GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #9 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's possible the tears were out of frustration because of the one holdout juror (if that's true).

But they were also in tears going in to deliberate on SG's penalty. What the heck are they crying about at that point? And based on the questions they asked during the guilt deliberations I'm just generally ticked off at these jurors at this point.

I wonder why Wendi didn't show up to sway the jury toward the death penalty since her boys were left without a father.....

I am not sure what her social schedule was this week but in January she was too busy attending premiers in Miami with celebrities and other high rollers. Ironically the premier was for something called FAKE....scroll through the pictures and you can see how distraught she is.

MAZ :: Gallery: 'Fake' Opens at Colony Theatre

Am I the only one who's PO'd at this jury still??

Not really, at least not on this issue. There are a lot of reasonable and moral/religious objections to the death penalty. For me, if you really want someone to suffer out of sheer malice then life without parole seems worse. You know you're going to rot in prison until you die alone on a gurney with minimal medical care sometime decades later. If it were me, I'd much rather be put out of my misery sooner.

That said, it's all about the bargaining for me. I'm kind of surprised everyone's held out this long. I'd kind of hoped KM would cop a plea to prevent SG from risking the death penalty. Now SG has no reason to plea either (I think); or maybe before the judge issues a final judgment he can ask the state to seek reduction of his penalty. I'd be ok with him getting something like 50 years w/o parole in exchange for giving up the goods on the Adelsons.

Not really, at least not on this issue. There are a lot of reasonable and moral/religious objections to the death penalty. For me, if you really want someone to suffer out of sheer malice then life without parole seems worse. You know you're going to rot in prison until you die alone on a gurney with minimal medical care sometime decades later. If it were me, I'd much rather be put out of my misery sooner.

That said, it's all about the bargaining for me. I'm kind of surprised everyone's held out this long. I'd kind of hoped KM would cop a plea to prevent SG from risking the death penalty. Now SG has no reason to plea either (I think); or maybe before the judge issues a final judgment he can ask the state to seek reduction of his penalty. I'd be ok with him getting something like 50 years w/o parole in exchange for giving up the goods on the Adelsons.

I wanted death but knew the probability was slim. I think both KM and SG are the type that can acclimate easily to general population.

I watched a blip late last night that had one of SG's jail house snitches being interviewed saying SG would not turn on KM for something he did. I doubt I could find this again this am but it was less than 30 seconds imbedded in another video on the case. So if you believe this snitch. I don't think SG will ever spill the beans unless KM tells him too. I also think this is why SG did not have any character witnesses on his behalf at sentencing. He knows what he did it and does not want to involve anyone else.

I'm watching the charge conference on the Markeith Loyd trial and just wanted to add to my earlier comment (from yesterday) about how the sheriffs are in charge of defendants who are in custody when they're in the courtroom. Anyway, Loyd was falling asleep in court during the charge conference, which the judge noticed. She asked him what was up with that and he said he hadn't slept well last night. She asked him if coffee would help. He said, yes. And then she had to ask the sheriffs if it was OK for him to have coffee. The sheriff said it was up to the SRT team. I think ML is such a high security risk that they have a special security team to handle him in the courtroom.

Then the judge had to wait for an SRT supervisor to come into the courtroom so she could ask him if it was OK for the defendant to have coffee! The SRT supervisor OK'd it and then a WOMAN (of course, it had to be the only woman on the team to do it! :rolleyes:) on his defense team went and got him coffee.

I just thought this was so interesting. Others may not think so and that's OK. lol

I am not sure what her social schedule was this week but in January she was too busy attending premiers in Miami with celebrities and other high rollers. Ironically the premier was for something called FAKE....scroll through the pictures and you can see how distraught she is.

MAZ :: Gallery: 'Fake' Opens at Colony Theatre

How anyone in Miami, can hang with her I'll never know! What a piece of work? It's apparent she was never as smart as Dan and never would be. I hope her life is miserable as can be.

How anyone in Miami, can hang with her I'll never know! What a piece of work? It's apparent she was never as smart as Dan and never would be. I hope her life is miserable as can be.
Yes and her faux book...come on she would have never made to DC without Dan. It makes my blood pressure rise thinking of her. I don't think she will ever be charged. I am still holding out hope on the other A's. Makes you wonder about FSU making that book recommended reading. There are also a lot of other social posts featuring her and the Coca Cola scholarship program. I am not one to boycott and I am hooked on Coke Zero.....but I will never look at my coke can the same.

I'm watching the charge conference on the Markeith Loyd trial and just wanted to add to my earlier comment (from yesterday) about how the sheriffs are in charge of defendants who are in custody when they're in the courtroom. Anyway, Loyd was falling asleep in court during the charge conference, which the judge noticed. She asked him what was up with that and he said he hadn't slept well last night. She asked him if coffee would help. He said, yes. And then she had to ask the sheriffs if it was OK for him to have coffee. The sheriff said it was up to the SRT team. I think ML is such a high security risk that they have a special security team to handle him in the courtroom.

Then the judge had to wait for an SRT supervisor to come into the courtroom so she could ask him if it was OK for the defendant to have coffee! The SRT supervisor OK'd it and then a WOMAN (of course, it had to be the only woman on the team to do it! :rolleyes:) on his defense team went and got him coffee.

I just thought this was so interesting. Others may not think so and that's OK. lol
I find it interesting but not familiar with that case. I think everyone bought the theory SG was no threat without the command of KM.....and of course it was a woman fetching the coffee. On another OT note I did love the judge on this case.

I wanted death but knew the probability was slim. I think both KM and SG are the type that can acclimate easily to general population.

I watched a blip late last night that had one of SG's jail house snitches being interviewed saying SG would not turn on KM for something he did. I doubt I could find this again this am but it was less than 30 seconds imbedded in another video on the case. So if you believe this snitch. I don't think SG will ever spill the beans unless KM tells him too. I also think this is why SG did not have any character witnesses on his behalf at sentencing. He knows what he did it and does not want to involve anyone else.
If KM is found guilty...SG/KM will come forward with the truth, if KM is offered a reduced sentence. Until then nothing is going to happen as long as there is a chance for KM to be acquitted and able to return home to their children with no penalties. That's the SG/KM plan. The State should send SG to solitary confinement and out of the rest of the prison population now that he has been convicted. The same way they did with LR who was convicted on Federal charges. IMO.

Last edited:
For those in the know, will SG and KM be able to communicate with one another in jail - either through phone or snail mail?
When SG was led out of the court room after the verdict, was that the last time they will ever see each other?

Now that SG's fate has been decided, KM can flip without worrying about harming him. But KM has lost the leverage she had before trial and is now damaged goods based on her trial testimony -- not sure the State would offer her the same blanket immunity now. JMO.

I'm having a hard time leaving this thread even though SG's fate has been decided. I'm waiting to see what happens with KM next week, but after that it's just a waiting game. I think this is a case I will continue to follow up on for how ever long it takes to bring the rest of the conspirators to justice. Especially Wendi. If there was a way I could make her life more miserable I'd be all for it. But alas I just sit here and follow trials and become disillusioned when they don't end up the way I want them to.

Oodles of letters and not a one from the mother of Dan's kids about what an injustice it would be if all those responsible aren't brought to justice.

This speaks volumes. Wendi, we know you're reading and we know you ordered your husband to be shot in the face and murdered. Someday your kids will know, too, and you will experience the ultimate shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiasco331989