GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they have so much evidence that LE does not need the drug charge IMO. I imagine those connected to this murder are feeling the heat and will slip up.

Really want Garcia to start talking. :maddening: After watching him go before the judge initially, I observed him to be a cool character...

IMHO

Personally if you are still fighting over custody and one person wants sole custody and a move to Miami and a Judge says "no" and sides with the other parent, I really don't think they moved on. Yes they may have moved on in regards to a love interest but things seem to have been pretty intense in the custody department.

That is a fair point. I meant that they had moved on with love interests and their "own" lives. I can't remember the later nuances of the custody/location/work issues between them so I don't want to speculate about exactly what was still open vs pending. In any event, none of this is going to bring him back. And I am willing to wager that if anyone remotely connected with her was involved, she had zero knowledge of it.

It's very possible I'm overlooking something, but using this link & Dan's name, I see 2 different civil actions. One is the dissolution of marriage from 2012 and the second is after Dan's death where his heirs and beneficiaries are getting his affairs in order. Is the second set of actions the one you're talking about?
Not sure what you're talking about but you'll need to scroll all the way down to see all the motions.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Really want Garcia to start talking. :maddening: After watching him go before the judge initially, I observed him to be a cool character...

IMHO

The guy appears to be criminally sophisticated. He isn't going to make any rash decisions. If they have him dead to rights, he is going to have to deal; this can be a death penalty case. If he has any chance of beating it, however, he will probably go to trial. If he loses, he can still deal. If he wins, he walks, AND, he owns whoever hired him.

I suspect LE has a pretty good idea who is involved but I am concerned there have been no subsequent arrests. Garcia may have been arrested only because he was about to run and the investigation was not otherwise completed.

If there really are six more people involved, there is bound to be at least one "weak link". That is who they will go after. If any of those involved are Jewish or otherwise have ties to or citizenship with other countries, they will have to act soon. Otherwise the suspects could run and there will be serious extradition problems. Best scenario is to arrest everyone and let them play real life Prisoner's dilemma.

These cases are never slam dunks. There will be first class representation and defendants who don't "seem" like criminals. Should be real interesting.

Why would it be beneficial to keep Garcia in Broward for as long as possible?

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/fl-fsu-murder-broward-charge-dropped-20160531-story.html

Sigfredo Garcia, 34, remained in custody at the Broward main jail Tuesday, but his transfer to Leon County is imminent, said defense lawyer Jim Lewis.

Lewis said he had hoped to keep Garcia in Broward as long as possible before his eventual transfer, but without the cocaine possession charge that would have kept him in South Florida, there is nothing legally stopping a move to Leon County, Lewis said.

"My client is absolutely maintaining his innocence, he will be pleading not guilty. He is denying any involvement with this murder there in Tallahassee, and I would just ask everyone there please withhold judgment, to follow the law, and presume his innocence. He has maintained his innocence and I am hopeful that once all of the evidence comes out everyone will see he is certainly not guilty of these charges," said Ft. Lauderdale Attorney Jim Lewis, regarding Garcia.

"Absolutely he is maintaining his innocence in this particular case, and that is exactly what we are going with, that he had absolutely nothing to do with this very unfortunate homicide there in Tallahassee, and we will get our day in court," said Lewis.

http://www.wtxl.com/news/suspect-in...cle_74b0a720-275e-11e6-bcff-7f5c714d023f.html

Because they have so much evidence that LE does not need the drug charge IMO. I imagine those connected to this murder are feeling the heat and will slip up.

The drug charge would have stalled extradition.

So they had to drop the drug charge in Broward county so he could be extradited to Tallahassee. He must in Tallahassee by now. So I presume they may not have even started the interrogating yet.

So they had to drop the drug charge in Broward county so he could be extradited to Tallahassee. He must in Tallahassee by now. So I presume they may not have even started the interrogating yet.

I'm not sure how much interrogating there will be since he's armed with a private, criminal defense attorney. I imagine his attorney will decide if he should deny everything & allow the case to proceed to trial, or if it would be better to strike a deal. It's going to depend on what evidence they have.

He's still listed as in custody at the Broward County main jail:

http://www.sheriff.org/apps/arrest/...10861E681C&page=1&lname=GARCIA&fname=SIGFREDO

GARCIA, SIGFREDO

INMATE INFORMATION

Arrest Number: 581600297 Arrest Date: 05/25/2016
Race: W Sex: M DOB: 04/27/1982
Height: 601 Weight: 205 Hair: BLK Eyes: BRO
Arresting Agency: HALLANDALE

The drug charge would have stalled extradition.

Exactly. So if they didn't have any evidence they could have just kept him locked up on the drug charge. my feeling is they have plenty of evidence and do not need to stall.

He's still listed as in custody at the Broward County main jail:

http://www.sheriff.org/apps/arrest/...10861E681C&page=1&lname=GARCIA&fname=SIGFREDO

GARCIA, SIGFREDO

INMATE INFORMATION

Arrest Number: 581600297 Arrest Date: 05/25/2016
Race: W Sex: M DOB: 04/27/1982
Height: 601 Weight: 205 Hair: BLK Eyes: BRO
Arresting Agency: HALLANDALE

Surprised that Garcia' eyes are listed as brown, unless he usually wears coloured contact lenses, imo.

635998248461036770-S-Garcia_1464276563117_2519014_ver1.0.PNG
https://www.google.ca/search?q=GARC...hUSQ1IKHSs_ATcQ_AUIBigB#imgrc=u6bnaJPJuH92eM:

I'm sure there are many psychopaths in human rights jobs. It's a job. She wanted recognition and IMO does not seem sincere. Maybe she is but all in all what she did and her words against the father of her children does not show one iota of empathy.

Social deviance and an unstable, antisocial lifestyle are crucial in determining the diagnosis of psychopathy and there simply is no evidence of that. Quite the opposite.
But just because someone might not meet the criteria for that diagnosis, does not mean that they are not capable of planning a murder.

I am only trying to help.
(mod snip)

Exactly. So if they didn't have any evidence they could have just kept him locked up on the drug charge. my feeling is they have plenty of evidence and do not need to stall.

I'm sure they've got enough evidence to support a murder charge, otherwise they wouldn't have made it. The drug charge was probably just a bonus charge (to use as leverage later) but after figuring out it was going to delay extradition they dropped it. IMHO, because it appears like it was a 'flight-risk' apprehension, I hope they have enough evidence to make it worthwhile for the defense to come to the negotiating table. * ‎

I'm not sure how much interrogating there will be since he's armed with a private, criminal defense attorney. I imagine his attorney will decide if he should deny everything & allow the case to proceed to trial, or if it would be better to strike a deal. It's going to depend on what evidence they have.

Hopefully they'll have enough evidence so he will strike a deal.

Social deviance and an unstable, antisocial lifestyle are crucial in determining the diagnosis of psychopathy and there simply is no evidence of that. Quite the opposite.
But just because someone might not meet the criteria for that diagnosis, does not mean that they are not capable of planning a murder.

I am only trying to help.
Proclaiming superficial knowledge to be a thorough psychological assessment makes you sound, well uh… superficial.

I beg to differ on psychopaths.. I happen to know of two psychopaths and they are not anti-social by any means. They are great liars and manipulators. I don't think you have to a rocket scientist to detect a psychopath.

I beg to differ on psychopaths.. I happen to know of two psychopaths and they are not anti-social by any means. They are great liars and manipulators. I don't think you have to a rocket scientist to detect a psychopath.

Ted Bundy, people found him charming and social.

That is a fair point. I meant that they had moved on with love interests and their "own" lives. I can't remember the later nuances of the custody/location/work issues between them so I don't want to speculate about exactly what was still open vs pending. In any event, none of this is going to bring him back. And I am willing to wager that if anyone remotely connected with her was involved, she had zero knowledge of it.

I agree with this completely. I was friends with him for many years, but only knew of her, although of course we have many mutual friends. I do not believe she had anything to do with this. It is worth noting that several friends and colleagues who were very close to Dan are still apparently friends with Wendi. And I believe that his mom has even visited Wendi in recent months. If Wendi is innocent -- and I believe she is -- I feel awful for the damage to her professional and personal reputations.

Bottom line, I waver between thinking this is related to his work -- not the rabbi case, but other research that would have had far higher stakes for those involved, and would explain some of the seemingly preferential treatment given the alleged hit man for his past crimes -- and another personal angle, which has not been explored on these boards, but which was my first theory two years ago. I think we need to dig deeper than the cliched ex-spouse, and I hope and pray that LE is doing the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
everyoneblooms