FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She does say that making the character an attorney from the panhandle “wasn’t much of a stretch,” if I recall correctly, and that the book is “softly fictionalized.”
and at one point she mentions that she and her team were used to helping LE with their inquiries on trafficking ( I think it was by phone) Anyway, I guess she was quite confident dealing with cops on a professional basis. ( In the Isom interview, iirc she also claimed that she'd been to TPD before - to help clients - and was more used to being in there in another capacity)

That ' softly fictionalised' made my jaw drop. She also mentions some kind of evil matriarch running a family crime gang.

I haven't managed to watch it all - it's so long and she's so irritating and fake.
(At the same time, her co-conspirator brother is reputed to have visit third world countries to exploit poor sex workers - and maybe minors too
According to Lacasse, he also joked about punishing a woman via a sex act in front of her. )

Last edited:
"...And the third character is a public interest lawyer who lives in the Florida Panhandle, so that was not a stretch for me." Begins at 5:01 of 1:00:18.
You know what is sickeningly apparent (a parent?) is how she calculates how much money the Cardenas family made trafficing under age girls ($2.5 million in 2 years.) in the U.S.A, but can't tell/say whether or not her parents practice made a lot of money. HYPOCRISY much? Or underage girls being alienated and forced into abusive situations? Or that she would not know the consequences for perjury by the victimizers?
Maybe CA gave her the inside track of how it is done? (Yah, that was a low shot on my part, but someone had to say it.:mad::mad:)
Oh and the move to So Fla, quickly passed off as a "change in family situation."

Last edited:
and at one point she mentions that she and her team were used to helping LE with their inquiries on trafficking ( I think it was by phone) Anyway, I guess she was quite confident dealing with cops on a professional basis.

That ' softly fictionalised' made my jaw drop. She also mentions some kind of evil matriarch running a family crime gang.

I haven't managed to watch it all - it's so long and she's so irritating and fake.
(At the same time, her co-conspirator brother is reputed to visit third world countries to exploit poor sex workers - and maybe minors too
According to Lacasse, he also joked about punishing a woman via a sex act in front of her. )
Theres a review of her book on a legal blog somewhere, I found it entertaining. According to the review, the attorney character is helped by a local cop to save the human trafficking victims. And, yes, I do remember something about a matriarch and her sons who are part of the trafficking.

"...And the third character is a public interest lawyer who lives in the Florida Panhandle, so that was not a stretch for me." Begins at 5:01 of 1:00:18.
You know what is sickeningly apparent (a parent?) is how she calculates how much money the Cardenas family made trafficing under age girls ($2.5 million) in the U.S.A, but can't tell/say whether or not her parents practice made a lot of money. HYPOCRISY much? Or underage girls being alienated and forced into abusive situations?
Maybe CA gave her the inside track of how it is done? (Yah, that was a low shot on my part, but someone had to say it.:mad::mad:)
Charlie & Wendi - two peas in a pod
Pathological liars, schmoozers and fakers.

and at one point she mentions that she and her team were used to helping LE with their inquiries on trafficking ( I think it was by phone) Anyway, I guess she was quite confident dealing with cops on a professional basis. ( In the Isom interview, iirc she also claimed that she'd been to TPD before - to help clients - and was more used to being in there in another capacity)

(At the same time, her co-conspirator brother is reputed to have visit third world countries to exploit poor sex workers - and maybe minors too
I watched it all but fell asleep at the end soI have to rewind.
yes the grandmother who commissioned the whole family, Sons and daughters.
wendi taking time off from her kids on spring break. But at that time she was no longer a professor? In spring 2015 she was In S FL.

Charlie & Wendi - two peas in a pod
Pathological liars, schmoozers and fakers.
How about the “TV”mention? (Trafficking visa)
she did mention that 75 year old matriarch of the family and it being “a pure family business”. And that she was the “mastermind”behind the trafficking.
She also expressed people being in limbo until justice is served.
Life imitating art.

Oh, and the nod at the beginning to someone being a “Fellow Truman Scholar” (not too self absorbed)
The skirt mention was a bit of a tease too. Nice way to start.

I watched it all but fell asleep at the end soI have to rewind.
yes the grandmother who commissioned the whole family, Sons and daughters.
wendi taking time off from her kids on spring break. But at that time she was no longer a professor? In spring 2015 she was In S FL.
Maybe the kids were on Spring Break?

Theres a review of her book on a legal blog somewhere, I found it entertaining. According to the review, the attorney character is helped by a local cop to save the human trafficking victims. And, yes, I do remember something about a matriarch and her sons who are part of the trafficking.
Tallahassee Democrat.
Trying to post the link but it’s not posting.

Not a book review,but her podcast which she highlights her book. The book review may be on Taxprof blog or Florida Politics. Those are where I got all my info warly on.

How about the “TV”mention? (Trafficking visa)
she did mention that 75 year old matriarch of the family and it being “a pure family business”. And that she was the “mastermind”behind the trafficking.
She also expressed people being in limbo until justice is served.
Life imitating art.

Oh, and the nod at the beginning to someone being a “Fellow Truman Scholar” (not too self absorbed)
The skirt mention was a bit of a tease too. Nice way to start.

Yes when i heard that Truman reference I rolled my eyes. Very smoothly done though. Give somebody else a compliment whilst humble-bragging for yourself

Also what comes to mind now is Tamara Demko telling Isom that Wendi was exceptionally good at PR, so good at it that she managed to get a publishing contract despite having previously self-published. TD said that was unusual.

ETA - I missed the skirt reference. I must have zoned out - she's so saccharine it's like drowning in corn syrup.

BTW Did everybody notice how much she uses hand gestures to communicate? Such a contrast from trial testimony and Isom interview. ( Hands mostly used to hide face imo)

Last edited:
Yes when i heard that Truman reference I rolled my eyes. Very smoothly done though. Give somebody else a compliment whilst humble-bragging for yourself

Also what comes to mind now is Tamara Demko telling Isom that Wendi was exceptionally good at PR, so good at it that she managed to get a publishing contract. TD said that was unusual.
She definitely has that gift..I actually learned a lot from that talk that I didn’t know. This talk gives so much more insight into the person of Wendi.
All we really got to see was her on the stand in defense mode.
we can see here how charming she can be if she wants to be,and how she can capture the heart!!

Last edited:
BTW I can't post the link but there's a YTuber who's done - imo - a funny and astute analysis of Wendi's Isom interview. ( He's done a few but I've only watched one. Never come across him before. YT suggested it )

Even though he's new to the Markel Case, seems that he's used to analysing LE interrogations. He picks up stuff that I've never heard before and brings out the absurdity.

He's called ' TRUE CRIME loser' and vid is called

Wendi Adelson Interrogation Analysis​

Last edited:

Also what comes to mind now is Tamara Demko telling Isom that Wendi was exceptionally good at PR, so good at it that she managed to get a publishing contract despite having previously self-published. TD said that was unusual.

ETA - I missed the skirt reference. I must have zoned out - she's so saccharine it's like drowning in corn syrup.

BTW Did everybody notice how much she uses hand gestures to communicate? Such a contrast from trial testimony and Isom interview. ( Hands mostly used to hide face imo)
The skirt mention is @2:22

BTW I can't post the link but there's a YTuber who's done - imo - a funny and astute analysis of Wendi's Isom interview. ( He's done a few but I've only watched one )

Even though he's new to the Markel Case, seems that he's used to analysing LE interrogations. He picks up stuff that I've never heard before and brings out the absurdity.

Wow.I used to watch him when he would do videos before work on the Chris Watts case. He had only a handful of subs.

Actually, I thought she used her hands a lot on the stand, particularly when she is describing the “k turn“ and how she saw “the tape.” I remember her making a gesture for the tape.

Wendi talking about her book ' This is our Story', almost on year anniversary of Dan's murder

July 15, 2015
Just to add that Judy from Asian American Legal Focus & True Lifestyles are doing a ' Live ' on this now too if you want their perspectives
They are making many of the same observations we've made. They've ' got her number' as the saying goes

PS True Lifestyles says DA is no longer on SWatch

Last edited:
Thank you cottonweaver… whew! Trying really hard to get all the little tiny details of this case and I thought I’d really missed something important. I think if CA hadn’t been there, well that would be a game changer. Yes wonder whose phone, and surprised that it wasn’t deleted. I’ll bet WA wishes now that pic was never taken! “Dang!” Moo
The suspects and convicted parties have made it a convuluted mess for us due to changing testimonies, wearing the same outfits for multiple court dates, etc.
Telling the truth is much easier than trying to remember ones’s lies!

BTW I can't post the link but there's a YTuber who's done - imo - a funny and astute analysis of Wendi's Isom interview. ( He's done a few but I've only watched one. Never come across him before. YT suggested it )

I liked this one a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads