FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gigi from PL &A has put together a comparison of some of the contradictions between Wendi's three trial testimonies.

'Dan Markel Murder Series - Comparing Wendi's Testimony From The Trial: Part 1'

Hmmm...maybe CA is not a leader. Despite his bravado he seems like a man who is easily lead. Perhaps the apple has not fallen from the tree. (Did you book an aisle seat HA?)
Snipped for focus....***My freshman English teacher just screamed from afar... she just can't get it...***
"Hmmm...maybe CA is not a leader. Despite his bravado he seems like a man who is easily lead. Perhaps the apple has not fallen from the tree. (Did you book an aisle seat HA?)"
It was too late for me to edit my post...lead should have been "led." Despite his bravado he seems like a man who is easily led.
Just want to make sure my meaning was correctly conveyed.
Ugh English can be so tough! I read a book (present), I read a book (past tense) spelled the same, pronounced differently. I lead (present), I led (past) but if it was a heavy piece of metal it would be "lead" and pronounced like "led."

Snipped for focus....***My freshman English teacher just screamed from afar... she just can't get it...***
"Hmmm...maybe CA is not a leader. Despite his bravado he seems like a man who is easily lead. Perhaps the apple has not fallen from the tree. (Did you book an aisle seat HA?)"
It was too late for me to edit my post...lead should have been "led." Despite his bravado he seems like a man who is easily led.
Just want to make sure my meaning was correctly conveyed.
Ugh English can be so tough! I read a book (present), I read a book (past tense) spelled the same, pronounced differently. I lead (present), I led (past) but if it was a heavy piece of metal it would be "lead" and pronounced like "led."
Yeah, you just have to memorize a lot of these things. Don’t get me started on enough, through, though, thought, and tough. Ough!

Yeah, you just have to memorize a lot of these things. Don’t get me started on enough, through, though, thought, and tough. Ough!
remember that "ghoti" is "fish".

"gh" from "enough". "i" from "women" and "ti" from "nation". Promise no more off topic. Sorry ESL teaching in my background.

Last edited:
Yes the “gh” is interesting. You can’t make sense of English. But I find it strange to assign a masculine or feminine with Spanish. I’m surprised they haven’t changed the language yet to different pronouns…to reflect neutral gender lol

Gigi's Part 2 episode looking at more inconsistencies across Wendi's 3 trial testimonies
Saw one yesterday. Maybe the first part.
I like how Gigi’ is covering this.
Very time consuming to watch everything and catch the lies.

I am especially interested in the question GC asked Wendi “Was Katie ever present when you were on the phone with Charlie“,which Wendi said a definite “No“.
That lets me know Georgia has more she’s saving.

Saw one yesterday. Maybe the first part.
I like how Gigi’ is covering this.
Very time consuming to watch everything and catch the lies.

I am especially interested in the question GC asked Wendi “Was Katie ever present when you were on the phone with Charlie“,which Wendi said a definite “No“.
That lets me know Georgia has more she’s saving.
Yes, Gigi really puts the work in - methodical too.

Re that second point, I missed it, but do you think she meant Katie was in the background at Charlies when Charlie & Wendi spoke on the phone?

BTW in that AA Legal Focus & True Lifestyles show I posted about, did you hear Judy & Susan say that both had had WA's attorney watching their content?
----

BTW @IQuestion it was too late to edit my post but I forgot to add that in Gigi's Part 2, a reference by Wendi calling Jeff Skopek by whatsapp is made. ( This is the academic-friend who's in UK & she's calling while driving Trescott. ) What I'd like to know, is whether LEO Corbett or other techies can determine that it's a call over whatsapp? The call is on the call log exhibit. All rather confusing to me tbh. ( I also do a lot of calls via FTime Audio )

Elsewhere - sorry no link, I should have posted it at time I watched Wendi say it - she said that as well as deleting her texts and calendar appointments, she typically emptied her phone trash box of texts too. ( OK, everybody is different but i rarely do that. A meticulous habit. Most people I know who did that were people having affairs )

Last edited:
Yes, Gigi really puts the work in - methodical too.

Re that second point, I missed it, but do you think she meant Katie was in the background at Charlies when Charlie & Wendi spoke on the phone?

BTW in that AA Legal Focus & True Lifestyles show I posted about, did you hear Judy & Susan say that both had had WA's attorney watching their content?
----

BTW @IQuestion it was too late to edit my post but I forgot to add that in Gigi's Part 2, a reference by Wendi calling Jeff Skopek by whatsapp is made. ( This is the academic-friend who's in UK & she's calling while driving Trescott. ) What I'd like to know, is whether LEO Corbett or other techies can determine that it's a call over whatsapp? The call is on the call log exhibit. All rather confusing to me tbh. ( I also do a lot of calls via FTime Audio )

Elsewhere - sorry no link, I should have posted it at time I watched Wendi say it - she said that as well as deleting her texts and calendar appointments, she typically emptied her phone trash box of texts too. ( OK, everybody is different but i rarely do that. A meticulous habit. Most people I know who did that were people having affairs )
yes I do know W was on with Jeff for 14 min’s and 16 minutes the morning of. The log seemed to be phone to phone which makes sense bc its part of her alibi.

Yes about Katie being in the background.
I just wondered why Georgia would have asked,

Did you see this? Who Owns Charlie Adelson's Whale Harbor Home?

PS Read RaoulThomas comment to get the gist of what’s going on.

Last edited:
yes I do know W was on with Jeff for 14 min’s and 16 minutes the morning of. The log seemed to be phone to phone which makes sense bc its part of her alibi.

Yes about Katie being in the background.
I just wondered why Georgia would have asked,

Did you see this? Who Owns Charlie Adelson's Whale Harbor Home?

PS Read RaoulThomas comment to get the gist of what’s going on.
Re my whatsapp point. Am just interested in why Georgia has to ask her whether she did have whatsapp when 1/ Georgia already has results of TPD's phone forensics 2014 and 2/ Georgia already has a log call showing the call to JS and specifically why techies cannot determine whether it's via Whatsapp when they can determine all other details about it - this is something which IQuestion has been raising recently

Thanks re bit in bold. Intriguing!
If Charlie would s/crew his child out of child support for so many years ( ending up with $1.5k contribution per month and minimising his incomings and exaggerating his outgoings ) am not surprised he'd try to rip off a bank or mortgage company.
Plus recall all the wiretaps with Harvey whether they seem to discussing clandestine financial dealings?

PS Just seen that True Lifestyles will later broadcast an update on Donna's call logs, if anybody interested.

Last edited:
Re my whatsapp point. Am just interested in why Georgia has to ask her whether she did have whatsapp when 1/ Georgia already has results of TPD's phone forensics 2014 and 2/ Georgia already has a log call showing the call to JS and specifically why techies cannot determine whether it's via Whatsapp when they can determine all other details about it - this is something which IQuestion has been raising recently

Thanks re bit in bold. Intriguing!
If Charlie would s/crew his child out of child support for so many years ( ending up with $1.5k contribution per month and minimising his incomings and exaggerating his outgoings ) am not surprised he'd try to rip off a bank or mortgage company.
Plus recall all the wiretaps with Harvey whether they seem to discussing clandestine financial dealings?

Just seen that True Lifestyles will later broadcast an update on Donna's call logs, if anybody interested.

Could it be that GC keeps asking about Whatsapp just to trap her in lies? Or to taunt her?

So will they get Harvey on real estate dealings? Can they use this as leverage in any way?

PS I know they sold their Coral Springs home cheap. For 475K I think. Its now worth twice that. Supposedly they were getting threats.

Last edited:
Could it be that GC keeps asking about Whatsapp just to trap her in lies? Or to taunt her?

So will they get Harvey on real estate dealings? Can they use this as leverage in any way?

PS I know they sold their Coral Springs home cheap. For 475K I think. Its now worth twice that. Supposedly they were getting threats.
IDK but such a pity Harvey&Donna's home wasn't able to be bugged ( for example between 6 - 13 November 2023)

Last edited:
Do we know that for sure?
IDK that either. IDK Florida rules for public release of signed warrants on covert recordings, somebody on WS should know. ( we got to see the search warrants for the Ipads and Iphones for DA & HA soon after DA's arrest)

I was just thinking how loose Donna's talk is on those two hot mic calls. Total maybe only 30 mins worth on the 2 hotmics but several days of covert recording might have captured so much incriminating chatter.

IDK that either. IDK Florida rules for public release of signed warrants on covert recordings, somebody on WS should know. ( we got to see the search warrants for the Ipads and Iphones for DA & HA soon after DA's arrest)

I was just thinking how loose Donna's talk is on those two hot mic calls. Total maybe only 30 mins worth but several days of covert recording might have captured so much incriminating chatter.
Bargaining power for Wendi? We shall see.

Yes the “gh” is interesting. You can’t make sense of English. But I find it strange to assign a masculine or feminine with Spanish. I’m surprised they haven’t changed the language yet to different pronouns…to reflect neutral gender lol
It’s not really gender as in sex. With languages these are just arbitrary designations, masculine and feminine. They could just as well say orange and purple, or whatever, perhaps they could change to that, but really who cares? It’s not like they think a table is a woman and a refrigerator is a man. I don’t think they thought about that when coming up with the designations, or anything. I don’t know why these languages have two different forms like that, but they do.

Our modern use of the word “gender” to mean, at various times, either biological sex, (male/female), or the social roles and behavioral expectations traditionally associated with that sex (masculine/feminine), is new. We borrowed that from linguistics, but that wasn’t necessarily appropriate or applicable. We used to say “sex,” on forms and stuff, and “masculine/feminine” when describing the behavioral expectations and social roles for each sex. These are two different things, but we now use “gender” to mean both.

For most people, their behavior sometimes conforms to the social/behavioral expectations for their sex, but at other times, it doesn’t. Blurring the distinction between physical characteristics and social/behavioral expectations by just calling them all “gender” seems to reinforce rigid social/behavioral expectations for each sex, and to pathologise the very normal phenomenon of not conforming to all of the social/behavioral expectations for your sex. JMO

Last edited:
It’s not really gender as in sex. With languages these are just arbitrary designations, masculine and feminine. They could just as well say orange and purple, or whatever, perhaps they could change to that, but really who cares? It’s not like they think a table is a woman and a refrigerator is a man. I don’t think they thought about that when coming up with the designations, or anything. I don’t know why these languages have two different forms like that, but they do.

Our modern use of the word “gender” to mean, at various times, either biological sex, (male/female), or the social roles and behavioral expectations traditionally associated with that sex (masculine/feminine), is new. We borrowed that from linguistics, but that wasn’t necessarily appropriate or applicable. We used to say “sex,” on forms and stuff, and “masculine/feminine” when describing the behavioral expectations and social roles for each sex. These are two different things, but we now use “gender” to mean both.

For most people, their behavior sometimes conforms to the social/behavioral expectations for their sex, but at other times, it doesn’t. Blurring the distinction between physical characteristics and social/behavioral expectations by just calling them all “gender” seems to reinforce rigid social/behavioral expectations for each sex, and to pathologise the very normal phenomenon of not conforming to all of the social/behavioral expectations for your sex. JMO
You are looking into it deeper than I did. Lol

GC's strategy was simply to trap WA in a lie which will be used against her at her trial. When she said "Did you message KM on Whatsapp on the day of the murder". What she really meant was "We know you messaged KM on Whatsapp on the day of the murder and we are really interested to see if you're honest with us!".

She did this multiple times. e.g her route down Trescott, her infidelity to JC, the bizarre TV repair episode. GC didn't go in depth into these issues, simply catching WA out on a lie e.g GC had the TV repair guys as a witness, but never used him as it wasn't pertinent to the case, CA was on trial not WA. But guaranteed he'll be making an appearance in her trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissingWithoutAnswers