GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #9 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a hard time leaving this thread even though SG's fate has been decided. I'm waiting to see what happens with KM next week, but after that it's just a waiting game. I think this is a case I will continue to follow up on for how ever long it takes to bring the rest of the conspirators to justice. Especially Wendi. If there was a way I could make her life more miserable I'd be all for it. But alas I just sit here and follow trials and become disillusioned when they don't end up the way I want them to.

WA probably has enough distance from the crime to keep her out of the slammer. There have been other cases where a beneficiary of a crime was insulated enough to avoid serious charges, but the prosecution played hardball and got them to plead to some lesser charge to avoid jail time or at least a costly and embarrassing trial. Maybe that will eventually happen to her at some point.

Regardless, CA will definitely be charged, and I imagine DA as well (who someone mentioned is pushing 70). It's likely most of her closest family will end up behind bars. Even HA isn't immune (I recall him being caught on video having some pow-wows with the other A's), plus he's in bad health.

WA's main (though not sole) reason for heading back to Miami was to be with her family. If most of her family is behind bars, this kind of defeats the purpose.

In addition, her other brother probably will never want anything to do with her. I highly doubt she'll find another man (beyond short term dating). I mean, her ex-husband paid for his relationship with her with his life and then she fingered her next boyfriend for the crime! Who's going to want to start a life with someone like that?

Moreover, as the facts continue to unfold during future trials, it should become increasingly clear that WA was probably morally if not legally culpable for DM's demise. With all the publicity, I imagine future employers and current friends are going to become increasingly wary of associating with her.

Finally, her boys are going to grow up in a world awash with information - from social media to traditional media. There's no way they aren't going to put 2 + 2 together. She's won't be able to shield them forever - even their peers are probably going to start gossiping about this sorry affair at some point.

When her sons come to this realization, their reaction will likely be worthy of a Greek tragedy or Shakespearean play. No way that they're going to want to have anything to do with her.

While she may be able to smugly dismiss the idea that the state will arrest her today, we'll see how much she's gloating when she ends up old, alone, and maybe even without much money - haunted by the horror of what happened to a man she once pledge to love onto death.

MOO

WA probably has enough distance from the crime to keep her out of the slammer. There have been other cases where a beneficiary of a crime was insulated enough to avoid serious charges, but the prosecution played hardball and got them to plead to some lesser charge to avoid jail time or at least a costly and embarrassing trial. Maybe that will eventually happen to her at some point.

Regardless, CA will definitely be charged, and I imagine DA as well (who someone mentioned is pushing 70). It's likely most of her closest family will end up behind bars. Even HA isn't immune (I recall him being caught on video having some pow-wows with the other A's), plus he's in bad health.

WA's main (though not sole) reason for heading back to Miami was to be with her family. If most of her family is behind bars, this kind of defeats the purpose.

In addition, her other brother probably will never want anything to do with her. I highly doubt she'll find another man (beyond short term dating). I mean, her ex-husband paid for his relationship with her with his life and then she fingered her next boyfriend for the crime! Who's going to want to start a life with someone like that?

Moreover, as the facts continue to unfold during future trials, it should become increasingly clear that WA was probably morally if not legally culpable for DM's demise. With all the publicity, I imagine future employers and current friends are going to become increasingly wary of associating with her.

Finally, her boys are going to grow up in a world awash with information - from social media to traditional media. There's no way they aren't going to put 2 + 2 together. She's won't be able to shield them forever - even their peers are probably going to start gossiping about this sorry affair at some point.

When her sons come to this realization, their reaction will likely be worthy of a Greek tragedy or Shakespearean play. No way that they're going to want to have anything to do with her.

While she may be able to smugly dismiss the idea that the state will arrest her today, we'll see how much she's gloating when she ends up old, alone, and maybe even without much money - haunted by the horror of what happened to a man she once pledge to love onto death.

MOO

Well said! I'm picturing a Grey Gardens-ish ending to her life.....

Or a letter-writing campaign!
Someone has to tell her what a fool she has been. There is no price for freedom. She could have been out a long time ago. She is gambling on getting free, I believe, to get money from CA. The chance is if that doesn't work, she could be in there for a very long time and if CA is charged, she won't get any money, if, that is her reason for not coming forth.

Someone posted this earlier. I think KM should read it.

I Wish I’d Pleaded Guilty to Murder

I Wish I’d Pleaded Guilty to Murder
I saw the article upthread and get the gist of the article and why you are reposting but the subtitle bothered me so much:

"Exercising my right to a jury trial cost me years of my life"

I will always be of the opinion if you commit murder YOU cost yourself years of your life...

thank you GordonX for your link back to my question about WA having tried prior to hiring SG/LR and they took the money. Well, folks, Loose Lips Sink Ships. This I am praying will hold true and I pray cops get better at their surveillance technology in the future. Now what I am wondering is how long will a magistrate allow a wiretap? I hope indefinitely

The one piece of evidence from this trial that continues to haunt me is the audio tape of Charlie describing the behavioural problems of Wendi’s eldest child. Charlie said that no one is willing to discipline this poor boy. I imagine that Wendi is painfully aware that, in a short while, her children will loathe her for the murder of their father, which was done at her behest. It may be that she is trying to curry this child’s love by failing to be the firm parent he needs. In doing so, she is, once again, putting her own wants/needs ahead of her own child.

Last edited:
The one piece of evidence from this trial that continues to haunt me is the audio tape of Charlie describing the behavioural problems of Wendi’s eldest child. Charlie said that no one is willing to discipline this poor boy. I imagine that Wendi is painfully aware that, in a short while, her children will loathe her for the murder of their father, which was done at her behest. It may be that she is trying to curry this child’s love by failing to be the firm parent he needs. In doing so, she is, once again, putting her own wants/needs ahead of her own child.

WTH How did I miss this? Granted I missed half the trial due to the delays. The trial snuck up on me.

Can you link this?

I have no recollection of this and would like a link as well!

@DTPeke, this was not in the trial.

I thought I was going crazy there. I am still waiting for the honey hole of evidence i.e. jail house calls, inteviews. etc...like in the Casey Anthony case...everything was released...

I wish the podcaster had a website with all of this. He said in the 20/20 interview that he got something like 1 terabyte of info from the state.

I have no recollection of this and would like a link as well!

@DTPeke, this was not in the trial.

I heard this as well but don't remember if it was during the trial and playing of wiretaps or during the 20/20 episode. I feel like it may have been part of the 20/20 show. They played a few of the wiretaps.

I haven't heard about this. Could you tell me what you heard and where please?

I wish the podcaster had a website with all of this. He said in the 20/20 interview that he got something like 1 terabyte of info from the state.
Which podcaster is it? I can reach out to him. Maybe get him to be a verified WS member....or a promise of a certain amount of members to join his pod for him to release some info or take Q&A from us?

It's at around 1:18:00 here -

"Nobody wants to lay the law down with him."

FSU Law Professor Murder Trial Day 7 Witness: Spc Agt Patrick Sanford - Wiretap Recordings Part 1
Law & Crime Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member