GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On this same November 7 conversation:
  • CA asks Janice to throw away his sex toys so that his parents don't find them (DA was still free at this time).
  • Janice starts to freak out, almost crying ("this is moving way too fast") over uncertainty about the future of the house but two minute later she's laughing again.
  • Even with everything going on, Janice is thinking mainly of herself. Brings up the house again and says "I don't have a place to go".
  • CA mentions that HA had an aneurysm
  • Janice is laughing when she is rounding up the sex toys while CA gives instructions on where they are located in various parts of the house.
  • Janice had "the bar" ready for CA upon his acquittal.
  • CA was very positive on Sunday evening, and like has been reported a lot, he "gave away his canteen" thinking he was going home.
  • Janice seemed happy to adopt Bubbles the dog but again emphasized again that she had no place to go. Bubbles about to have his sixth birthday.
This only half of it but hopefully five weeks later Janice understands that her days at Whale Harbor are numbered.
O.K. I'm ignorant. What does "gave away his canteen" mean? What is his "canteen"?

That one text they showed at trial of Wendi asking Dan if he will be home on the day of the murder is very suspicious to me. She says in the text that she wants to have the boys on the 16th, a Wednesday and so she wants to make sure he will be home that week. As you will recall, he had the boys that week. Wendi said at the police station that during the week, when one had the kids, the other one would get them on Wednesday evening as a matter of course. So why ask?

One possibility is that if either one took the boys somewhere during their week ( Wendi went to South Florida a lot), this Wednesday visit couldn’t happen. So I guess she could have been making sure he would be in town and she would have the boys. But this doesn’t seem right to me. Their deal was she would have had the boys by default UNLESS he was leaving town. It seems to me that the burden would have been on HIM to call and tell her he was leaving town; that would have been an exception to their general pattern. (Surely they didn’t have to check with each other each week just to make sure one wasn’t going out of town.) So why did she need to call and ask if he would be in town this specific Wednesday, and why did she say she “wanted to” have them? She was going to have them anyway, per their agreement.

The call, to me, seems like a pretext. Especially because, the testimony at trial based on cell tower records was that she made this call from the area of her parents’ condo, when they were all together for Harvey’s birthday. Phone tower records also show Charlie was with Katie at his house when this text was sent. Hinky, indeed.
Just in terms of drawing any kinds of conclusions about anything, doesn't one need to know the pattern, before deciding whether some event 'doesn't fit the pattern.'?

It would also be helpful to know what the conversations were about, between WA and others such as DA and CA, at that event.

I get that people have strong emotional reactions, but I am not interested in their emotions, I am interested in what stands up in court, as proof.

JMO

I do not like this time of year, there is way too much extra stuff to do. I like parties, and presents, but I hate feeling compelled to buy so many things and go to so many parties all within a two or three week period before the big school break. I always end up feeling bloated, hung over, and like I am just bleeding money. The season is both too short and too long. Too long because the stores started with the carols and decorations just after Halloween this year, but too short because I wish people could be as kind and caring toward others all year as they are during this time.

I wish I could have your attitude and joy in what you are doing this time of year. I sincerely mean that, even though I sound like a grinch. Please keep doing what you’re doing, I bet you make lots of people happy every year, and that’s really what it’s all about, isn’t it? We will still be here, 10 pounds heavier and many many dollars lighter, when you get back.
I'mmma not gonna lie -- been drinking a-lot-a-lotta egg nog! Also, 'Tis the Season has been smiling down on me at the "buggy" (as they say in Alabama -- it's not "cart") corrals at Aldi. Seems that there is a quarter already in the hopper and I get to keep it when I return the cart. Over the past month, I've made about $3.00 in quarters! (Still, doesn't offset the cost of inflated grocery prices -- Bah Humbug!)

Just a few more points from the CA-Janice conversation:
  • Rashbaum mentioned the tremendous media coverage of this case to CA, including international and social media. CA is very bitter over this, mentions that his appeal won't be able to go unnoticed when filed.
  • CA needs to find an appellate attorney (maybe he has one by now). CA says two years until appeal is filed and then heard, and then six months after that for a new trial but admits it would be a miracle if that happens. He's just processing that the absolute minimum time he'll be in prison is 2.5 years but is dejected and not hopeful at all.
  • CA will be deciding whether to rent or sell Whale Harbor. It's costing him $2K/month right now.
  • CA doesn't want Janice to take either one of the wall-mounted TVs in the house, in case he decides to rent it.
  • CA is aware that they are monitoring this call and says "TV" was never code for anything.
  • CA about jail: "I don't belong here, I'm a fish out of water". "I'll never go to the beach again or boat again. I'll never go to a nice dinner again, go on a date again, play football with my son." "The only thing I'm going to do is sit here and think about it and remember what it used to be like until I die."
  • More talk about the house. Parents may want to sell it to raise money. Asks Janice to help them box up things if they need help, Janice offers to move stuff to her storage.
  • Call closes with "I'm never coming home". Janice crying.
What he's not saying: "I can't believe this has happened to me, I'm innocent, I swear to you, I would never try to kill anyone, that crazy KM she lied, why would she lie about me, don't worry, I'll beat this, they made a mistake, I'll get out, I won't ever give up because I'm innocent..."

JMO

THAT’s who that was! I didn’t realize these people had family who were still talking to them. The guy says he’s going to try to help Charlie and he has talked to Charlie’s legal team in the past. Wow.
Trying to get up to date on all the details of this case. Do we know whose X account is “Justice for Dan”? Photo looks like CA so I am confused.

Not sure if this has already been commented on ; but the jail call titled: (Charlie Adelson & Donna Complain about the Prosecutor and More)

More towards the end of that call they start discussing when the Markels visited their grandchildren in Miami with Wendi (just prior to Charlie's arrest) it made me sad how Donna was saying that their visit was just for "show" and the boys described it as a "weird" visit to Donna. I hate for the Markels to hear this conversation.
Yeah, I imagine it is difficult to visit the boys because at the same time they have to be around the family that got their son killed. Of course, it was likely an awkward visit for the boys; they do not know them well though no fault of the Markels. They haven't been allowed to be a major part of their lives since Dan died like Donna and Harvey were able to be. (as far as what I know)
'also, listening to them discuss the trial - it is like neither Charlie or Donna have ever seen a real life trial before. They cannot believe the state gets a closing and rebuttal. Too bad DR did not explain some of this to them and educate them a tad more.
They also seem to think any doubt whatsoever should equal a Not Guilty verdict. The calls are really telling about what kind of people they are. It really gets me that they think DR's closing was on point and well done and Georgia's was like a "dateline special" with a "southern accent" thrown in. LOL and donna says multiple times "everybody agrees" Nooo, Donna; we do not all agree; Just your family and friends; us out here in the real world wholeheartedly disagree with you.

I cannot wait to hear the calls with Charlie after Donna has been arrested.

Sorry if this has been discussed. I haven't had time to go through the entire thread just yet.

Moo; Mooo; Moooo

Trying to get up to date on all the details of this case. Do we know whose X account is “Justice for Dan”? Photo looks like CA so I am confused.

Likely Karen Cyphers in Tallahassee, a friend of DM and she's been flying the flag for DM justice since the beginning and has a Facebook page with the same name. It's been common for folks to change their profile picture to Donna or Charlie during the recent months.

I've been following all along.
I just can't believe this despicable family.

Waiting, waiting for Wendi to be held liable and culpable as well...one way or the other.
I’m worried she’s going to slip away with the boys to non-extradition land. She’s watching the rest of them, one by one, fall like flies. She‘s got to be worrying who they will arrest next.

Just a few more points from the CA-Janice conversation:
  • Rashbaum mentioned the tremendous media coverage of this case to CA, including international and social media. CA is very bitter over this, mentions that his appeal won't be able to go unnoticed when filed.
  • CA needs to find an appellate attorney (maybe he has one by now). CA says two years until appeal is filed and then heard, and then six months after that for a new trial but admits it would be a miracle if that happens. He's just processing that the absolute minimum time he'll be in prison is 2.5 years but is dejected and not hopeful at all.
  • CA will be deciding whether to rent or sell Whale Harbor. It's costing him $2K/month right now.
  • CA doesn't want Janice to take either one of the wall-mounted TVs in the house, in case he decides to rent it.
  • CA is aware that they are monitoring this call and says "TV" was never code for anything.
  • CA about jail: "I don't belong here, I'm a fish out of water". "I'll never go to the beach again or boat again. I'll never go to a nice dinner again, go on a date again, play football with my son." "The only thing I'm going to do is sit here and think about it and remember what it used to be like until I die."
  • More talk about the house. Parents may want to sell it to raise money. Asks Janice to help them box up things if they need help, Janice offers to move stuff to her storage.
  • Call closes with "I'm never coming home". Janice crying.
His son comes after the beach and the nice dinner. Priorities.

Just in terms of drawing any kinds of conclusions about anything, doesn't one need to know the pattern, before deciding whether some event 'doesn't fit the pattern.'?

It would also be helpful to know what the conversations were about, between WA and others such as DA and CA, at that event.

I get that people have strong emotional reactions, but I am not interested in their emotions, I am interested in what stands up in court, as proof.

JMO
I’m saying that the pattern, according to what Wendi said at the police interview, was for the parent who didn’t have the kids that week to have them for a Wednesday overnight. So, in my opinion, ASKING to have the kids for a Wednesday overnight doesn’t fit that pattern.

I’m saying that the pattern, according to what Wendi said at the police interview, was for the parent who didn’t have the kids that week to have them for a Wednesday overnight. So, in my opinion, ASKING to have the kids for a Wednesday overnight doesn’t fit that pattern.
I meant the pattern of whether she just assumed Dan was on the same page as her in terms of the schedule, or whether she always checked in to confirm.

Also, was there something her mother had asked, that lead her to check.

JMO

Not sure if this has already been commented on ; but the jail call titled: (Charlie Adelson & Donna Complain about the Prosecutor and More)

More towards the end of that call they start discussing when the Markels visited their grandchildren in Miami with Wendi (just prior to Charlie's arrest) it made me sad how Donna was saying that their visit was just for "show" and the boys described it as a "weird" visit to Donna. I hate for the Markels to hear this conversation.
Yeah, I imagine it is difficult to visit the boys because at the same time they have to be around the family that got their son killed. Of course, it was likely an awkward visit for the boys; they do not know them well though no fault of the Markels. They haven't been allowed to be a major part of their lives since Dan died like Donna and Harvey were able to be. (as far as what I know)
'also, listening to them discuss the trial - it is like neither Charlie or Donna have ever seen a real life trial before. They cannot believe the state gets a closing and rebuttal. Too bad DR did not explain some of this to them and educate them a tad more.
They also seem to think any doubt whatsoever should equal a Not Guilty verdict. The calls are really telling about what kind of people they are. It really gets me that they think DR's closing was on point and well done and Georgia's was like a "dateline special" with a "southern accent" thrown in. LOL and donna says multiple times "everybody agrees" Nooo, Donna; we do not all agree; Just your family and friends; us out here in the real world wholeheartedly disagree with you.

I cannot wait to hear the calls with Charlie after Donna has been arrested.

Sorry if this has been discussed. I haven't had time to go through the entire thread just yet.

Moo; Mooo; Moooo
Their hatred of Tallahassee and its people really showed. They sound like snobby big town people looking down on “the little folks”. Absolutely no respect for authority, protocol and the legal system.Unlike their daughter lol. (She has stated she respects the legal system. Yes, when she can manipulate it!

Their hatred of Tallahassee and its people really showed. They sound like snobby big town people looking down on “the little folks”. Absolutely no respect for authority, protocol and the legal system.Unlike their daughter lol. (She has stated she respects the legal system. Yes, when she can manipulate it!
Then maybe don't commit murder in places that are beneath you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hskrgrl1955