GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #9 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So LWOP - Not surprising! I think that's the appropriate verdict. Now we'll find out what the poll was on the KM verdict. Hopefully the judge will ask before he dismisses them.

The mind of a murderer is always perplexing but the time taken by several people to plan, take the steps, kill, and then continue to enjoy life following their evil acts is... *insert some word/s (as I have none).

thanks to all for the updates ... my feed kept cutting out. Now resolved!!

Jury found State proved one agg factor beyond a reasonable doubt -- cold, calculated premeditated -- but that the mitigators outweighed that, therefore it is LWOP. It is not a recommendation. It would only be a recommendation if they came back with Death, then judge could still over rule and give Life.

Last edited:
Jury found State proved one agg factor beyond a reasonable doubt -- cold, calculated premeditated -- but that the mitigators outweighed that, there it is LWOP. It is not a recommendation. It would only be a recommendation if they came back with Death, then judge could still over rule and give Life.

I thought they proved three out of four??

I'm interpreting this to mean that jury did not find that the state proved the other claimed agg. factor -- for pecuniary gain -- beyond a reasonable doubt. If not for pecuniary gain, then why did he do it? KM? JMO.

Wouldn't they have already been polled about that?

Not understanding at all, I was hoping that before the jury was released they could be polled on the other case. But I guess it's too late. The only way we will find out I think, will be if the jurors tell the state?

My Law & crime feed has just gone blank. I would expect the state to do a presser afterwards, and sometimes they do jury pressers but it wasn't mentioned by the court they were going to do one. If anybody see such please post a link.

Enjoyed going through this case with you guys
(or y'all :D )
all the way to the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads