FL - Coralrose Fullwood, 6, found murdered, North Port, 17 Sept 2006

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What reward fund are people donating to and was it set up by LE or a private individual? I hope it's on the up and up, but I still wouldn't donate to something like that even if it was. I don't blame you for being upset over someone calling other posters *advertiser censored*. Even if they were, I don't see how that has a thing to do with the murder of a little girl by some .

I don't know if this is the same reward fund or not:

Police hope reward cracks Coralrose case
A nonprofit group will collect donations to boost the amount offered for tips on Coralrose's murder

The Gold Star Club, a nonprofit group headed by Manatee County Commissioner Ron Getman, will collect donations, hold the money and then disburse the reward, Lewis said. Any donated money will be added to the $6,000 reward already offered by Crime Stoppers and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

Lewis said the latest reward announcement is simply an effort to generate new leads, not an indication that the investigation -- which has lasted almost nine months -- has gone cold.

But Chuck Chambers, a retired Palmetto police officer who now works as a private investigator, said Lewis' plea is not a good sign.

"When you're running out of leads, the next best thing to do is get some press," Chambers said.

"Sounds to me like they've hit a dead end in the case."

Saul VanderWoude, Coralrose's grandfather and a retired Massachusetts police officer, questioned Lewis' competence.

Though he had always supported Lewis in the past, and cautioned family members that investigations take time, he said Thursday he has lost all hope that Lewis is capable of solving the rape and killing of his granddaughter.

"Absolutely, it's gone," he said. If the case gets solved "it's going to be by accident, definitely not by police work."

http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070601/NEWS/706010382/-1/xml

From above link:
Lewis, however, was adamant Thursday that the Fullwood case has not gone cold because authorities have collected DNA evidence he called critical to the closing the case.

"We would be discouraged without that DNA evidence, obviously," he said.

Investigators regularly run the DNA through a federal database that is constantly updated as new DNA is added to the system.

Officers continue to take voluntary DNA swabs from members of the community, and four to seven officers from local and state agencies are working the investigation full time, Lewis said.

He added that officers have chased more than 300 leads so far and still have another two dozen to investigate.

"We have identified no suspects, nor have we cleared anyone in this matter," Lewis said.

Court says evidence is good and stays in Fullwood case

Fullwood's wife to testify against her husband Dale

SARASOTA -- To anyone who came to court Friday, it was uneventful. Dale Fullwood's trial was moved from Monday to sometime next week. It was what the people did not see that Fullwood's attorney, Assistant Public Defender Adam Tebrugge, had all that he could do to keep himself civil.

And without drama, Tebrugge walked out of Circuit Court Judge Charles Roberts' court with papers in his hand. Tebrugge was carrying Roberts' order denying his motion to suppress the evidence against Fullwood.

"It was all I had to bite my lip and keep quiet," Tebrugge said. But he said that was after Craig Shaffer, supervisor of the assistant state attorneys, attempted to offer Tebrugge to consider some kind of plea deal. At one time it was overheard that Fullwood could plead to a lesser charge.

:banghead:

Roberts said the affidavit in question clearly outlines the pending investigation of Coralrose. As part of the investigation, Roberts wrote, "It was completely reasonable for the detectives to seek access to the household computers in light of the mother (Ellen-Beth Fullwood) telling detectives that the child (Coralrose) had access to the computers in the residence."

Roberts said that since Ellen-Beth's statement did not exclude any computers, the police were justified to take them all.

Another point Tebrugge made was that videos files showing teenagers having sex, by definition includes 18- and 19-year-olds. Roberts said the court disagrees. The term "teenagers" also includes 13- to 19-year-olds. Roberts said 70 percent of "teenagers" are under the age of 18. :furious:

http://www.sun-herald.com/CHNewsstory.cfm?pubdate=071407&story=tp5ch9.htm&folder=NewsArchive2

Please read more at link as it will not last for long. Tebrugge is the nicest guy that has ever given me the creeps after seeing how far he will go to protect the likes of Carlie's Killer and now Coralrose's peeper/poppa. And yes, I already know that it is his job to do so........

Thanks for the article, RiverRat.

Thanks for the article, RiverRat.

Thank you for noticing!

http://www.sun-herald.com/Newsheadline.cfm?headline=8907

For some North Port detectives, work on the case of the missing 6-year-old began before noon on Sept. 17, following a 9-1-1 call from a Calabash Lane home. Coralrose Fullwood's parents weren't certain what time in the early morning hours their daughter disappeared. The father didn't recall locking the front door, but told police his wallet was missing.

However, the case quickly turned to a homicide investigation when the girl was found dead in a wooded area two blocks from her home. She was wrapped in her own blanket and had been sexually assaulted.

"This case is so different from others because we are dealing with a 6-year-old victim," said Detective Tom Stella, who has worked the case for 302 days. "She didn't have an extensive past, a boyfriend, work acquaintances or hardly any easily identifiable leads for us to immediately work. We knew she was a little girl who moved to the area six weeks earlier. She went to school and then home. Although she interacted with others at the bus stop and at school, that's not a whole lot of information to go by on such a young victim."

:(

Read more at link before it disappears!

I just don't understand why the Father is guilty if it is not his DNA? I am not trying to be stupid or dense here I know people feel it is because of the *advertiser censored* but they haven't charged him with murder but it seems to me he could have been ruled out???? Or Charged with the murder http://www.sun-herald.com/Newsheadline.cfm?headline=8907 snip Stella said one important detail officers have in this case is DNA was left at the scene where Coralrose's body was found. Police are trying to match the DNA with its owner.

"What many people don't understand is that DNA isn't the same as fingerprints," he said. "Police computers are filled with fingerprints; however, DNA is only taken for certain felonies."

"Prior to the passage of tougher laws on violent and sexual offenses, no DNA was taken from those incarcerated for crimes. Now state law requires taking DNA samples for certain violent offenses. This tool helps law enforcement link a suspected offender for multiple crimes.

Local police have launched a nationwide search for the killer. With all law agencies having this information, it will help officers look for similar leads in tracking the offender.

"We had people who have relocated who initially could have been considered suspicious and now live somewhere else in the state," Stella said. "It takes time and resources. We have done investigations both in and out of the state. We asked other state law enforcement agencies for help. So, in essence, we are working with every law enforcement agency nationwide. "

I just don't understand why the Father is guilty if it is not his DNA? I am not trying to be stupid or dense here I know people feel it is because of the *advertiser censored* but they haven't charged him with murder but it seems to me he could have been ruled out???? Or Charged with the murder http://www.sun-herald.com/Newsheadline.cfm?headline=8907 snip Stella said one important detail officers have in this case is DNA was left at the scene where Coralrose's body was found. Police are trying to match the DNA with its owner.

"What many people don't understand is that DNA isn't the same as fingerprints," he said. "Police computers are filled with fingerprints; however, DNA is only taken for certain felonies."

"Prior to the passage of tougher laws on violent and sexual offenses, no DNA was taken from those incarcerated for crimes. Now state law requires taking DNA samples for certain violent offenses. This tool helps law enforcement link a suspected offender for multiple crimes.

Local police have launched a nationwide search for the killer. With all law agencies having this information, it will help officers look for similar leads in tracking the offender.

"We had people who have relocated who initially could have been considered suspicious and now live somewhere else in the state," Stella said. "It takes time and resources. We have done investigations both in and out of the state. We asked other state law enforcement agencies for help. So, in essence, we are working with every law enforcement agency nationwide. "

I think because of the kiddie *advertiser censored* on his computer it opens up other possibilities than he actually assaulted his own child. If he put his child in the position of being assaulted or he was involved in a non sexual way...i.e. voyeur, then that it is a conspiracy. If he is aware or possibly did the murder himself then it is still a conspiracy. The LE people are correct to question and arrest him until this is ironed out fully. There are other children at home and other children who could become victims. There is no excuse for a parent or other adult who is not LE searching for predators, to have kiddie *advertiser censored* on their computers..

Or (IMHO) LE could be misleading the press in this case; they know exactly who did it; and are giving the perp a long leash hoping he will slip up while they build their case.

I know that I read where LE said that they believe that someone who was known to Coral Rose was in on the crime. I'm suspicious because of Dale's actions and things he said to the press right after the murder, the missing wallet, being wrapped in her comforter, along with the child *advertiser censored* being on the pc. I don't see why the defense is playing down the *advertiser censored*. It was said at one time that it was plain that one was a child who was being raped. At least I think that was said. Maybe that was another case.

I know that I read where LE said that they believe that someone who was known to Coral Rose was in on the crime. I'm suspicious because of Dale's actions and things he said to the press right after the murder, the missing wallet, being wrapped in her comforter, along with the child *advertiser censored* being on the pc. I don't see why the defense is playing down the *advertiser censored*. It was said at one time that it was plain that one was a child who was being raped. At least I think that was said. Maybe that was another case.

I thought that I read the same thing but was it something that someone on here thought was on the computer or was it actually a fact? Sometimes if a person on here guess things about a case...before we know it it becomes a fact and the story goes on and on.

The fact that CoralRose was wrapped in her bedspread tells me that the person knew her and cared about her. That person didn't want to just dump her on the grass and leave her like that. He or they wrapped her up in the comforter which is a sign of caring in most murders. That is why I have always wondered about the dad...especially after we found out that he had *advertiser censored* of kids on his computer. It is a sick mind that wants to look at stuff like that. If the DNA didn't belong to the father then in my mind that rules him out. I wonder if he had any nasty buddies that he hung around with or who visited the home? Maybe someone who hung around the bar while he bartended?

Thank you 3 Also thank you for not jumping on me. Good point on conspiracy being a possibility. And I didn't think of voyeuerism. My problem with the case is that early on the DNA was said not to be a family members and it seemed they spent so much time on the whatshisface. Like Bobbisangel I have a hard time finding him guilty of murder if his DNA isn't there. But the wrapping of her in her blanket does seem caring to me also, which would be a person who cared for her Could someone who cared for her found her in her bed deceased wrapped her up and placed her close by so that she would be found? But not found in the house because of the computer *advertiser censored*?
Bobbisangel"If the DNA didn't belong to the father then in my mind that rules him out. I wonder if he had any nasty buddies that he hung around with or who visited the home? Maybe someone who hung around the bar while he bartended?"
concerned person...i.e. voyeur, then that it is a conspiracy. If he is aware or possibly did the murder himself then it is still a conspiracy.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've never read that they didn't find Dale's DNA on the body, just that they had the DNA of a nonfamily member.

They have said clearly that no one has been exonerated.

The missing wallet made me wonder just what the motive was, burglary or to sexually assault and murder a child. I can't imagine anyone leaving a wallet just laying around the house for kids to get into, so maybe it was where Dale slept. If nothing woke the family, the how did all that happen and why did the killer take the comforter unless it was to wrap and transport the body out of the house and over to the construction site.

A non family member DNA was found. BUT,,, they also have evidence that more than one person is involved, evidence that has kept the NPPD from taking Dale or Ellen off the suspect list. They haven't said what the evidence is, but until they do and until they clear Dale and Ellen, I will continue to think that one or the other had a hand in this. Hope I'm wrong.

SARASOTA - Dale Fullwood, the father of a 6-year-old girl found dead last year, pleaded no contest this morning to one count of child *advertiser censored*.

He will be sentenced on Thursday.

A video of a girl being sexually assaulted was found on a computer in his home. Fullwood was arrested in October on two counts of possession of child *advertiser censored* unrelated to the slaying of his daughter, Coralrose.

Coralrose’s body was found in woods two blocks from her North Port home in September 2006. Police said she was raped and died of “homicidal violence” but have not identified any suspects in her slaying.

http://www.sun-herald.com/breakingnews.cfm?id=2805

SARASOTA - Dale Fullwood, the father of a 6-year-old girl found dead last year, pleaded no contest this morning to one count of child *advertiser censored*.

He will be sentenced on Thursday.

A video of a girl being sexually assaulted was found on a computer in his home. Fullwood was arrested in October on two counts of possession of child *advertiser censored* unrelated to the slaying of his daughter, Coralrose.

Coralrose’s body was found in woods two blocks from her North Port home in September 2006. Police said she was raped and died of “homicidal violence” but have not identified any suspects in her slaying.

http://www.sun-herald.com/breakingnews.cfm?id=2805

Thanks for the update. :)
I hope this case is solved soon.

River Rat, I just want to say again how much I appreciate your ongoing updates on this case. Something about little Coral Rose just grabbed my heart from the beginning. I still believe that her father is guilty of more than just possessing child *advertiser censored*. At the least, I think it is likely he introduced the killer to his daughter, even if it was just as a family visitor. People tend to have friends who are into the same things they are. I've not even sure how I feel about the mom here. She didn't speak up against it until a few days AFTER she knew about the *advertiser censored*.

River Rat, I just want to say again how much I appreciate your ongoing updates on this case. Something about little Coral Rose just grabbed my heart from the beginning. I still believe that her father is guilty of more than just possessing child *advertiser censored*. At the least, I think it is likely he introduced the killer to his daughter, even if it was just as a family visitor. People tend to have friends who are into the same things they are. I've not even sure how I feel about the mom here. She didn't speak up against it until a few days AFTER she knew about the *advertiser censored*.

:blowkiss:

http://www.sun-herald.com/Newsheadline.cfm?headline=8932

He says his family has been through enough

SARASOTA -- He did it for his children. He did it for his family. He did it for himself. Dale Fullwood said he took a deal and changed his plea to no contest on one count of possession of child *advertiser censored* Monday.

"They've been through enough," Fullwood said of his family, which includes four children ages 4 to 13.

Fullwood said every time his name came up, whether it be on TV or in newspapers, his charges and the death of his 6-year-old daughter, Coralrose, "would be all over the place."

"It is time to put this behind us and move forward," Fullwood said. "We have to get going with our lives." :behindbar

Fullwood, 48, was originally charged with two counts of possession of child *advertiser censored* stemming from the investigation into Coralrose's death, North Port Police Chief Terry Lewis said in September. Fullwood had pleaded not guilty to the charges in November.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08
Back