FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ufferman has yet to file Adelson’s initial appellate brief, which would detail any alleged errors by the judge and recommend remedies that could include a new trial.
He has 70 days to file the brief, I believe. But there is also a deadline to file the Notice of Appeal. You need to file the Notice before that deadline to preserve your right to appeal. The Notice is often done as a matter of course in order to preserve the right to appeal, even before the attorney has determined exactly which issues will ultimately be raised.

There is a commercial for The Adelson Institute (that name always cracked me up. So pretentious for their dental practice to have such a name when, as far as I know where there was a dentist, a hygienist (maybe two?), 2 or 3 admin staff (incl Donna) and of course the traveling periodontist. Small family practice = an institute? Lol ok.). Anyway there’s a commercial for their practice on the internet that is apparently hard to find. I saw it on one of Roberta Glass’ episodes (sorry I don’t remember which one. She showed it sort of spontaneously, not planned…she had to look for it for a few min, and I forget what the episode was called). Anyway, again, in the commercial it shows someone in the chair getting her teeth cleaned, or a set up procedure (by Charlie). That girl was apparently KM. There was a brief close up shot of her open mouth. Oh my what a good sport.
I could make a tasteless joke here, but will refrain.

Did you also mean to make a tasteless (tasteless) pun?? Said to be the lowest form of humor, but I love them.
I love puns, but no, there was no pun intended, sadly. Also, I hate it when people say “no pun intended” when they obviously see the pun. They did intend it! People never say “no pun intended” unless they see the pun and are amused by it!

It's such a complicated case, three trials, impossible for anybody to remember it all. Got no choice but to collaborate together to try and keep ourselves going off the rails on the details

BTW I don't ever recall hearing who took the photo/ put it on SM, but somebody here might know.

Looking ahead to Donna's trial, I'd also love to know if any WS-er knows more about Katie being a patient of Harvey's but I don't want to start rewatching all KM's evidence X 3 again to see if Georgia ever asked her or the dental staff
rbbm
''Mascaro testified how she and Magbanua met Wendi Adelson on Father’s Day weekend of 2014, and how Charlie had given Magbanua a Lexus “in really nice shape” — “pristine” — when her own vehicle was having trouble, well after the two had broken up.''

''And when asked if Magbanua had any relationship with Charlie’s parents, Mascaro said, “Harvey would do her cleanings, and I believe he also did pull some teeth.”
Dugan asked her witness to clarify, “Nothing other a patient-dentist relationship?”
“No,” said Mascaro''.

rbbm
''Mascaro testified how she and Magbanua met Wendi Adelson on Father’s Day weekend of 2014, and how Charlie had given Magbanua a Lexus “in really nice shape” — “pristine” — when her own vehicle was having trouble, well after the two had broken up.''

''And when asked if Magbanua had any relationship with Charlie’s parents, Mascaro said, “Harvey would do her cleanings, and I believe he also did pull some teeth.”
Dugan asked her witness to clarify, “Nothing other a patient-dentist relationship?”
“No,” said Mascaro''.
Thanks so much @dotr . You are amazing! Bloodhound tracker.

I wonder when Harvey was doing her teeth?
eg If it was after the date CA claimed for their break-up
eg. How many other women from the horde of exes did Harvey do freebies for, months & years (?) later? ( Just the potential witnesses?)

- If Katie's treatments had been on the Institute's books, then surely the State would already have the records.
OTOH If they omitted her from their records that's surely another little black mark against Harvey/the parents ( Potentially Donna as clinic manager if the dates lined-up)

always looking for a crumb of incrimination against this crew

Thank you cottonweaver… whew! Trying really hard to get all the little tiny details of this case and I thought I’d really missed something important. I think if CA hadn’t been there, well that would be a game changer. Yes wonder whose phone, and surprised that it wasn’t deleted. I’ll bet WA wishes now that pic was never taken! “Dang!” Moo
Could have been that Wendi asked for it. It incriminates Katie.
Edit- Of course the photo Itself isn’t incriminating but it’s part of the puzzle connecting Katie. Wendi does nothing without a plan.

Last edited:
It's such a complicated case, three trials, impossible for anybody to remember it all. Got no choice but to collaborate together to try and keep ourselves going off the rails on the details

BTW I don't ever recall hearing who took the photo/ put it on SM, but somebody here might know.

Looking ahead to Donna's trial, I'd also love to know if any WS-er knows more about Katie being a patient of Harvey's but I don't want to start rewatching all KM's evidence X 3 again to see if Georgia ever asked her or the dental staff
Almost sure she was there at least once. But I couldn’t direct you to where I heard it.
OK I see someone posted it!.

Lawyer You Know has done a ' deep dive' on Michael Offerman.

On one of the jail calls CA says he doesn't want to spend a lot on an Appellate lawyer. Looks like he changed his mind.
Maybe Donna will try the same approach when she selects her local attorney?

Last edited:
Lawyer You Know has done a ' deep dive' on Michael Offerman.

On one of the jail calls CA says he doesn't want to spend a lot on an Appellate lawyer. Looks like he changed his mind.
Maybe Donna will try the same approach when she selects her local attorney?
Offerman looks like one of those bow tie guys. They are usually characters. I like the name “Offer man”…

Charlie makes a list of Miami's 12 worst people of 2023.

---

Charlie Adelson​

A TV set would have been sufficient for his sister's divorce present. Instead, Fort Lauderdale periodontist Charlie Adelson hired two hit men to kill his sister's estranged husband, Florida State University law professor Dan Markel, in Markel's Tallahassee driveway in 2014. After years on the police radar, Adelson was arrested in April 2022. During his trial this past fall, co-conspirator and Adelson's ex-girlfriend Katherine Magbanua told a Leon County jury how Adelson approached her about finding a hit man on Halloween and how she linked him up with Sigfredo Garcia and Luis Rivera. Taking the stand in his defense, the dentist maintained that Garcia and Rivera took it upon themselves to murder Markel and then tried to extort him out of money. Adelson insisted he was joking when he spoke of hiring a hit man as a divorce present for his sister. Declining to buy what Charlie was selling, the jury convicted the 47-year-old of first-degree murder, solicitation, and conspiracy to commit murder. Adelson's mother, Donna, is a candidate for next year's Dirty Dozen: A week after her son's conviction, she was arrested while attempting to board a flight out of Miami International Airport to Vietnam — a non-extradition country. Coincidence? Tell it to the jury.
The New Times is a bit “out there” but living in S Florida, I have come to respect their stories, bc the Sentinel and the Herald are politically driven , and hold back from many stories. I had hoped someone would get the story to them. They are a bit fearless. We used to get the paper on the streets in shopping centers etc. I had forgotten about them Since that ended several years back.

Wendi talking about her book ' This is our Story', almost on year anniversary of Dan's murder

July 15, 2015
She appears to me to be wearing the same dress/jacket she wore on the stand for Katie’s trial, twice.

Last edited:
OMG- she appears to me to be wearing the same dress/jacket she wore in the stand for Katie’s trial. Twice.
WOW. Just a few minutes in, and you have to admit she is charismatic and engaging…but 2015 and she has been speaking about human trafficking for the last 10 years? Before she graduated law school? This will make for some nice viewing later.
The dress! At this point quite creepy.

There is a commercial for The Adelson Institute (that name always cracked me up. So pretentious for their dental practice to have such a name when, as far as I know where there was a dentist, a hygienist (maybe two?), 2 or 3 admin staff (incl Donna) and of course the traveling periodontist. Small family practice = an institute? Lol ok.). Anyway there’s a commercial for their practice on the internet that is apparently hard to find. I saw it on one of Roberta Glass’ episodes (sorry I don’t remember which one. She showed it sort of spontaneously, not planned…she had to look for it for a few min, and I forget what the episode was called). Anyway, again, in the commercial it shows someone in the chair getting her teeth cleaned, or a set up procedure (by Charlie). That girl was apparently KM. There was a brief close up shot of her open mouth. Oh my what a good sport.

WOW. Just a few minutes in, and you have to admit she is charismatic and engaging…but 2015 and she has been speaking about human trafficking for the last 10 years? Before she graduated law school? This will make for some nice viewing later.
The dress! At this point quite creepy.
It is strange. I’ve heard people say that she may have chosen to wear the same dress for both trials so people searching the web for her might be confused as to which video came up. If so, that is interesting in my opinion, considering there is also this video of her wearing the same outfit, which theoretically could also come up in a search. To me, that adds another possible dimension to the choice.

It is also interesting to me to compare her demeanor here with her demeanor on the stand, and at the police interview.

It is strange. I’ve heard people say that she may have chosen to wear the same dress for both trials so people searching the web for her might be confused as to which video came up. If so, that is interesting in my opinion, considering there is also this video of her wearing the same outfit, which theoretically could also come up in a search. To me, that adds another possible dimension to the choice.

It is also interesting to me to compare her demeanor here with her demeanor on the stand, and at the police interview.
Yes definitely different demeanor. She stated “The novel is inspired by the work I have done over the last decade or so”….which makes no sense considering when she wrote that book it was 2011 if I remember correctly-and how could she have done anything for a decade at that point? even if you backtrack on her work in 2015 a decade, she would be in law school, and how could something that far back. Inspire her to write a book in 2011? Where is the “decade”? Anyway you slice it in 2015 she had no decade to write a book 4 years prior….
And about the dress. She may be superstitious and it may have become her “lucky dress” or her costume for a performance.

I can definitely see just a few minutes in that she does in fact know how to draw people in. And I'm wondering if her book addresses her marriage. The suspense is killing me lol. Prob not.

Yes definitely different demeanor. She stated “The novel is inspired by the work I have done over the last decade or so”….which makes no sense considering when she wrote that book it was 2011 if I remember correctly-and how could she have done anything for a decade at that point? even if you backtrack on her work in 2015 a decade, she would be in law school, and how could something that far back. Inspire her to write a book in 2011? Where is the “decade”? Anyway you slice it in 2015 she had no decade to write a book 4 years prior….
And about the dress. She may be superstitious and it may have become her “lucky dress” or her costume for a performance.

I can definitely see just a few minutes in that she does in fact know how to draw people in. And I'm wondering if her book addresses her marriage. The suspense is killing me lol. Prob not.
She does say that making the character an attorney from the panhandle “wasn’t much of a stretch,” if I recall correctly, and that the book is “softly fictionalized.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3