FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And then there are some like me, who has seen the whole interview, but it was long enough ago that I've forgotten many of the details. I know I have to go back and rewatch. I want to know not just if she asked about the kids, but also when, what and how she asked about them.
Aside from the interview itself, Isom stated when he picked her up, before it was recorded, that her kids were fine. I am not singling out anyone.

I am one of the people new to this trial and have been trying to catch up as much as possible. The amount of info out there is overwhelming and although I had seen parts of Wendi’s interview with Isom, I could not recall specifically what Wendi asked/stated concerning the boys in the interview. I could have rewatched the interview but wanting to interact immediately with other members, I requested corrections or clarification on anything I said.

I’ve followed other cases, Scott Peterson, Casey Anthony, Jodi Arias, from the very beginning and recall new members to the thread asking questions that had been dealt with on the first thread of the case.

It’s uncomfortable posting as a newbie to this thread and I do appreciate members who have been helpful helping me understand and remember things more clearly.

I’ve decided to mainly gather written info from Websleuths as my memory can become very convoluted reading info from other sites.

Not trying to be argumentative just trying to relay from my now “new” perspective.
I'm not being critical so I am sorry if I came across that way. I’ve been on this case for a couple of years and if I can admit it, I spend most of my free time on it. But Im retired. It’s extremely detailed and time consuming. And then when there are hours of LaCassee interviews and time on the stand, and Katie, and Wendi, and the detectives. And the accountant..etc.Theres really so much time you have to put it and even though I’ve watched the trials many times and Isoms interview with Wendi at least 4 times, theres always something I get new out of them.
Katies 2 proffers are hours, and unless you have heard her testimony during her 2 trials, you don’t know where she is lying .

Well… not sure about this but I’ve read/heard that an owl is a symbol for death in some cultures. Cannot verify. But one thing I do believe is that, as someone here posted recently (I apologize, I forget who) I think this was a private little “dupers delight” thing by Wendi for Wendi… like wearing your teams jersey on game day. MOO
That assumes Wendi saw the random and unplanned photo Luis posted about the owl which he must have taken down within about a minute. Unlikely, in my opinion. What other significance or relationship would an owl have to this case? If you’re going with general “symbol of death,” why not a skull and crossbones, or a raven, or a scythe, just anything else? And honestly, if Luis hadn’t taken the photo of the owl, (which in all likelihood Wendi did not see or know about), would anyone be talking about her shirt at all? I doubt it.

LR may be superstitious, like me. Maybe it is another coincidence.

Did WA "text" a whatsapp selfie re: the Trescott visit? An owl symbol would need no words to express its meaning and get the point across. IDK, I suspect Team Adelson was on pins and needles and anxious to learn of a successful hitjob. They are truly sick people. IMO

Maybe there will be owl discussion during WA's trial.

o/t: Owls
  • Throughout history, owls have often been associated with death and considered to be of impending doom. Across various and belief systems, there have been numerous accounts of owl sightings being linked to unfortunate events or even predicting death. Let’s explore some historical examples that demonstrate the connection between owls and death.

The Superstitions And Symbolism Surrounding Owls And Death

innerhunches.com/owls-and-death/
Get the point across to who, exactly? People who happened to be looking at her mugshot or watching her police interview, which they would have had no idea actually occurred or when, or if it or when would be released to the public? Exactly who was Wendi supposed to be putting on the shirt FOR, and how were they to have known she put it on?

Love the summary! I wouldn’t be able to compress and articulate this case as you have! I’ve been dying to bring this up so figure this is a good spot to do that. WA is a seasoned, very accomplished liar. When she lies she looks at you (the questioner) straight in the eyes, barely blinking. I can hear her inner congratulatory I’m so convincing. With the head tilt. Miss innocent, someone referred to her as a pretty robot with head tilting as the reset lol.

Huge example for me … it’s in KM/SG trial that GC brings up the derogatory name “Jibbers”. (She says it was not derogatory but never referred to him that way directly). The judge asks WA how do you spell Jibbers. WA turns to look at him, looking a little puzzled like he’s stumped here there a little (insert eye roll emoji) and says, looking directly at the judge, wtte hmm I don’t really know. I’ve never written it. I guess you could spell it with a J or a G. In comes GC who says (paraphrasing) Miss Adelson, DM was programmed into your phone as JIBBERS. WA looks directly at GC, and with for eyes says “that’s right”. Very matter of factly like she didn’t just get caught lying. Pregnant pause by GC to let that hopefully sink in to the jury. I’ve watched that whole Jibbers exchange several times and the ease in which WA lies… there is nothing behind those doe eyes… it’s frankly chilling to me. So creepy.
Theres a channel new in covering this case. I know I can’t mention the name here, but she has the jail calls. The last week she has given summaries o the case and really the first one to do this.most of the other channels are for people who know about the case.So if you can find her it’s very helpful. Many like me have had to just watch everything to get a full understanding.

That assumes Wendi saw the random and unplanned photo Luis posted about the owl which he must have taken down within about a minute. Unlikely, in my opinion. What other significance or relationship would an owl have to this case? If you’re going with general “symbol of death,” why not a skull and crossbones, or a raven, or a scythe, just anything else? And honestly, if Luis hadn’t taken the photo of the owl, (which in all likelihood Wendi did not see or know about), would anyone be talking about her shirt at all? I doubt it.
I agree. There had to be some conversation about an owl.
Tuto also means owl.
Sigfredo Garcia, the killer was called “Tuto”

Well… not sure about this but I’ve read/heard that an owl is a symbol for death in some cultures. Cannot verify. But one thing I do believe is that, as someone here posted recently (I apologize, I forget who) I think this was a private little “dupers delight” thing by Wendi for Wendi… like wearing your teams jersey on game day. MOO
We would not be having this conversation if Wendi had worn a shirt with a pic of a dove instead of wearing one depicting the same bird one of the hitmen had photographed the previous night.

IMO she wore it as an inside joke to herself instead of any signal as to whether the job was done. Too too many little coincidences for which I’d love to see her questioned about while on the stand.

We would not be having this conversation if Wendi had worn a shirt with a pic of a dove instead of wearing one depicting the same bird one of the hitmen had photographed the previous night.

IMO she wore it as an inside joke to herself instead of any signal as to whether the job was done. Too too many little coincidences for which I’d love to see her questioned about while on the stand.
It (the owl)was also the Brandeis mascot. She was a graduate of Brandeis.(undergraduate)

I'm not being critical so I am sorry if I came across that way. I’ve been on this case for a couple of years and if I can admit it, I spend most of my free time on it. But Im retired. It’s extremely detailed and time consuming. And then when there are hours of LaCassee interviews and time on the stand, and Katie, and Wendi, and the detectives. And the accountant..etc.Theres really so much time you have to put it and even though I’ve watched the trials many times and Isoms interview with Wendi at least 4 times, theres always something I get new out of them.
Katies 2 proffers are hours, and unless you have heard her testimony during her 2 trials, you don’t know where she is lying .
No worries at all! It was an “ah ha” moment for me because I remembered getting tired of posters asking questions I felt they should have known the answer to. I now see a new perspective. I wish there was a media page with verified links but that may be too overwhelming. I did read several threads before posting.

Get the point across to who, exactly? People who happened to be looking at her mugshot or watching her police interview, which they would have had no idea actually occurred or when, or if it or when would be released to the public? Exactly who was Wendi supposed to be putting on the shirt FOR, and how were they to have known she put it on?
WA may have sent a selfie to KM CA DA and HA via whatsApp confirming the hit and she saw it with her own eyes before lunch and before the PoPo interrogation.
Remember, KM said she already knew when SG phoned her after the hit. How did she know? WA told her. IMO
and, DA didn't seem "shocked" when WA told her from the PD, IMO

Last edited:
No worries at all! It was an “ah ha” moment for me because I remembered getting tired of posters asking questions I felt they should have known the answer to. I now see a new perspective. I wish there was a media page with verified links but that may be too overwhelming. I did read several threads before posting.
Like i said this week someone gave a summary and I had never heard that before, it’s very helpful on the details of the case. Almost like reading a book. Saves lots of time.

I’m sorry, but I don’t understand this “inside joke.” What is so funny/relevant about an owl to this case, other than Luis having randomly photographed one, which, again, I don’t believe Wendi would have known about?

Wow…like I said, lots of coincidences. Thanks!
I don’t think it’s a coincidence that she wore a shirt with the mascot of her college. A lot of people do that. Unless you mean that it’s a coincidence that Luis took a photo of an owl, and the owl is the mascot for Wendi’s college. I do believe that is a coincidence.

WA may have sent a selfie to KM CA DA and HA via whatsApp confirming the hit and she saw it with her own eyes before lunch and before the PoPo interrogation.
Remember, KM said she already knew when SG phoned her after the hit. How did she know? WA told her. IMO
and, DA didn't seem "shocked" when WA told her from the PD, IMO
See my post, above, about the timing of events and how, according to the evidence at trial, the call from Sig to Katie was made at 12:30, Wendi left her home at that same time or only a few minutes before, and Wendi‘s phone first pinged a tower near Trescott at 12:35.

I don’t know what to make of Luis posting the owl picture. I don’t thing WA wore that tshirt as any kind of message to anyone. I think she had it and wore it as a little sneaky gift to herself. (“today’s the day!”) (that is only if she knew about the ominous owl connotation… probably impossible to know that) but since owls are cute it is a much safer T-shirt than skull & crossbones, etc). I think it amused her. Her little secret. Look! I’m hiding in plain sight and no one will be the wiser. Heehee. MOO

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that she wore a shirt with the mascot of her college. A lot of people do that. Unless you mean that it’s a coincidence that Luis took a photo of an owl, and the owl is the mascot for Wendi’s college. I do believe that is a coincidence.
Only if it's the exact logo of the college, like including the school's name on it. Otherwise I don't think that you can make that leap. I just did a Google Image search to look for it. You have to specify owl to get a logo with it, otherwise it's NOT their normal logo, and none of those images of owls are wearing scarves, so I don't believe that Wendi wore it to symbolize Brandeis. I think it was another coded message about the murder like the TV repair "joke".

Last edited:
Have we decided Tutu means owl? If so maybe it’s as simple as Luis seeing an owl, taking a pic of it and saying to Sig hey look tutu there you are! Best friends & all. But can I ask… why did KM make Luis take it down immediately so as to not divulge their location? Are there no owls in Miami? (legit asking). MOO TIA

Only if it's the exact logo of the college, like including the school's name on it. Otherwise I don't think that you can make that leap. I just did a Google Image search to look for it. You have to specify owl to get a logo with it, otherwise it's NOT their normal logo, and none of those images of owls are wearing scarves, so I don't believe that Wendi wore it to symbolize Brandeis. I think it was another coded message about the murder like the TV repair "joke".
Don’t want to beat this dead horse, (ok, obviously I do, sorry), but there’s no point to sending a coded message to someone with a near-zero likelihood of seeing it, when there’s also very little likelihood that you, yourself, are even aware that the code takes the form of an animal in a photo you also likely haven’t seen.

ETA- my college logo is an eagle. I often wear stuff with eagles, not necessarily from the college itself with the exact eagle mascot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member