husbands feet after he shot the man- yea don't you think if you are shot you are maybe going to drop your phone??

All that said it's been a long time since I watched the video and all I saw today was the recap on my local news. I actually might be able to go- how do I find out if it's open to the public- I mean I assume it is and it didn't look too crowded did it today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes Spellbound I got that strong feeling...in fact while I think she loves her husband of 49 years she is a bit afraid of him I think...I have a feeling that this is not the first time he lost control...but clearly this was the worst due to the gun. If he does not stand trial for this I will be very disappointed in the system.

if i lived close by I would go...yes it is a public courtroom and you can go and it did not look crowded at all.

if i lived close by I would go...yes it is a public courtroom and you can go and it did not look crowded at all.

That's what I thought by looking on tv- not too many people. I start a new job Monday- so much to do before hand but would love to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How nice to have you all join in for a bit tonight!

I believe all of the hearings are in You Tube. This link may help:
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=Curtis Reeves hearing &sm=3

I cannot be here all day, every day either (will be away for at least a half-day tomorrow. pooh!) I did not hear or read Deputy Hamilton, but those would surely be critical statements to get in. I imagine he would be called as a Prosecutiom witness, and we are still on defense. Link to some of Dep. Hamilton's comments: http://crimefeed.com/2014/02/ill-te...amatic-testimony-case-movie-theater-shooting/

Turaj, I agree that he seems to be an overwhelming type of person who could intimidate his meeker wife easily. JMO, of course.

It aggravates me for them to try to make Mr. and Mrs. Reeves out to be frail, disabled people. (my words) Arthritis is something we older people often deal with, but it does not necessarily keep us from doing most of our daily functions pretty well. Might be a bit harder and achey, but I sure as heck don't fear for my life if I aggravate someone. And he sure as heck could still shoot a gun. So he has a finger that locks up (per daughter) --- mine does too, I just pull the sucker straight out and back into place. He used no cane, no braces, no special treatments, etc. Don't blame his age for what happened. A former cop knows a gun is deadly. sheesh

first witness today should be Nicole Oulson, wife of Chad Oulson. Currently, the State is reading a motion (camera off) from the Defense.

follow along at:
http://live.tampabay.com/Event/Curtis_Reeve_Stand_Your_Ground_Case

Defense (Escobar) wants all County sheriff's deputies labeled hostile witnesses to give them more latitude in questioning. He believes there was improper securing/investigating scene.

Motion granted. "Law enforcement opinions are typically 'at odds' of the defense." (paraphrased)

In this hearing, the burden is on defense. Thus witnesses are all called by defense. I had not realized that.

Mrs. Oulsen is on the stand.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back