GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.news4jax.com/news/funeral...z/-/index.html

So you are going to take an article's wording over the dispatch log?

And I'm not saying that just taking her *TO* the dressing room is okay either. Just jumping from "to" to "into" insinuates something entirely different.

ETA: I just want to clarify that I think the mom is nuts for letting him take her *to* the dressing room... but posters are taking the article's word of "into" and running with it which eventually leads to rumors or ideas that are probably not true. Posters are assuming that there might be DNA in a walmart dressing room when perhaps he just walked her there and she went in alone. We won't know for sure what happened in WM and DG until we have all the details (surveillance video, etc).

My only point is, the article mentioning the into the dressing room and the dispatch log were released around the same time. People read the article first, posted comments about the INTO, then people noticed the dispatch log wording.

The two didn't match.

No one here 'twisted' it by themselves. :seeya:

I think we can take to the bank that the mom has no idea if he went to or into the dressing room, because she wasn't watching Cherish, clearly. Only the cameras know, and the dispatch log only has what was reported by mom. :twocents:

To be fair, it was initial news articles who reported the "into" when the police report said "to"

I think the main point was how horrifying it was she was sending Cherish anywhere with him, let alone to or into a changing room. :twocents:

ETA Link:

Rayne Perrywinkle told police Smith took Cherish into a dressing room twice, and expressed interest in buying the girl high heels.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...erish-Perrywinkle/kBlpqFPYC02ggWPYl6hZMQ.cspx

I'm sorry but I won't believe 100% what is written in an article. I will believe the surveillance cameras, phone records, the dispatch log, the police report, and the 911 call. But not what some joe-schmo puts in an online news article.

My only point is, the article mentioning the into the dressing room and the dispatch log were released around the same time. People read the article first, posted comments about the INTO, then people noticed the dispatch log wording.

The two didn't match.

No one here 'twisted' it by themselves. :seeya:

I think we can take to the bank that the mom has no idea if he went to or into the dressing room, because she wasn't watching Cherish, clearly. Only the cameras know, and the dispatch log only has what was reported by mom. :twocents:

BBM

I agree with you. Even what the mom says needs to be taken with a grain of salt b/c she her stories have changed (911 call vs. what she's told the media). But I think it's safe to assume that what she said in the 911 call is more truthful b/c she was in the moment than what she has said to the media the days following.

I cannot imagine it is against the law to give your kid any last name, particularly since there are certain ethnic groups that do not follow the "kids get the dad's last name" pattern. People from Iceland get Dad's first name plus son or daughter as their last name (Or, more recently, a trend toward using Mom's first name plus son or daughter) Several Slavic groups have gendered last names (men getting -ski and women getting -skaya in some Russian speaking countries and names like Novatny/Novatna in the Czech Republic)

With the US being such a melting pot, these customs must be able to be followed. At least, one would think they could be, and I have met people here who used these customs.

I'm sorry but I won't believe 100% what is written in an article. I will believe the surveillance cameras, phone records, the dispatch log, the police report, and the 911 call. But not what some joe-schmo puts in an online news article.

Gotcha. But you're missing the point that in the dispatch log is only the dispatcher recording what the mom said. Mom is telling the dispatcher she sent Cherish to the dressing room with the guy twice.

This is the same mom who told them how to spell her daughter's name one way, then another.

This is the same mom who told first responding police that she sent her with Smith to McDonalds, but later says she never let her go with him anywhere, that she just heard 'cheeseburger' and then Cherish was gone. So we can't really say her word is the gold standard either.

We all realize that the media gets it wrong sometimes. But at Websleuths, we have to use the MSM as our source and link of information, hoping they have checked and verified. And when we notice an inconsistency, an error, we correct it. Which someone already did.

Also, the link I posted wasn't from some Joe Schmo, it was from a major Jacksonville news channel. She clearly made a mistake, but that does happen.
She has a bachelors and masters degrees and I'm sure she regrets choosing the wrong preposition for this article.

---

Amanda Warford is an award winning journalist and video producer that joined the Action News team in 2010.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/content/bios/story/Amanda-Warford/V-D8izZb00yrQA6nNt0XEw.cspx

Of course people are going to speculate about whether or not he took Cherish TO or INTO the dressing room. He is a RSO!!! It's just where the mind takes you after learning that he was able to take her TO the dressing room in the first place because the mother wasn't paying all that great of attention. At this point, I have no idea whether or not he took her into that dressing room, but really....I will not be one bit surprised to learn if he did after all the other stuff we've learned about this case. There's stuff that hasn't been published in the media that we can't talk about here, but it's out there if you use google.

Cherish was born after her mother, an exotic dancer, and her father, a sailor, had a one-night stand in 2004.

Some people were upset earlier when posters were assuming "dancer" meant "stripper" when she very well could have been a ballerina. Just wanted to clarify that she was an exotic dancer for the record.

Perrywinkle, 45, sued the father, Billy Jarreau, 43, for child support three years later, and the two fought for custody of the girl for the rest of her life. They traded accusations over how the girl got head lice and how she was dressed, as well as money.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/28/cherish-perrywinkle_n_3516998.html?utm_hp_ref=crime

Even if he just took her to the dressing room and did not go into the stall with her he could have done sex offenderish things such as peeping from the outside but i am not sure if mom could tell either way if she was busy looking at things to shop.

I noticed that...Aaron, not Aharon.

I have also seen it as Aheron, which stuck in my head b/c there are a couple of herons that I see on the lake nearest to me. Aharon, Aheron, Aaron...Reyne, Rayne...Charish, Cherish...Lilly, Lily...Perriwinkle, Perrywinkle...makes my head spin.

You should still be here, Cherish, safe in Cali with your daddy. Instead, you're in a casket in the ground. My heart is sad for all that could have been for you, the pain & terror you must have felt, & for your dad & sisters & all those mourning you. Rest in peace, sweet little one.

I have also seen it as Aheron, which stuck in my head b/c there are a couple of herons that I see on the lake nearest to me. Aharon, Aheron, Aaron...Reyne, Rayne...Charish, Cherish...Lilly, Lily...Perriwinkle, Perrywinkle...makes my head spin.

You had the intended effect.

If anyone believes this is alllllll just a coincidence you would also have to believe that a woman who legally changes her first and last name and even though she has at least a high school education, she gives her daughter a name that she also doesn't know how to spell and she just so happens to have a live-in boyfriend whose name is pronounced "Aaron" but has an H crowbar'd into the middle of it.

Now, what are the odds of that?

THANK YOU! I'm not defending the mom but I really don't care for it when people take one thing and twist it into something else.

And to keep everything on the up and up: People aren't necessarily "twisting" anything, as at least one MSM report stated that the perp took Charish into the dressing room. The links for both have been provided and discussed here previously.

And to keep everything on the up and up: People aren't necessarily "twisting" anything, as at least one MSM report stated that the perp took Charish into the dressing room. The links for both have been provided and discussed here previously.

The language on the dispatch report and police report differ. What she told dispatch and what she told LE in report are 2 separate entities. MSM has both.

If anyone believes this is alllllll just a coincidence you would also have to believe that a woman who legally changes her first and last name and even though she has at least a high school education, she gives her daughter a name that she also doesn't know how to spell and she just so happens to have a live-in boyfriend whose name is pronounced "Aaron" but has an H crowbar'd into the middle of it.

What do you think is going on about the names, Madam? I'm very curious to hear your perspective. I haven't really figured out WHY it's going on. I just find it weird that it is.

Well I for one don't believe in too many coincidences; and I for one think this case has wayyyy too many "coincidences" all over the place.

The language on the dispatch report and police report differ. What she told dispatch and what she told LE in report are 2 separate entities. MSM has both.

Which is par for the course in this case. The rule rather than the exception, eh?

If there is one fit parent, it would be remarkable for CPS or the courts, to not keep the child in the family. I know here, it's a priority to keep the child within the family somehow. Whether that be father, mother, grandparent, aunt, etc. Especially in cases where one biological parent is capable, it's unheard of to remove from someone relational. The evaluator said that the father is capable, but up until that point had not been very active in her life...at that point. It would also be a cross country move for Cherish, to a father she didn't know well, and a step mother she didn't know at all. That's probably why it wasn't slam dunk. I still don't think the court heard his warnings enough, but I can see how it wasn't chosen with any certainty...either way. WHY they ultimately chose someone who he didn't think was more fit, I have no idea. I hope that judge is alive and feeling incredible guilt.
ITA.
Evaluator said neither parent was perfect, but that father should have custody. One doesn't have to be perfect to have custody of a child, as long as this person makes responsible choices. Sounds to me like this evaluator was right on the money.

Some people were upset earlier when posters were assuming "dancer" meant "stripper" when she very well could have been a ballerina. Just wanted to clarify that she was an exotic dancer for the record.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/28/cherish-perrywinkle_n_3516998.html?utm_hp_ref=crime

Seriously though, who says "Dancer" and doesn't mean "Stripper"

And O/T but in theory, couldn't an "exotic dancer" mean bellydancing, the hora or whirling like a dervish? I mean, those are all exotic.

Yeah, she was an adult fantasy facilitating artist. Or, you know, a dancer.

To be fair, it was initial news articles who reported the "into" when the police report said "to"

I think the main point was how horrifying it was she was sending Cherish anywhere with him, let alone to or into a changing room. :twocents:

ETA Link:

Rayne Perrywinkle told police Smith took Cherish into a dressing room twice, and expressed interest in buying the girl high heels.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...erish-Perrywinkle/kBlpqFPYC02ggWPYl6hZMQ.cspx

BBM: Exactly. And yet another case of the ever-changing story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper